Run with ME! (Haiji Kiyose X...

By YukoZuo

A 3rd year Health Science's student who enrolled in Kansei University have living her normal life quite the s... More

Morning Jog
Chikusei-so
Track and Field Club
New Sparks
First Training
Yaokatsu
Her Past
Friends?
Future Job
Reality
Iwatobi
Honest Confession
My Story
Rank
Training Camp
A Little Bit Different
Another Chance
Ouji Conquered Time!
Pray
Win and Then...?
The Beginning
The Middle (Part 1)
The Middle (Part 2)
The Ending
After Story
The Match and The Deal
Nira's Story
Bonus (Part 1)
Bonus (Part 2)
Married Arc (Part 1)
Married Arc (Part 2)

Answer

167 5 0
By YukoZuo

"I'm coming in", I said casually as I slipped off my sandal and placed it neatly at the corner. Walking through the hallway, the smell of grilled meat wafted from the kitchen. Oh, Nii-san did say they got meat as a present from the fan club. I peek into the kitchen and see no one. They must have done eating and are currently chatting upstairs by now. I could hear loud voices from the room upstairs. A sound of footsteps coming down the stairs made me jump a bit but soon regained my composure back when I saw it was Haiji carrying empty dishes.

"Oh, (Y/N)-san. Sorry for not welcoming you. Did you just got here?", he asked as he walked passed me towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, I should say sorry because I came later than I promised. Sorry, It's almost 10 o'clock...", my head hung low in disappointment.

"Ahahaha, it's fine! I'm really glad you could make it", Haiji smiled gently which surprised me in the moment. My eyebrows knitted as I focused on his face. That's when I noticed, his cheek is a bit red.

"Haiji-san... you have been drinking right? No wonder you're smiling weirdly...", I sighed as I rolled up my sleeve. Without saying another word, I take the wet dishes Haiji washed and start wiping them then place them at the supposed place. Sensing someone grinning, I glare towards Haiji. "Please stop grinning like that, I'm just worried if the plate might break considering your current state", I plead, more like warning him to stop his drunk act.

"Yes, (Y/N)-san. Ah, let's talk in my room. You go first, I'll bring a drink later", he said as he wiped his wet hands, opening the refrigerator to take the drink. I just nodded then walked to his room, too lazy to say any reply.

🍃

The wind that sometimes blows gently in the night accompanies the silence between us. We both sit in front of the opened window, gazing into the dim yard outside.

"It was four years ago, I received news from the doctor that I developed a stress fracture. He told me that I should avoid any training that involves knees movement but I ignore his advice and end up totally broken. Patella fracture or simply said, broken kneecap. That was the starting point where I can no longer join or participate in any training nor competition", his gaze casted downwards.

"Honestly speaking, I joined the track and field not of pure interest. More like following the flow of having a father that works as a coach in my high school. I lose all hope, knowing I can no longer run as much as I wanted to. Why was my body so weak? Why can't I overcome such problems? Those questions keep running inside my mind. But, that was the moment I realized how much I actually want to run. Wanting to know how it really feels to run. Not to win but to search for the meaning of running. All my life, I have never felt so determined to run", a light chuckle escaped his lips as Haiji's eyes glanced at the dark sky.

"I underwent a surgery, fixing the bone and had to practice walking on two feet again like a toddler. The healing process was suffering to the point you might want to give up on your own legs. Those suffering moments were what made me strongly desire to run again. This time, with my own teammates", Haiji smiled, determination obviously shown on his face. I bit my lips after he finished his whole story of the scar. My head hangs low, hiding my current expression.

"What's wro-", I cut Haiji off.

"I'm envious of you, Haiji-san... Despite all of the pain you felt, you were able to muster back your courage and have a strong determination to run again. Compared to me, I didn't have any complication about my health or physical abilities. I could still swim but I was too weak. I lost hope and gave up on my only sparks... You're...", I stopped as I searched for the right word. Right, only one word could describe him now.

"...strong", I finished, showing him a smile that I could muster. The pain in my heart grew when I thought about my weak self. Only if I could be a lot stronger, maybe I...

"You're wrong, (Y/N)-san. I am not strong by myself. Because everyone here in Aotake, I could run again. And, you're not weak at all. Rather, I'm impressed of you to be able to keep on smiling when you lose your spark. We are strong because everyone supports us. The same goes for you, right?", Haiji said gently, placing a hand on my head. His warm hand felt so reassuring. The pain in my heart went away in an instant. Instead, a wave of nostalgic feelings hit me. Those warm and comfortable hands that I longed to feel since my parents were gone. He gave it to me again. Ahh... this is no good, I can't hold it in any longer...

Droplets of water fell down to the ground, leaving the stain on the carpet. The tears that flow out of my wide eyes trail down my cheeks. All my effort to contain the tears break in a second. How long has it been since I last cried? Ahh, that's right. I always put up a strong front to hide my weak side. Ever since that fateful summer day. Is it okay for me to cry? No, I shouldn't cry when it is Haiji-san that feels the pain. I must hold it-

"It's fine, cry when you want to (Y/N)-san", he said while caressing my head gently, shifting closer to me. I was about to give in to his kind voice and cried my heart out when I realized something is wrong. Shaking my head in denial, I lift his hand away from my head.

"No, I won't cry anymore because...", I trailed off while wiping my tears. I turn around with furrowed eyebrows. "You have been drinking and it sounds weird to suddenly hear that coming from you Haiji-san! I don't like it when people comfort me in a drunken state, it feels like... the kindness is from the alcohol!", I declared as my finger pointed at the can of beers in his other hands. He looks at me with wide eyes as I continue rambling on.

"At the first place, I wanted to take that beer from you but when thinking that it might help you calm down as you were telling me about your past, I decided to just keep quiet. But it turns out I got carried away and showed my weakness, there's no way I'm going to keep on crying!", by the time I realized it, I was already standing up and huffing after all the rambling. Haiji blinked for a second before bursting out a laugh. I could feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment of saying too much in someone's house.

"S-sorry for rambling too much... I'll close the window, you should always keep warm right?", I quickly closed the window and fixed the curtain.

"As I thought, I'm glad that we met. We wouldn't be able to go this far without your support. Of course, Hana-chan and the others too. But, I am more glad that you can cry in front of me", he smiles with closed eyes, tilting his head to the side. I lost for words as my heart was pumping faster.

"D-don't say such thing with that face, it feels weird...", I mumbled, clutching my shirt.

"Hm? Did you say anything?", Haiji asked, catching me mumbling.

"No, nothing. Anyway, the important thing is you must go see the doctor as soon as possible. We must make sure your leg is fine", I said, sitting down opposite of Haiji after regaining my composure.

"Yeah, I planned to go next week. Thanks for your concern", he nodded, taking another gulp from the can.

"It's nothing, I just want to make sure everyone is well. Just remember no to push yourself too hard", I advised then standing up, ready to take my leave.

"Are you going home already? You don't even take a drink yet", he refers to the untouched drink he offered. My eyebrows twitch in annoyance.

"I said already that I can't drink beer because I need to drive later... Why do you even ask the same thing again?", I growled lowly to control my anger. He only keep on grinning innocently with his red cheek. A sigh escapes my lips as I shake my head. "I'll take my leave now. Thanks for having me. Oh, let me know what the doctor says too. See you, Haiji-san", I nodded one last time before exiting his room.

"Really, Haiji-san is reckless...", I chuckled to myself.

🍃

A long satisfied sigh left my lips as I walked out of the bathroom, fully refreshed after the hot bath. A towel wrapped on my wet hair loosely.

"After the bath is the milk", I hummed lightly as I made my way to the kitchen. Suddenly, the front door opened and Hana walked inside. She's still in her uniform. "Welcome back Hana", I greeted, then continued trudging in the kitchen to take a mug of hot milk I prepared beforehand.

"I'm back (Y/N)-nee. Ahhh, I'm tired...", she sighed, making her way to the stairs and up to her room. While I was enjoying the warm heat from the mug as I drank the milk, my phone ringing on the table. Leaving the warm sensation of the mug, I take the phone and answer the call.

"Yes Nii-san, what's wrong?", I said as soon as I picked up the call.

"Can you come and help me a moment? I lost the truck's key and couldn't find it anywhere. Do you mind bringing me the spare key?", he asked with a troubled tone.

"Okay, I don't mind. The spare key is the one with a truck keychain right?", I asked while checking on the many keys hanging at the key holder.

"Yup, that's the one. Thank you (Y/N). You don't have to rush, just come before the shop closes", Nii-san said with the voice of a customer in the background.

"I got it. Then, see you", I said, ending the call. "I better give it sooner. Though, I'm sure he just misplaced it as usual", I shake my head, remembering how often Nii-san misplaced things. I wonder how he can manage his shop well. That's right, I forgot to give Aotake's guys their winning chocolate. I'll stop by there before going back home.

🍃

"Then, I'll take my leave first. Don't worry about dinner, I'll cook it after I arrive home", I said as I push the bicycle's stand, ready to ride it back home.

"Thanks as always (Y/N), careful on your way back!", Nii-san said, waving off a goodbye. I nodded before taking off with Hana's bike I borrowed.

Pedalling the bike at the side of the road, I take the time to enjoy the wind blowing into my face. The sky that has turned orange as the sun is setting is relaxing. My damp hairs dance along the wind as I let them dry along the process. It's cold but at the same time it feels refreshing. Having your hair fly free feels nice but the effect that comes after that is unpleasant. Your hair will stand out in an unkept style, as if you had just run a miles long. Yup, like Kakeru's hair but longer.

Speaking of him, I have arrived in Aotake only to see him and Musa walking inside the house with one more person. He has a tall figure and unfamiliar face. The unfamiliar person waits outside with a paper bag and a camping bag hanging on his shoulder. He turned his head to look around only to meet my figure waiting at the entrance. We both locked eyes for a second before I nodded and got off the bicycle. Guiding the bike at my right side, I walk further into the area and park the bicycle in front of Aotake. Before I could say anything, the person introduced himself.

"Good evening, I'm Fujioka Kazuma. I believe we have met before, do you still remember?", he started, placing his bags on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I remember... Ah, my name is (L/N) (Y/N)", I bowed a bit in an apologetic manner, fixing my hair in case they were messy.

"No, it's okay. At that time, we just exchanged looks. It was on the last track meet in Tokyo Sports University, I was there with Haiji and then you came to greet him", he explained, crouching down to Nira and stroking her fur.

"Is that so... Are you here to see Haiji-san?", I asked as I also crouched down and watched Nira rolling on the ground, wagging her tail gleefully.

"Yeah, I wanted to pay him a visit before departing to China for training", he answered, rubbing Nira's stomach.

"I see...", I replied simply, wondering if Haiji is home right now considering what he told me the other day.

"Umm, it seems Haiji-san isn't back yet. He's not answering his phone either", Kakeru's voice came from behind and we turned around at the same time. "Eh, (Y/N)-san?", he questioned me when he noticed I was there too out of nowhere. I only wave hi to him, giving Fujioka space to talk.

"I see", Fujioka said, a bit disappointed

"I'm sorry", Kakeru apologized.

"Then, the next time I'll see him will be in the new year. Good luck to the both of us. Tell him that", he said to Kakeru.

"Yes", Kakeru replied with a serious face. I watch between the two guys. Next year... In Hakone Ekiden?

"(L/N)-san, please take care of Haiji. He is reckless and always does things in his own way, but he's a nice guy", Fujioka said with a composed smile. My eyebrows knitted in confusion at his words but decided to just bid him off farewell.

"Y-yeah, be careful on your way back Fujioka-san", I waved which he nodded and proceeded to sling his camping bag on his shoulder.

"I'll be waiting at Hakone!", Fujioka said his last words before walking out of Aotake. Once he is out of our eyesight, I turn to Kakeru.

"Why do I feel that he is entrusting Haiji-san to me?", I asked, sweat dropping in the process.

"I... don't know either", Kakeru answered, clueless as I am. "Ah, what brings you here (Y/N)-san?", he asked the question that has been bugging his mind. He bent down to take the bag of sweets from Fujioka.

"Ohh, I just want to drop by and give you this. Here, my surprise gift for everyone", I take out the bag of chocolates from my bag and hand it to him. Kakeru takes out one piece of the neatly wrapped chocolate and observes the semi-circle shaped chocolate. "I call it a winning chocolate! There's enough for everyone so make sure they eat it, okay?", I said then walk towards the parked bicycle.

"Yes, thank you", he thanked, slipping the chocolate back into the bag.

"By the way, Kakeru-kun, did the twin find the answer yet? The other day, they asked me what does reaching the top means but I couldn't answer them... They must have asked you a question similar to that right?", I asked, guiding the bike closer to Kakeru. He looks surprised but then his gaze lifts up the sky.

"No, we didn't find the answer yet. But, Haiji-san somehow has said things that calmed them down. I also feel a lot fresher hearing his words. Don't worry, we will definitely find the answer in Hakone Ekiden!", Kakeru said with a confident smile, his eyes burning in passion. Hearing his answer relieved my worry towards the twin. Seems like Haiji-san is controlling the situation well.

"That's relieving. I'm also looking forward to the answer!", I grinned, nodding at the same time. "Then, I'll see you later Kakeru-kun. Enjoy the chocolate with everyone", I get on the bicycle, giving him a wave before pedalling off from Chikusei-so.

🍃

Extra Scene
"Kakeru, this chocolate is...", Haiji trailed off as he took out the bag of chocolate from the fridge. Kakeru who is washing the dishes glance towards the chocolate Haiji is holding.

"Ah, (Y/N)-san came by earlier and gave that to me. It's a winning chocolate, make sure everyone gets to eat it, she said", Kakeru explained as he wiped his hands, finished washing the dishes. The rest of the guys who are currently enjoying the dessert brought by Fujioka choked on their own saliva at the mention of (Y/N)'s chocolate. Haiji's eyes widen in wonder at the name given to the chocolate.

"Well, she went out of her way to send this. Here, everyone must take one", Haiji gave one piece of the chocolate to each of the guys despite their nervous expression.

"O-Oi Haiji, are you serious?", Nico-chan Senpai stuttered, sweat dropped at the sight of the chocolate in his hand.

"We're harming ourselves you know...", Yuki's hand trembled, a chocolate between his thumb and index finger.

"This time with a different name though...", King gulped.

"(Y/N)-san made it for us though, it'll be a waste but...", Shindou tried to think positively even though he himself felt unsure. Musa couldn't say anything but nodded, forcing himself to agree with Shindou.

"This is the first time we are nervous...", Jota stopped, gulping for a second.

"...to receive chocolate from a girl", Joji continued, finishing Jota's sentence.

"Why is everyone...?", Kakeru had a confused look at the sudden drop of atmosphere around the guys. Ouji let out a short sigh before unwrapping the silver wrapper, revealing a white coloured chocolate. Everyone snapped their head towards Ouji, shocked at the sight of the contrast colour of (Y/N)'s chocolate. They got dark-brown chocolate before and now it's white?

"I won't throw it if I were you guys", Ouji simply said before eating the whole chocolate. Everyone's jaws dropped at Ouji's blunt act except Kakeru. Shrugging his shoulder, Kakeru also follows suit to eat the chocolate. His eyes lit at the taste.

"It's delicious", Kakeru commented with a surprise and an amazed aura. Without another second thought, Haiji popped the chocolate into his mouth.

"Hmm? It's amazingly good!", Haiji beamed out excitedly. Seeing the positive response from the three lads, the rest of the guys decided to try out the chocolate.

"What is this? This is way too delicious!!", the guys exclaimed loudly, the atmosphere brightened up. Then, they all began making a fuss over extra chocolate and saying stuff of how different the taste was from the first chocolate and the second one. Though, Kakeru was clueless about the first one causing the guys to make fun of his temper in the previous event.

"The first chocolate was bitter, representing the bitterness of reality that we have to face. The second chocolate has a mellow sweet taste, representing the sweet dream we want to achieve. By mixing the two together, it will become a balanced life. A complete sphere", Ouji explained the whole meaning of (Y/N)'s chocolate, a small smile adorned by how complex (Y/N) trying to convey her messages. Hearing Ouji's explanation, the guys grin, smile, and chuckle at the thought of (Y/N)'s messages.

"(Y/N)-san is right. We can bring together our reality and dream to get our ideal life. So, let's show her that we have properly received her message in the Hakone!", Haiji pumped up his fist in the air. His face was full of enthusiasm.

"Yeah!", the guys replied with the same amount of energy.

"Guess I still haven't understood (Y/N)-san enough huh...", Haiji muttered, wearing a disappointed smile. Ouji who sat near him heard that and replied, "No, I think you already are. (Y/N)-san has trusted you, better not break her trust", he said with his eyes glued to the manga in his hands. Casting his eyes downwards, Haiji remembered the doctor's words.

I need to tell her...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 566 47
MHA Athlete! Au (No Quirks Au) Katsumi Saino had always loved the feeling of winning, especially when it came to competing against others. So natural...
9K 310 23
"𝘿𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨~" 𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨. . Y/n Hane...
56.9K 1.8K 16
You lost your lover. He left you just like that,and then you saw him dead. You were alone untill about 2 years later you met this guy named Haise Sas...
247K 8.3K 17
In this story you meet Dragio. Her real name is unknown to you and everyone around here. Anyway, what happens when, one night, after a day running fr...