John's Dark Secret - Complete...

By betheyes

Jeff Tracy has kept something from his family for years. He hesitates to tell them, afraid of losing them. Ho... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Final Chapter

Chapter one

387 2 0
By betheyes

Jeff Tracy stood in the command centre, staring out the window at the beautiful view of the islands paradise. His thoughts were everywhere, he felt nauseous, he had just had an intense argument with his middle child, whom currently occupied Thunderbird 5. The young man was persistent, but Jeff wouldn't allow it, so the argument happened. The only problem was that after the argument, an explosion occurred on the spacecraft and Thunderbird five's signal was permanently offline.

He tried his best, but he couldn't reach the spacecraft, the only thing blinking back at him was a dead spacecraft symbol of five's systems and the word 'destroyed' would blink up on screen. For once in his lifetime Jeff Tracy didn't know what to do. A sigh escaped his mouth before he sat down, his thoughts drifting back to the conversation.

30 minutes ago...

A call came in, about a mine which had collapsed in California, a bunch of school kids were trapped in the mine. It was a museum of mines when a small earthquake caused a cave in trapping many of the kids in a cave with a very unstable roof. The four boys had went out taking Thunderbird 1, 2 and 4 just incase as the mines are next to the ocean.

Jeff Tracy put Scott in command, as he knew Scott had been handling it, while he was in space for quite some years. Scott was still in charge though. When the rescue of Jeff Tracy happened, Thunderbird 5 was damaged and required a new build and with the help of the GDF and colonel Casey, Thunderbird 5 was replaced with its old design with an elevator built in the back, used for extreme emergencies but it was currently out of order until the proper codes were placed within it. However it didn't have the shielding the newer one had, since it was the older version while Brain's worked on fixing the new one in his warehouse within the island.

Jeff was brought out of his thoughts on Thunderbird 5 when his comm line was beeping he answered it. The conversation lasted mere minutes before Jeff hung up. He smiled to himself despite knowing that one day he would have to tell the others. But, unknown to Jeff a particular individual had listened in furiously silent on the conversation. He now knew whom his so called father was speaking to on late calls and secret calls in-between missions. He had something on his own Father, his name was John Tracy and he wasn't very happy.

Jeff was about to move to his standing point watching the view when his comm line beeped from Thunderbird 5.

"John is everything alright?" Jeff sat down with a sigh.

"Yes and No. The boys are en-route back to the island, everyone is safe and sound. The eta of one is 20 minutes and two is 30 minutes" Johns natural calm voice came over the comm, he hadn't even turned his camera on like he normally does.

"Okay, I will meet the boys in the command centre. So whats wrong?"

There was a few minutes of silence.

"Dad I have spent 437 days up here longer than we are meant to, I need supplies, you haven't sent any up for 200 days, I'm running out of daily requirements. But, I have a better suggestion, can I come home and spend a few days on the island, can you send three up for a supply run and pick me up please. Gordon's birthday is coming up and I want to be there for him instead of up here yet again". John's pleading voice broke will he spoke to his so called father.

"John you know the answer, you know the risks if you leave Thunderbird 5 unattended" Jeffs stern voice came over the comm.

"But I can en-route calls down to the island and EOS can handle many of them. I have done this far longer than you have. I will leave this spacecraft with or without your permission". John's stubborn voice followed. The argument became more intense.

Over the years the two's relationship had gone down the drain and the others were beginning to think it, was because John was becoming more successful than Jeff Tracy himself and he was becoming jealous of John. But, there was more to it than meets the eye, Jeff and John had a very unhealthy relationship.

"Fine, if thats how its going to be. Why can't I come home! Actually don't answer I know the truth, as your never honest and truthful anyway. Here's one question, When are you going to tell the others that Lucille Tracy is Alive??" John's calm, smooth with a hint of smugness and anger came over the comm.

Jeff stood in shock, he thought he had hid it well, he didn't have time to think, before anger took over his busy thoughts.

"Listen here, you little brat. I will tell the others when I am ready, none of you were meant to know... "

John interuppted "I've known for years Dad!"

"Listen closely, You are never coming home, you hear me never. Your mother and I think your a disgrace to this family. You will stay up there for eternity for all I care. I am the one in charge there will be no more snooping and you will not tell anyone about it. Otherwise it will be something you regret doing. It was none of your business. I wished I kicked you out years ago but if it weren't for your grandparents I would have done the exact thing. You are nothing to me, a useless piece of junk, a terrible son and brother. You have never been loved and You are not my son nor will you ever be. I wish for you too die...."

Present time...

John abruptly hung up on the comm. He had been expecting this for a long time, he can't believe he saved his dad with the help of his brothers only to recieve the same shit he had over the years as a child. The words struck deep but he knew what he was doing, he had made his decision.

His fingers moved symmetrically over the systems before him, EOS listened in before doing as she was told and En-routed herself down to the island. John Tracy had enough of the abuse that had lasted years. He wrote a quick a message to his older twin Virgil. Before, en-routing all communications and calls directly to the island, where his grandma is happy to help take over calls when John was too stressed.

However, Grandma Tracy wasn't expecting the whole system to be drafted down to the Tracy Island from Thunderbird 5 and EOS as well. Worry took over her frenzied thoughts. Looking down at the holographic map of the thunderbird crafts, she noticed one of the crafts was weaker than the other 4. Number 3 was the healthiest as it was still on Tracy Island.

She pulled it into a wider screen, a gasp escaped her. Thunderbird 5 was blinking red before its symbol was replaced with an offline dead red symbol. With a quick click of a button, Grandma's skilled hand flickered over the screen to a live satellite image, she went back a few minutes. She gasped watching the destruction of Thunderbird 5 as it exploded in on itself. But there was a missile stream in the space which destroyed the rest of Thunderbird 5.

She sat there for as long as she can remember watching the screen. She stood up, switching the screen to its original before clenching her fists to her sides. She wiped her eyes, her poor grandson, too young. She was about to move when the screen beeped, a message came through a few messages on the outside.

She quickly read it, with a smile to start of with it, until she read the bottom section or the letter. Her eyes burned red with anger. She had the letter tightly in her left hand as she clenched her fists, marching down the hallway.

She was heading for one place, and that was to speak to her son in the command centre. He had a lot of explaining to do.

Her face described to brains whom stepped out the way 'Move out of my way, I'm on a mission!'.

Thats chapter one - done. Be free to comment. I could use some ideas to add to the story. I will try to update as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 256 9
Five years ago, billionaire ex-astronaut Jeff Tracy relocated his family to Tracy Island. A large island somewhere in the south pacific. Together the...
5K 113 9
The year is 2065. The time? Spring break. What was supposed to be a fun time for students to just take sometime off was quickly turning into hell for...
24K 277 18
11 years ago Scott had a school friend called Carmia. 11 years ago he had a crush on her. 7 years ago Scott' mother died in an avalanche. 6 Years ago...
2.5K 26 20
A girl and her mother wash up on Tracy Island. In the deceased mother's belongings, they discover a USB device with photographs and a copy of a heavi...