Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (1/3)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Phobia Factor (2/2)✅

872 24 0
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

Heather still has control over Courtney.

DJ faced his fear.

And boys had a conversation about Alexandra.

Things get heated so stay tuned.

-Just talk to him, brah, and ask him to go away! Okay then, we've got two minutes before Gwen's done. Cody, you're up.- Chris moves forward with challenges.

I turn to see what he meant in his first sentence. I gasp, seeing Trent running away from mime in panic.

-Trent?!- I want to run after him, but someone catches my hand.

-No, you're not helping him with that.- Duncan says sternly.

-But what about Gwen, someone has to...

-Nope, you can talk with her after the challenge.- Duncan doesn't let go of my hand.

-Chris went to set Cody's challenge, but Gwen is still buried on the beach.- I protest.

-Duncan, you're next!- Chris yells through his megaphone approaching us.

His grip on my hand tightens. I take a deep breath.

-I'm staying with you. Gwen can wait.-Duncan looks at me, thankfully.

We walk in silence behind Chris. Duncan is holding my hand all the time. I caress his palm with my thumb. I can feel his stress, which is increased when we reach our cabin. In front of it is placed Celine Dion standee.

-She's pretty. She's nice.- Courtney says in a calm voice.

Confessional

Alexandra: She scolded DJ without any hesitation, and now she acts innocent. I don't care what is between her and Duncan. It's not fair to treat everyone like losers and then fawn on our delinquents. Am I right, or am I right?

-Just one hug and, you're done. - Chris says.

-T-That looks really... Real, man.- Duncan stutters.

-Dude, she's made of cardboard! Get in the game!- Tyler tries to encourage the boy.

-Hey. It's okay if you can't do it.- Courtney pushes me out of the way and grabs Duncan's hand.

-All right, I'll try.- He looks over at me, and I just nod.

-You can do this!- Courtney says sweetly.

-Okay! Okay!- Duncan faces the standee.

He closes his eyes and rushes up to the cardboard figure. He embraces it for a while, gaining our team a point. I cheer with everyone. I want to come closer to Duncan, but...

-Woohoo! Duncan! You're awesome!- Courtney pushes me out of the way.

I lose my balance and land on my butt with a thud. She jumps into Duncan's arms as nothing happened.

-Ha! I did it!- Duncan cheers.

DJ helps me up, sending Courtney a cold stare. I dust myself off, glaring at the girl.

-I'm going to check on Gwen.- I state, leaving.

-I'll go with you.- Geoff joins me.

-Since when you're friends with Gwen?

-You like her, so she must be cool. Besides, I know it's not the only reason you left. I want to check on you.

-Thanks, Geoff. The thing is one day, I'll run out of patience. I've tried my best to be friendly, but you see how she treats me.

-Hey, it's not your fault. You're a sweetheart.- He takes my palm and kisses it gingerly.

-Does it have anything to do with the conversation you had with DJ and Duncan?

-What are you talking about? We're dudes, it's normal, we talk.- He looks away.

I step in front of him and put my palms flat on his chest. It forces him to look at me.

-I saw you three joining us at the campfire, and it didn't look like you had a casual dialogue. I may have talked with Trent, but I have attention divisibility. Courtney never was the kindest person around, but she's treating me like dirt today.

-I don't know what you're talking about. We didn't talk about anything.- He avoids my gaze and adjusts his hat.

-I know you're not telling the truth, but I'll find out sooner or later. I just want you to know it's a dangerous game when emotions are involved. I want all of you to think twice before you come up with one of those infamous boy's ideas.

-I... hey what ideas?!- He turns to me.

-You know what, I'm talking about. Don't play the innocent card.

We reach the beach, Gwen is still buried and, Trent is nowhere to be seen. Geoff grabs a shovel, seeing the timer went off a while ago.

-Gwen, can you hear me? Are you alright?

-Oh my God, Alexandra, get me out of here, please.- She cries.

-Hold on a little bit longer!

Geoff is digging next to me, trying to get Gwen out of trouble. We are interrupted by a rumbling sound.

-The hell?- I look around.

-AHHHH!!!

-Geoff!

A dark cloud is following him. Hay is falling from it, hitting him. He runs away screaming. I don't know how to help him. I call out to him, but he doesn't hear me.

- Look! That cloud is following him! Aww, it's like his own baby cloud! I want one too! Here, a cloudy cloud!- Lindsay says.

-Can you make the cloud go lower and pelt him harder?- Trent asks.

He joined Chris in soaked clothes.

-You are one sick dude. But yeah.- Chris laughs.

Hay starts to rain harder, making Geoff scream louder.

-Hey, stop it!- I try to snatch a cloud controller from the host's hands.

-No way, it's too good.- He holds my shoulder, the controller is out of my reach.

- Aw, that's awesome. Hey, do you ever feel like you've forgotten something?- Trent says.

-For real, Trent?! Let me go, Chris.- I jerk my arm from his grip.

If I can't help Geoff, I'll save Gwen. I come back to digging.

-Sometimes. I usually ignore it, and the feeling goes away. [laughs] Watch this. I'm gonna bury him in hail!- Chris answers Trent's question.

-Bury! Aw, crap! Gwen!- He pales the moment he remembers.

-No need. I've already taken care of that.- I say coldly.

I managed to reach the glass box, and now I'm helping Gwen step out of it. She's trembling with fear, clutching the walkie-talkie.

-Gwen, I'm sorry.- Trent apologizes.

-Stuff it!- She throws the device at him.

She buries her head in my shoulder and, I hug her tightly.

-You messed up.- I inform Trent, shushing his further apologies.

The silence is broken by a loud explosion.

-What was that?- Trent asks.

-If I had to guess, I'd say Cody just blew himself up.- Chris says.

-He did what?!- I panic.

-We made for him a real trash bomb.- Chris chuckles.

-You're impossible, Chris McLean.

-I'll take it as a compliment.- He smiles brightly.

Cut to the amphitheater

-All right gang. We're in the ninth inning. Tyler, for your challenge, you need to get into this pen for three minutes with these chickens.- Chris announces.

We gather around the pen. Bridgette joined us after she failed her challenge. She was scared of a 'monster' which turned out to be Cody. Poor guy was covered in the trash after the bomb explosion.

-You can do it, Tyler!- Bri cheers.

-Yeah. Unless, of course, you're chicken.- Duncan smirks.

-Yes, Tyler. Go on, you can do this.- I join.

-I'm not sure we're getting anywhere on this one.- Chris states.

-Tyler, this is the last challenge! Quit being such a girl! You have to do this or, we 're going to lose!- Courtney snaps.

-, if you do the math, you can't possibly win. The score is seven to three.- Cody informs.

-Not necessarily. We've got two more challenges set up.- Chris smiles deviously.

- It can't be me. But I didn't...- Courtney protests.

-You didn't have to. We're always watching you and your reactions!- Chris explains.

-I knew it! Didn't I tell you guys they were eavesdropping?- Lindsay says.

-Oh, who cares? It's not going to make a difference.- Courtney scoffs.

-She's right even our points won't change the score.- I look down.

-Let's make this interesting, then. I'll give you triple points if you can complete it.- Chris looks at me and Courtney.

-Can we trust you with that?- I question.

-You have my word.- He raises his hands in surrender.

-Alright, I'll do it. I'm sure Courtney will too.- I say.

-You better do it, everything depends on us now.- She demands.

Firstly, we go to check out Courtney's challenge. Chef is mixing green jelly in a swimming pool.

-You're afraid of jelly?- Duncan laughs.

-Shut up! Only the green kind! It's like sugary, jiggly snot!- She cringes.

-You can face your fear and dive straight into this pool of jelly, or let your team lose yet another challenge.- Chris explains.- Now, when we have that sorted, Alexandra, come with me. Your challenge will be more time-consuming.

I gulp and grab Courtney's arm.

-You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now, we have to do this together.

I leave her to this, hoping she can face her fear. I stumble behind Chris. Bridgette, DJ, Geoff, and Tyler go with me. I'm not talking to anyone, preparing myself mentally for what is about to happen.

-Here we are! Welcome to your backstage! Looks similar?!- Chris laughs.- Inside you'll find a costume I picked up for you then walk onto the stage. Your task is to complete the prepared piece on piano with a little twist. We'll be watching and judging, all eyes on you, Star! 

I feel blood dripping cold in my veins. I can only imagine what he prepared, millions of thoughts filling my head. I reckon he must have found out the truth about my exams and what happened, but I don't dare to ask.

-Can someone go with her? How will we know if she doesn't need help?- Geoff asks, placing his hand on my shoulder.

-No, you can't. We'll wait on the seats with Gophers. You're in for a show, man.- Chris states.

-It's fine, I'll go.- I stutter.

-Oh, right take this. If you change your mind and chicken out, call for help.- Chris hands me a walkie-talkie.

-You can do this, Star. We'll be waiting for you. If you need help don't hesitate to ask, alright?- Geoff looks at me.

I nod and give him my bag, not wanting to lose it or destroy it. I hug my teammates get one last confidence boost, and head to the dressing room. Geoff places palms on my shoulders. He leans in, and when he's inches from my face, he stops to whisper.

-For me, you'll always be a winner.- He breathes and joins the others.

I enter the room, and Chris closes the door behind me. It looks exactly like the room in the music academy. In the middle of the room is a dummy with the same dress I wore for my final exam. Dark blue with matching heels and gloves. 

-Brings back memories.- I laugh nervously.

I change into the dress and put my hair into an elegant bun. I add stronger makeup and finish it with red lipstick, just like I used to at the academy. I take a few breaths and walk out to face my challenge. 

Meanwhile with others

-Poor, Alexandra.- DJ shivers.

-I hope she's braver than she looks. Whatever Chris prepared must have a deeper sense.- Tyler says.

-Doesn't matter that much if Courtney can't jump into that pool. I just hope she'll be safe and sound.- Bri admits.

They all take sit next to Gophers. 

-What is it about?- Trent asks.

-It's Alexandra's challenge.- DJ cries out.

-What did the crazy host of ours prepare?- Leshawna asks.

-No idea.- Geoff worries.

-You really like her don't you.- Gwen asks.

-More than you imagine.- He whispers, looking at the stage.

With Alexandra

On the stage, I spot a black piano. The seats are filled with campers who encourage me with claps. Chef turns the lights on and I sit at the piano ready to play.

Confessional

Geoff: She looks...

Duncan: Incredible!

-Ok, ok calm down. It's nothing. Breath. Alexandra, you've got this.

I scan the notes. My fingers are trembling, but start to play, but then...

-Look whose back! My favorite, loser!- I freeze, recognizing the voice.

My biggest bully, Amanda walks onto the stage with her group. Her long hair was carried by the wind. She looks perfect in her expensive clothes. Some campers even whistle and blush at her sight. She always looked better and sang better. She made me live up to the name she gave me.

-Loser!- Her group chants. One guy pushes me from my sit to the ground and starts to play the tune from notes flawlessly.

Bridgette holds Geoff on his seat with force. Amanda moves her hips to the tune. I breathe heavily and don't dare to move. Tears are already blurring my vision.

-Leave.-I stutter.

-Let me say it out loud! Listen everyone I have juicy gossip. It's the end of the princess, say goodbye to the title- She shoves me-I play fifteen times more and I'm shorter in the academy. You were famous, everyone knew your music. Today you are famous for failures and addictions. Even your father preferred work to listen to his daughter. 

One of the guys pulls the line in the corner of the stage and a bucket of water pours at me from above. Everyone is looking at me, I hear laughing and comments.

I run away from the stage to the costume room.

With the rest

-Then there you have it. The Gophers win invincibility this week. Again.- Chris states.- What a shame Alexandra freaked out right.- He chuckles.

Gophers sit silently. The rest of the Bass enter the arena.

-It was too easy.- Amanda chuckles.

-What about Courtney?- Tyler asks.

-She freaked out.- Sadie says.

-Why, Courtney?- Bri whines.

-I just couldn't. I'm sorry.- She answers.

-Where's Alexandra? What about her challenge?- Duncan asks.

-She was humiliated.- DJ gulps.

Chris only laughs.

-Hey, do you think it's funny?-Leshawan points at Chris.

-Slightly.- The host chuckles.

-You're so dead, McLean.- Duncan balls his fists.- You all are.- He turns to Amanda.

-Not so fast! Today I'll show you! Today, I'll end up being a loser!

Alexandra runs onto the stage with electric guitar. She has a black top and a short skirt. She starts to play to the notes prepared for the piano. Her long locks are wet and stick to her skin, red lipstick is replaced by her iconic blue. 

-I go on stage with blonde hair, a short top, something you can't pull off. Maybe you have your fans but I have my fame. After all, in our academy, my picture is on the wall, while you are not. I'm like dynamite, my exes keep singing about the things between us. Don't teach me about love, because without your boys you have nothing to sing about. I'm on the walk of fame you're on the walk of shame. Leave it baby I always played better, you're just jealous as hell.

Alexandra takes a water gun from behind her and fires at Amanda ruining her makeup and dress.

-How does it feel to be humiliated like this, loser?- I ask.- Is it nice? Eat your poison, bitch!

-I'll destroy you.- Amanda rushes to me but trips over her long dress and falls from the stage.

-Congratulations, Alexandra. You faced your fear. It was good enough to give you points. Too bad Courtney gave up so, you lose anyway.- Chris states.

Geoff runs onto the stage and picks me up with joy. Leshawna cheers with Gwen, laughing at Amanda. Duncan nods approvingly.

Confessional

Courtney: I'm so embarrassed. How could I be so weak? I deserve to go home! Ugh! Okay, stop it! You're pathetic! Show some confidence, Courtney! Heather said Tyler know about the diary. I don't know if it's true, but I have to eliminate him. That way, I'll be free from Heather for good. No one will believe her even if she's honest for once.

Alexandra: I did it for myself and I'm so proud. I finally stood up for myself.

Leshawna: Alex is a game-changer. She's the girl that redefined my definition of badass. Her challenge was the most brutal, but she survived.

Gwen: Ok, Alexandra is the sweetest badass, you'll ever meet.

Geoff: Dudes, poor Alexandra. It feels bad to see her without that bright smile and twinkle in their eye. I wish I had stopped this, so she didn't have to hear that, but I'm also so proud she fought back. I respect her even more.

Geoff places me back on the stage.

-I'll get you something to drink.

-Noo!- I grab his hand.- Don't leave me, please.- I beg.- On the inside, I'm still kinda scared.

-Oh, Alexandra. I would never leave you.- He caresses my cheek.

I raise my hands, waiting for a hug. He understands my gesture, and the next moment, I'm in his embrace. He rubs my back slowly.

-Alexandra, how are you feeling?- Gwen steps onto the stage.

-Gwen?- I turn to look at her but stay in Geoff's arms.

-Trent will be here in a second. He went with Leshawna to the kitchen to get you tea and something to eat.- Gwen informs.

-Thank you.- I whisper.

-Are you kidding, don't thank us. You would do the same.- She smiles.

-Alex, are you alright? I was so worried.- DJ joins us.

-It was so scary.- I confess.

-I know, but it's over. 

-Alexandra. Hi, here we got you something.- As promised, Trent and Leshawna walk with a cupcake and a cup of tea.

I take it gladly, giving them a faint smile.

-If only I had a chance to make that stupid host pay, he's not getting away.- Leshwana says.

-He went too far with that.-Trent agrees.

-I hate him so much.- Gwen adds.

Soon, my anxiety subsides, thanks to my friends. I'm just wondering where Duncan and Bridgette are. I haven't seen them this whole time.

Confessional

Courtney: I managed to get Duncan, Sadie, Harold, and Bridgette to vote for Tyler. No matter how the rest vote it's five to four. Bye, bye Tyler.

Cut to the elimination

I'm standing next to DJ, waiting for the final decision. It's between Courtney, Bridgette, and Tyler.

-There are only two marshmallows left on this plate. The three of you did not complete your challenges today. One of you is going home tonight and cannot return. Ever. The next name I'm gonna call... Is... Bridgette. The final marshmallow of the night goes to... Courtney. - Chris announces.

-You'll get that chicken next time, dude.- Duncan jokes.

-Looks like a new pecking order has been established here.- Chris says.

-It's not like who could cry... Fowl.- Duncan continues.

It-Time for Tyler too... Fly the coop.- Geoff chuckles.

-He won't be flying high tonight.- Bridgette chimes in.

-Okay, that's enough.- I end their comments.

-I'll walk you to the boat.- I offer.

-Thanks, Alexandra.-Tyler smiles sadly.

We leave the campfire together.

-Hey, I just want you to know that, there's no shame in being scared.- I speak up.

-I guess I deserved it. We lost because of that.

-You're not the only one who didn't manage.- I try to cheer him up.

-But I'm the one to leave.

-I don't know if that matters, but I think you did just fine. And I think you got Lindsay's heart.

-You think so?- He perks up.

-Of course, haven't you noticed how happy she is around you? She was delighted when you took her for a walk during the dodgeball match. She likes you, Tyler. In her own silly yet sweet way.

-Then I guess it was worth coming here. Thank you, Alexandra.

-Anytime.- I smile.

-You're a good friend. I was lucky to have a teammate like you.

-I was lucky to have you as a teammate too.

-Good luck, I think you can win this.- He says.

-I'll try. Take care, Tyler.

He boards the boat and leaves. I turn back and walk in the camp direction.

Confessional

Lindsay: Aww, I'll never forget our time together Taylor– uh, Tyler! [blows kiss] Bye!

Preview

Gwen reveals her secret to Alexandra.

Heather eavesdropped on Alexandra.

Our campers are going kayaking.

Did Courtney break free from Heather's grasp?

Who'll win the next challenge?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Inspired by Szparagi Britney vs Adele

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.5K 27
Twenty-three competitors. One winner. New relationships. Crazy Friendships. Crazier Enemies. (Duncan X Female!OC)
97.6K 1.4K 22
From a dingy old camp, to movie stars? What possibly could eight-teen teenagers do next? Oh that's right, take over the world! Sea to shining sea. Th...
1K 33 8
♡ an alejandro x female reader fanfic ♡ in which you join the new season of total drama in hopes of winning the cash price which could finally allow...
34.3K 958 14
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 Y/N was accepted to the new season of Total Drama World Tour. A chance to win 1 million dollars. But as she stepped on the plane she...