Their Wife

By DRK_Stories

Nea Riar, a human, accidentally stumbles upon a portal to another world full of everything she has thought to... More

Copyright + Warning
Theirs Series
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
18.5 (Zev)
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty (Part 1)
Forty (Part 2)

Twenty-Eight

73K 2.7K 932
By DRK_Stories

A/N: Don't forget to go back and read chapter 18.5 (Zev's POV)

The next morning I woke in a haze of confusion. I wasn't used to waking up in such a large and bright room. Sun streamed in through gauzy curtains and bathed the room in a brightness that hurt my freshly awoken eyes. Squinting against the blindness, I searched for my glasses so I could prepare to face the many challenges I was sure the day would hold.

Today was the day guests would start arriving.

I don't think I realized the impact of the event until that moment. It suddenly became glaringly clear how much more mindful I would have to be.

After a quick wash in the shower- a luxury I wished to maintain after this whole party ordeal was over even though I knew I wouldn't. Maybe I could convince Ezra to run off with me. We could have quick morning showers together every morning.

Smiling, I washed my face with a bar of soap before rinsing and drying myself off and getting out and dressed in one of the light dresses that hung in the closet.

There were five distinctly set-out outfits in the closet. The first was the light, sap green dress that went to the knees that I choose to wear. It was the simplest and the most obvious choice from those set out. The second was another dress but was a dark navy blue one with long sleeves that went all the way to the floor. An evening dress. Too fancy to wear to breakfast.

The third seemed like a riding outfit. It was a pair of tight-fitted khaki pants, a white polo, and black boots. The white set of underwear to go along with it made me horrifyingly and suddenly that someone had taken the liberty to set aside a matching pair of underwear for each outfit. I ignored the lacy olive set that sat on the shelf near where I grabbed the dress I wore from. I was fine with my simple, black, cotton briefs and too-tight bra that I had on.

There was another evening gown, a lovely cream number that caught the light with a shimmer in its movements.
Beside that dress hung what I assumed I'd wear the night of the party.

It was a beautiful A-line dress that brushed the floor. Pale, pastel pink peaked through the black lace and mesh that covered the lighter layer. The corset of the dress had loose black ribbons hanging in the back, making it clear the dress wasn't designed to allow the wearer to breathe. The skirt fanned out at the waist. It reminded me of a Disney princess dress, but just less poofy.

At least I wouldn't have to work too hard to keep people out of my personal bubble. The skirt would act as a great buffer zone.

There were a few other simple dresses, shirts, skirts, and pants set out on the shelves next to the distinct outfits. I recognized them from those Ezra had forced me to purchase. I guess they didn't have assigned event times.

I froze.

Shit.

Maybe the dress I was wearing had an assigned event time.

"Shit," I repeated, verbally.

I went to grab another top from the shelf but screamed and dropped the one I had managed to get a hold of when the closet door burst open.

"Lady Riar!"

I shrunk my neck into my shoulders at the bright and cheery voice.

Her panicked gasp was what drew my eyes.

"Oh, dear, you're already dressed! My apologies, My Lady. I won't be late in the future!" she said. Her head was bowed as she stared hard at the ground with her hands tightly fisted in the black skirt of the simple black dress she wore. She had a plump frame and was at least half a foot taller than me and had orange hair. Like a carrot. She tried to hide it, but I could see the faint tremble of fear that worked its way through her limbs.

It took me a moment to gather myself due to the early morning fright and my lack of ability to function yet. In my moment of processing everything, all I could do was blink at her. My after reaction wasn't much better.

"What?" I asked. I was starting to think that maybe I wasn't awake yet.

She looked at me with large, doe eyes. The yellow of her eyes was just as shocking as the orange of her hair.

"Cindy!" Hissed a voice quietly from the bedroom.

"Nicole!" Cindy- I presumed- loudly exclaimed as she quickly straightened and clasped her hands in front of her. "I found Lady Riar! We're in the closet."

A moment later, a yellow-haired woman entered to join Cindy and I in the closet. She was a few inches taller and I swore I saw a flash of a sunflower in her hair. Her eyes were a less shocking colour, like mine. They were dull and dark, appearing black.

"Lady Riar!"

I would have groaned if it wasn't so rude. People needed to stop calling me that. It made me feel like I was trapped in a period drama.

The newcomer- Nicole- went on to also point out that I had dressed myself like she was a mother and I was a child who had decided to wear her favourite princess dress to school.

"I can change if I'm wearing the wrong thing," I suggested, feeling uncomfortable. I had thought I would have had a few more minutes before I had to interact with others.

Maybe that was why I was slow to notice the fact the two in front of me were women.

More precisely, they were the first women I had seen in the manor.

The realization kickstarted my brain and my head jerked between the two.

"You- who?"

I didn't know how to word what I needed to ask. Hell, I didn't even know what I needed to ask! It wasn't a normal thing to wonder what you would first ask when you met your first woman in this manor.

Luckily, they must have understood the general premises of my wonder.

They both straightened and stood side by side, shoulder to shoulder with their shoulders back, necks held high, and hands clasped behind their backs.

"Good morning, Lady Riar," the yellow-haired woman, Nicole, started. "We have been employed by Lord Cassius to be your ladies-in-waiting. We are honoured at the opportunity to serve you, My Lady," she ended her words with a courtesy that Cindy matched.

Taken aback, I stepped back into the wall of empty shelves.

This closet had way too many to hold one person's clothes.

I knew Cassius said he was going good hire me ladies-in-waiting, but I hadn't realized what that meant at the moment. Even if I did, it was well within my right to expect a certain kind of lady-in-waiting, the kind who would deal me the same treatment I received from the other servants in the manor.

What I hadn't considered or expected, was what stood in front of me. An orange and yellow-haired duo. The former appearing bubbly and full of energy if her bouncing was an indication, while the latter stood straight and proper, faint colour rose to her cheeks as she glanced embarrassingly at her friend from the corner of her eye.

"We're sorry for being late," the bustling ball of energy, Cindy, blurted out, sobering slightly.

My brows furrowed at her words while my mind was still lagging on the actuality that I would be the one being served. "Late?"

She nodded while looking at the floor.

"You're not late. I didn't know you were going to be arriving to help me."

An unnatural, high-pitched, excited squeal escaped from Cindy's mouth. "Lord Cassius must have wanted to surprise you!"

Oh, he surprised me. It was what our whole relationship was based on.

Surprise, you're on our property!

Surprise, you're being abducted!

Sunrise, we're fucking married!

While I absorbed the wild fact that I now had women-in-waiting, they finished getting me ready.

Turns out I picked the right dress. Turns out it was the only thing I did right.

I hadn't realized I wasn't done or how much I had done wrong until Cindy had dragged me to the dressing table and sat me down before starting on my face while Nicole undid the pins in my hair.

As much as Cindy's overly bubbly personality grated against my morning nerves, Nicole's calm and quiet demeanour soothed them. If it wasn't for Nicole, I would have thrown Cindy out the window by now. She and Kai needed to be locked in a room together each morning so they could wear each other out before the rest of the population had them unleashed on them.

Face freshly done, hair perfectly pinned in place, and dress smoothed down, Cindy and Nicole sent me on my way to the dining room for breakfast while they stayed to organize my closet and clean my room. There wouldn't be much for them to do.

A few too many minutes later, I stood outside the dining room doors slightly out of breath and probably late. It wasn't my fault I was accustomed to heading towards the servant dining hall. Plus, I couldn't technically be late if I was never given a time to arrive, could I?

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open and walked in.

It didn't seem like I was late.

But it didn't seem like I was very lucky, either.

But early? Yeah, that seemed about right.

The large table was empty except for Jaxon and the extravagant spread of food.

He looked up when I pushed through the wooden double doors. The smile that spread his lips wasn't welcoming.

"Hello, little slave," he said, leaning back and crossing his arm. The action stretched his grey, cotton shirt across his chest. His eyes travelled the length of my body. I could see his face harden as his smile slowly faded. "You look... different today. More... like a princess than you should," he said. He didn't seem to like that fact, his next words made it clear. "But don't worry, I can fix that."

The excitement that lit his eyes scared me more than his words alone ever could.

I smoothed my hand down the fabric of my dress before clearing my throat. If I was going to be the lady of the manor for the next few days, might as well play the part. Plus, I already knew where I stood with Jaxon. That was the one good point to his attacks, knowing what he wanted. It took a bit of the fear away.

"No need," I started as I walked to my seat. Of the places set, I choose the one furthest from where he sat near the head where I had no doubt Cassius would sit. To be extra spiteful, I choose a spot on the same side as Jaxon so I wouldn't have to see his face while having my meal.

I smugly smiled to myself. He didn't need to be aware of what I was doing for me to find joy in it.

"Nuh-uh," Jaxon said as walked past him. He reached out a hand and clamped down on my wrist, jerking me to a halt. My arm felt like it was being pulled from its socket when he used it to drag me into his lap. My shoulder pressed into his hard chest as my ass landed on his lap sideways. "Wrong seat, slave," he said. Using one hand at the back of my neck to hold me in place, he buried his head into my neck and hair like yesterday. "As the lady of the manor, you sit at the head of the table." He inhaled deeply, a slight rumble of contentment sounded from his chest. "As my wife," his arm around my waist tightened as his voice sounded growled. "You sit at the head." He pulled me closer and pressed his lips against my ear. I could feel them spread into a smile borne of another's misery. "As your favoured husbands, Cassius and I will be sitting on either side of you."

He meant least favoured, right?

I pushed at his arm. "Then can I go take my seat?"

"This could be your seat, slave," he rumbled into my ear, thrusting his hips up against me slightly. His voice suddenly changed as his movement stopped. "Last chance," he stated.

Last chance?

The sudden serious tone in his voice had startled me.

"Last chance," he repeated.

"For what?" I asked, still confused.

He buried his face back into my hair. "To change your mind."

My mind? "About what?"

He nipped my jaw. "About how you want to entertain me."

I stiffened.

Maybe it was because one of them had started to worm their way into my heart. Maybe it was because one of them kept saving me. Or, maybe it was because one of them hunted me down to apologize.

But I had forgotten for a moment why these men were so dangerous. Why all men were dangerous. They may not act like those I had already had to face in life, but they were the same, maybe even worse with their ability to deceive me.

I ground my teeth. I couldn't even enter the dining room for breakfast without being reminded that the most valuable thing about me was between my legs.

In the distance and over my beating heart, I could hear the faint sound of others approaching. I swore I could recognize Ezra's laugh. Which was probably why I was bold enough to say what I did next.

"Last chance."

He didn't seem to hear me at first.

"Last chance," I repeated, louder.

Jaxon pulled back and looked at me confused. He tilted his head.

I leaned forward until my lips brushed his ear. "Last chance to let me go before you won't have the equipment necessary to make that offer." Just to drive the point home, I bit the shell of his ear. Hard

Here are back and blinked, clearly taken aback. I could see the moment in his eyes when he fully processed my words. The gold irises swirled and darkened. His features started to twist with his emotions, but Ezra and Zev entered at that moment.

A low growl cut through the room. I stiffened.

Warm moist lips brushed against my cheek, pressing into my skin.

"What," the lips deceptively tickled my skin gently, "did you say?"

I could feel the faint tremors of fear re-familiarize themselves with my muscles.

I felt disoriented as I felt myself become suspended in the air before harshly crashing into a hard surface as loud noise defended me.

My ears rang as I opened my eyes. The source of the ringing must have been due to the large metal platters that lay against the wall, the food that was on them moments ago now decorated the wall.

Feeling something shift around my torso, I looked down to find an arm wrapped around me as my side pressed up against a different man this time.

Zev.

I looked towards the noise on the other end of the dining room and gasped

Zev sighed boredly. "Don't worry. They'll wear each other out."

"No," a booming voice cut through the air. "They will behave like men and act accordingly."

Cassius walked in, a tablet and a few files tucked under his arm as he flipped through the pages of one in his hands, as Ezra held Jaxon against the wall.  He didn't seem the slightest bit disturbed.

Ezra on the other hand looked moments away from murder as he tightened his hold on Jaxon's neck. Faint sparks flared from his fingers.

Jaxon on the other hand, had his narrowed eyes still focused on me. They seemed near black.

They were scary. The eyes of a predator who was locked onto their prey. Prey they would conquer.

The time in the room seemed frozen, suspended in space, not moving.

Everything was still except Cassius who calmly walked to his seat and Zev who tried to get me to move with him towards the table.

"Now," he simply stated.

The word was spoken normally, but the impact it had was immense.

Ezra remained in Jaxon's face for a moment before pushing him away with a shove and heading towards me as Zev gently pushed me towards the table.

This was such a great morning. Especially with Jaxon continuing to stare daggers into me.

"Fuck, Nea, you okay?"

I nodded as I took my seat. At the head of the table.

Luckily, Ezra took the seat beside me that Jaxon had claimed. Zev took the one next to him and Jaxon settled with sitting next to Cassius.

"Where is Axel?" Cassius asked, mirroring my own thought.

"He's not feeling well," Zev answered. "He'll join us later when the guests start arriving."

Cassius didn't look like he liked that answer. "Is there going to be an issue?"

Zev paused as he reached for a muffin and glanced towards me. "There shouldn't be."

"But will there be one?" Cassius had set aside his papers and was focused on Zev.

"Here."

Intrigued by their odd conversation, I hadn't noticed Ezra grab a plate and that he had loaded it up with food for me until he was placing it in front of me.

I looked at it surprised before giving him a thankful smile and grabbing the fork.

Tuning back into Cassius and Zev's conversation, I was disappointed to learn I missed Zev's answer. They had moved on to discussing the brothel. Turns out that despite Zev being the owner, Cassius took care of the business aspect.

After a few peaceful moments of eating- well as peaceful as it can be with Ezra trying to send death to Jaxon with his eyes and him just using that to fuel the death he was sending my way- Cassius had to ruin it.

"Ms. Riar, are you prepared?"

I looked up from the pink slices of fruit I was eating.

Like always, there was only one answer Cassius would accept for his question. "Yes," I answered after swallowing.

He nodded as he bit into his toast. "The members of this household, including all of the staff, have been informed of your situation and the role you will be playing for the next few days," he informed me. Picking up his cup of tea, he raised it to his lips as he looked at me. "Our staff is very loyal, Ms. Riar."

I nodded at the statement. It was clearly a warning and a threat all in one. Loyalty meant one thing; they wouldn't help me, but they'd have no problem helping them.

"And I do not have to remind you of the consequences for stepping out of place?"

I shivered unpleasantly. "No."

Ezra soothingly squeezed my hand on my lap.

"Calm down, Cassius, don't scare her. I trust her, she'll do fine."

My heart warmed at the reassurance and trust be had in me even if it was regarding a situation I didn't want to be in.

I gripped his hand back firmly. I was going to have to make it up to him somehow. I didn't have much to offer, but I had one thing that men made glaringly clear they want. I didn't doubt that Ezra wanted it too, it's just he actually took into consideration the other party's willingness to participate.

I had been taught that bad behaviour got you punished while good earned you a reward.

I think it was time Ezra got his reward.

I could feel my cheeks heating up as my mind played through the many different ways I could reward him.

"You're too trusting, Ezra."

The interrupting voice poured a bucket of ice water on my heated thoughts.

"Don't worry, we'll keep you in her good books so you can keep getting between those legs of hers, who knows who else she lets in," Jaxon said, the remark dug deeper than I liked. "I'll be more than happy to dish out her punishment. I'm sure Zev would love to help."

"I'm good."

Silence.

Everyone looked at Zev. I could even see Cassius glance towards him out of the corner of his eye.

"What?" Jaxon asked, not able to hide his shock.

"I said I'm good."

I didn't know Zev well enough to understand why everyone at the table was so shocked by his answer. Honestly, it was a little frightening. Especially once I recalled the time he ground my hand into broken glass. He hadn't done much to me since then and with Jaxon piling me with more work than necessary, I had forgotten about the events of that afternoon tea for a moment. Even the stuff his minions had been doing to make my life harder had decreased lately.

"Calm down, Jaxon. There will be no need to punish anyone," Ezra said.

The air filled with tension as the two locked eyes. It seemed the problems from the other day weren't properly lain to rest. I could see it in the anger that burned in Ezra's eyes.

Jaxon shook his head. "It's a good thing we found you before a woman did," he said, his tone was laced with mock concern. "She would have destroyed a thing like you."

Ezra's fingers tightened on his fork. He sat back and snorted mockingly. "And you faired out better, Jaxon?"

The smug smile on Jaxon's face started to dip.

"You didn't even have to find one outside of your home," Ezra continued. "How did it feel, hmm, Jaxon? Did you feel destroyed when she took the one person you had? The one person who ever loved-"

Glass shattered as Jaxon threw his cup across the room. He flung himself over the table towards Ezra, taking out a whole tray of strawberry tarts on the way. He landed on Ezra and they both fell back, tipping the chair over from the impact.

Without giving him a moment to react, Jaxon landed a punch to Ezra's eye. Not taking it complacently, Ezra returned it followed by a headbutt.

Zev sighed as he took a bite of his buttered pastry. "You broke the peaceful one."

I looked at him wide-eyed. Wasn't he going to try to stop them?

He continued to eat like there weren't two grown men having a fistfight a few feet away. I looked towards Cassius for help, but he was too focused on his phone to even notice that there had been a disturbance.

A loud chiming sound cut through the air. The silence that followed was nearly as deafening.

"Shit," Jaxon cursed from the floor where he sat panting as he straddled Ezra with another punch loaded. He spit out a mouth full of blood to the side before continuing to stare into Ezra's eyes with violent hatred.

Ezra must have touched on a sensitive subject to warrant the level of animosity Jaxon was giving off. It made the anger he directed towards me at my threat seem like child's play.

"Enough," Cassius said, finally interfering. "You know how important it is to maintain our cover and remain inconspicuous. Do not forget."

Their cover?

"Fuck this shit," Jaxon mumbled angrily. He knocked a tray of bread off the table with a clatter as he left the room.

With him no longer near, I rushed to Ezra's side and helped him sit up. Looking over his injuries, I winced along with him as I prodded his bloodied lip.

He brushed away my worried hands. "I'm fine," he reassured. "I'll be completely healed in a few minutes."

I was reluctant to believe him, but then I saw a faint scratch on his cheek knit and scab close before healing until I couldn't tell there was once an injury there.

A clearing throat jolted me from my amazement. I turned my head to find Lester standing in the dining room doorway. His face twisted into the expression of someone who had stepped in dog shit when he spotted me. He straightened his expression as he delivered his message to Cassius.

"The Duchess of Greenbay, Lady June, has arrived early with three of her husbands.

Their Wife Book One is complete on Patreon! Read all the chapters (37) on Patreon right now as well as patreon only chapters, and the parts of book 2 that have been completed already!

https://www.patreon.com/xoDirtyLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 24 1
Book Three Available on Patreon: patreon.com/DRK_Stories
1K 8 8
Welcome to the other part of depths of hell. Where in a world like this, characters from other fandoms meet each other to create one hell of a chaos...
49 0 1
* WARNING!* This is a reverse harem with erotic scenes: Women with five men simultaneously and has some male-on-male intercourse! Located underground...
283 25 15
Morpheus, Lucifer and Loki... An Endless, The Devil and A Norse God. Believe it or not, the three of them had a beautiful bond called a Soulmate Bond...