The Turns of Evangeline's Lif...

By oinfinityandbeyond

Book 2 in the Evangeline Swans series, Twilight New Moon. A Jacob Black fanfic. Time to find out what's waiti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 16

198 3 0
By oinfinityandbeyond

*home*

I just finished packing Uncle Harry and dad's lunches for their fishing day, and Bella just hung up the phone from another unanswered call to Jake.

"Okay. We should be back around 3," dad said, putting the lunch boxes by the rest of the gear.

"Hey," he said to Bella as I sat on the couch.

"Look, I don't have to go fishing today," he said, wanting to be here for her.

"Yes you do," Harry said, and I looked back at him with a smile. I'm glad dad had those two to take care of him when we weren't here.

"Yeah. You do. Go. What are you talking about?" Bella asked rhetorically, and he looked at me.

"Just be careful and get a lot of my favorite," I smiled at him trying to stay happy. Jake's in good hands with the pack. And while I am mad at him for acting the way he was and saying the things he did, I still want him safe.

"Always am," he sighed looking to both of us then moving towards the door.

"Those bears won't get the drop on me, Bella, angel. My kung fu is strong," Uncle Harry said, squeezing my shoulder as he walked past the couch. They left, and a few minutes later Bella came back down from her room.

"Come with me to Jake's, please," she said, and my eyes widened. Oh no.

"Bells, I don't think that's a good idea. He has mono remember, and you get sick so easily. We shouldn't," I tried, but she only grabbed her coat and gave me a look, one that said 'I'm going with or without you.' I sighed and got up.

"Fine," I mumbled. I quickly put my shoes and raincoat on.

As we drove to the Rez, I let Sam know and sighed hoping that this would go okay.

"There he is. What is he doing outside and shirtless?" Bella pointed to him as we passed him in the driveway. Oh no.

She stopped the car and turned it off looking at him. She quickly got out, and I followed while subtly making the rain not fall on me.

"Jake!" She screamed out, and I glared at the ground.

"Hey!" she screamed again. He finally stopped across the little creek and turned to us as we marched to him. We stopped a few feet in front of him, and I couldn't help but look him over, seeing the change the phasing took on him, making sure he wasn't injured.

"You cut your hair off?" She asked, and with a closer look at his shoulder, she noticed the pack symbol.

"And got a tattoo?" She asked, I stayed a couple feet behind her, still on the bridge.

"Bella. Linnie," he said and his eyes widened and his heart picked up as he looked at me. I lightly gasped as my heart stopped when I made eye contact with him. It feels like a missing puzzle piece just slipped into place. Like that small hole I've always had was just filled. I feel this pull to him, like I had to be by him. The rain started falling on me as I couldn't concentrate on keeping it off. Everything seemed to shift, and if it was even possible my mind became more about him. I saw him in a whole different way, I saw his aura, the bright gold, for wolf, shining and the other colors peaking out showing his emotions. I felt my angel side try to show and overpower me, wanting to go to him more than anything. He took a step to me, and my feet moved before I could even tell them to.

"I thought you were too sick to come outside! Or pick up the phone when I call." Bella said, causing both of us to snap out of whatever just happened.

"Go away," he looked at her, and I could just feel his mood shift.

"What?" She asked while I stayed quiet. I'm still shocked and confused on what just happened. He probably sees my aura, the wings and halo, which is why his eyes widened and his heart picked up. Now I'll have to explain to him what I am.

"Go away," he said again, less orderly.

"What happened to you? What's... hey! What happened?" she grabbed his arm, turning him and stopping him from walking away. I wanted to grab her arm off of him and throw her across the field. A sudden protective feeling washed over me and a very low growl came from my chest. Jake quickly looked at me with slightly wide eyes before putting on his numb mean guy act.

"Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?" She asked, and I looked at her. She's always disliked Sam, ever since Jake voiced his opinion about him.

"Sam's trying to help me. Don't blame him," he almost chuckled at that, shaking his head a little. I could feel his anger rising, so I thought of calming things, sending those to him.

"But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you both love, the Cullen's?" he spat, looking at me, and it felt like I was punched. He's mad at me for being friends with the Cullen's? I'm not friends with them anymore, Sam had to have told him that.

"I'm not friends with them! Not anymore!" I yelled out over the rain, even though I knew he could hear me miles away.

"We don't know what your talking about." she lied after a second, putting me in there with her. I don't like lying to Jake, even if I didn't directly.

"No, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You've been lying to everyone. Charlie. But you both can't lie to me. Not anymore," he said, and I heard a long ding, looking to the forest line seeing the pack.

"Jacob!!" Sam yelled out for him.

"Jacob!" Paul then yelled quieter, and I sighed knowing he was going to have to go. He looked at them and started panting a little. I could feel all of his emotions like they were my own, and all I wanted to do is be by him.

"Look Bella. We can't be friends anymore," he said to her, not addressing me.

"Look, Jake, I know that I've been hurting you. It's-it's killing me. It kills me. I just need...maybe give me, like, some time or something," she was crying by now, and it was hurting him.

"Look, don't. It's not you," he said, having trouble finding the words. He can't tell Bella what he is, Sam alpha ordered him like he did the others, to protect the secret.

"It's not you, it's me, right? Really?" She asked, all three of us shaking, the rain is freezing.

'Sam, please let him tell her! She knows about vampires, she knows about me! Why can't she know about y'all?' I asked, looking at him across from the yard, and he shook his head. He wasn't even giving me a verbal answer!

'This is hurting him Sam! You're hurting my fated!' I screamed out at him and froze. Jake's my fated? I didn't even- is that what just happened? I-I- oh my gosh.

"It's true. It is me. I'm not good. I used to be a good kid. Not anymore. This doesn't even matter. Alright? This, it's over." he said, and I wanted to scream at him till I'm blue in the face about how wrong he is. He is good! Now he's better, he's a spirit warrior, he's my fated!

"You can't break up with me," she shook her head. My heart broke hearing the pain in my sister's voice. But there was also a burn in my heart.

"I mean...I mean, you're my best friend. You promised me." I held my tongue, jamming my glowing hands into my pockets. He is my best friend and they never dated so they can't break up, why doesn't she get that?

"I promised I wouldn't hurt you Bella. And this is me keeping that promise. Go home and don't come back, or you're gonna get hurt," he threatened her, but before he started really running off I spoke up.

"What about me?!" I asked and he froze, then quickly looked back at me. He seemed to be at a loss for words, so he turned and ran off to the pack.

"I don't get how he just broke up with me, kicked me away, and told me not to come back. Yet, he doesn't say anything to you? That's so unfair," she said to me with venom in her voice, and I snapped.

"It's because I'm his best friend! You've never been his best friend Bella! He wasn't your boyfriend! He is my best friend! We were starting to date! You had to come and mess that up! You've taken everything from me, and I will no longer stand on the sidelines and watch you take my Jake from me! Whatever y'all had is over! Accept that and move on!" I screamed at her with anger I don't feel except for when fighting a vampire. My hands immediately flew to my mouth as I gasped, realizing what I just did.

"Bells, I'm so sorry! I didn-" she cut me off by marching towards me, and roughly pushing me back.

"What the heck?!" I screamed at her, but she was crying and was mad.

"Don't say that! You're so selfish that you couldn't share your best friend and now he's gone! He left and this is your fault! Again! Jake was my love! You're a liar! He didn't mean anything that he said! He'll be back!" She screamed at me, and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Just like Edward will be back?" I asked knowing it'll hurt her. She gasped a little like it pained her to hear his name. She grabbed me by my shoulders, pulling to the side, and pushed me into the fast moving creek. A short scream escaped before I was submerged in the water. I quickly got my bearings and stood, the water moving fast and hard against my thighs. It wasn't a deep creek, but I'm not the tallest.

I looked at the small bridge, and she was gone. The truck was started and she sped out, leaving me here. I screamed out of so many emotions suffocating me. This is not how I wanted the day I found my fated to go.

~Soooo things may not be okay but hey we found out Jake is indeed Eva's fated! What do you think?! Happy reading!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 159 18
Twilight Saga Fan Fiction. Bella Swan x Carlisle Cullen. In which Bella is shocked by some intense deep feelings for Carlisle (who she is the true...
137K 3.4K 19
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version of Emily Swan's story. The Rewritten version is Our Forever containing Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Brea...
326K 7.7K 29
'They say she had beauty like no other.' 'She was queen of the supernatural world, she just didn't know it.' Violet Belle Swan's, sister to Isabella...
2M 51.1K 84
Riley Swan has no idea what was coming for her in this new town with her sister, she just knew that Bella has made a promise to protect her, and then...