the DEVIL [JJK+KTH]

By Jayniel_ezra

[Book 1 + Book 2 included] Taehyung certainly had a lot to do as a Detective but summoning the Devil with a s... More

Disclaimer
|Sneak Peak|
|Character Description|
|1| That's a Cursed Sandwich
|2| A Deal with the Devil
|3| Delusional Theatrical Playboy
|4| Would never Lie to You
|5| Ain't no fingers for ya
|6| The Demon's on loose
|7| Don't like you
|8| The Devil's come to play
|9| Moustache, Baldy and Dicaprio
|10| Black Baccara Roses
|11| Let's Bang-kinda Date
|12| Birthday Bashed Head
|13| Homophobia, a vibe Killer
|14| Chase-down, Get-away kiss
|15| Smurf Powder's got quality
|16| Unanswered Questions
|17| Quite a bit of a Charmer
|18| Speak the name of the Devil
|19| He bites to the Bone
|20| Classy Pervert
|21| An Angel's Questionnaire
|22| A Master, a Servant
|23| Detective Kim's a little too chatty
|24| That would make the two of us
|25| Did he just run away?
|26| Temptation, as sweet as his skin.
|27| Hangover ain't all that pretty
|28| The Devil's Treasure
|29| Let's have a bit of a sexy time
|30| He, with the Cerulean eyes
|31| Jealousy, as calm as Juno's blood
|33| Little bit of a pickle
|34| Partners no more
|35| Master of spontaneous dumb choices
|36| Sweet Dreams, Detective Kim
|37| Selfish Desires aids none
|38| A Reunion of unlikely sorts
IMPORTANT NEWS YALL OMG
|39| A mistake over a mistake
|40| Only Human
|41| Pray for the Sinner
|42| A Pied Piper's tune
|43| Prayers for an Answer
|44| Thirteen
|45| In your arms, there I lay Dead
|46| Red blossoms in a Swallow's nest
|47| A Golden chalice to lips of Ember
|48| The Art of chasing Tainted dreams
|49| Miss me in Secret
|50| The Return of the King
|51| The Raven of the Night
|52| The Citadel under Sea
|53| The Devil is a nosy man
|54| No Touch
|55| Caviar be damned
|56| A hunger to Satiate
|57| A Test to Prevail
|58| The prodigal son returns
|59| An ugly neighbour from Hell
|60| God rest ye merry Gentlemen
|61| The Enemy under Floorboards
|62| More Beautiful than Dawn itself
|63| The Beginning of the End
|64| Heart lay naked, for your eyes to see
|65| The one that is more human
|66| He who herds the Sheep to Hell
|67| The Chrysalis of the Dead
|68| Blood in His teeth, He smiles so sweet
|69| Only the Fool loves
|70| A prisoner of His will and a slave to one's own desire

|32| Take No Refunds!

6.4K 509 556
By Jayniel_ezra

Chapter 32: Take No Refunds!

__________________________________________

A/N: yolo.

This was supposed to be a chapter with some of the major turn in tides but then it crossed my usual word limit and I got a little lazy.

This is pretty much a filler for the second half but its full of Serotonin so...

^^♡
__________________________________________

Taehyung skipped up the stairs, of the precinct, drinking the last bit of the peach ice tea he had bought on the way to work.

Pushing the cup into the bin, he wiped his hand off on his coat and continued with his path, his eyes momentarily landing on a bunch of college students-looking like people piled up in the waiting area.

Two of them were seated, two were pacing around.

Taehyung exhaled, walking ahead  but then he paused at his feet, hearing a commotion behind a door. He frowned slightly, his eyes skidding to the unfamilar individuals who worriedly were looking at the door as well.

Pursing his lips, Taehyung pushed the door open and stepped in to find the room in a mess.

One of the two strangers was holding the other one back whilst Jennie seemed frantically struggling to hold the situation in.

"Sir- try to understand!" She commanded, but it was to no avail.

"Jennie" Taehyung called out, his expression expertly calm and the three finally looked over to notice his presence.

"Take five" he continued, walking in.

"B-But Detective Kim-" She stuttered a little, standing up straight.

"Its okay, go ahead. There are some files on my desk, there's one Jin wanted from it- can you pass it over to him? Yeah?" Taehyung cut in, walking up to the female officer.

She lowered her gaze, slightly flustered and then looked up "yes Detective Kim!"

Taehyung waited patiently, until the woman left before shifting his attention over to the two people who were still in the room.

"I know you're desperate but this is not a place for you to walk in and harass officers. We are only doing as much as we can with what we're having at our hands right now. If you're choosing to walk in here and resort to making a mess, even we can do something similar in the name of defense and lock all of you up." Taehyung warned in a low tone "This place is not your hometown to do as you please, file your complaint and follow the protocol."

"Ah-ha- hah.... I'm sorry sir-" one of the two with the bigger built and with  a little bit of saner streak spoke up in a meek, ashamed tone "I apologise for my friend here... he's not usually like this. Its just that we're all worried."

Taehhung blinked, unamused and then walked over behind the table and took a seat, gesturing for the two to take a seat as well.

The guy who was holding onto the other, let go and the other let out an incoherent curse, taking his seat.

"I'm Yunho this is.. Donghyuck, we've come to file a missing report" the taller one spoke softly

Taehyung hummed, looking down at the photo of a woman who seemed to be in her earluly 20s.

Fair skin, and pretty rounded eyes. Her raven hair seemed long and silky as well.

His eyes skidded down to the form that had already been filled.

Lee Saerin.

"Lee Saerin..." Taehyung mumbled and then looked up "and who are you both, to the woman?"

"Oh- uh, I'm her friend. Its been a little over two years now" Yunho sat up straight on his seat "and uh- Donghyuck is her little brother."

Little brother?

He didn't seem any younger than a Junior in Highschool, but Yunho kept answering in his stead.

Taehyung looked at the guy with deep raven hair, who had been gritting his teeth all the while.

Taehyung pursed his lips, not prodding the young man's erruptive behavior and let him be, turning his attention back to Yunho.

"When was the last time you saw her?" Taehyung enquired.

"Day before yesterday, we all had evening classes that day. After classes we stopped by to buy some coffee at the Cafe we all usually hang out after our classes. That was the last we saw of her..." Yunho let out a sigh, worry lines sprawled across his face.

"There was nobody who accompanied her to her home?" Taehyung paused.

"Ah- no, its not like that- SaeRin lived close by to the university...so she'd always deny any of us letting her accompany along the way." Yunho replied and then lowered his gaze "She.. didn't want to bother us..."

Taehyung leaned back on the chair, his gaze fixated on the taller man.

"Why is it that you've come to file a complaint a day later? Did no one notice? Does SaeRin live alone?"

"Its actually that this happens quite often... SaeRin wouldn't show up for a whole day, saying she is tired and wants to sleep some more so we are a little used to it." Yunho paused, scratching his chin a little

"And uh she lives with another girl named XieXie as a sharing roommate. If SaeRin wouldn't pick her phone up, I'd call XieXie to check up on her in the evening, and she'd let me know SaeRin is fine..."

"But XieXie told me that she is currently out of station when I called her last evening, so I was a little worried when she told me she couldn't reach SaeRin as well. Since it was over 10pm, and because.. SaeRin's neighbours are a little conserved, absolutely hating it when men come over at her place in the night, and they sort of... talk over it- so to save her the hassle, I decide to go over this morning instead"

"The door was locked and the owners of the house  wouldn't let a stranger, let alone a man, have the spare key to the apartment, so I had to call up Donghyuck, since he was family..."

"And thats when we both noticed she wasn't there in the apartment. That she.. hadn't been for over a day." Yunho let out another sigh.

Taehyung nodded slightly, thinking as he looked down onto the form. "Is there a possibility that SaeRin could have left to somewhere on her own or maybe... with someone you-"

"Are you telling my sister ran away?! Is that what you're implying here?!!" The younger one burst out with rage, slamming his hands on the table, startling Yunho but Taehyung didn't flinch even a bit.

"Mr. Lee. Hands off the table." Taehyung curtly spoke up lacking enthusiasm in his tone and the younger male gulped slightly, pulling his hands back but his eyes continued raging with anger.

"No ones implying anything here. We have to think from all the possible angles here before starting away with the investigation" Taehyung continued, before pausing to hear his question from earlier being answered.

"That is unlikely... sir- SaeRin wouldn't just go off somewhere... and she certainly didn't have a boyfriend. I'm sure." Yunho slowly spoke up, fiddling is fingers a little.

"And that's because?" Taehyung quirked up.

"I-... because SaeRin liked me.... I have- I have known about it for quite some time now... I was just waiting for our exams to pass by so that I could.. ask her out-" Yunho replied, his gaze lowered.

Taehyung's eyes shifted to the other, who continued openly glaring at the Detective instead.

So the brother knows and doesn't mind-

Taehyung exhaled and leaned back in, sitting up straight. "Was there anything that put you off? Did she mention anything odd? Like- something or someone bothering her? Maybe a third person who you may suspect for having a hand in SaeRin's disappearance? Maybe someone who held out a grudge for her? Someone we can hook onto, to start the investigation with?"

"No... there's nothing. SaeRin sure wasn't necessarily sweet with people... she was bold with her way- but she wouldn't meddle herself to an extent, for another to hold a grudge against her and... to cause her disappearance-"

Taehyung looked over at Donghyuk.

"What about you? Do you know anyone from her school who may have been capable of pulling something like this? Anyone who bothered her?"

"No... there was no one. And even if there was one I'd beat them to sore pulp-" He grit his teeth and Yunho gripped onto his arm, throwing an apologetic smile over to the Detective.

Taehyung let out a sigh and placed it aside.

"Fine... we'll start the investigation as soon as possible. If there's something that has slipped by your minds to let us know, then you can come here again. For now, you can leave. If something comes up, the Department will let you know." Taehyung assured, standing up and the two stood up as well.

"Ah- Detective... thankyou!" Yunho bowed to the said male.

"You better find my sister. You will find her, won't you?" Donghyuck paused, his lips quivering slighgly with his fingers clenching on his sides. "With all the news going around lately... i- no.. just tell me you'll find my sister. Please find her."

Taehyung's lips morphed into a small smile.

The kid sure does has his temper-

"We'll try our very best." He replied with all honesty.

*********

"Lieutenant." Taehyung greeted, as the said male walked into the cabin.

"Mm sit..." Lt. Mingyu replied, taking his own seat. "I heard you and Jungkook faced a little bit of a pickle other day in Hăixiān restaurant, ending up bruised."

"Oh- ah! It was just small stab wounds... We're both fine, thankyou for asking." Taehyung quickly replied.

"Alright, if you say so- It sure was a narrow window, a dangerous one- that too. If I'd known it was about Park JoHyung of ChingZing's underground base, I'd have allowed a full unit instead of throwing you and your partner into blinded danger." Lt. Mingyu sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"anyway, I'm glad you both made it out without any major injuries. I knew I could count on you when I was away"

Taehyung bowed his head slightly to the male, out of respect.

"And.. about the DrugD2 that was confiscated- you have a report on that?"

Taehyung nodded, handing the file over to the Lieutenant.

"32 packets in total- each weighing half a kilogram. 3/4th of the total were in its least concentrated state. Not capable of straight away killing an individual, but enough to detach themselves from their cognition." Taehyung paused a bit, before continuing.

"The brothel that ChingZing ran- and few of the women from there, were his first test subjects...  we just received the CT- tests and- well the results showed... severely damaged cerebral pathway..." Taehyung sighed, rephrasing Jin's words of 'a brain no better than that of a corpse'

"The tests are being run to help them achieve their cognition back but there isn't any sort of medication capable of reverting the state. Schizophrenic drugs are being tested for now.... the reports are yet to come."

"I see- and about JoHyung? Did he spill about the dealer?" Lt. Mingyu looked up from the file.

"On interrogation he spoke of a man who introduced him to the dealer. The main tie- is still unknown, but we're onto the third person JoHyung spoke about." Taehyung answered.

"Alright" Lt. Mingyu nodded, assured but then quickly called out to the Detective who replied a 'yes?'

"Taehyung- uh, have you come across anything suspicious?" He paused "Its not been long since the package-incident... I feel like I'm not being very careful with letting you roam around like a walking target"

Taehyung let out a sigh "there's nothing to worry about, I've been taking measures of it myself... besides, it doesn't seem like the Reaper wants me to be his next victim, rather he just wants to mess around"

"Its sickening... but its likely he wants me to play his game of cat and mouse..." Taehyung paused "We'll find him... sooner or later. He can't get away with it every single time.. I just know it."

Lt. Mingyu clicked his tongue and then let out a sigh, shaking his head.

"I'm proud to have an officer like you in my Department but it just twists my guts everytime you willingly jump into danger like that Taehyung..."

Taehyung chuckled slightly, standing up to his feet. "I've cheated death quite a few times now, I think I'm getting the hang of it so rest assured."

Lt. Mingyu let out a small scoff of disbelief followed by a defeated sigh  "this man- you even say it with a straight face-"

Taehyung grinned and bowed slightly, turning on his feet, towards the door.

He closed the door behind him just as he stepped outside and ceased at his feet to spot the suited raventte.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked, walking towards the male.

"Eavesdropping on your quiet conversation obviously" Jungkook replied with a cheeky grin, making Taehyung scoff slightly as he brushed past him.

"Yeah very funny"

"Detective Kim- what are we gonna do today? Hm?" The raventte asked, a little too excited.

"Paperwork I suppose."

"Pape- Paperwork?! Dear Father- Paperwork is more boring than my birthplace!!!" Jungkook groaned.

"How about we go around that investigation of the missing case that came in just this morning?!" He continued with a convincing grin and sparkles in his eyes.

"Johnny, Jihyo and Seulgi are already on it." Taehyung deadpanned, turning to face the male.

"Augh- isn't there anything fun to do? If it's paperwork day today I'm heading back to my penthouse and play darts on paintings instead..."

Paintings worth twice his annual salary-

Taehyung pursed his lips.

Rich people indeed have their own way of getting around their tiredness and frustration...

When Taehyung gets tired and frustrated, all he gets in return is more tiredness and frustration in return.

Must be nice to be rich.

Taehyung grimaced at his thoughts.

"We can perhaps  go get some lunch later" Taehyung spoke up, without putting much thought into his words but before he realized, it already was too late.

A sly smile crawled up the raventte's lips  "say- Detective Kim... are you bribing me to stay back for a lunch date?"

Taehyung's eyes widened, hands flailing around "No- you can leave i-"

"ACCEPTED!" Jungkook announced loudly, throwing his chin up and eyes shut as people threw weird glances at the two.

Jungkook peeked down at the Detective, his lips drawn into his signatures smirk, "I accept your proposal!"

Taehyung grit his teeth, glaring at the raventte but the red crawling up his neck was quite evident.

Jungkook chuckled and bent down a little.

"Too bad I don't take refunds Detective Kim..." he whispered and Taehyung quickly stepped back, turning on his heels and scurried away mumbling am incoherent curse under his lips.

Jungkook chuckled some more, watching the mortal's retreating figure.

The smile on his lips soon faded, and he let out a sigh, pushing his fingers through his hair.

I've cheated death quite a few times now, I think I'm getting the hang of it so rest assured.

Jungkook couldn't help but feel restless hearing it.

It felt like everytime he saved the Detective, he'd end up drifting further into a merciless tide of danger.

Jungkook was anxious.

He knew, if he could pull the mortal out of his profession, he would have done it long ago with a heartbeat- but knowing how the Detective truly was, Jungkook didn't have the heart nor power to do anything like it.

But ever since, Jungkook had to enforce his strengths into dismantling an actual lethal bomb with Namjoon chewing away on him, from having to clean up behind what actually had happened that day- Jungkook was now always on a lookout like some petty stalker around the Detective.

Jungkook from the earlier times wouldn't have showed up at the precinct unless summoned, but now- he'd himself stride in and stick to the Detective throughout the day even if the schedule had something measly and boring as Paperwork.

Jungkook, sure was irritated that someone was pointing their target at the Detective's forehead, but Jungkook- as the Devil, had no rights to step into the affairs of that of a mortal's revolving around another.

Already having restored his breath for once, Jungkook was in deep trouble.

The Silver Gates definitely did NOT like what they witnessed and neither did they appreciate the stunt the Devil pulled.

Its not like he cared or was scared- but then just for the sake of the silver angel who still had ridiculous hopes of seeing goodness within the Devil, Jungkook decided to behave- knowing all too well that Namjoon wouldn't necessarily enjoy falling-

And so on, he could only protect and shield the Detective from harm, but he wasn't allowed to hunt the bastard down- unless ofcourse the strings that were being pulled from behind was the work of an out-worldly being, but that was entirely out of the topic.

Jungkook also felt slightly at ease that Jimin lived with the Detective, for he trusted the Demon more than he trusted his own hands. And knowing Jimin- he knew, that the demon would never go against the rules he had set, even if he didn't have to say it outloud. Jimin... was loyal like that.

Jungkook exhaled softly.

He'd just have to wait.

********

Hoseok pursed his lips, his face- pale, sweating a little too much. His eyes wide, but they were effectively lowered.

His fingers clenched, as his chest tightened a little.

He knew he shouldn't have talked a single word.

He should have sealed his lips shut right from the beginning, pretending that he didn't exist in the moment.

But because he was too careless, he slipped.

Right into the mouth of a beast.

Of Awkwardness.

He looked up from his plate to check if the raventte was still stari- Glaring at him.

With his one hand tightly gripping onto the metal chopsticks and the other one sprawled on table, where one slender finger impatiently tapped the surface with eyes as dark as night-

Yep. He was still glaring.

Hoseok bit back his scream edging to his throat and turned his attention back to the no-longer appeasing meal before him.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung finally broke the awkward silence, being unable to watch his partner act like some rabid dog and Hoseok squirm in his seat, seemingly appearing to recite the Litany of Mary in his head (he was)

"Quit staring, you're making him uncomfortable."

"Detective Kim... I don't mind Detective Jung's presence... he's a nice guy" Jungkook paused and Hoseok smiled weakly, his forehead melting from the amount if tension piling up, up there.

"But I'd appreciate you respecting my wishes sometimes. Hm?" Jungkook clicked his tongue, pulling his lips into a pout as he tapped his metal chopsticks on the edge of the vessel, as if he were scolding a litgle boy with a clanging sound ringing through.

"Jungkook." Taehyung paused, already done with the raventte's antics "just eat, will you?"

Jungkook let out a groan and leaned back in his chair, like a toddler throwing a tantrum (he was) "I know, I said, no refunds.... but now I want a full refund."

Taehyung sighed, feeling bad for Hoseok to witness all of this nuisance over lunch that neither could properly enjoy.

Making a mental note, to apologise to the male, Taehyung shook his head in dismissal and pushed a mouthful of rice  into his mouth.

"..This was supposed to be a date!"

Taehyung and Hoseok both erupted into a fit of cough. One flustered and horrified, other embarrassed and horrified.

"...how did this go from a date- to a threesome?! Its not like I mind- but Detective Jung is definitely not my type and I dont want a third person meddling when its yo-mmpfh-"

Taehyung looked over at Hoseok, a helpless forced smile over his face with his hand pressing over Jungkook's face, blocking his view and preventing his from speaking his nonsense any further

"I'm sorry for this- we can have lunch together some other time. Please don't take it to heart. This man is ridiculously mental" Taehyung quickly spoke and stood up, dragging the complaining raventte away.

Hoseok nodded, a little dazed, a little horrified.

But then his lips cracked into a smile, erupting into a fit of laughter.

**********

"Here you go" Taehyung's voice loomed in, as he tossed the beverage over to the raventte who instinctively caught onto the bottle.

"Banana milk? Again?" Jungkook frowned, reading the label off the falvoured sweet drink.

"If you don't want it, then give it back" Taheyung shot back with his hand stretched forth and Jungkook pulled himself away.

"You bought it for me, why would I return it to you?" Jungkook grumbled, side eyeing the Detective.

He then grinned, pressing the beverage behind his back "gifts on dates are very much appreciated"

Taehyung let out an exasperated sigh, continuing to walk ahead.

"Detective Kim... how long has it been since you last went on a date?"

"Why are you asking me?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes.

"Curious." Jungkook shrugged.

"A while I guess..." Taehyung replied.

"Alright- have you been on a date with a man then?" Jungkook confined.

Taehyung pursed his lips and let out a groan mentally "No. Enough talking-"

"So that means I'm your first?!" Jungkook asked, quite excited.

"Please stop talking- this is not a date. And you don't need to know about my past relationships. Do you find me asking about yours?" Taehyung quirked up.

"I wouldn't mind you asking about mine... its a little bit of a long list and I'm sure you'll be bored. I'd definitely be bored recollecting it, so I don't really blame you" Jungkook said with all seriousness and let out a sigh "besides they were all impulsive and ended just as soon as they began."

Jungkook bent a little, with his lips jutted into a sad pout "we're both quite the lonely rangers, don't ya think so?"

His lips slowly morphed into a sick sly grin whilst his eyes glimmered with mischief

"So, wanna smash?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, shaking his head and sighing for the hundredth time but with irritation this time. Pushing the raventte away, he moved past him.

"Haha! I'm kidding- I'm kidding, I'd never ask something like that to you Detective Kim." Jungkook jogged along to catch up with the male.

"I might be shameless, but I'd never cross my boundaries with you." Jungkook added, throwing his arm in front of the Detective to block his path.

Taehyung looked up, mixed emotions drifting in his eyes.

"You know me the best, don't you?" Jungkook smiled softly, taking the initiative to finally pick out a dried leaf stuck between the male's dense locks, that Jungkook had been anxiously eyeing throughout the way.

Taehyung froze for a bit with the gesture, but he relaxed, as the raventgw continued setting his hair right.

He tightly clenched his teeth, his fingers curled into a fist on his sides, as he gazed up at the raventte.

Expectant.

For what- Taehyung didn't know.

He didn't need to know.

All he wanted was an impulse- maybe an excuse too...

All just to feel the jittery feeling ignite his bones into a state of intoxication.

However, hearing an obnoxiously loud slurp interrupt, Taehyung jumped- clearly startled out of his senses.

His eyes flew over to his neighbour's house. The old couple seated on their porch, their expression calm but clearly judging like snobby old people would.

But it wasn't the old couple that was eye-catching, rather it was the blob of pink hair seated between them with a slurpee in his hands and dark shades shielding his eyes, was what more royally snobbier than a bunch of old people.

"I thought I was watching a movie!" Jimin hollered.

"Yeah thanks for ruining it!" Jungkook hollered back, irritated.

"Your welcome!" Jimin chided, taking a sip out of his drink and pushed his shades over the old woman's eyes and grinned, throwing a thumbs-up of approval.

Skipping his way, he made it to where the other were still stranded.

"You're early today" Jimin remarked, looking over at the Detective.

Taehyung hummed "yeah... but what were you doing over Min's?"

"Oh- old guy came over to ask me to run some errands. Just dropped them off now" Jimin replied.

"Jimin's doing charity errands? I'm surprised- what's in Detective's meals that has made such a huge development in you hm?" Jungkook snickered.

"Enough for my alcohol to digest than you possibly can ever experience but okay" Jimin smiled innocently.

(A/N: he means, that Jungkook is not as privileged as him to eat what Taehyung cooks. 'Enough for my alcohol to digest' is simply a notion saying, he eats so much that even his alcohol craving dies down. He is also calling out Jungkook for being an alcoholic. Lol

Jungkook scoffed out of disbelief, trying to grab the pink haired male but he was quick to escape, laughing out with a wide grin etched onto his face.

"Taehyung-ah... you're gonna cook for me again right? Hm? Pretty please?" Jimin continued with a teasing tone, his hands grabbing the Detective's arms, peeking over his shoulders , as if Taehyung was some sort of human shield.

Taehyung visibly grimaced.

"Hya- you two... how old are you? Really?" Taehyung asked weakly, moving away from Jimin's hands.

"Older than Rome" the raventte replied without holding back whilst the pink haired male put his palm up, his short pudgy fingers milky white with its tips rosy pink.

Yep. That's the hand that twirls a sharp-looking knife around 24/7 as if it's some fidget spinner.

"Five!" He grinned

Taehyung stared, almost wanting to get hit by a truck.

He turned on his heels, making his way back to his house.

"Detective Kim! Aren't you going to invite me?! I walked all the way here with you! How am I supposed to get back?!'

"Nobody told you to get a sports car for work today-" Taehyung shot back, without turning around.

"I didn't know you liked the Bentley too much that you can't stand other cars Detective Kim- I promise I will bring it tomorrow hm?!"

Taehyung seriously wondered if the raventte even had a brain or he was just messing around him again.

Taehyung opened the door and Jimin skipped in, humming with delight.

"Detective Kim are you really not going to invite me?!hya- Detective Kim!!" Jungkook yelled, his eyes firm but full of mischief.

Taehyung sighed, holding onto the door.

"With the amount of times you've broken into my house... should you even be asking me for permission now?"

Jungkook grinned, trotting ahead towards the Detective.

"Its not breaking in Detective Kim... its called, spontaneous self-inviting." He gave a cheeky grin, his pearly whites visible "spo-nta-ne-ous self-inviting. Hm?"

He stood beside the Detective, their shoulders briefly touching.

"Ah... Detective Kim" he fake pouted, his hand pressing into his cheek "I don't think I have the courage to break into a Detective's house"

Jungkook shook his head, feigning a shiver and rubbing his own arms as he stepped into the house.

"Ah! Too scary to imagine! Too scary!"

Taehyung scoffed and then let out a chuckle, following his trail and closing the door behind him.

A light smile on his lips, he felt at ease. The atmosphere- was calming, although Jungkook and Jimin were acting way beneath their respective ages.

The evening soon drew it veils over the majestic sky and the Kim residence felt a little more lively than it ever was.

With sleeves rolled up, Jungkook sneaked into the kitchen to help the Detective, whilst Jimin took the privilege of being the couch-warmer.

Jungkook kept yapping around, a little change for the calming atmosphere of the kitchen and Taehyung would hum in repose or throw a few one-worded answers here and there.

With a decent dinner of rice and side dishes on the platter, the three settled down around the table.

Taehyung mostly kept to his usual silence, watching the other two bicker over- it was ridiculous sight. And even if Taehyung wasn't talking, he could feel his cheeks hurt from smiling too hard, time to time.

Watching Jimin be quite the expressive hot-head that he actually was, also astonished Taehyung.

Oddly enough, he enjoyed watching the male be absolutely ruthless and lively rather than watching him sulk around for days.

And Jimin seemed to be lively only when he was around Jungkook.

Taehyung smiled, looking down at his plate.

The two truly had a precious relationship... platonic... or not.

Jimin looked up as his eyes watched carefully, the tips of his chopsticks pressed to his bottom lip as Jungkook diverted his attention to Taehyung- or more like began irritating Taehyung.

The Demon, picked up a piece of carrot and began chewing on it, his mind a little too over the place.

Now with the new curtain drawn in front of him, he had grown more and more suspicious- skeptical even...

With watching things in an entirely different angle, all thanks to several 'certain someones', Jimin had the clocks in his mind, ticking and wheering.

And Jimin was no fool.

His eyes couldn't decieve him... not when, he has been observing it for so long after all.

He immidiately pulled a smile on his lips and laughed, when the two turned to look at him before going back to their silly debate.

He mentally let out a sigh of frustration.

Not knowing what it was in his heart that bothered him-

For the first time, Jimin didn't know what to do.

He couldn't give an answer.

He couldn't pick a side...

He truly, couldn't chooss between being loyal over his King and keeping him far away from a mortal- that's rumored to be his Queen.

And being protective over the very same mortal and keeping him away from his own master.

From his kind.

From the evil that coursed through their veins.

For the first time, Jimin wanted to protect someone other than his own King.

For the first time...

Jimin wanted to protect a friend.

______________

______________

Author's Note:

Lol I love the domestic atmosphere this chapter had- like parents cooking together and their child chilling out sort of trope? Yeah- I love that shit.

I don't really enjoy writing fillers, because personally I do not really like reading fillers... but oh well- it izz what it izz i guess

Thanks for the love and votes♡

Stay safe and warm ^_^

Love,
Jaye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

869 31 21
This is part 2 of my other vkook story. A bts fanfic. Please check out the other one to understand what happens in this story. there will be other sh...
11.9K 582 23
''𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐆𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞." Before they ran out from there, The main door of t...
242K 9.3K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
34.6K 1K 45
This book will soon be filled with Taekook oneshots that I hope you all enjoy. Feel free to request. This book mainly contains angst stuff. ━━━━━━...