An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 49 - Different Directions

102 7 7
By SkyPhoenix13125

While he was growing up, Yoongi often feared that he'd become like his parents. Cold and interested in his own gains instead of anyone else's.

But the fact that he would rather you leave this wedding and risk making him and his family look bad in front of someone they wanted to get close to was more than enough to convince him that he had nothing to worry about.

"Come on, cab's waiting," he told you as he led the way outside. Your hand was gripped tightly in his so that you'd keep up.

A cab had indeed pulled up outside and the driver stepped out when he saw you.

"Mr. Min?"

"That's me. Please take her straight to the...which hospital are they at?"

You told him the name and the driver raised his eyebrows.

"Sir, that hospital is two hours--"

"I know," Yoongi interrupted. "I know how far it is but a family friend is dying. It's very important that she make it."

"All right. I'll do my best."

Yoongi turned to you. "Take this, make sure you get a ride back from the hospital. Don't stay there all night. I'll join you as soon as I can."

He handed you a credit card.

"And you, what was your name?"

"Kim Ryeowook, sir."

"Ryeowook. Hand me a pen if you have one, and some scrap paper."

"Okay."

"I want you to call me the minute you get to the hospital. Let me know that you arrived safe. And this should cover the cost including more gas."

The driver gingerly accepted a wad of bills from Yoongi's outstretched hand.

"Th-thank you, sir." He moved to open the passenger side door.

You were still standing there on the curb, clutching the card in your hand. Your brain registered what was happening, but it was processing very slowly.

"Yoongi?" He glanced at you. "I don't want to leave you here."

He smirked. "It's just a wedding. I'll be fine."

"But your parents--"

"If I get an earful from them, then that's my problem. You need to go."

He actually turned to head back inside but you grabbed him. Hugged him as tight as you possibly could.

"Thank you," you managed.

Ryeowook helped you into the car before returning to the driver side. Yoongi cleared his throat.

"You'd better not forget to call me, Ryeowook."

He quickly nodded his understanding before driving off. Yoongi stood there a few moments, watching the car drive off into the night.

Yeah, he'd definitely get an earful for this. 

"Oh Yoongi, there you are! You simply have to come speak to Mr. and Mrs. Lee!" His mother called as soon as he came back in.

"This is my son, Min Yoongi. He's the supervising director of a large shipping company not far from here."

Yoongi smiled and shook hands with the pair.

"And his wife...should be here somewhere."

"Actually, she wasn't feeling well. I sent her back to the hotel ahead of us."

"You did what?"

"She feels terrible, but it was a beautiful ceremony. Congratulations on your new daughter-in-law."

"Thank you."

As soon as the Lees were gone, his father rounded on him. "What do you mean she's at the hotel?"

"Actually, I lied. She's going home early, but I thought that sounded worse."

"Home?" His mother repeated. "What about her luggage at the hotel?"

"Forget about the luggage," Mr. Min hissed. "How could you let her leave at all? This event is important to us!"

"It's important to you," Yoongi corrected him. "We weren't even going to come until you decided for us."

"Min Yoongi--"

"If you're going to argue about it, you should wait until we're in the car on the way home. You'll have two hours uninterrupted."

"We're leaving," was all he said before storming off towards the entrance. The car ride back to the hotel, the elevator ride to their floor, and even the walk to their separate rooms was all done in silence.

Yoongi lounged on the bed and flipped through channels on the television. He went to shower and change clothes and realized you really had left your luggage behind. Your toiletries, your pajamas, even your phone charger. He carefully put them back in your suitcase against the wall. 

"So..." Ryeowook said after about ten minutes of silence. "Your friend there seems a bit overprotective of you."

You nodded. "Actually, he's my husband."

"Husband, huh?" He smiled. "I hope I'm that kind to my wife in the future. You must have a lot of history together."

"Yeah. You could say that."

Jimin never imagined that you'd actually show up at the hospital. You hadn't said anything like that when he'd talked to you.

He'd been in and out of the room for the past few hours, taking care of his mother. Bringing her coffee and some snacks. Handling the calling of other friends and family to take that load off of her. He was actually in the middle of talking to an aunt of his (she had been one of the first to be called but she only now called him back) when he saw some overly dressed person storming down the hallway toward him.

He only just managed to recognize it was you before you stopped in front of him. He quickly told his aunt he'd call her back.

"I came as soon as I could," you told him. "How's your dad?"

"He's...fine. He's on bed rest. What are you wearing?"

"Came from a wedding, didn't have time to change." And before he could stop you, you'd breezed past him into the room where his parents were.

"Hi, Mrs. Park, how are you?"

"I'm fine, dear. How...how are you?"

"Good."

"(Y/N)!" Mr. Park said. "You didn't have to get all dressed up to come and see me."

"When Jimin called me, I was at a wedding out of town. I got here as fast as I could."

"Wedding? Your wedding?" he asked.

Jimin sighed quietly.

"Dear, I told you (Y/N) got married several months ago," his wife said. 

Mr. Park hummed. "That's right...we got an invitation to that. Sorry I couldn't attend."

"It's okay." 

"Here, why don't you sit?" Mrs. Park said as she stood up. "I think I'll go stretch my legs." 

You sat down beside the bed. Jimin continued to hover by the door.

"Sorry my father couldn't be here, they're on vacation right now."

He nodded slowly. "That's all right. Glad they're enjoying themselves. Your old man takes everything so seriously. Suppose you get that from him."

"Dad," Jimin hissed. But he just laughed.

"It's not an insult, Jimin. Hell, she drove all the way here just because I was here in the hospital. Not a lot of people would go that far."

You smiled. "It was more trouble for Yoongi, honestly. Oh," you quickly pulled out your phone. "I forgot to call him and let him know I got here. Would you mind--?"

"By all means, go call him. I'll be here when you get done."

You tried not to think too much about that statement and went out into the hall. Mrs. Park had returned from her walk by then and you waved her back in. You had two missed calls from Yoongi and a voicemail so you quickly called him back.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, sorry for not--"

"Did you get my message?" he blurted out.

"I saw I had one but I didn't listen to it."

"I got a phone call from--"

A call waiting beep sounded on your phone. Your father's number popped up on your phone. You quickly declined.

"Sorry, say that again?"

"He said that we--"

You sighed. "Yoongi, start again. I missed it."

"Choi Siwon. He found a loophole!"

"He did?"

"We can break the contract. He's sure of it."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi there to all the readers who have made it this far! I hope you're enjoying the story as we're almost at Chapter 50.

As you read in one of my past chapters, my roommate and I are about to move. We're actually moving this week and we'll be without Internet for a couple of days once we get settled because the timing didn't quite work out. 

For right now, I'm planning on next week's chapter being published on our regular schedule, but just in case it's late, that would be why. :) 

Thank you as always! I hope you're enjoying reading the story as much as I am writing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 3.7K 15
The business industry always have some sort of arranged marriage. That was the one thing Jimin forgot about before he majored in business and marketi...
8.1K 453 27
What happens when a cold, rude business man who doesn't believe in love and a fearless and a stubborn girl crosses path. You - I see. I'll show you w...
11.3K 577 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
166K 6.4K 52
[Marriage series; Book 1] What happens when an 18 year old girl who is just starting her college life gets arranged with the handsome 25 year old bil...