Consequences

Od CourtesyTrefflin

Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywal... Viac

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Future
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 3 - Visions
Chapter 4 - Journey to Cloud City
Chapter 5 - Bespin
Chapter 6 - Vader
Chapter 7 - Escaping
Chapter 8 - From the Past
Chapter 9 - Visions
Chapter 10 - Mustafar
Chapter 11 - The Rebel Alliance
Bonus Chapter - Vader
Chapter 12 - Confirmation
Chapter 13 - Tatooine
Chapter 14 - Rancor
Chapter 15 - Sarlacc Pit Battle
Chapter 16 - Old Friends
Chapter 17 - Endor
Chapter 18 - Speeder Bike Chase
Chapter 19 - Into the Trap
Chapter 21 - Confrontation
Chapter 22 - Battle
Chapter 23 - Mission Complete
Chapter 24 - Homecoming
Chapter 25 - Awakening
Chapter 26 - Knighting
Bonus Chapter - Anakin
Chapter 27 - Chaos on Ringo Vinda
Chapter 28 - To the Rescue
Chapter 29 - The Investigation Begins
Chapter 30 - Arrival
Chapter 31 - Discovery
Chapter 32 - Planning
Chapter 33 - Assassination Attempt
Chapter 34 - Crashing
Chapter 35 - Off the Front
Bonus Chapter - Sidious and Plo
Chapter 36 - Duel at Daybreak
Chapter 37 - Into the Underworld
Chapter 38 - Spice Shipments
Chapter 39 - Darth Maul
Chapter 40 - The Battle of Mandalore Begins
Chapter 41 - The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 42 - Captured
Chapter 43 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 44 - A Promise Unbroken
Chapter 45 - Aftermath
Epilogue

Chapter 20 - Ewoks

181 6 2
Od CourtesyTrefflin

We arrive at the end of a walkway high up in the trees, at the end of which is a village made out from mud huts, all interlinked between the thick treetops. The procession continues into the village, where many other Ewoks are scurrying about, some of them obviously babies from how tiny they are. They're adorable, but I'd find them much cuter if not for the situation. Most of them hurry back to their huts as we come into view. We're carried to what must be the village square before the procession comes to a halt.

They lean the poles Artoo, Chewbacca, Luke, and I are tied to against the trees and carry Han to the center, lying his pole vertically over what looks like a barbecue pit. Oh, great. It looks like Han is going to be their dinner tonight. We need to do something, and fast. Probably start by talking some sense into Threepio, which is going to be a hard thing to do. The droid is... not meant for intelligence. No offence to Anakin.

They gently set Threepio's litter throne not far away from the pit, giving the droid a good view of everything that's happening. He watches with complete fasciation. Seriously? I guess this is why you don't become friends with protocol droids. The rest of us are far less than interested, to say the least. It's then that I suddenly notice a familiar force presence not far away. Leia's. Don't tell me she was captured by the Ewoks too.

"I have a really bad feeling about this," worries Han.

"So do I," growls Chewbacca, trying and failing to pull free from his bonds.

Just then, all the Ewoks stop bustling about as another one steps into view. He walks between us, staring intently at each of us before going over to Threepio. He then begins speaking to him while another Ewok examines our lightsabers – which I'm seriously beginning to consider snatching and putting an end to this. Although there's no way I could do that without killing many of them which I don't want to do. Patience was never my strong point, but I guess I'll have to practice it for now while waiting for a better opportunity to do something. Never mind that there's this nagging feeling from the Force to just let events play out for now, and I've learned to follow the Force.

After the Ewok finishes his declaration, the others return to bustling about, this time collecting wood and piling it under Han.

"What did he say?" Han demands finally, an increasingly panicked expression on his face as he looks to Threepio for an explanation.

"I'm rather embarrassed, General Solo," frets Threepio, "But it appears you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor." Perfect, just perfect. We're to be eaten in honor of a droid. Who knew a mission to deactivate a shield generator could end with this?

As if in response, drums start beating around the square as their celebration begins. Just then, from out of the main hut walks the last person I except to see – walking freely anyway. Leia. She's wearing an animal-skin dress. Her eyes immediately fall on us and widen in horror.

"Leia!" Han, Luke, and I exclaim at once.

"Oh!" she exclaims in alarm, stepping towards us, but the Ewoks block her path with raised spears.

"Your Royal Highness," Threepio greets her. Chewbacca growls, and Artoo beeps in greeting as well.

Leia sighs as she looks at the Ewoks, before turning to Threepio. "But these are my friends. Threepio, tell them they must be set free."

Threepio begins speaking to the Ewoks but they shake their heads in refusal and continue piling wood in the barbecue. Leia frantically looks between all of us, trying to figure out what she should do.

"Somehow, I get the feeling that didn't help us very much," groans Han.

"Threepio, tell them if they don't do as you wish, you'll become angry and use your magic," commands Luke.

"But Master Luke, what magic?" demands Threepio, "I couldn't possibly –"

"Just tell them!" I practically yell, patience running extremely low. I'm not about to sit here and watch as we all get killed.

Threepio turns to the Ewoks and begins to speak again. Then the leader steps forwards, waving his arms. From the tone and expression, I think he just issued a challenge. Luke closes his eyes, concentrating. I decide to let him handle it. After all, he's the one who needs experience here.

"You see, Master Luke, they didn't believe me," Threepio replies as the throne he's sitting on begins to rise. He doesn't even notice. "Just as I said they wouldn't."

"Wha- wha- what's happening!" he cries suddenly in alarm as he realizes that he's floating in the air, "Oh! Oh, dear! Oh!" He rises higher in the air and the Ewoks begin to scramble away from him in terror, running as fast as they can. Many race back to hide in their huts.

"Put me down!" screams Threepio in terror. "Heeelp! Master Luke! Artoo! Somebody, somebody, help! Master Luke, Mistress Ahsoka, Artoo! Artoo, quickly! Do something, somebody! Oh! Ohhhhhh!" I'm laughing so hard by now I hardly hear his screams anymore. And lucky for us, the Ewoks are clueless that their "god" is actually screaming in terror from his own "magic," not casting a terrifying spell on them.

The lead Ewok turns to the others and begins barking out commands. They run over to us and untie the ropes. Finally. Luke lowers Threepio back to the ground, and Han rushes over to Leia and they embrace. Luke and I hug her next.

As soon as Artoo is freed, he beeps furiously, clearly very upset about what happened. He sends a blue beam of electricity shooting at the nearest Ewok. The first is zapped, and they all take off running. Artoo rolls after and zaps another before beeping a final angry comment and rolling over to join us.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh! Thank goodness," sighs Threepio in relief now that he's on the ground again.

"Thanks, Threepio," Luke says to the droid.

"I... I never knew I had it in me," he replies shakily. So, he thinks that he's the one who made it happen without knowing it, or what? Well, I guess he is just a droid, who obviously doesn't understand anything about the Force at all.

A small fire lights the chief's hut where we've all gathered. Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, and I all sit along one wall while Threepio is sitting on his throne near the center of the room. Ten other Ewok elders are gathered here, including the Chief who is also sitting on a throne, though not as high and fancy as Threepio's.

Shadows from the flames dance across the walls and low ceiling as Threepio continues his tale of everything that's been happening in the galaxy. Though I can't understand most of it, there are a number of words that I can catch, including Jedi, Death Star, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and Artoo. He has the complete attention of all the Ewoks. Apparently, he can tell good stories after all.

Artoo suddenly interrupts, beeping with excitement about something.

"Yes, Artoo. I was just coming to that," replies Threepio, before turning his attention back to the group and continuing the story. I soon begin to identify more words such as Han Solo, Millenium Falcon, Cloud City, carbonite, and Sarlacc, as the droid finally finishes the story up until where we are now.

Once he has finished speaking, all the Ewoks gather, murmuring to one another. Then they all begin to nod in what appears to be agreement about something. Finally, the Chief rises and begins making a proclamation.

Drums sound from outside the again, where the rest of the tribe is gathered and all the Ewoks stand up, cheering and excitedly shouting. It makes them look even more cute than before.

"What's going on?" wonders Han as we stand up.

"I don't know," responds Leia, puzzled.

"Wonderful!" exclaims Threepio happily, "We are now part of the tribe." Part of the tribe? I was just made part of a tribe of Ewoks? Now this I must tell Anakin when I get home.

Anakin... Which reminds me of how terribly I miss him. How much I want to fight side by side with him again. I don't even know when I will again, especially now that Master Yoda is gone, and someone has to send me back home. Leia's not trained, and Luke's less skilled than me. Which leaves only Anakin. And to think that he's right here, on this moon right now. The closest we've been since the Cloud City. Right. He knows Luke and I hare here. He obviously knew something was up, but he let us through. Why? What is my master planning?

As the Ewoks run over to us, wrapping their fury little arms around us in an embrace, I glance over at Luke to see that a shadow has crossed over his face as well. He's thinking along the same lines as I am, right now. I'd really like to have a talk with him.

"Just what I always wanted," laughs Han as they hug him. They're hugging Chewbacca as well. Somehow, everything they do just makes me find them even more adorable, at least now that they're not about to eat us.

"They're pretty short be of too much help," remarks the Wookie.

"Well short help is better than no help at all, Chewie," Han chuckles before looking down at the Ewok clinging to his leg. "Thank you. Okay." Well, no help at all will save us if Luke and I stay here. Not if he comes here for us. The longer we're here, the longer we put the mission at risk.

"He says the scouts are going to show us the quickest way to the shield generator," Threepio informs. With the Ewoks having let go of me, I make my way to the back of the hut near the door, following Luke who is heading out in front of me. I know he wants to talk also.

"Finally, we'll be able to get on with the mission," barks Chewbacca happily. Taking the opportunity while everyone is distracted, Luke and I quietly step outside into the moonlight flooding the forest.

"Good," I hear Han saying as we walk a little ways away, "How far is it? Ask him. We need some fresh supplies, too. And try to get our weapons back." Right. We still need to get our lightsabers, but I'm not really concerned about that at the moment. It's time to talk.

"We can't stay here with everyone," I murmur, staring up at the dark sky for many long moments. The only light up in the sky above the trees is the partially completed Death Star, glowing like a moon would. I can only think of one another option for us to take right now and...

"I know," Luke sighs, "We can leave. Surrender ourselves to the Imperials maybe. We could try to convince them that we came alone. Not only would that help the mission, but also..."

I know exactly what he's thinking. "Then we'd be able to talk to... Vader," I finish quietly. He nods, a distant look in his eyes. "We better leave now, then. The longer we stay, the greater the risk is," I decide.

As Luke opens his mouth to respond, a sudden rustling of branches from near the hut catches my attention. We both turn to see Leia approaching.

"Luke? Ahsoka? What's wrong?" she questions, concern lacing her words as she stops next to us.

"Vader is here, now. On this moon," answers Luke.

"How do you know?!" demands Leia in alarm.

"We felt his presence," I explain, "When we were coming to the moon and even now."

"He will come for us," Luke adds, "He can feel when we're near."

"And that's why we have to go," I continue, "As long as we stay, we're endangering the group and our mission here."

"We have to face him," he concludes quietly.

"But why?" Leia asks, confused and distraught.

The time is right to tell Leia the truth now. There may never be another chance. Especially because as I reach into the Force, feeling the future for what will transpire before I return home, I get mixed feelings. Something good, but also swirling clouds of darkness and despair... What is going to happen?

"Because –" I begin, but trail off, unable to force the words out. Thankfully, Luke answers her question for me.

"This isn't going to be easy for you to hear," Luke holds her gaze for several long moments, "But you must. He is our father."

"Our father?" she gasps, staring at us in shock.

I decide to move on with the conversation. We need to hurry here, and every moment counts. There's no saying what he might do. "If we don't make it back, you're going to be the only hope for the Alliance."

"Don't talk that way!" Leia cries, a horrified expression on her face, "No! Luke, Ahsoka, run away, far away. If he can feel your presence, then leave this place. I wish I could go with you."

"No, you don't," Luke says firmly, "You've always been strong."

"We can't," I respond quietly, "We have to face him." Destroy Vader and bring back Anakin. I have no idea how, but we have to. I can't – won't kill my brother. Not now, not ever.

"But why must you confront him?" she asks almost desperately.

"Because there is good in him. We've felt it. He won't turn us over to the Emperor," explains Luke.

"We can and will save him," I insist, "We can turn him back to the Light Side."

"We have to try," he adds before he and Leia embrace for many long moments. She hugs me next, for what I can only hope won't be the last time before we turn towards the walkway that leads out of the village.

"Goodbye Leia," I call softly over my shoulder, feeling her fear, pain, and a multitude of other emotions through the Force as we walk away, "May the Force be with you."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

164 14 7
*REUPLOADED AND COMPLETED* This is basically just an excerpt from the Revenge of the Sith around the time when Order 66 was just executed...which fea...
29.2K 546 33
The war is over, the jedi were executed for treason, and then imperial times had begun. The only jedi left were Obi-Wan, Yoda, and of course Anakin's...
64.2K 735 45
A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood friend Ahsoka Tano. They became reacquaint...
56.8K 2.8K 86
Instead of leaving the Jedi Order, Ahsoka stays and is present for the fallout of her master's fall to the dark side, the fall of the Jedi Order, and...