You Can't Change Your Mind

By aperfectdreamer

After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 14

23.8K 598 45
By aperfectdreamer

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES!!!!

||||• Not everyone could see this chapter before. Soooo lets try this again!•||||

*I'd like to make a special shout out to @BeanzCayla1013 for being such an amazing fan! And making me cry from their wonderful comments!(:*

LEXI'S POV

The white cotton fabric was smooth against my bare legs as I turned in bed. It was still pitch dark out, but I couldn't fall back asleep. I continued to twist and turn, trying to find the right spot. But nothing was going to help. It was 4:23 in the morning, yet I was wide awake.

I finally came to terms with this fact. So I slipped out of bed. Figuring no one would be up at this unGodly hour, I stayed in Chase's teeshirt.

I was trying to creep down the stairs quietly when I heard a rustling in the kitchen. 'Crap.' I inwardly groaned. I didn't really want to run into anyone. I still want a snack though.

I tip toed into the kitchen to see Alex standing in front of an open fridge. The light gleamed into his face, making his eyes glow. Regardless of the hate I hold in my heart for him, my heat picks up pace a little at the sight of him. A side effect of the damn mate bond. I froze.

' Maybe he'll be nicer when it's just us...' My wolf reasoned with me. 'Maybe we can finally explain everything.'

'Ok.' I told my wolf. Continuing to walk into the kitchen.

"Hey." I spoke gently walking over to the center island.

"Hey..." His eyes scanned my body. I could hear a low growl emit from him, but I tried to ignore it. His wolf was probably angry about me being in another man's clothing. I was now regretting not putting on pants at least. I walked over and stood leaning at the counter.

"You couldn't sleep either?" I kept my voice low, knowing that everyone else was asleep.

"I haven't in a while." He spoke. He didn't sound angry, but I knew it was my fault he couldn't sleep. Another mate effect. You were supposed to be together.

"Oh?" What was I supposed to say? I'm not going to apologize. If it hadn't been for him we could've been happily ever after. I would've fallen in love with him in no time. I wasn't the one who turned away from my mate.

"You know it hard to sleep without your mate once you've met them..." Now I could detect the anger in his voice. I sucked in a deep breath, praying we weren't about to argue. Within an instant he was pressing my stomach into the counter, his body pressed tightly into my back. The cold counter dug into my stomach. "So, have you been able to sleep?" His words whispered into my ear caused tingles to shoot through my body. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. It clouded his normally appealing sent. My wolf was on high alert, already able to tell he has had way too much to drink by the sloppy movements of his body. It took a lot to get a werewolf drunk. I can only imagine how much he has consumed. Everywhere he touched my skin caught fire. My heart beat quickened. Not in pleasure but with fear. I think I'm the only mate one the planet who is truly repulsed by her mates touch at this moment.

"I've slept fine, thank you." I clipped my words, while trying to push him off of me. So much for being nice. I didn't push him very far. Instead I basically just wiggled around with no avail.

"I somehow don't believe that baby." His hand rubbed up and down my side. "But maybe I do because you sleep with Chase every night, you slut." His harsh words whispered in my ear brought tears to my eyes. I loved Chase. I know I'm not a slut. But the sharpness in his voice and the hatred from my mate broke my heart a little bit more than it already was.

A tear spilled over as I fought the anger off inside of me. If I responded snarky it would only anger him further. I didn't want to start something. I knew if I made him too mad and he tried to hurt me, he'd win. He was much stronger than me. And as much as I'd love to go off on him, it wouldn't end well for myself.

"What was I supposed to do Alex? You rejected me. You laughed in my face." You could hear the emotional cracks in my voice as I spoke, doing my best to not show him how hurt I was.

His breath caught, and I was pulled around so I faced him. "I'm so sorry baby." He pulled me into a loose hug. "I don't mean it! I don't! I want you back! I love you so much!" He rushed out, his hands slipped down to my thigh. I couldn't take it anymore. I shoved him away as hard as I could.

"Stop it Alex!" He finally let me push him away. "You made that decision a long time ago!" He stumbled back a few steps.

"We are mates for a reason Lexi! We are meant to be together!" He hissed, straightening up. I ignored him for a second, catching my breath and racing heart. I pulled my shirt back down into place.

"Or maybe you were meant to reject me, and I was meant to find Chase!" I finally hissed back, into the quiet kitchen.

"Chase is just a-" he barked out.

I cut him off, fire burning in my words. "Don't you dare talk bad about him! I love Chase." I heard him whimper. "He took me in when I was broken! He is an amazing man! Don't. Talk. Bad. About. Him. Ever!" By the end of my rant my fist was pounding into Alex's chest.

"You don't mean that." Alex spoke with such determination. He grabbed my hand and held it to his chest.

"I do. With every fiber of my being." I stepped away from him, jerking my arm from his grasp.

He growled and grabbed me by my waist. His hungry lips captured mine, causing me to lock my lips shut tightly. I kicked. And hit. And shoved. Nothing was moving this beast off me. I felt his hands slip up my big teeshirt. His hands caressing my sides. His fingers slid on the rim of my panties. I would fight this time. I will never let another man take advantage of me in anyway. His hand didn't hesitate long and soon he was touching me. I did my best to pull away, trying to make his fingers retreat.

'CHASE!!!!' I screamed in my mind link. Stupid boy! He's probably dead asleep! He's never going to wake up!

'TUCKER!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!' I shouted to him through mind link.

'Where are you?!?' He immediately responded.

'The kitchen!!'

Alex's hands made their way to my butt, he cupped it as he continued to kiss me. He pulled back and growled. He leaned forward and bit my lip, trying to get me to kiss him back. I punch at him, the best I could. I was finally getting him off of me.

I heard the door being thrown open, then Tucker's booming voice yell out. "Get your fucking hands off of her." His words even shook me to the core.

Alex jumped back surprised. I took this chance to run over behind Tucker. I pulled my night shirt back down, and clung to Tucker like my life depended on it. My fingers shook and my breathing was ragged.

"If you hurt her. I swear I will kill you so many times over they won't even be able to burry you, because they can't find the fucking pieces." Tucker hissed. Tears were streaming down my face, his assault reminding me of many before, as Tucker pulled me into a comforting hug.

"Look at the slut! She has another boy hanging on her!" Alex mocked. But his anger didn't reach his eyes. He honestly looked sad. Tucker growled, before jumping on him, leaving me to feel exposed.

Punch. Punch. Punch. Punch.

"TUCKER!" I yelled. He was too wrapped up in his rage to hear me.

I ran over and attempted to pulled Tucker off of Alex.

"Tucker! Come'on." I finally got his attention. As angry as I was at Alex for resurrecting so many harsh memories, and forcing himself on me, I didn't want him hurt. A small part of my soul was still bound to his.

Tucker took in my appearance, slowly pushing off of Alex.

Tear stained face. Over sized wrinkled teeshirt. Red swollen lips. Slumped shoulders. "Please." I whispered, clutching my shaking hands together.

He fully jumped off Alex and ran over to me. "It's okay, it's okay. I've got you." He whispered while hugging me.

"Thank you." I whispered back, burring my face in his chest.

"Always baby doll." He kissed my forehead.

As we started to walk away I heard a voice behind me, "You're still my mate Lexi! I want you back! You're mine."

I turned around and glanced at him over my shoulder.

I don't want his love. He doesn't deserve it. I have more of a family now, than I ever did before. Tucker, and John, and Chase. I love them more than I've ever loved anything.

"You can't change your mind." I spoke loud and clear, my words sitting in the otherwise silent air. With my head held high I looked at him one more time before turning on my heal, and walking away. Tucker's arm over my shoulder, my face tucked in his chest. I may have tear stained cheeks and a runny nose, but I was strong. I felt braver than ever before in this moment. With Tucker at my side I felt invincible. This is what my big brother should've always been like. Protecting me from guys. Holding me while I cried. Helping me be the best version of myself. I was sure dealt a shitty hand. But man has my life changed.

I have a new family. I don't need my old one. I don't need anyone who doesn't need me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5K 30
Omega rejected alpha regret it desc.: (Excerpt from story) Those heart breaking words leave her mouth, making tears flow down my cheeks freely. "I A...
3.4M 87.5K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
583K 20.6K 41
Lexi was only seven when her mum died, leaving her alone with her father. It didn't take long for her dad to turn to drink, over the years he became...
3.6M 57.5K 46
{Completed} Katherine loved her new life, her new pack and most of all her boys! They welcomed her into their pack three years ago when she ran away...