Ardent ; h.s.

بواسطة amoreroda

I've learned the nights are tough for her. in the darkness we lay together, and even through the hectic life... المزيد

000
001
002
003
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042

004

1.6K 37 12
بواسطة amoreroda

Lenox Hill

Robin

"Since when do you run late Robin?", one of the morning nurses asked me, a stack of three white bed sheets resting in her arms.

"Good question, um no answer, I just had some personal natters to take care of, took a little longer than expected".

There is no subtle way of telling someone that you were having a conversation with Harry Styles and that is the cause of your tardiness.

When I arrived at work the pit in my stomach grew, however it was a relief to find out no paparazzi had been waiting upon my arrival. The last picture people had of me was in my work scrubs, I'm crossing my fingers no one kept up with celebrity news in the past 24 hours.

Setting down my belongings I carried with me on the desk in my office. I began lifting the bottom of my scrub forgetting about my sweater.

"Right", I said to myself. Harry is now going to be featured on live television wearing my clothes. Wonderful. Seems as if I'm only making the situation worse, to be fair, it wasn't all grand to begin with.

Bright side is at least my name isn't embroidered on it.

***

The time slowly passed as I filled out reports on all the patients who recently checked into the ER. Recurrent writing of blood types, medications, and treatments. I almost hit snooze up until my name was said over the hospital intercom three times.

"Dr.Robin to east wing stat".

Running towards the anonymous patients room I noticed how flat the padding in my shoes had become. This had to be the most insignificant part of my day, but maybe it was time to spend money, wasn't exactly the most ideal action of mine. I hardly found time to shop, online and in person. Plus living in New York wasn't cheap.

The patient that rolled in suffered a heart attack, fortunately he survived it. My focus primarily targeted trauma patients, however with the help of a dietician and cardiologist the cause of the heart attack was ruled out to be clogged arteries.

Those New York hot dogs didn't do anyone well. I'm surprised they're not the leading cause of death in the United States.

Helping to clean up around the room the mans wife spoke up. "Excuse me doctor?".

I turned, looking at the woman. Her ginger curly hair cut to her shoulders and her delicate hand holding the hand of her husband, Will. He was sleeping, his blonde eyelashes flat against his tough skin.

"Yes ma'am?".

"Would you mind turning on the TV? I think I've misplaced the remote somewhere and I can't reach the power button".

"Of course, it's no problem".

She gave me a little smile, her thumb caressing her husbands hand. The action warmed my heart, it was nice to see people so in love with just the small gestures.

Usually one of the nurses or CNA's would be overlooking the room, but I decided to help them on their breaks today.

Extending my arm I pressed the button, a low volumed ringing coming from the small television. Completing the favor, I organized the room some more, having small talk with Sheri, I learned her name.

Will and Sheri have been together for 30 years, they met at a diner in San Francisco, she described it as love at first sight. They got married a couple months after. I became so invested in their story. They're wealthy I thought to myself, the rock sitting on Sheri's ring finger made sure to make itself aware.

"Oh isn't he so handsome?", I gave a 'hm' in response to the question, writing down numbers from Will's monitor. "The man on the TV", she commented.

Finalizing the results from a vital test I looked up at the television. By chance I just had to witness my brown sweater on a stage seen by many others worn by none other..you already know.

It fit Harry enough to wear his fingers pulled the end of the sleeves like a toddler wearing a large jacket. Before I could respond to Sheri I heard his voice run through my ears again.

"Good morning New York, it's a bit colder than I expected this morning. We can't wait to play for you today".

The cheers and screams of mainly girls became louder than before, his dimples indenting his cheeks as he looked at everyone around him.

Happy.

"This is Sign of the Times, hope you all enjoy", Harry gave out air kisses then wrapped his hand around the microphone. I'm sure that made the crowd go nuts. Seems like he adores his fans.

He began singing, his voice was much better than what I thought. I knew he sang good, I just didn't expect it to sound like that, compared to what I heard a few nights ago.

"Use the button to call for nurse Sofia when he wakes up. We'll be discussing his discharge date later tomorrow with the cardiologist".

"Thank you doctor".

***

Today felt slower than normal, the sky was still gloomy every time I looked out the large windows in my office, I assumed that may have been the cause. I became accustomed to seeing how the sun would move throughout the day, winter coming had 'paused' its routine.

Snacking on apples with peanut butter, I called Violet. Our lunches and breaks were set at similar times fortunately.

"So who is this guy you mentioned earlier?".

Violet and I had been discussing her birthday plans and how work was running. She smiled as I mentioned her mystery man.

"His name is Jeffrey Azoff".

"Oh a J name. You know how those turn out", I sucked in my breath sharply.

"Robin please, he's not part of some fraternity, he is nice and must I say he does have a well paying job, but that's besides the point", nodding I had took the last bite of my apple slice.

"He lives here?".

"He travels, but he has a place by Central Park and in LA. I left to the grocery store after work, he made up some corny dentist joke just to talk to me. It was horrible, I appreciated it though", Violet smiled, verbalizing to me the rest of the events they'd have been to together and how they met a couple months ago when he came and how she likes him. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I'm happy Violet found someone to spend her time with, of course I am just the tiniest bit dejected. I know I would hardly be able to see her now, less than the typical amount at least.

It's alright, I'm sure he had a friend or two I could potentially take into consideration. Fingers crossed their names don't also start with a J.

Who needs a man anyway.

Violet and I continued talking for another 15 minutes, nothing too exciting. She did bring up Harry which I swiftly put an end to that conversation. Why was she so interested in this whole Harry situation? I knew as much as she did, there was no inside story. My only guess is she is excited about a man in my life, it has been some time since college and random people at bars and clubs we hopped around to.

I continued working for a few more hours until the clocks hour hand pointed at the 5. My shift ended earlier for the reason that there was more than two doctors staffed today, lucky for me.

Grabbing one of the spare jackets in my office I peered out the window one last time, still gloomy, but darker than before. Leaving the building I began my walk towards the cafe, I noticed the roads were now open unlike this morning.

Must be weird singing in front of thousands of people, I'm sure Harry sang to crowds larger than the one he saw this morning. I could barely do a presentation to five.

The familiar bell sound rang above my head, the cafe being occupied by only a few people. College students I'm assuming, everyone with a laptop screen illuminating their faces.

Ernie looked up from the counter, counting the amount of money that he received throughout the day.

"Hello Birdie, how was work?", he wrote numbers down on his yellow pen pad. This was considered progress for him, when his wife passed he never brought up the hospital or how my day was at work, I was happy he asked today.

"Slow, glad I'm on my way home now".

I joined Ernie at one of the stools. Sitting here brought me back to this morning, I got lost in my mind simply thinking about it. Am I okay?

He just stood there looking at me. Didn't even say a word.

What was he thinking? Was he glad to see me again? Did he even want to?

I think we were both caught off guard, he definitely expected a different face. Don't know whose, but it was not mine.

Was he also nervous seeing me? Or did I just make the whole situation awkward pretending like he didn't exist less than 4 feet away from me.

"Birdie..earth to Birdie", Ernie snapped his fingers in my face bringing me back to a self aware state. "Are you thinking about that boy? He ran after you this morning".

Only partially thinking about him, but just because of my sweater, nothing else. He was not chasing after me.

Lying to myself and Ernie.

What am I supposed to say? Of course I'm thinking about that boy. How could I not? For the past couple weeks I've encountered him and I doubt he cares enough to listen to the thought of me.

"No, why would you think that?".

Ernie rolled his eyes, a smile on his face. I'm hoping he couldn't read minds. What was so funny?

One of the employees brought out Violets cake. It sat in a white box with a blue ribbon wrapped around. I paid for the dessert and continued my short journey towards home.

***

Violets place smelled like warm vanilla, almost as if I walked into a bath and body's shop, except it was nothing overpowering, welcoming more like.

Pouring a glass of Pinot Noir into a glass, Violet looked at me smirking, her eyes squinted. She just knows something is off, I can feel it.

"Robin drinking wine, what could the occasion possibly be?", she sat down, fluffing one of the blue pillows on her couch.

"For one it's your birthday, two I just need to loosen up a bit. I feel a little tense". I moved the glass in a circular motion, mixing the dark red liquid.

"Oh", she furrowed her eyebrows. "Anything you want to talk about?".

"I think it's just work, but thank you".

I appreciated Violet for caring about me. Sometimes it is hard to fathom how much care a person holds just for you, or if they do at all.

We talked some more, downing all the light-bodied red wine in my cup. I knew my limit, and another glass wouldn't hurt. Wine drunk slowly crept up on you, maybe by the time it hit the hardest I would be sleeping.

I'm hoping this would relieve some of the anxiety in my stomach, the thought of another moment being captured with a well-known someone and put out all over the media for world to see sent a chill down my spine.

You're okay Robin. Everything is fine and something like this won't happen again.

Aiding Violet in cleaning up around the place for dinner, John Mulaney acted as our background noise. The TVs reflection on the window which overlooked some parts of the city.

"Meeting parents is a thing I have never understood. I've never been with my girlfriend and thought, aw, babe, tonight is going to be great but do you know what would make it more perfect? Charles and Ellen Mulaney". The audience all laughed in unison, Violet joining with a small chuckle.

My focus went straight to the second word.

Parents.

We are built and completed through concealed and forgettable powers, our parents.

I laughed simply thinking about, if only they cared, if he cared. If he chose to stay. Ugh, I hate reminiscing.

You know, maybe I would've been fine with just one glass of wine.

Before I could get too in my head a couple of knocks hit the door. My two guesses, one highly doubtful, are a handsome actor or Violets mystery 'J' man, either way I was excited to see what stood behind door 1106.

"Happy bir-you're not Violet?", with a present in hand I saw the guy, Jeffrey. We all had our own tastes in people, no judgement, although he does look similar to Ben Savage.

"And you're not Chris Hemsworth, so I guess we're both disappointed".

However if Chris did manage to show up at the door he would be accompanying me in bed. A girl can dream okay.

Jeffrey walked in, Violet hugging him. He planted a chaste kiss on her lips. Met a couple months ago my ass, they looked like if they had been married a for a year now.

There was some small talk here and there between Jeffrey and I, turns out he is a lot cooler than he came across, it was wrong for me to assume he'd be boring in the first place. He seemed freaked out when I mentioned working at a hospital. Cleaning up blood and prescribing medications wasn't for everyone.

To sum up most of the hour I have been the third wheel. Maybe I should just down the entire wine bottle and drown out my loneliness.

"Oh my friend's here, I hope you don't mind the extra company Robin", Jeffrey spoke up, Violet setting down plates on the counter.

"The more the merrier".

The scene felt odd having others included in a day that was typically spent with Violet and I in pajamas, watching romantic comedies, and obsessing over the actors old enough to be our fathers.

I heard the apartment door shut, Jeffrey walking in with company. The second I caught sight of who I was facing I choked on my wine.

How lovely.

"Are you okay Robin?", Violet asked me handing me a napkin. I nodded and lied saying the liquid went down the wrong pipe. I don't know why I didn't say the truth, my mind found it faster to cover up than to make a long sentence about a man I saw through a television earlier today.

"Just hand the box over to Robin and we can all finally eat, I'm starving", I heard an alright and the sound of footsteps getting closer.

I was just calming down and now my heart wanted to pound out through my rib cage and out my chest.

"Robin?".

"Hi..nice to meet you", he handed me the present enfolded in gold wrapping paper and I placed it on the table next to us.

"You?", he pointed at me. I stopped.

He knew. He definitely knew about the pictures, why wouldn't he?

"Me?".

"You're the girl".

Ah yes, the girl.

I thought this was over. I thought after this morning the interactions with Harry and his whole life would stop.

"I don't know what you're talking about", I let out a nervous laugh. I'm hoping my lying skills came off undetected. My mind woke up today and chose to be a liar.

"You gave Harry the brown sweater today, you're the one who's in the pictures. I saw you, we all saw you".

Well for one I am busted and two, who's we? All of New York probably.

"Oh, that girl". Playing it off as everything is okay and perfectly fine with the situation occurring was not going as planned. "That's me", I told him awkwardly, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Uh huh, I'm Mitch by the way".

"You were playing earlier today. I saw you on the TV at work today, you're really talented". He looked like a Mitch. Hair down to his shoulders, almost like a knock off Jesus. The name suited the appearance. He just seemed very laid back and kept to himself, less boring looking than Jeffrey Azoff over there.

"Thank you. So you were watching?", he smiled all sly, putting his hands into his front pockets.

Why couldn't they make women's bottoms with bigger pockets? Unfair.

I rolled my eyes. "It was the first channel that came up at the hospital okay, don't feel so special".

"He wasn't lying about the doctor part then", Mitch raised his eyebrows, surprised almost.

He.

"No he wasn't". We both were on the same page about this "he" person. "Why am I a topic of your man conversations?", I asked bluntly.

I'm curious to know, why not ask.

"He, well Harry", he cleared his throat. "Brought you up the day after the hospital. Something about being a bird then that whole picture was brought up, he came back yesterday to perform with that brown sweater you were wearing in the cafe. You've been a conversation starter with Jeffrey and Harry for a couple days now actually", he pointed over at Jeffrey who was talking with Violet on her couch.

Jeffrey and Harry? They knew each other.

"Alright let's eat".

If it isn't already obvious I don't have an update schedule, but I do have an algorithm that works for me, please be patient and thank you for waiting always! Also this whole chapter was written previous to today.

Happy 11th anniversary <3 The One Direction fandom is something I've been apart of since day one and has helped me ever since, I hope it has done the same for you all. Enjoy today, tonight, whatever time it is wherever you are, whoever you are. Drink your water and remember it will all be okay!!

All the love <3

TPWK.

07/23/21

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

200K 2K 43
Title says it :))) Feel free to leave ideas and lmk what you think <3
94.1K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
5.2K 43 11
Kinda romantic but some more then others. Not my best work but I tried to do my best. Anyways enjoy.
485K 10K 93
//MATURE THEMES AND EXPLICIT CONTENT// "Make sure she's okay when I'm gone will you Harry?" It was from that moment I knew I'd do anything I could to...