๐–๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐–๐€๐‹๐‹ | draco...

By fi-ella

Draco Malfoy fic in a Hogwarts universe where Voldy doesn't exist and everyone is alive and well. โœฉ ๐™’๐™Š๐™‰๐˜ฟ... More

preface
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 39 pt.2
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73
chapter 74
chapter 75
chapter 76
chapter 77
chapter 78
chapter 79
chapter 80
chapter 81
chapter 82
chapter 83
chapter 84
chapter 85
chapter 86
chapter 87
chapter 88
chapter 89
chapter 90
chapter 91
chapter 92
chapter 93
chapter 94
epilogue
six months later
extras

chapter 6

55.6K 1.6K 2.5K
By fi-ella

GONE SOFT

"Elysia!"

I was walking down the hallways when Cedric spotted me, jogging to catch up to me.

"Ced!" I engulfed him in a bone-crushing hug. He hugged me much tighter, taking away all my oxygen. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you around at all."

Cedric grinned down at me. "I asked Cho out."

My eyes lit up. I punched his arm. "About time! Did she say yes?"

Cedric scoffed playfully as the two of us started walking together. "Of course she did. Who could resist?"

I laughed. "I'm sure half the female population in this school is jealous of Cho. Where are you taking her?"

"We're going to head down to Hogsmeade this weekend," he told me. A feathery smile played on his lips as he spoke. "I know she drinks tea at least three times a day so I was thinking we could stop at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop."

I bit my lip to contain my giddy smile. I was happy for Cedric and hearing the excitement in his voice made my heart swell. "I hope you two have a lovely time, Ced."

"A lovely time, huh? We must be talking about the long-awaited first date that's taking place this weekend." Cedric and I joined the Weasley twins in the Great Hall.

Cedric rolled his eyes but his face was tinging crimson with a blush. "'Nough bout me. What are you lot up to?"

"Been swamped with quidditch practices," George answered. "Ginny's ecstatic she got Seeker again this year."

"She's going to kill it."

Fred rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm sure she will. Harry's been giving her all of his best tricks."

"I heard Slytherins been working extra hard this year-they're not planning on taking another defeat from Gryffindor this year," Cedric told us.

I scoffed. "Don't tell me Malfoy is seeker again."

"Nope, he quit."

I stared at Cedric, bewildered.

"He did?"

Cedric nodded.

George snorted. "It makes sense. His daddy bought his place on the team."

I slunk back in my seat. "He may have but Malfoy was a good player. He worked hard."

All three of the boys turned to look at me, their eyes narrowed.

"What's this?" Fred leaned forward on the table, beaming a suspicious smile at me. "Elysia Ambrose is coming to Draco Malfoy's defence?"

I sneered as I placed the palm of my hand on Fred's forehead and shoved his face back. "Shut up, Freddie. I was just saying."

"You've gone soft," George commented, intrigued. "For Malfoy, no less."

I scrunched up my nose, utterly bewildered. I was simply saying that whether or not Lucius had bought Draco a spot on the team years ago, Draco was indeed a good player who was hard to beat. If his spot was bought, he did the work to keep it all these years.

I stood up from my seat, flipping the boys off. "And you lot have officially gone mental."

The boys laughed from behind me as I walked away from them. Instead, I joined Hermione, Ginny and Luna who sat further down the long table.

"Hey girls."

They smiled up at me as I sat down.

"Elysia, you look charming as always."

I beamed a giddy smile towards Luna. "You my love, Lovegood, are an angel. As always."

A blush crept up Luna's cheeks. "Stop it, you."

"Ginny," I folded my hands on top of the table, leaning over. "I heard you've made Seeker. Congratulations."

Ginny blushed herself, flattered by her newfound attention she was receiving due to her spot on the team. "Thank you. I am terribly nervous I will cause us to lose the entire match."

"Don't be silly," Hermione shook her head. "You'll do great. Nobody should dare try to mess with you."

We fell into conversation about quidditch and Ginny's nervousness about being Seeker again this year. I was lost in my own thoughts, thinking about George saying I had gone soft for Draco. That was absolutely ridiculous.

"Do you lot think I've gone soft?"

The girls all looked at me in confusion.

"Soft?" Luna asked in her gentle, quiet voice. "Meaning?"

I shrugged, my nose crinkling. "You don't think I-I'm easily manipulated by Malfoy, do you?"

The girls all shared looks that I couldn't decipher. I had no idea what they were thinking which was concerning.

Hermione cleared her throat. "I think it's-marginally interesting how much you two enjoy bothering one other."

What did that even mean?

Ginny shrugged. "I don't think he manipulates you, per-say. Maybe you haven't gone soft but surely this on-going rapport of squabbling can no longer be simple hatred."

I blinked. My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "You think I don't hate Malfoy?"

Ginny clasped her mouth shut, looking down at the table.

Luna also looked elsewhere, gazing around the Great Hall.

I turned to look at Hermione. "Tell me. Go on."

Hermione sighed. "It's difficult to consider that it is sole hatred. If you truly hate him so much, you would hardly be able to stand him. Most of the time-it just seems that you two are actually quite fond of the rapport you have."

Fond?

I was not fond of Malfoy.

It was difficult to explain the relationship we had.

Draco was simply born with a personality that I am meant to clash with. He's a Slytherin, I'm a Gryffindor. He's a Malfoy, I'm an Ambrose. I'm best friends with people who he despises-simply due to either their blood or because he had always hated Harry for no apparent reason. Hating Draco is simply expected.

We talked far more than I should talk to someone who I hate-but it was mainly arguing. Arguing still counted as communication. I go out of my way to sneer at him, he goes just as out of his way to mock me right back. We insult each other, we spend time finding the perfect insults and we grow excited when we can finally throw those insults and see the look of dismay on each other's faces. It almost seemed unnatural for a day to come where this didn't happen. It had become such a routine, such a normal thing, that I think it would feel weird to see a day without it.

But I was friends with his friends-and despite how lowly Draco spoke about my friends, he never really did go out of his way to do anything about his said-hatred towards them. Because he never did anything, none of my friends were actually bothered by Draco-with the exception of Harry who would simply never get along with him.

I didn't know what to consider my feelings towards Draco Malfoy. Did I hate him? Did I dislike him? Did I simply just not get along with him? Were we just meant to have this bickering-rancour with one other?

I squished my cheeks with the palms of my hands, staring between the girls with unsureness. "Malfoy's just-well he's an arse."

"Am I now?"

I spun around, nearly falling out of my seat.

Draco stood behind me, his arms crossed over his chest and his signature smug smirk playing on his lips.

I glared at him. "Malfoy, have you never been taught that eavesdropping is quite rude?"

Draco quirked an eyebrow. "Ambrose, have you never been taught that talking behind someone's back is quite rude?"

Oh, I want to kill him now. I want to strangle him with my bare hands.

I forced a sickly sweet smile on my face. "Was there something you needed, Malfoy? Or were you just looking to get decked in the face?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Oh, I've got just what I need, Ambrose." Draco loosened the green striped tie he wore around his neck, grinning smugly as he walked off.

I groaned as I turned back around to face the girls.

Luna bit back a smile. "One point, Slytherin. He had you there, Elysia."

I groaned even louder, dropping my face in my hands.

"Maybe you have gone soft."

The girls laughed as I cried in anguish.

-

Just as I had left DADA class, Draco walked right into me causing my books to fall out of my hands, hitting the floor with a loud thud.

I stumbled backwards. "Watch where the fuck you're going, Malfoy! Goodness, do you need to have your eyes checked?"

Draco only smirked at my irritation. "Short temper, Ambrose?"

I glared at him before bending down to pick up my books. Surprising me, Draco also bent down to help me gather them. He placed his hand on top of mine when I was picking up a notebook.

I lifted my gaze to look at him, both of us crouched on the floor in front of each other. His head tilted to the side. "Doesn't make me much of an arse if I'm helping you pick up your books, does it?"

My face grew warm as I pulled my hand away from under his. "Sod off, Malfoy."

I quickly gathered my books and stood back up, holding my hand out for Draco to give me the last notebook of mine that he was holding.

Draco's eyes glinted with amusement as he held the book out to me. When I tried to take it from him, he kept his grip firm. He was stronger than me, not allowing me to pull the book from his grasp.

"What do you want?" I snapped, glaring at him when he wouldn't let go of the book. I kept pulling but he didn't budge.

Draco took a step closer to me. The only distance that remained between us was that of the width of the notebook. "Talking about me with your friends, are you? I find that quite interesting."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. "As if you don't rage to your friends about how much you surely want to kill me on a daily basis."

Draco hummed softly, cocking his head to the side. "You're right, Ambrose." He sighed heavily, dramatizing. "I do talk about you to my friends. Just not about killing you."

I nearly snorted. "Yeah? If not killing me then what? Don't tell me you're going off about how much you adore me."

Draco moved even closer so the notebook was now pressing into my chest. "Yeah," he exhaled, his voice quiet and low. "All about those enchanting eyes and-" his eyes darted to my mouth. "Pretty lips."

I can't even tell if he's mocking me.

I momentarily forgot to breathe. I gaped at Draco with my face feeling like it had been set ablaze.

Draco lifted his gaze back to my eyes. When he saw the flustered look on my face, a smirk stretched across his face.

Draco finally let go of his side of the notebook he had been holding, taking a step backwards. "What's wrong, Ambrose? Cat got your tongue?"

I blinked, pulling myself out of whatever trance I had just fallen into.

Draco snickered as he turned and walked away from me.

One point, Slytherin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 2.2K 76
โš ๏ธUNDER EDITING/REVISIONโš ๏ธ (Still available to read) "There's no way that boy could ever feel love..." Hermione spat "I think he could...you guys j...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
1.7K 57 31
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...
157K 7K 110
- แด€ แด…ส€แด€แด„แด แดแด€สŸา“แดส า“แด€ษดา“ษชแด„แด›ษชแดษด Draco lifts his head up, shooting a glance towards his left to the witch staring shamelessly at him, his pale eyes settl...