His Joy {Peter Parker X Stark...

By areyoutonystankk

"Friends. I have friends. Friends who aren't superheroes. Oh Josie, if only you knew." Ever since Afghanistan... More

{Quick message!}
{Intro}
{Josie meets the world}
{Josie meets school}
{Josie meets some random woman}
{Josie meets Peter}
{Josie meets overprotective Dad}
{Josie meets Obadiah}
{Josie meets celebrity crushes}
{Josie meets Tony, again}
{Josie meets academic decathlon}
{Josie meets birthdays}
{Josie meets Stark screaming matches}
{Josie meets flying}
{Josie meets Spider-Man}
{Josie meets her dad's suit}
{Josie meets Aunt May}
{Josie meets Iron Man}
{Josie meets forged signatures}
{Josie meets insane murderers}
{Josie meets Tony Stark}
{Josie meets the start of all her issues}
{Josie meets lying to Peter}
{Josie meets the truth}
{Part 2} || {When they argue}
{Josie meets the Stark Expo}
{Josie meets a hangover}
{Josie meets the new CEO}
{Josie meets Joselyn Stark}
{Josie meets Natalie Rushman}
{Josie meets crashing at Peter's}
{Josie meets Monaco}
{Josie meets total confusion}
{Josie meets Tony's attempt at food}
{Josie meets the Fun Avengers}
{Josie meets birthday parties}
{Josie meets homecoming}
{Josie meets hammeroids}
{Josie meets being alone in a crowded room}
{Josie meets heart-to-hearts}
{Josie meets apologies}
{Part 3} || {When they're happy}
{Josie meets awkward teenage relationships}
{Josie meets the Avengers Initiative}
{Josie meets a date}
{Josie meets Loki}
{Josie meets banana splits}
{Josie meets the battle of New York}

{Josie meets emotional trauma}

1.8K 32 4
By areyoutonystankk

February 7 2008

Tony speeds through Malibu with the roof down. Josie sits in the passenger seat, with the wind whipping through her long, chestnut hair. She squeals with excitement and giggles loudly. Tony glances over at her and he can't help but grin at his little Joy. Happy drives behind them as quick as he can, but there's no way he can keep up with Tony's driving. Eventually, they pull to a sudden stop at the airport and Tony hops out the car, picking up Josie and carrying her out the car.

"I can walk, I'm six.", Josie says.

"Well soon you'll be too big for me to carry. I'm making the most of it whilst I still can.", he tells her.

Rhodey is stood on the steps to the plane, with his arms folded, glaring at Tony.

"Please tell me you're not bringing Josie.", he says.

"No, I'm not that bad at parenting. She just wanted to say goodbye to me.", he explains, as Happy pulls into the airport, "You're good! Oh, we thought we lost you back there.", he laughs.

"You did, sir. I had to cut across Mulholland.", Happy says.

"Ahh, I got you. I got you.", Tony nods, then puts Josie down, "I've got to go now, Jellybean. I'll be back before you know it."

"In time for the dance recital on Saturday?", she double-checks.

"Yes, it's not until Saturday, I'll be home way before then.", he brushes her hair out of her face then kisses her forehead.

"Okay, I love you.", she hugs him tightly.

"I love you too, Joy.", he smiles at her, then starts to walk to the plane.

"What's wrong with you?", Rhodey asks, as Happy takes Tony's bags and begins to walk towards the jet.

"What?"

"Three hours."

"I got caught doing a piece for Vanity Fair.", technically he's not lying.

"For three hours. For three hours you got me standing here."

Tony walks straight up to him and onto the plane, "Waiting on you now. Let's go. Come on. Wheels up! Rock and roll! Bye Jellybean!", he calls behind him and disappears onto the jet.

*     *     *     *     *

Later that day, Tony and Rhodey were sat on the jet, high up in the sky.

"Tony, what was that?", Rhodey asks.

"Really, Rhodes, you still mad at me for being late? Josie was kicking up a fuss about me coming and it's Pepper's birthday. Did you know about that? I swear it was her birthday like last month.", Tony rambled.

"No, it was her birthday last year. I'm not mad about you being late. Not that mad. I'm angry at you because you were driving seventy in a fifty zone.", Rhodey glares at him.

"So what? The roads were practically empty.", he shrugs.

"Yes, but Josie was in the passenger seat. What kind of example are you setting for her?"

"What's the harm in having a bit of fun? She was upset and it cheered her up. She's six, it's not like  I've unleashed a dangerous driver onto the streets of Malibu."

A flight attendant walks over, "Good morning, Mr. Stark. Hot towel?"

He takes one, "Thank you. Heat up the sake, would you?"

"No, I'm not drinking. Tony, you're being irresponsible.", Rhodey takes a towel.

"It would be irresponsible to not drink."

"I'm talking about Josie.", says Rhodey.

"Oh, would you calm down about it? I'm her father, I know what's best.", he declares, adamantly.

"Do you? What if you'd lost control of the wheel? What would you have done then? At that speed, a crash could be- In fact, a crash would be deadly.", Rhodey says, this shuts Tony up, "Tony, you need to start thinking about Josie's best interests. You need to stop being so reckless. You're not immortal. Neither is Josie."

"Well neither of us have died yet, so you can't prove that. Contrary to popular belief, I do have Josie's best interests in mind. I always put her first. Now, are you going to have a drink, or are you just going to insult my parenting abilities?", Tony looks out the window, as the flight attendant pours the sake.

"Whatever you say."

*     *     *     *     *

"That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it. And it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you, the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves.", he signals to the missiles and they take their aim, "For your consideration, the Jericho.", the missiles fire and explode in a massive show of flames and smoke behind him. The impact can be felt where they're stood, it knocks Tony forwards and literally blows all the soldiers' hats off. He walks off and takes a glass of scotch from a portable bar, "I'll be throwing one of these in with every purchase of five-hundred million or more. To peace.". His phone starts to ring in his pocket, he picks up the call, "Hey, Jellybean."

"Are you almost home yet?", Josie asks down the phone.

"I've just finished my weapons presentation, I should be back tomorrow. Shouldn't you be in bed?", he asks.

"I couldn't sleep, I miss you. Oh, and Happy snores so loud, I can hear him from up in my room."

He chuckles, "I miss you too. I go away all the time, why are you so upset about this?"

"I have a bad feeling, I don't know, stay safe.", she tells him.

"I will do, don't worry. I love you, Jellybean.", he says.

"I love you too.", she says, then hangs up.

He quickly calls his business partner and lifelong friend, Obadiah Stane, then gets in the car.

As the door closed, Rhodey walked over to him, "Hey, Tony!"

"I'm sorry, this is the fun-vee, the hum-drum-vee is back there.", he says.

"Nice job.", Rhodey nods slightly.

"See you back at base.", says Tony.

Then, they set off back to the jet, and, well, we all know what happened next. The explosions, the shooting, the yelling. All he can think about is Josie, she was right. It'd always been Tony and Josie against the world. He can't leave her alone. He has to get back to her.

*     *     *     *     *

"That was amazing, Joselyn, you seem to be all ready for Saturday. Who's coming to watch you?", Miss Harcecker asks.

"Um, my dad and his assistant, Pepper.", Josie tells her.

"Well, they'll be very impressed. Shall we run it from the top, then I'll let you get home.", Miss Harcecker says.

"Okay.", as Josie goes back to her starting position, there's a knock at the door.

Miss Harcecker goes to it and opens it slightly, "Do you mind coming back later? I'm in the middle of an important rehearsal."

"I need to speak with Joselyn, I'm Pepper Potts, her father's assistant.", Pepper says.

"Oh, come in then.", Miss Harcecker opens the door, and Pepper walks in. Her eyes are red and her usually rosy cheeks are bright red and puffy as if she's been crying.

"Pepper, are you okay?", Josie rushes over to the woman.

"It's your dad, Josie.", Pepper says, sitting down with Josie on a bench at the side of the room.

"What? Did something happen to him?", panic started to rise in her voice.

"Sweetheart, he's- he's gone missing. The convoy he was in was attacked and they believe he's been kidnapped.", Pepper cries.

"What? No. No.", Josie shakes her head and tears immediately stream down her face.

He's gone. He's really gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634 33 25
This is my very first story that I'm putting out in the world so here goes absolutely nothing. I write Peter Parker sickfics for fun and I thought wh...
26.5K 788 53
Nora Reynolds didn't ask anyone to save her. And yet, Tony Stark seems to be intent on doing so anyways, becoming her legal guardian after her father...
33.9K 872 22
Ever since you've claimed your last name, Stark, everything is different. You not only got a dad, but a huge family (the Avengers, and Linda, of cour...
4.8K 91 28
This story takes place after the guys trip to Europe. With the death of Tony Stark still haunting him, Peter is back to being that "friendly neighbou...