An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 48 - Another Wedding

101 7 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

Sun had asked you for one favor. Watch reception while she and Namjoon went on a lunch date.

She was lucky that HR wasn't busy (and that Namjoon always finished his work so there was no chance of him getting behind). Besides, it was only for an hour so what was the worst that could happen?

Aside from Mr. Min coming in suddenly. 

He hesitated for the briefest moment when he saw you behind the desk. "I'm here to see my son."

"Of course."

You showed him to the elevator and used your key to let him up. "He's on the fifth floor, end of the hall."

"I'm well aware."

You managed to turn away before making a face at him. Was it your imagination or had Yoongi's parents started acting ruder to you recently? 

After a second of debating it, you dialed Yoongi's number.

"Hel-?"

"Your dad's coming up."

"What? Why? What are you doing in reception?"

"I'm just working here, Yoongi. Wanted to give you a heads up before he got there."

He sighed. "Thanks."

"Okay, that was it. Bye."

And before he could respond, you'd already hung up. He rolled his eyes. You'd gotten colder at work recently, or maybe it was his imagination.

He heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Yoongi. I have something to discuss with you."

"It can't wait until after work?"

"Do you think I'd be here if it could?" Mr. Min walked over to a chair but did not sit. "Your mother is downstairs, so I'll make this quick."

Meanwhile, you were downstairs dealing with a slight problem.

"I'd like to speak to Mr. Min."

You froze for a second, about to tell the man that he had the wrong number. But this was just a few days after Jin had gone in for an interview. He must be looking for Yoongi as a reference.

"Yes, sir. Can I ask who's calling?"

"This is Ryu Dong Sun. I was told I could reach him at this number."

You didn't recognize the name, but this must be for part of the catering company.

"Of course, I'm happy to transfer you. I believe Mr. Min is currently in a meeting, so if you don't receive an answer, you're welcome to leave a voicemail for him and he'll return your call as soon as he's able."

"Thank you."

You quickly transferred the call, knowing full well that Yoongi wouldn't answer. Not with his father in the room with him. There was no telling what they were talking about.

Thankfully, Sun and Namjoon came back about ten minutes later. Sun switched with you, and you quickly made your way to the elevator.

"Where's the fire?" Namjoon called.

"Yoongi's dad is here and I want to be as far away from him as possible. I'll be in my office."

Namjoon frowned. What business did he have here?

"I'm not having another shareholder's meeting," Yoongi sighed. "They're only supposed to be once a year."

"You're in charge, so why does it matter?"

"It matters because I'm in charge. I have nothing to tell the shareholders so there's no point in holding the meeting."

"Listen to me. Jungkook's company is out-performing yours by a large margin--"

"Good! He should be! That app was the passion project he's been working on for over a year."

"Then where's your passion, Yoongi? Why don't you have the same drive he does?"

"Well, for one thing, this isn't my company. You basically stole it and handed it over to me."

It was Mr. Min's turn to sigh. "Don't you ever get tired of fighting me?"

"What?"

"This, this constant back and forth. I mean, look at you. You're running a company. You're married. You have all the money you could ever need. Isn't it obvious by now that your mother and I know what's best for you?"

For once, Yoongi sat in stunned silence. How did he have the audacity?

"Since your wife is downstairs playing receptionist again, she must realize it too. This is what's best." He checked his watch. "I've stayed too long, we'll discuss the details later. Remember, we're picking you up next Friday."

He set something on the desk before leaving. Yoongi glanced at it. It was a wedding invitation, the one his parents must have received.

If there was anything that would drive him crazy, it was this. Watching a couple actually in love while he had to pretend.

Still, maybe it would be okay.

The drive up there was fairly uneventful, everyone sitting in stony silence while Yoongi's mother and father took turns arguing with a contractor over the phone.

Apparently they were remodeling part of the house. And the man they hired was not doing things to their specifications. How they could know that when they weren't there, Yoongi would never understand.

Still, the two of you did not contribute at all, staying as silent as mice for most of the ride.

Yoongi figured his father was enjoying that.

The next afternoon was the actual wedding, so you spent that morning doing things around the hotel. Getting brunch like a big, happy family. Sightseeing for a couple of hours. Shopping. Normal things.

It made you want to puke. The longer you spent with the Mins, the more you wanted to bribe their driver to take you home.

But finally, you made it to the reception. You could sit in silence near them but not have to speak to them. This would be much better...

That's what you kept telling yourself. The venue itself was in a large church, similar to where you'd had your own wedding. Maybe that was why this felt particularly hard for you. Watching a stunning bride walk down the aisle, obviously in love with the man she planned to marry. The music and ceremony were beautiful.

Yoongi pulled on your hand. "Are you all right?"

"What's going on?"

"The reception. Or did you forget?"

You sighed. You had forgotten. Now you had to spend two hours at least schmoozing with strangers. Might as well be at another charity ball.

At least this did remind you of your own wedding, Yoongi guiding you around to talk to people. Using as few words as possible. He was in the same boat with you, wanting to do nothing more than go back and relax in the hotel.

"Ah, Yoongi! I'm glad you could make it."

You both turned to see the bride smiling brightly at both of you.

"Thank you for inviting us, Jieun. This is my wife," he added.

You smiled. "It's lovely to meet you. You and Yoongi were classmates, right?"

"Yes, that's right." She turned back to Yoongi. "I had no idea you had gotten so successful. Your parents are talking Donghae's ears off about it."

"I'm sorry about that. They insisted on coming for that reason."

You opened your mouth to chime in but felt something buzz in your bag. It felt like a phone call. "Oh, would you excuse me? I should take this."

"Oh, there's a hallway just through the door there," Jieun told you. You quickly thanked her and headed that way.

"Guess that means I'm free to save your husband now," Yoongi joked.

She laughed. "I'd appreciate it. We have a lot of people to greet."

It only took about five more minutes before Donghae and Jieun could get away from his parents. Yoongi managed to slip away himself not long after that.

You were still nowhere to be found. So he made his way to the hallway you had gone to take your call in, and found you sitting on the floor, head in your hands.

"What's going on?"

You slowly lifted your head to look at him. "Jimin's dad isn't going to make it."

"How long does he have?"

"A few more days at most. It's not looking good." You wiped your eyes. "I guess I should head back in."

"Were you crying?"

"My friend's father is dying, Yoongi. They can't even get a hold of my parents to tell them so that's why Jimin called me. Of course I was crying."

"Then go."

You blinked in confusion. "What?"

"You should be there."

"I can't just leave. What about your parents?"

"Let me worry about that. Besides, if you're going to cry for the rest of the night, you're going to bring down the mood here."

"Yoongi," you began, but he was already dialing a number. "What are you doing?"

"Calling a cab. We're sneaking you out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 2.7K 63
You lived a normal life, you owned a small flower shop and everything was fine. Until you met him. ...
3.8K 371 24
A story in which a man named Jeon Jungkook works hard and wants to replace his father and be the Ceo of their company. It's his first priority and mo...
2.6K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
333 16 12
-"Namjoon ah. is she pretty?" His father asked him. -"Appa?" That was all he could say after hearing such a question from his dad. -"You're going to...