backlogged dreams & day old t...

By jaylorloveletters

taylor has been best friends with joe since they were school children, teasing each other on the playground... More

I - cats cradle
II - secret valentine
III - double presents
IV - hey dorothea
V - i hope you like cats
VI - aurora and sad prose
VIII - stars stole the night away
IX - this love lasts so long
X - bridges burn
XI - all the girls
XII - fighting with a true love
XIII(a) - your kiss, my cheek
XIII(b) - i watched you leave
XIV - the lucky ones
XVI - two for the show
XVII - baby just say yes
XVIII - careless man's careful daughter
XIX - london boy
XX - even if it makes me blue
XXI - safe and sound
XXII - camden market in the afternoon
XXIII - willow
XXIV - august head
XXV - the archer
XXVI - eleanor
XXVII - sacred new beginnings
epilogue
that's my man (bonus part)

VII - calamitous love

1.2K 52 91
By jaylorloveletters

The duo sat unto the stars and cuddled up together, stealing glances when they thought the other wasn't looking then blushing.

Joe looked at Taylor and placed a soft kiss onto her temple, while Taylor buried her face into his neck.

Taylor was going to confess but she was so afraid of what might happen, so she just sat silently and played with her hands. Joe grabbed her hand to stop her fidgeting and smiled at her. Taylor was instantly comforted by his calming aura but she felt her eyelids drooping. They soon weighed themselves down and she fell asleep snuggled into Joe. He heard her soft snores and removed his arms away from her, releasing them from her grip. He made sure the blanket was still wrapped around her and carried her back into their cabin. He gently placed her onto her bed and pressed another kiss onto her forehead. He climbed into his own bed and both of them fell asleep, dreaming of each other.

The following morning they decided to go on a hike in Scafell Pike after breakfast. Taylor grabbed Joe's hand and intertwined their fingers as they walked down the trail, gazing at the view.

"What do you imagine your future to be like?" Joe asked randomly.

"Um... I want to find a man who loves me and then get married and have ten kids and teach them how to dream..." Taylor mused. "Also, I want to be proposed to here and I will get an opal ring instead of a diamond one because they're just so pretty," she gushed.

Joe looked at her admiringly and chuckled at her small fantasy. "Ten kids is quite a lot," he said.

"I don't care Joseph." she said dramatically.

Along the trail, Joe took out his phone and snapped multiple pictures of Taylor. An older couple saw the pair struggling to take a selfie and offered to help them take one.

"What a lovely couple," the lady commented.

"Oh- we're not a couple", Joe said, but they had already walked away.

By the time they finished the trail, it was already 2:30. pm. They decided to get a late lunch and walked to a small cafe. They sat down to order and when the food came, Taylor eyed Joe's dish hungrily.

"I gotta get whatever you get at restaurants from now on, it looks delicious."

Joe smirked at her and twirled his pasta around his fork.

"Open wide," he said and shoved the fork into her mouth.

She chewed and swallowed thoughtfully then winked at Joe.

"I like mine better," she giggled.

"You know, we should make this trip an annual thing. Like every year in September we come to the lakes together." Joe said.

"Oh yes! From the 13th to 18th every year!" Taylor's eyes sparkled.

———————

After their lunch, they decided to go into the hot tub back in their cabin.

Taylor rummaged through her luggage and sighed loudly.

"No, No, NO please don't tell me this is happening."

"What's going on Taylor?" Joe asked worriedly.

"I forgot to bring a swimsuit," she sighed.

She made up her mind in a few seconds and put on a t- shirt and shorts instead.

They climbed into the hot tub together, each holding a glass of wine in their hand. Taylor slowly made her way towards Joe. She sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

A while later, they were drunk and telling each other anecdotes from their years in high school and college.

"I once had a party in my dorm when I had an exam the next day and didn't study," Joe slurred.

"That's the best you got? You're so boring. What did you get on the exam anyways?" Taylor was unimpressed.

"An A, duh. Fine. I once had a threesome in college."

" A what now? No way," Taylor said, drunkenly splashing the water.

"I did, and I would not do it again." Joe replied.

"Like anyone would want a threesome with you now," Taylor teased him.

He launched at her, nearly spilling their drinks and they dove underwater together. When they rose to the surface gasping for air Joe tickled Taylor on the sides. Her shirt was soaked through, and her nipples were very prominent against her transparent shirt. Joe could not help but stare at them and he turned away, blushing furiously, feeling turned on.

Sitting back down on the small ledge again, Taylor wrapped her hand around Joe's naked upper body. Joe could not take it anymore and gently removed her hand, holding it and squeezing it tightly instead.

After both of them took short showers, they both got into bed and tried falling asleep. Joe was successful and fell asleep quickly, while Taylor was restless and kept tossing and turning, unable to drift off into slumber. She finally fell asleep after a long period of time only to wake up in the middle of the night again.

She walked over to Joe's bed and gently shook him awake.

"Hm? Taylor?" Joe's voice was groggy and his eyes were still closed, rolling over on his side.

"I can't sleep."

"Mmm. Cuddle?"

Taylor nodded thankfully and climbed under the covers with Joe. His bed felt warm and comforting due to the fact that he had been peacefully sleeping there for multiple hours. It was an overwhelming amount of his scent and she whiffed it all in.

Joe wrapped his arms around Taylor and she did the same, snuggling into his chest even more and placing a kiss there.

"Whatever happened to miss there-better-be-two-beds Swift?" he mumbled, feeling the small peck being placed on him. His heart was pounding and he hoped that Taylor couldn't feel his heartbeat.

"My sleep is more important than my pride."

Taylor could very much feel his heartbeat and rubbed his chest gently to sooth him and calm him down. They soon fell asleep together, all of them intertwined.

When Taylor woke up that morning, she realised her and Joe were entangled together. She had slept very well and she would gladly do this every night if she could. She untangled herself from him and got up, taking her wet clothes from last night and hanging them up to dry in the garden. She walked back inside and saw that Joe was still asleep, so she pressed a kiss onto his forehead and got into her own bed to look at her phone. It was the start of day three on their trip, so they had two and a half days left since they were leaving in the afternoon on the 18th.

When Joe finally woke up, they decided to go to Rydal Mount, where William Wordsworth once lived.

"It's so gorgeous oh my goodness!" Taylor gasped. "Forget the Windermere Lake, I want to be proposed to here."

"You're so indecisive," Joe chuckled at her enthusiasm.

They walked into the gardens and found wisteria overhanging and auroras everywhere. Somewhere along there were a bunch of red roses growing from the ground and Joe walked over, making sure they were safe to hold, and plucked one out of the ground.

"JOSEPH!" Taylor whisper-shouted. "Do you not see the no picking sign over there, I can't with you sometimes."

"Ah don't worry love, you can have it." Joe gave it to Taylor.

She felt her heart melt and was about to lean in and kiss him but Joe grabbed his phone and snapped a picture of her. She slapped the phone out of his hands and made the shot blurry, making him pout and frown.

They set up a self timer and sat down on a bench, capturing and remembering the moment.

"I really don't know how it gets better than this," Taylor whispered, looking into his eyes. She was so close to sinking and drowning in them.

During lunchtime, Joe took Taylor to a pub called The Drunken Duck.

They gazed at the stunning view and they sat down to order their food and beer.

A while later, Taylor was very giggly and could not keep her hands to herself. She put her hands on Joe's back rubbing it up and down, then migrated to his thigh and kept her hand there. Joe grasped her hand and held it instead, his heart palpitating and his forehead dripping with beads of sweat. He paid the check and they walked to Hill Top together, the former home of Beatrix Potter. They walked around the house with a few other tourists, admiring the small personal belongings she left behind.

"I think there's a gift shop down there," Joe said.

"Let's go then." Taylor walked ahead of him and Joe snapped a few secret shots of her.

Walking into the gift shop, Taylor found replicas of Beatrix's old belongings and older versions of her books. She decided to buy a book since she loved Beatrix Potter as a child and walked over to the counter to pay.

After they left the gift shop, the pair decided to go back to The Drunken Duck and grab takeout before heading back to their cabin for an early night.

Later that night, Joe got into his bed and scrolled through his phone checking his work emails before going to sleep. When Taylor finished brushing her teeth, she walked out of the bathroom and stood awkwardly in front of his bed.

After a while, Joe looked up and noticed Taylor staring at him.

"Hi love, is there anything you need?"

Taylor smiled at his caring heart and looked down at the floor.

"Can I sleep with you again tonight?" she asked shyly.

Joe opened his arms welcomingly and shifted over to make space for her.

"Cuddle?"

She nodded, a rose blush forming on her face. She climbed under the covers and snuggled into him while he placed a delicate kiss onto her head.

"Goodnight love."

"Night night."

——————

When they woke up, Taylor didn't climb out of bed but instead wrapped her hands tighter around Joe.

"I have something planned for us today," Joe whispered.

Taylor glanced at him expectantly, but he shook his head, wordlessly telling her it was a surprise.

"Get dressed Taylor," Joe shoved her lightly off the bed, prompting her to stand up.

Taylor walked out of the bathroom in a green dress decorated with small white flowers, her hair in natural waves and her signature red lipstick.

Joe was taken aback by her beauty and stood there gaping at her until Taylor snapped him out of his daydream.

"Staring is rude," she giggled.

They walked out of the cabin and Joe led her to a wooden, vass facility that smelt of rich wine. Taylor gasped and looked around excitedly.

"Is this a wine distillery?"

Joe nodded and Taylor flung her arms around him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you so much for planning all this," she mumbled.

"You're welcome," Joe said. "But we should get in, the tour we're going on starts at 11."

After the tour and the tasting of the wine, Taylor and Joe bought a bottle of wine and had lunch at the distillery then headed back to their cabin. It was already 5:30, and they didn't realise time flew by so quickly. They decided to pack their things and have an early night in preparation for their six hour drive back to the city the next day. Per usual, Taylor climbed into Joe's bed and they fell asleep together.

The next morning, after a short breakfast, the pair decided to go back to Windermere Lake and rent a boat again. They paddled out onto the lake, occasionally bumping into other groups and exchanging friendly gestures.

"Oh my god it's just so pretty here, I'm literally having an internal conflict over where I want to be proposed to." Taylor said.

"You just have to tell your final decision to your future boyfriend."

"Listen up Joseph, could be you y'know," Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Why the hell would it be me?"

"Fuck it," Taylor said, and leaned in, giving him a soft kiss on his lips thats her prolonged, wrapping his hands around her waist. They continued kissing until they ran out of air, sparks flying between them both.

After the kiss, Joe was catching his breath while staring at Taylor. She leaned in and hugged him, then loosened her grip to peck his lips again, while Joe reciprocated. Joe cups her face with both of his hands and both of them lean in instinctively again, their lips meeting in the middle. Taylor gently nudges his lips with her tongue and he lets it in, both their tongues fighting against each other and exploring each other's mouth even more deeply.

Taylor gets goosebumps, she doesn't want this moment to end, she wants to stay here forever in the Lake District with Joe on a boat.

A little while later both of them pull apart to catch their breath and Taylor looks at Joe blushing. He reaches for her hand and brings it to his lips, placing delicate kisses onto her knuckles, making her giggle at the slightly ticklish feeling.

A/N:
hey besties! sorry i didnt update yesterday, whoopsies. anyways for the lake district i obviously havent been and i dont how the layout is so this is probably quite inaccurate. BUT THEY KISSED OKAY SO LEAVE ME ALONE THEY KISSED AJSJSJSKKAJSJSJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5K 52
After six years, Taylor Swift and her longtime boyfriend, Joe Alwyn have gone their separate ways. Taylor, unsure how to move on, decides to have a o...
17.4K 486 23
If you only knew That I can see you. Lover is 16 and in her 10th year of high school She's focused on her studies and career and avoids talking to p...
Lover By

Romance

5.6K 302 6
~BOOK 2~ Y/n and Taylor have had their ups and downs throughout their relationship. From misunderstandings and miscommunication to moving in with eac...
84.7K 2.8K 132
**book four in the peace series** The kids are growing up and for joe and Taylor that's bittersweet. As Elliana enters middle school and their young...