Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Phobia Factor (2/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (1/3)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅

1.6K 33 0
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

Our campers faced their first challenge.

Alexandra and Justin had a chance to meet the local fauna.

Team Bass sank to the bottom, and it looks like they're heading to the elimination ceremony.

Will they turn the tables?

When Katie and Sadie came back, we could finally start our walk. I was peacefully pushing my crate when whining started.

-Ooh, it's really itching now.

-Mine feels like it's burning.

-Okay, I have to scratch.

Two friends crazily scratch their buts, looking helpless.

-You guys are way behind the other team. Like, way behind. What's the problem?- Chris rides up to us on his quad.

-Their butts are itchy.- Courtney explains.

-Did you guys squat down when you peed in the woods?- Bridgette asks them and starts her little investigation.

-Yeah.

-Did you happen to notice what kind of plants you were squatting over?

-They were kind of oval-shaped and green and all over the place.

- Were they low to the ground, about this big?

As they nod, I start to laugh, knowing what happened. I've spent most of my holidays camping in forests and learned a lot about plants.

-You guys squatted on poison ivy.- I explain and high-five Bri.

-What do we do? Oh, no!

-No way. That's awesome.- Chris also laughs.

-Somebody, help us!- They cry for help.

-If I know something about dealing with poison ivy, you have to wash the place of injury. Here, take this.- I pick out a small bottle of soap from my bag and throw it at them.- Come on, guys. Let's leave them to this.

-How many things do you carry with you?- Duncan asks.

-Enough to always find a solution. Haven't you heard about the magic of a woman bag?- I nudge him.

-Maybe, I haven't met the right girl yet.- He winks.

While Katie and Sadie try to take care of their problem, the rest of us continue the journey to the campsite.

-Finally.- Harold collapsed on the grass. I pat his back reassuringly.

-Hey, what's up, guys?-Trent approaches us.

-You know just pushing some heavy boxes.- I shrug.

-I'm glad you made it.- He smiles at me.

-Hey, aren't you missing a couple of white girls?- Leshawna asks.

-They're getting a drink.- Courtney explains.

-Yeah, if they drink with their butts.

-Haha, that's funny.

Harold snickers with Ezekiel.

I can see Heather in the distance dragging Lindsay along the way.

Something is fishy. I stealthily follow them, hearing their conversation.

-Did you mean all that stuff you said to Lefonda back there?- Lindsay questions.

-Leshawna. Hah, no. She's going down. And P.S. those are the ugliest earrings I've seen in my life.

-Oh. So if you hate her, why were you being nice?

-Have you ever seen one of these shows before? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

-Oh. I'm your friend, right?

-Oh, yeah, for now.

That manipulative witch, I have to warn Leshawna.

-There is only one person I'd like to get rid of first.- Heather states.

-Who?

-And who do you think? Alexandra, of course. She may think she's safe now. She won't even realize what hit her.

It takes all my will to don't reveal myself. But I keep my anger inside and hurry back to my team. The moment I walk in, I see Geoff standing on a crate.

-Okay, dudes, it's not too late. We can do this.

-Okay, look, guys, we have a hot tub to complete, and we need a project manager. Since I've been a C.I.T. before, I'm electing myself. Any objections?

-Actually, I was thinking about Alexandra.- Bri confesses.- She makes me feel that everything is under control.

-Yeah, totally.- Geoff agrees.

-Looks like we made our choice here.-Duncan speaks.

-Agreed.- Eva ends the topic.

-Where is she, anyway?- Courtney huff.

-Right behind you. Any more injuries I should know about?

-I...

-Where do we begin, chef?- I pat her shoulder.

-Wait, you don't want to be a leader even though they want you to.

-Nah, it's not for me. Besides, you will make a better leader.

-Thank you.- She smiles.

-Where do we begin, Cyclops?- Duncan asks when the thing is settled.

-Open the crates. Bridgette, go find those itchy girls. We need all the help we can get.- Courtney gives us instructions as we start building a hot tub.

Time skip

As time is out, both teams wait for Chris's judgment. I look nervously at our tub, knowing there is no chance it'll be better than Gophers.

Great firstly Heather, then Courtney, and now this. How am I supposed to keep it together?

-You alright?- DJ put a hand on my shoulder.

He's the only one here, who can see my emotions. I usually hide them well enough, but he won't be deceived as easily as others.

-Can I have a hug?

-You don't have to ask. Come here.

I gladly hide in his muscular arms. My face on his chest, smelling his cologne, it's not too strong, which fits him.

I've always been a big cuddler. I can't help it.

-Ohh, how cute.

Bridgette fangirls at our sight. DJ is red as a tomato. I can feel my cheeks warm up, as well. We break the comforting hug and stand back from each other. Duncan glares at DJ, who takes one more step from me.

-This is an awesome hot tub.- Chris gives his opinion at Gopher's tub.

Then he starts to examine our work. He taps it in one place, and the whole thing falls to pieces.

-Well, I think we have a winner here... The Screaming Gophers. Gophers, you're safe from elimination and get to rock this awesome hot tub for the rest of the summer. Bonus! Killer Bass, what can I say? Sucks to be you right now. I'll see your sorry butts at the bonfire tonight.

When another team erupts with joy, we just stand here disappointed.

Cut to the Main Lodge

I come to the canteen as the last person when everyone is already seated at tables. After the challenge, I went for a walk and found a cozy nook next to the lake. It is a secluded beach with surprisingly clean sand and a shadowed grove. I was sitting there. I wrote in my diary about everything. I took photos with my polaroid camera and added them to my notes. I smoked a little and even started drawing a sketch. It helped me clear my mind. From now on, it is a place I'd love to go to every day.

I take an empty tray and walk up to Chef, welcoming him with a smile.

-Feeling better, soldier.

-Yes, sir.- I giggle at him.

-Good, I've got something for you. Come to the kitchen.

I use a wooden door to get inside, and he quickly jams some fruits and sweets into my bag.

-You need to eat something decent. Don't tell Chris about it.

-We've got a deal.- I smile at him.

I'm about to leave when an idea pops into my mind.

-Hey, Chef.- I take out my camera and gesture towards him to come closer. I quickly take two photos and give him one.

He takes it and ruffles my hair a little.

-You need to go now, your friends are waiting.

With one last wave, I leave the kitchen, grab my tray again, and make my way to the table. I sit between Duncan and Courtney.

-What were you talking about with Chef, princess?

-You'll find out soon.

-Why not now?- He questions me.

-It's not a place to talk about it.

-Ok, but once we're out of here, I want an explanation.

-Deal.

-Where were you anyway? Some of them were looking for you.- Duncan motions toward my team.

-And you weren't?- I playfully nudge him.

-I knew, you would come to me.

-You said that.

-So, where were you?

-It's for me to know, and for you to don't.

-You want it a hard way, then.

-Don't get too cocky, juvie.- I smirk.

-So--uh--what do we do now?- Katie says loud enough for everyone to hear.

-We have to figure out who we're gonna vote off.- Courtney states.

-Well, I think it should be our C.I.T. or the brick house here.- He says, pointing at DJ and her.

-What? Why?- Courtney whines.

-Because, unless I'm mistaken, you two are the only ones here wearing chicken hats, and if we ever have to lift a truck, I like our odds with the big guy.

-You guys need me. I'm the only one--

-We know, who used to be a real C.I.T. Who would you pick?- Bridgette speaks her mind, rolling her eyes at Courtney.

-What about him?- She gestures to Tyler.

-No! I mean, no salt. There's no salt on the table, bummer.- Lindsay yells, standing up from her seat.

-Hey, at least he jumped off the cliff, chicken wing.- Duncan objects to our 'leader's' choice.

-Shut up! Maybe we should vote you off!- Courtney scoffs.

-Okay, let's just chill out. This is getting way too heavy.- Geoff tries to calm everyone down.

-I've had enough prison food for one day. I'm gonna have a nap. You coming, darling?- Duncan asks me, extending his hand.

-You can't do that. We haven't decided who's going yet.- Courtney screams again and swats his hand.

-Well, I just don't get why we lost, eh? They're the ones that have six girls.- Ezekiel states confidently.

-What's that supposed to mean?- Bri stands up.

-Yeah, home school, enlighten us.- Eva bangs her fist at the table.

-Well, guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are.-Ezekiel adds.

-Oh snap, you did not just say that.- Geoff mumbles.

-My dad told me to look out for the girls here, eh? And help them in case they can't keep up.

-Still, think we need your help keeping up?- Eva grabs his neck, lifting him from the ground.

-Uh, not really.

I walk up to Eva and put my hand on her shoulder.

-Come on, that dumbass is not worth it.

-Okay, guys, let's give him a break. I mean, at least he doesn't think that guys are smarter than girls.- Geoff tries to control the situation.

-But they are.

It made Eva rush at him but, DJ and Geoff held her back.

-Learn some respect, asshole.

I say coldly, giving him my scariest glare. He becomes pale and retreats to the opposite end of the table.

I grab my bag, leaving the canteen and my arguing team behind.

-Hey, Alexandra, wait up.

-Justin? What's up?

-You said my charm is not enough, so I decided to show you I have more to offer. How about I take you for a walk?

-You know you're on the opposite team.

-So is Trent, yet you talk with him anyway.

-Hey!- I blush.

-Why can't we talk like you and him?

-You're right. My reaction was hypocrisy. I never said we can't talk, but look, right now, I'm pissed. I heard many times that I'm a weaker gender, and I just don't get it. It's so annoying when everyone puts you down. And when he said that...

-Why would anyone do this to you?

-You're a model, a perfect guy. You don't understand what it's like to be different. I was shy, and always a bit of a loner back in music school because of that. They always called me a loser.

-For me, you're far from being a loser. You don't look like one.- He tilts his head clueless.

-Right.- I sigh.- Look I could use some loneliness.

-Yeah, sure. I won't force you to talk with me anyway. I'm not like this.- He says, walking back to the canteen.

Great now, I feel like an asshole.

-Hey, Justin.- I call out to him.

-Yes?

I pick one chocolate bar from my bag and give it to him. He looks puzzled.

-A small present for being frosty.

-I can't eat sweets. I'm a model.

-Maybe, you'll make an exception and try to be a regular teen for a moment.

With that, I leave him to his thoughts.

Cut to the elimination ceremony.

-Dude, you've got a lot to learn about the real world.- Duncan says to Ezekiel.

-Killer bass, at camp, marshmallows represent a tasty treat, that you enjoy roasting by the fire. At this camp, marshmallows represent life.- Chris explains.

-You've all cast your votes and made your decision. There are only ten marshmallows on this plate. When I call your name, come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow tonight must immediately return to the dock of shame to catch the boat of losers. That means you're out of the contest and, you can't come back... Ever. The first marshmallow goes to... Geoff. Tyler.

-Katie. Bridgette. D.J, Harold.

-Sadie.

I feel anxious. What if Heather told them some lies about me, and they'll kick me out?

-Duncan.

-Alexandra.

I smile and take my marshmallow. Geoff puts an arm around my shoulder and high-fives me with his other hand.

-Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening.

-Courtney. Can't say I'm shocked. I saw you picking your nose, dude. Not cool. Dock of shame is that way, bro. The rest of you enjoy your marshmallows. You're all safe for tonight

Confessionals

Gwen: Yep, this camp pretty much still sucks. But now that I'm here, I guess I might as well try to win.

Alexandra: I survived. Now I need to talk to Leshawna before Heather starts to dig her grave. I just hope I'll have enough time before she digs mine.

Justin: She gave me a chocolate bar. No one ever gave me something like this. That girl, I have to know more about her.

Courtney: They can enjoy their little party all they want, but I am gonna win this competition, and no one gonna stop me, especially Alexandra. She may be kind, but I'll have an eye for her. I saw her talking with Trent, Gwen, and Justin. And she always disappears somewhere. She's hiding something, and I'll find out what.

When we walk back to our cabin, we pass Gopher's party.

-Alexandra, over here.- Trent calls out to me.

-What's up?

-I'm just glad that you're staying here with us.

-Trust me for a moment, I thought I was a goner.

-You're too good to go home so early.- Trent states.

-Thanks. I'd like to talk more, but I have something to do.

-Really?- He looks disappointed.

-Yep, enjoy the party, Trent.

-But...

I give him a wink and make my way to Leshawna.

-Hey, I need to talk with you. It's urgent.

-Ok.- We escape everyone's sight and hide in the forest.

-What is it?- She questions.

-Look, I like you, and I want you to know I'm being honest now. I heard Heather talk with Lindsay about kicking you out of the show.

-What?!

-I know, how it sounds, but please trust me.

-That skinny snake! Thanks for telling me.

-There's something more.

-Shoot.

-She said she wants to get rid of me also. I'm afraid she'll try to manipulate my team.

-I'm not letting her do that. Oh, she doesn't even know what she started. No worries, I'll show her her place.

-Thank you, Leshawna. But I'm not sure about it.

-Wait, why?

-She could make us look like bad guys if we act foolishly.

-So, what do we do?

-Let's wait for her to move. Once we have evidence, she won't get away with it.

-Sounds good to me.

-Tell me if anything happens.

-You have my word on that.

-Great, now I should go back to my team before Courtney snaps at me again. Night, Leshawna.

-Night, Alexandra.

I quickly make my way to my cabin. I grab my bag and gather all of the girls, leading them to the boy's side. I knock on the door. DJ, in his pj's, opens the door.

-Oh, Alexandra, what is it? Did something happen?

-I've got something for you guys. Can we come in?

-Yeah, sure.

I make my way inside and stop in the middle of the cabin.

-So, what do you have, Alexandra?- Bri asks excitedly.

I open my bag, and their eyes shine with pure joy. Everyone chose a treat and ate it happily.

-How?- Courtney asks.

-Let's say I know a guy.

-No way. Did Chef give you those?-Duncan says.

-Maybe.

-Girl, you're the best.- Bri embrace me in a tight hug.

-You're so sweet to share it with us.- Sadie adds.

-Yeah, totally.- Katie agrees with her BFF.

-We're a team. I know I wasn't the best help today, so I can support you that way.

-Are you kidding? You were awesome today. You jumped from the cliff, pushed that crate all the way, and helped out girls thanks to your first aid.- Geoff says.

-Yes, listen to Geoff.- DJ agrees.

-Thanks. I think it's high time I called it a day. Good night everyone.

I yawn and send them one last smile.

Preview

Coming up...

Things get complicated for Alexandra and Leshawna.

The second challenge gets an advantage over our campers.

And I can smell something romantic in the air.

Who'll win? Who'll lose? Who'll cause the most drama?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606 41 12
In a last ditch attempt to keep Total Drama alive after Chris's imprisonment, Topher and Sierra recruit new teenagers to partake in a new season on a...
82.7K 1.5K 39
started july 2021 ended october 2021 - ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌserənˈdipədē/ the occurrence or development of events by chance in a beneficial way; findin...
105K 2.5K 27
Twenty-three competitors. One winner. New relationships. Crazy Friendships. Crazier Enemies. (Duncan X Female!OC)
24.6K 460 11
I love Total Drama Island so much that I just HAD to write a duncney fic! WARNING! Will include lemons. If you are uncomfortable then I am sorry.