Acrimony: Until Death

By Twisted_Truths

Growing up with an image of how love truly is, Melinda never expected to be taken for a whirlwind of the exac... More

Summary & Cast
Man Down
Dancing On My Own
In Love With Another Man
If Loving You is Wrong
Holding You Down
The Girl Is Mine
Magnets
It Wasn't Me
I Know You Got A Man
He Don't Know Nothing About It
One Hundred Miles
Way Gone
Planezzzz🛫
Broken Rollie
They Don't Know
Say So
I Don't Need Your Love
To The Moon
Somebody Else
Decide
You Comfort Me
When I'm In Your Arms
Live Out Your Love
How Much Can A Heart Take
Never Knew
Sanctuary
He Loves Me
Take Care Of You
Never Thought
Relax
Fortunate
I Do
Rope Burn
Keep Your Head Up
Ghost (of Jealousy)
Threatened
Mama's Hand

My Little Secret

348 36 26
By Twisted_Truths

*Yall gonna be big mad today. Vote and Comment lovelies*

"Tell me when things really started to become different between you and Robert." Ain't that what I've been telling these stories for? "Yes but I want you to dig into a significant time. Maybe a time when you felt like your life was probably in danger Robert." I....."Take your time. I know it might be difficult right now especially with what happened. Maybe the first time he really got in your face?" You want to know when he started physical abuse is that it? Fucking say that then. I've been feeling in danger. Been feeling trapped. Thinking someone would come save me from this man. Jo tried numerous times. I couldn't get her too involved though. But when I turned 28.......I seen so much from Robert that I just needed the break. It was June 3rd, 2013. Four Days Before my Birthday.

Melinda laughed at Jo as she blurted out an extensive Birthday idea. It's not like she didn't deserve it, but Mel just didn't want to deal with the fuss that she knew was bound to come. "Oh come on. I don't think I've ever seen you relaxed and we been friends for years. That's sad. We can get white girl wasted. Maybe feel on some different types of peen hmm hmm hmm?" Jo said, wiggling her eyebrows. "You must want me to die." "No I want you to live. We can even invite your sisters. He shouldn't care if you leave with them." "But what if he has a surprise for me?" Jo let out a loud obnoxious snort.

"Are you laughing?" Yeah I'm laughing. Jo kept trying to tell me to stop caring about Robert but I just couldn't let go. I mean even I knew Robert wouldn't have a surprise for me. "Then why did you use that as an excuse?" It became easier to hide my fears behind him. Everyone saw that I was so worn down running behind him. I was too tired to be fighting with Robert about doing things that I wanted. Something just for me, not including him. But that man........ he made sure he was included.

"Look I'm offering a chance for you to have actual fun on your birthday. Not look at a broke nigga almost burn down your house.... again for the what 6th year in a row?" "I know. Let's just play it be ear okay?" Jo rolled her eyes and went back to folding her clothes. "So is Dominic moving in? I see them boxers piling up." "Girl he might as well be. I don't remember the last time he went to his place." "Where is he now?" "At work. He on the night shift now so I get the bed all to myself until 7am. Girl it be feeling so damn good. He come and get in the shower then give me a little power dick before I gotta go. Shit bomb."

"Must be nice." "And this is also why I say you should let me take care of your birthday. You won't be disappointed when you wake up in the morning." "Wake up dead in the morning," Mel mumbled. She looked at the time before letting out a heavy breath. "I gotta get to work. I'll think about a party." "I'm going to confirm the hotel room!" Jo yelled. "Don't do it Jo!" Mel shouted as she walked out the house. She sat in her car for a while before starting it, really giving this birthday party some thought.

"You can't afford to miss any days off right now. No party. You gotta work," she told herself, beginning to believe she didn't deserve a day off. Maybe this was her karma for trying so hard. Now she had to work hard. Pulling up to the big office building, she washed her hands over her face. A tap on her window startled her. "Come on mamas. The sooner we start the quicker we go home," Christina said through the glass. Mel nodded and got out the car.

Walking in, she focused on unraveling her earphones while Christina unlocked the supply closet. "You got plans for your birthday mija?" "No. Probably the same as last year. Work then go home and enjoy a bottle of wine and maybe take a long bubble bath." "See I'd have my husband give me a spa day. Rub my body down from head to toe and when he get to my toes he came crawl up halfway and-" "Christina!" Mel spat in shock, laughing when she seen Christina's facial expressions. "I'm just saying. You deserve 1 day of full pampering then your kitty needs some massaging afterwards."

Shaking her head with a giggle, Mel went back to focusing on the tightest knot. If I hadn't been so fucking irritated with that damn cord I would've seen him. Maybe I would've been saved then. Maybe I would've left Robert and life would be so good for me. But destiny has a way of laughing at you while they give you the run around. "Who is the him you're referring to?" Derrick. "Melinda can you grab the paper towels on the top shelf?" Christina asked. "Yeah," Mel said, taking a quick break from the earphones.

Grabbing everything they needed, Mel pushed her cart out first, still fiddling with the earphones. "Why do we need the cord!? We have phones without cords. Can we get some earphones without them too?" "You'd think so but I guess someone hasn't figured it out yet." As the two talked and worked together to get them undone, the elevator dinged, footsteps heard coming down the hall. Neither ladies looked up, the earphones winning against them.

"I'm leaving now. I apologize for my tardiness. Yes baby. With flowers. I love you," a husky voice said. As the man passed he put his phone in his pocket, looking at his watch. "Good night ladies," Derrick said just before exiting the building. Melinda looked up, wondering who that was. "Did you see that man?" She asked Christina. "No. It was probably Mr. Montgomery. He been staying late lately. Heard his wife found out about his secretary."

It was Derrick. The scent of his cologne, I remember it."Let's work up to that okay? How did this lead up to Robert being physical with you?" I guess they threw an office party or something. Celebrating a milestone or whatever. I didn't get home til late. One in the morning late. Mel pulled up in her driveway, seeing the lights on yet again. With it being so late, you would think that he would've been sleep. Walking inside, she saw the the tv on with that battery on the coffee table. Pinching the bridge of her nose she walked upstairs.

She needed sleep about 5 hours and then she had to be up to get ready for work. The bed engulfed her as soon as she sat down. The sound of her alarm blaring at 6:00 on the dot startling her awake. Groaning as she turned it off, she slowly got up and went to the bathroom to do her hygeine. Not even 5 minutes after getting in the shower, Robert came in to take the most disrespectfully loud piss. "Hey babe!" He yelled out. "Mmhmm." "You want some company before work?" "I want some sleep." "Well let me send you to work happy."

Mel rolled her eyes, not even answering him. Seeing his shadow through the curtain she could tell he was getting undressed. His sexual appetite was abnormal in my opinion. He was always horny. Just ready to pounce on you when he wasn't thinking about that damn battery. He couldn't even take a hint that I wasn't in the mood. But at least he wasn't fucking another woman right? I'm still not sure he wasn't. Pulling the shower curtain back, Robert stepped in, interrupting Mel's relaxing time.

"When's the last time we showered together huh?" He asked, towering over her. "I don't know Robert. Look I gotta get to work. We have a lot going on. Raincheck?" "Baby 5 minutes. Just give me 5 minutes." When he said 5 minutes he meant 15. Thank God for the water because nothing about that man had me aroused that morning. Mel finally got to work, seeing everyone already hard at work. "Busy day today. I already want to go home." Jo spilled, walking up to her friend. "My desk isn't covered is it?" "Yup. One stack needs to be taken to the basement. The others need to be filed by the end of the day."

"Uggghhh.  I need coffee." "You look tired and a little flush." "I am exhausted. Last night took too long and Robert thought he was being cute trynna dry hump me." "Excuse me? No means no even in marriage. You know you can say your husband raped you right?" Jo dropped as if Mel would do it. "Shut up Jo. I've been a little moody too so might be my period coming." "Don't you usually start 2 days after me?" Melinda nodded as she looked through the files on her desk. "Mine ended last monday. You're late?"

I hadn't even noticed that I was late. I was a month and 2 weeks late to be exact. I had been working so much that it became one less thing to think about. "How did you feel?" I was thinking what if. What if I was really pregnant? If I was then Robert would be excited and that could change him right? I could barely focus on work throughout the day but somehow still got it done. When I clicked it off my first job, I went and bought a test. I told myself that I'd take it when I got home. So I fought to stay focused on work so I could get home quick enough.

"Damn Chica. You were moving fast as hell. What's the occasion?" "I want to get home. I have to do something and hopefully it'll be good news." "Well I'm going to say a prayer for you. Hopefully it turns out good." Melinda quickly put up her cart and grabbed her purse. I was so anxious to take the test. I grabbed 2 big bottles of water and guzzled them on the way home. When I got there I rushed to the bathroom. I don't even think that Robert heard me. Putting the test back in the wrapper and sitting it on the sink, Mel began washing her hands.

Going into the kitchen, she looked for something quick to eat. Seeing nothing appealing, she grabbed an apple and went back to the bathroom. Two minutes later she pulled the test out, her eyes shut tight. A tiny prayer leaving her lips just before she looked at it. Negative. She sat there staring at it, her heart crushed yet again. Not even the sound of Robert coming into the bathroom made her move. "Oh shit when did you get home?" He asked, his pants unzipped. "Like 5 minutes ago." She stood up, letting him pee as she threw the test in the trash.

"Why did you do that?" "Do what Robert?" "Take a pregnancy test. You know you can't get pregnant so why you tormenting yourself?" "I'm not 100 percent barren Robert. My chances are-" "Your chances are 10 percent if we're being realistic. That might as well be nothing. If you haven't gotten pregnant in the past 6 years then why the fuck you even putting that stress on yourself? You're causing your own depression. Doing dumb shit like that." "Did you tell him that you were late?" For what? He clearly didn't expect my to ever get pregnant so I just threw the box away and left it alone. But I also decided that it was time for me to live a little.

Getting up a little earlier, Mel headed to work to have a little time to talk to Jo. "What you doing here?" "I'm in." "In what?" "My birthday. We can go out. But let's stay in the city. But I'll invite my sisters and we can just go have fun." "What about Robert?" "He probably won't think twice about me being at work. And after last night he can kiss my ass." Jo turned to face Mel with questions. "What happened?" "I went home and took a test because I was actually a month late. It came back negative but he was just so rude for no reason. Like what's wrong with me having hope?"

"Absolutely nothing. You have hope then I have hope too. We're going to have fun for your birthday then after that I'll give you my doctor's number and maybe she can help you. I don't approve of you having a spawn with Triple B but if that's the sperm donor you want then okay." Mel felt her lip quiver as she hugged her best friend. She was feeling good about this. She was wishing for a break instead of just taking one. She was going to enjoy herself by any means necessary.

Taking her lunch, she went by June's house to see her handsome nephew. Mel was beginning to relax around her nephew and sisters. "Soooo what's the plan this year?" Brenda asked, sipping on some tea. "Jo is planning something. You guys are invited actually." "Jo is planning something? Not that man you call a husband?" Brenda tossed out. It was shit like that. Why did she have to bring up irrelevant shit and ruin my mood. I was actually feeling happy and she decided I wasn't allowed to.

"If you don't want to celebrate my birthday with mw just say that." "I'm just saying shouldn't he be planning something for you instead of you relaying on your best friend?" "Why can't you just be glad that I have intentions of dressing up and going out to relax and have fun. Isn't that what you've been wanting me to do?" June felt the need to step in. "We are happy and we will be there. It's been a while since we've had fun with our kid sister. Quick question though. Is it okay if I bring Casey? We haven't had a real night out since Emmett."

I didn't think anything bad could happen. It was Casey. He didn't even yell when he was mad.  He loves baseball and despises football because he says it's too rough and violent.  So I told her okay. Big mistake. "What made you want to go out?" Brenda asked. "I just want something different this year. That and I am also going to a new doctor to see if maybe there is something I can do and....I don't know maybe it's silly."

"What is it!? What are you trying to do!?" Both sister asked, excited that she might say what they were thinking. "Maybe I could have a baby in this life?" Silence circled them before June and Brenda started screaming with overjoy. "I would definitely want you to drum up a divorce first but you're putting your health first now and that makes me even more happy. Awww Mellie. I'm so glad to see you come out of this dark cloud," Brenda just had to add.

She was throwing a jab but at least she finally said she was happy for me.  My sisters, for once were happy with something I was doing. "You seem upset right now as you say that." Because apparently that didn't last long now did it? Shit is even more fucking depressing. What's the point of me reliving this bullshit? "In order to find the solution to your pain then we have to dig into different avenues of your life. Do you need a break?" No....I need this to be over.

The next 2 days flew by and Melinda couldn't contain her giddiness. June 7th was here. It was her birthday. She had gotten up early, put on a little extra makeup. She made a pot of coffee and went outside to see the sun rise. Who does that? Someone excited to experience the outside world for the first time in forever. "Why are you outside?" Robert asked, startling her. "Oh I was just getting some fresh air. Relaxing before work." "If you wanted to relax then you could've just asked. You got plenty of time for a morning quickie."

I think this was when I was beginning to dislike having sex with him but he was my husband. I can't go out and cheat. I was better than that. I also didn't need to see him cheating again either. So I would give in. Felt like miss Celie from the Color Purple. "See you when you get off work tonight.  We can go for round two," Robert said, smacking Mel on the ass before he headed to work on his battery. Buttoning her shirt back up, Mel fought to not slip back in her depressive cloud. It was her birthday.

So what Robert didn't acknowledge the day. She still had her sisters and her best friend ready to celebrate her day. A smile crept back onto her face as she grabbed her purse. Today was going to be a great fucking day. Getting to work 15 minutes early, she went inside on the search for Jo. It was strange that she didn't see....anyone in the office. Looking at her watch she was confused. There is usually an entire team here by now, people who came in to work at 5am sometimes. Still searching, she stepped in front of the break room and got the surprise of her life.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" All of her coworkers yelled. Tears filled Mel's eyes. Jo really pulled out the stops to make me feel special. I love that girl. Everyone began to sing happy birthday to her, Jo handing her a napkin to catch her tears. "Thank you guys so much. Oh my goodness," she laughed, fanning herself. "I told you I had your day planned. Blow out these candles please," Jo snapped. Making a wish, Mel felt herself asking for something so simple yet so hard. Happiness.

"I can't believe you did this for me." "Oh but there's more. You have gifts at my house. So be prepared for that when the clock strikes 5." Mel smiled as she took a bite of cake. "Happy Birthday Melinda. Do you have any plans for your day?" A fine dark skinned brother asked. That would be Leon. He was a higher up at the office. He would always make sure to say hi. I think he was the only one other than Jo who remembered my birthday. "A girls night out. Just going to be free tonight." "That could easily turn into a date type of night," Jo added, avoiding eye contact.

"I would hate to intrude on your plans. It's nice to know that you're going out and having fun. Everyone should live a little outside of work." Leon said, a slight twinkle in his eyes. "Well one of our stops will be at Club Truth if you want to swoop through. That's cool right Mel?" Jo tossed out. "If you want. I'm not going to tell you that you can't go to the club." Leon chuckled deeply, Mel felt a tingle down south from how deep his voice was. I knew what Jo was doing but I just wanted to have fun. I had no intentions of stepping out on my husband.

"Well if I see you, save me a dance," he placed a kiss on the back of her hand, she felt her breath get caught in her throat. When he walked out of the break room, Mel began fanning herself. "Oh my. God. He better be there tonight. You deserve some new dick. By default you are allowed one slip up." "Oh no.  No no no. Come on Jo. I'm branching out but I'm not trying to be seen as a cheater," Mel confessed. "Fine just let him taste the cootie cat." Mel gasped as she slapped Jo on ths arm.

"How would he know? Robert doesn't strike me as the one to eat cat. He seems too pussy to eat pussy," Mel's mouth fell open before she burst out laughing. "I cannot deal with you. Let's get to work so we can leave on time today." The day going by so smoothly, Mel almost forgot to send Robert a text saying she was working late due to taking over someone else's portion. "You tell bitch baby you're still at work?" "Mmhmm. Can I have my gift now?" "Impatient ass. How you gonna hound me?" "Just like that."

Jo shook her head and went in the closet pulling out a box. Giving Mel the gift, Jo looked at her sideways. "Did you just squeal?" I did. I did squeal. I was so excited to have a gift. Not something I paid for. And not something Robert paid for with my money. If was a gift that my best friend gave me to make the day even better and I was so excited for the first time ever. "Oh Jooooo. It's so pretty." Mel pulled out a black and white strapless dress that she knew was going to be exposing the very figure she fought so hard to hide.

"That box is bigger than that dress. You better keep looking through it. "Okay okay." Unable to contain her giggle she pulled out jewelery, then pulled back another layer of decorative paper and seen a pair of black open toe heels waiting patiently for her. "I kmow you haven't had a night out in a while so I didn't want it to end up with you breaking your ankle so I got you the chunky block heels. I need you standing on your own 2 feet until you get wasted at least."

Mel screamed as she hugged Jo. Tonight was going to be perrrrfect. "Okay I'm going to shower real quick! Thank you so much Jo." "Awwww baby you're welcome. You know I love you and refuse to let you walk out looking like a nun. Also you're letting your hair down. So hurry up so I can get started." I swear I was in a fairytale and I was basically Cinderella. It felt so good to be clean and anticipating a day outside of those walls of my home.

I was being dressed up out the rags that I was used to but I was also comfortable. "What do you mean?" Jo didn't try to push me into an outfit that had my titties damn near fully exposed. She didn't have me too flashy. Like she complimented my looks without compromising my limit. I was comfy. I was happy. Even when my sisters showed up, I was still happy. "I just know that's not my baby sister," Brenda voiced. "It is. Doesn't she look familiar?" Jo asked as she spun Melinda around.

"Absolutely beautiful. You look so much like mama it's scary," June voiced just above a whisper. "She really does," Brenda added. "Do you need a second? It's okay."  I'm okay. I'm fine. "Don't make me cry. Okay so what's the plan?" Mel asked Jo. "Yall hungry? I'm hungry. I ain't ate since lunch. Let's go get some food." "Jo!" "You gotta eat first Mel. You really trynna get white girl wasted huh." Mel bit her tongue, finding herself laughing at her own dumb ass. Who was getting drunk on an empty stomach?

I was so used to going damn near the entire day with only coffee and an apple on my stomach, then downing a bottle of wine. I had forgotten that it wasn't normal. Happy people don't do that. The group pulled up at El Vez, not a single drop of hell in the air. Things were going too well. Like we were having too much fun. It felt too good to be true. "Am I dreaming right now? Like is this real? I'm not at work? I'm actually enjoying my birthday?" Mel asked.

"Yes you are. I need you to really free up. Nothing is going to happen babe," Jo reassured her. "I know what will help," June said, waving down the waiter. "Hi what can I get for you?" "Can we get 4 blood margaritas and 4 shots of tequila to start off?" "Damn! Wait yeah and keep them coming," Jo agreed. "No make that 3 shots and 3 margaritas." Everyone looked at Brenda, confused about why she wasn't drinking. "What's wrong with you?" June asked. "You're pregnant aren't you?" Mel automatically asked.

"Just found out today. I haven't even told Kalvin yet." While Brenda ran off at the mouth, Jo told the waiter to still bring 4 of both. Mel was going to need it. After the second round, Mel began to relax. She was now focused on her food. "I thought Casey was coming?" "He is. He got off work late so he's going to meet us there." "See and you didn't want to invite Leon. Now Casey gonna be the only dude in the bunch," Jo tossed out, the liquor getting the best of her.

"He'll look like our body guard. It's cool," Mel quickly threw out. "Hold up who is Leon?" Brenda caught. "Leon is this fine ass man who has his eyes on miss Melinda." Jo answered. "MRS. Melinda." "Girl byyyyyyeeeee. We agreed that tonight you are not married." "When did I agree to that!?" "When you agreed to let me show you a bomb ass time on your 28th birthday," the 3rd round of booze reached the table. "With that being said shut up and drink up." By the time it was time to head to the club, Mel was twice as drunk as Jo and June.

"There's Casey," Brenda tossed out. "WHERE!?" June yelled louder than necessary. "Awwwwww look at my baby daddy! He so damn fine. Yall why he so fine?" "Shut uppppp. I don't wanna talk about your man. He here to give you bathroom dick if you wanted. I don't have a man who would do that," Mel said with a pout. "But you could if you let me call Leon," Jo sang out. "YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER!?" "Mmhmm Mmhmm." "Wait no. Don't do it." June face palmed as she listened to her sister. "No I just wanna dance. Let's dance."

The 3 used each other to walk straight, I putting on their best sober faces. "Yall are so gone. Why you not drunk too Bre?" Casey asked. "This heifer pregnant," Mel blurted. I didn't mean to say it like that. I was so drunk. "Did she say anything about it?" She had this stank ass face. She made sure I was good and didn't go home with anyone but she didn't really say much or anything honestly. As Jo and Mel danced in the middle of Club Truth, Mel suddenly felt a pair of hands touch her.

Spinning around too fast she almost fell. "Are you okay Mel?" Leon asked. "Oh shit what are you doing here!?" She squeaked. "I told you to save me a dance. It looks like you're enjoying yourself." "I look druuuuuuunk," she drunkenly staggered out. "You look absolutely breathtaking," he whispered directly into her ear. Feeling herself grow hot, she began to fan herself. "I need some water." She looked at Jo, signaling a drink, getting a nod back. Feeling her phone ring, Jo walked towards quieter corners to talk to her man.

"I can't believe you're here," Mel said. "Well this is the first time since meeting you that you've mentioned going out so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'm very glad that I didn't." Pushing her hair behind her ear, Mel felt herself blushing. But she didn't feel her phone ringing in her clutch. I don't know how I didn't feel it. I was way more drunk than I thought. If I had felt it, maybe things would've been different. Back at home, Robert paced as he glared at the time on the clock. 1:09a.m.

It was past midnight and she hadn't called. She hasn't text. She hadn't even acknowledged him whatsoever. He dialed Jo's number, getting no answer. He sat down and thought long and hard before calling June's number. Brenda would forever be a last resort. When he got no answer, he found himself ready to be destructive. Calling Brenda's number, the phone answered. "Hello?" Kalvin answered. "Hey man I don't mean to bother but have you seen Mel? She hasn't answered and I just thought she'd be with her sister."

Kalvin held his tongue before feeling like he was obligated to say where they were. "She is with her sisters. They are out celebrating her birthday." Robert silently cussed at himself. How could he forget? But at the same time how could she think that going out without him would fly? "Alright man. That's cool. Goodnight. Sorry to bother you." Without waiting for a response he hung up. Opening his computer, he pulled up an app he had installed a few months back. "Where are you Mellie?" He murmured a map popped up and zoomed into a location. "Bingo."

"So tell me what happened? Did something happen between you and Leon?" You would think with the way the night completely turned around. Music blared as Mel danced with Leon. The team free and wild was perfect to describe her. With nothing but shots fueling her energy, it became such a natural vibe when she decided to pop some ass on Leon. "Yasssss bitch!" Jo shouted out as she watched her best friend shake her ass to Travis Porter's Make It Rain.

Brenda walked over with her phone up to one ear and her finger on the other. "He didn't say anything else!? That was it!?" She yelled out, struggling to hear clearly in the club. Getting Jo and Dom's attention, she explained what Kalvin told her. "FUCK ROBERT GAY ASS GAYLE! THE FUCK IS HE GONNA DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Jo loudly drug out. "I think we should go. The club is going to close in an hour anyways. Let's just get her home!" "Do you not see your sister finally having fun for the first time in years?"

Brenda looked at Mel smiling, laughing. She was drunk off her ass but she was happy even if it was momentary. "Let's ride out until they turn the lights on. Let her have this." Brenda nodded then looked to the side at June practically becoming a spider monkey just to give Casey a kiss. "No more booze though! Yall need water. I'll be back!" Brenda yelled out for Jo to hear. Waving her off, Jo went back to dancing on Dom. The 3 drunkees living their best life without noticing something eerie.

Have you ever felt eyes on you but couldn't find where the feeling was coming from? "........No." Well lucky fucking you. Congrats on not ever having a stalker. Melinda stood still as she looked around. Yeah Leon had his eye on her but she felt like someone else was too. "Where did my sister go?" She asked, feeling a cool breeze hit her face. "She's at the bar," Leon whispered. "I'll be right back okay?" She told him, going to meet Brenda. A paranoid feeling came over her as she scanned the room.

Why was she so worried? Getting closer, someone walked past her very quickly. Doing a double take, Mel swore she saw Robert glaring at her in the club. Blinking a few time she looked around again and didn't see him. "I really need to sober up," she mumbled to herself. Continuing her move to the bar, she then paused. The eyes were closer. I could smell that cheap ass cologne. I could smell him him but I didn't see him. Doing a quick spin, she made herself dizzy.

Standing still, she closed her eyes until she regained stability. When she opened them, there he stood right in front of her. Not a word left his lips, but she could tell he was pissed. "Rob-" "Shut the fuck up," he growled deeply. She froze in place. I was begging that someone would see me. I was hoping that someone would see him. I couldn't scream. I couldn't....I just stood there while he whispered in my ear. "What did he say?" "So since I'm not allowed to celebrate my wife's birthday, I'll give you your gift today. Walk your stupid ass out to the fucking car before I drag you out there."

"Had he ever threatened you like that before?" He had threatened me but not like this. He never actually did anything. I didn't know what to expect. He had publicly yelled at me and argued with me but he never laid a hand on me so it's not like I thought he would then. "Brenda has my things." "Get it the fuck later. Let's go!" He spat, yanking her with him. Avoiding the bar area, Robert pulled her through the crowd towards the door until June spotted Mel. "Where is she.......is that Robert?" June asked, pointing so everyone could look.

"Oh no! Melinda!! Mel!" Jo yelled as she and the group rushed towards the exit. Brenda looked towards the commotion, confused why everyone was heading towards the door. Leaving the water, she walked in the same direction until they were outside. "Let go of her!" "Yo what the fuck you doing!? What's the point of you showing up and ruining her day?" Mel winced from the tight grip on her wrist. "Robert you're hurting me," she whined. "Shut the fuck up! Ain't nobody hurting you. You know who fucking hurt!? Me! Can't include your husband for shit but you grinding on a nigga!?"

"Ayye you wanna be a big man come see a big man nigga. They don't call me big Dom for nothing. Come face me! Trynna take yo anger out of a woman. We don't play that homie." "Let her go Robert. You don't want these problems," Casey added, rolling up his sleeves. Unknowing to Mel, Casey had been ready to whoop Robert's ass. Ever since the baby shower. "Baby stop!" Mel tried to calm Robert down, not wanting to see a fight. "Fuck you! Get the fuck in the goddamn car!" He snapped back.

She jumped with fear, not sure what she should do. "Mel don't get in that car," Dom voiced. "Who the fuck are you to tell my wife what to do!?" "The same one who gonna toss yo small man syndrome ass across this parking lot bitch." One simple word and fists were flying. Robert got 1 lucky shot with Dom and Casey decided that he was going to take the reigns. I never seen someone drop to the ground so fast in my life. "Did you just watch?" What else was I supposed to do? Fight them back? They were all pissed and I was scared.

"Why were you scared when they were fighting for your safety?" Because no matter what I had to go home. That was my home. He was still my husband. So when I came to, I told them to stop. Women screaming with every punch thrown, Casey wasn't giving Robert a chance to hit back. "You wanna bully women!? Huh!? You like being the big man!? Fucking pussy ass bitch!" Mel rushed over, getting pulled back by Brenda. "Mel stop! He deserves this!" "Get off me!! Get off him!! Stop! Stop! STOP!!!" she screamed.

Getting 1 more hit in, Casey stood up. "Robert? Baby get up. Let's go home," Mel voiced as she helped Robert stand up. His lip swollen and bloody. His face bruised. He held his rib as he limped in pain. "Mel what are you doing?" Jo asked. "I'm going home." "Mel....." Jo called out.  What could she do? If Mel was willingly leave, she couldn't force her to stay. Never did Jo think things were this bad in their marriage. She was worried about me. My phone was in my clutch that Brenda had so Jo couldn't reach me when I got home. I should've taken my clutch.

Aside from the sound of Robert groaning. Nothing was said between the couple. She helped him inside and he sat down on the couch. "I'll get a towel and the first aid kit," Mel voiced before turning to head to the bathroom. "Don't worry about it," Robert said. He sat up straight and looked at Mel. The steam could be seen shooting from his ears. "At least let me get antibiotics." "For what? What you wanna stitch me up for? You clearly don't want me around. You don't talk to me. You don't include me. You sneaking out and shit. Then you let your fucking brother in laws jump me."

"Robert I didn't think you had anything planned. I just wanted to relax a little bit." "Oh you wanted to relax? So I don't get to relax? I'm working day and night on this battery to give us a better life and you need to relax!? How about you come help me relax huh. Come here." He stood up with ease, making her scared for her life. It was almost like he was faking his injuries.  Like he didn't get in a fight. "Baby just lay down. We can talk about this in the morning." "COME HERE!" Just talking to me like a damn dog. All because I was having fun for once.

"You running around here fucking on other niggas now!?" "No! I would never-" "Oh so you just couldn't control where you was throwing your ass!? You think I'm stupid!?" "No!" "Guess I should leave then. I'm not what you want. You don't want a fucking husband no more. You want to be alone for the rest of your life. Out here lying to these niggas. Trynna convince yourself you're a catch." "You don't have to talk to me like that," Mel said in a small voice. "What you just say?" Why did I repeat it?

"You don't have to talk to me like that. I'm your wife not your pet." Robert eyed her up and down, breathing heavy. He turned as if he were going to walk away only to back hand Mel across the face, making her fall into the book shelf. "You're my fucking wife not a damn escort. Fucking act like it! Got me out here looking fucking stupid!" He barked at her before walking off to his work space. Mel's silent cry became verbal as she whimpered against the shelf. Wanting to send a text she scanned the room through blurry eyes. She banged her head when she realized she had left her phone.

Pulling her knees to her chest, she let out a hard cry, not know how she should feel at this point. He really walked away like it didn't matter what he did. Like it was normal. I was ready to end it. I was ready to just roll over and die. Wiping her tears, Mel made a decision. She grabbed the books that fell, off the floor. Putting them back on the shelf in their rightful place, something fell out of one in particular. One that was a favorite of Beverly's. Finishing up the books, she grabbed the paper then went upstairs to the bedroom in search for the music box her father had gifted her when she was 10.

Grabbing the small stage bin off the shelf in the closet, she took out the box and admired it. Her father made it for her with his bare hands when she begged and cried for one 3 days in a row. He was smart certain she'd pass out from being dehydrated so he figured he'd make her something that only she would have. Make her feel special about having something one of a kind. Wiping her resurfacing tear, she opened it up. That bastard! I had been saving money and had about 1500 in it. He stole my money. I had nothing left. I couldn't leave without any money. I felt hopeless.

"Did you confront him about it?" To get beat? He had just hit me so hard that my face was still red and hot by the time I woke up. Why would I mention my hidden money? Mel dropped to the ground. She wanted to scream. Her tiny lifeline was gone before she had a chance to use it. Looking at the paper in her hand, she unfolded it. It was something my mother had written. I don't know when but she wrote it for me. I dont know how I hadn't found it a while back.

"What did that letter mean to you?" It gave me an out in a way. Reminded me of something that I used to love. Something that I was truly good at. "What was that?" Writing poems and short writings. I used to do it so much but I kind of fell off when I got to middle school. "Why?" That's when my daddy got shot and killed. After that high school basically whooped my ass and I was too defeated. I guess that's when my mother wrote this.

My Mellie

Mellie Bell did you know
Everything that you are was written up in the stars
Your crown shines brighter than the sun could show
Your golden brown skin is sweeter than honey
Baby girl don't forget to let it glow

Mellie Bell can you see
Just how proud we are of you my love
With the gifts you have birthed from your father and me
Baby girl you should know
A pen in hand puts your stress at ease

Mellie Bell with your voice
You could move mountains and part seas
Your words expressed make me rejoice
With walls of obstacles boxing you in
The strength of your soul gives you a single choice

Mellie Bell don't you cry
There's a fire burning within, no room for clouds
No one can put it out no matter how hard they try
Your angel protects you with wings works wide
Raise your head and suit for the climb
The Goddess in you is ready to fly high

Mellie Bell I love you
Daddy's spirit is your blanket of security
You're his shining light and his dream come true
Your style, grace, beauty, your brilliant ingenuity
Burns the hands of those who dare try and ground you

Mellie Bell my Mellie Bell
Let your song be sung louder than the screams of despair
Let your words pierce the souls trapped in the depths of hell
Let your smile light up every room and illuminate the darkness
Let your love and happiness carry you through life
I promise Mellie Bell, you'll never fail

TBC
YALL GOTTA TRUST THIS PROCESS
IT'S SOME BULLSHIT BUT JUST KEEP FOLLOWING US ON THIS JOURNEY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 3.6K 21
Jocelyn thrust her head backward and groaned in frustration. Aroused as she was, all her nerve endings had become very sensitive. She closed her eyes...
1.6K 103 14
Taraji has been working for a spy Company for Over 13 years but due to her bad Attendance and bad skills she get's fired. She struggled to keep a roo...
77.1K 3K 62
Here we are on Part 3 of this rollercoaster that is the story of TnT. Picking up with broken hearts, new beginnings and new lives brought into the...
55.7K 1.6K 63
In a world full of darkness love has no place nor no strength of survival. A Girl with a dark past and A ruthless mafia boss; two worlds come crashin...