The Billionaire's Extraordina...

By island_rose

No one deserves to be stuck in a complicated love triangle with their arranged husband and his girlfriend, es... More

Chapter 1: Black Sheep Of The Family
Chapter 2: An Unwelcome Change
Chapter 3: Meeting The Billionaire and His Girlfriend
Chapter 4: Life's A Mess
Chapter 5: The Wedding Reception
Chapter 6: Sleeping Beauty And Prince Charming
Chapter 7: Prince Charming Or Bipolar Beast?
Chapter 8: Solo Beach Picnic
Chapter 9: Unplanned Laughs, Wishes and Memories
Chapter 10: Deep Blue Underworld
Chapter 11: Tears He Doesn't Deserve
Chapter 12: The One Who Cares
Chapter 13: Nick, Hugs, Surprises and Plans
Chapter 14: Catching Feelings
Chapter 15: Broken Promises
Chapter 16: Undecided
Chapter 17: An Arguementative Liberty
Chapter 18: A Taste Of His Own Medicine
Chapter 19: Husband and Wife Secrets
Chapter 20: Finding Common Ground
Chapter 21: The Special Friendzone
Chapter 22: Memory Imprints
Chapter 23: Insecurities
Chapter 24: Untamed
Chapter 25: The Unforseen
Chapter 26: The Innocent Victims
Chapter 27: Mom Knows Best
Chapter 28: Gambling With My Life
Chapter 29: Blazing Sting
Chapter 30: Losing All Sanity
Chapter 32: Saving Grace
Chapter 33: A Passion For Escape
Chapter 34: Bittersweet Reunion
Chapter 35: Steamy And Unforgettable
Chapter 36: Sizzling Sensations
Chapter 37: Sweet To Sour
Chapter 38: The More The Merrier
Chapter 39: The Art Of Pleasure
Chapter 40: Sticking Together
Chapter 41: Overwhelming Emotions
Chapter 42: Fulfilling Desires
Chapter 43: What Is Love?
Chapter 44: Too Late?
Chapter 45: Misunderstandings
Chapter 46: No Saint
Chapter 47: Fought Battles
Chapter 48: The Prowess Of A Wife
Chapter 49: Melting Softly
Chapter 50: Intimacy
Chapter 51: Plans Gone Awry
Chapter 52: Tricked And Punished
Chapter 53: Without Wishing
Chapter 54: Sweet Distraction
Chapter 55: Brazilian Encounter
Chapter 56: High Hopes
Chapter 57: Steamy Escapade
Chapter 58: Goodbyes
Chapter 59: I Love You
Chapter 60: Deep Inside
Chapter 61: Blazing Flame
Chapter 62: The Unexpected
Chapter 63: Sexy Seductress
Chapter 64: Suspicious Mistakes
Chapter 65: Eventful Friday
Chapter 66: Drunk In Love
Chapter 67: Passionate Intimacy
Chapter 68: The Prowess Of A Husband
Chapter 69: Late Night Call
Chapter 70: Deep In Love
Chapter 71: Favourite Addiction
Chapter 72: Apart And Distraught
Chapter 73: Pillow Talk
Chapter 74: You're Mine
Chapter 75: Mysterious Package And Setup
Chapter 76: Broken Hearts
Chapter 77: Heartbreaking Moments
Chapter 78: Stay With Me
Chapter 79: Broken And Empty
Chapter 80: Threats And Changes
Chapter 81: Ugly Confrontation
Chapter 82: The Game Has Changed
Chapter 83: Strength And Resilience
Chapter 84: Truths Revealed
Chapter 85: Mission Accomplished
Chapter 86: Happy Place
Chapter 87: Unquenchable Desire
Chapter 88: Perfect Match
Chapter 89: Forever Yours
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter 31: Opportunities Unleashed

42.8K 1.4K 214
By island_rose

Jayden's POV

I woke up on yet another day without her. Fridays were always my favourite but this Friday and the previous one were hell for me. This particular Friday marked eight days without Kyra.

As I showered, I remembered our last moments together. I remembered telling her I'd be able to live without her for an entire lifetime. That was one of the biggest lies I had ever told.

I missed her and it was driving me insane. I wondered what she was going through. I wondered if she was eating any food and if she had someone to take care of her.

I had to find her. The previous day I had visited the detective in charge and there wasn't really any helpful information. Trevor really covered his tracks pretty well.

One thing was for sure. He was going to suffer for all the pain he put us all through. He was going to pay for touching Kyra, my wife.

Monica was finally up and fit to talk. She first had to go through guidance and counselling sessions and a lot of stuff for her mental and physical health. According to Nick, she was really strong and pulling it off the Monica style.

I had plans to visit her that morning. I had to hear everything that happened. Despite that, she was my friend. I had to be there for her.

I dressed up and grabbed my cellphone. I had a new one. The last thing I needed was pressure from the media and a score of strangers. I didn't want anyone's sympathy. It just made me weaker.

I looked at my reflection in the full body length mirror. I wasn't myself anymore. I had shaded off some weight. I looked pale.

My interiors were worse. I was stressed out and I had all my feelings troubling me. Everything happened with no warning. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out alive. Everything hurt. I seriously needed a doctor.

The door was opened after a brief soft knock. Kylie walked in wearing a casual outfit. She had been very supportive throughout the process. She understood me in ways I appreciated.

She approached me and hugged me then she pecked my lips. It wasn't the same anymore. She wasn't the one completely dominating my mind. Another woman was on my mind.

"Jay, you're not doing well. You look really sick and stressed out," Kylie commented, snaking her hands around my neck.

"This has been a really emotional week for me. I've never been through anything like this before. I feel like it's my fault she's not here with us today," I confided in Kylie. She looked understanding and she was listening attentively.

"We'll find her. Yes, she cries over every silly thing but she's been through a lot of tough things and she has overcome them. She's a strong woman. She'll make it out alive, trust me," she assured me. I wondered if she was being genuinely nice or if she was just putting up an act.

"Thanks for your support, Kylie."

"She's nice. I'm just worried about you. You haven't been the same over the past week."

"I'm sorry. Kyra is the only person I have on my mind right now. I can't focus on anything else until I find her and she's safe and healthy. You get what I'm saying right?" I told her, cupping her cheeks with my warm hands.

Kylie nodded, looking into my eyes. She had tears in her eyes.

"Do you want a break from our relationship?" she asked me, forcing a smile.

"I love you, Kylie, but the situation is not in our favour right now. I don't want to hurt you in the process. I just need a little bit of time to work on myself and finding Kyra. I have to make things right. I can't bring you down with me."

"You're right. I've been thinking about it a lot over the past week. It's not your fault you got married. You were just a victim of the circumstances. I know you love me. I love you too. That's why I'm giving you time to sort out your relationship with Kyra. After that, we'll be together as a couple without having to hide our relationship."

"I'm sorry, Kylie."

"We are just taking a break from our romantic relationship. We can still be friends. Soon we'll be together again as a happy couple and get married. We can have babies too."

"Are you sure about this? Do you really want this?" I asked her, wiping away the tears that fell down her cheeks. She nodded and we hugged.

I didn't know how to react. This was a much needed break but was it fair? Would it help me sort out my relationship with Kyra in any way? Would my feelings for Kylie remain the same?

We let go of each other and she wiped away her tears. She smiled, this time genuinely.

"This was a big decision. No one should know. This is just between us. I'm not giving you a license to fall in love with Kyra or another woman. I'm just giving you time to sort out all your relationships before marrying me. I'm going to be Mrs Montero. Promise me, Jayden."

"I promise, Kylie. Thank you for understanding my situation," I thanked her and she nodded. She smiled and hugged me again.

"I have to go now. Lisa needs me. She's been going through hell these past few days. I'll call you later. Martha made amazing food. Eat it. Take care of yourself. I'll come and check on you."

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. Take care."

"Bye."

When Kylie left, I took a deep sigh of relief. At least I no longer had to worry about breaking Kylie's heart. She knew I'd be taking care of Kyra. I had to take advantage of this opportunity and figure out what the stars had planned for Kyra and I.

I went downstairs and I was greeted by an amazing aroma of my favourite pancakes and waffles. Martha walked up to me holding a tray with plates of waffles and pancakes. A cup of steaming hot chocolate coupled the amazing breakfast. It was part of my favourite breakfast.

"The Jayden I know can never resist these mouthwatering pancakes and waffles," Martha said, handing me the tray.

"Martha, I'm not hungry," I groaned, taking the tray anyway.

"I know you better than that. I made this food with love. Your dad already left for the office and he instructed me to make sure you eat something before you leave. I'm not taking no for an answer," she insisted.

I smiled at her then nodded. I went to the kitchen and ate there while she talked to me about random stuff. She was trying to get my mind off things but it wasn't really working.

I didn't eat much but at least it was something. She forced me to drink these other pills that tasted really bitter. I hated pills.

"Mr Garcia said he'd drop by for something he has for you. I thought it'd be rude to send him away so I told him to come over. I hope it's not a problem."

"Sure. I'll wait for him in the main lounge," I replied and she nodded. She was really warm.

I walked to the lounge and sat on the couch. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes again and I saw her picture. She was so beautiful. She looked happy and peaceful.

I remembered my dream just then. Everything crossed my mind that it could have been a warning. Maybe I should have acted fast. I had regretted enough already. There was no use crying over spilt milk.

Mr Garcia joined me a few minutes later wearing a formal blue tailored suit. He was aging gracefully and becoming richer by the day.

We greeted each other and talked about a few random things, my health and how I was coping up. He was the one who hosted that party the other day.

"I'm really sorry such a tragic event had to happen right after my party. I hope you find your wife really soon and safe. My family and I have been praying for you."

"Thank you, Mr Garcia. I really appreciate it."

"If you need any help with anything, I'm just a phone call away."

"Sure. Thanks."

"Well, I brought you a little something. I don't know if it'll cheer you up or just make matters worse. I promise my intentions are pure," he said, handing me an envelope.

I took it and opened it looking confused. They were photos. I took one out. They were from the party. The one in my hands was of Kyra and I in a corner, laughing about something. I remembered everything perfectly well. My eyes welled up. It was an emotional moment for me.

"I'll leave you alone, Mr Montero. We'll catch up later."

"Thank you, Mr Garcia. This really means a lot to me."

"My pleasure. I'll leave now."

I watched him leave as Martha escorted him out. I turned my attention back to the photos. They were about ten. Another really cute one was of her blowing a kiss towards me. The other one was of us waving at each other with these bright smiles on our faces.

I broke into tears. It hurt a lot. The memories were too painful knowing that it was possible that I'd never see her again. Her smile, her laughs, her pout, her jokes and her cute childish actions. I missed them all a lot. I missed our secrets as well.

I went back upstairs to my bedroom. I took my favourite and personal photo album then I added our photos together. I'd get them framed soon.

I opened the drawer to return the photo album and returned it. A small red box caught my attention. I took it and opened it. They were our wedding rings. I brushed my thumb against them. I recalled the day Kyra took off hers. I never really wore mine.

Maybe it was time to honour her. I needed something to remind me of her every time. I slipped off the ring Kylie gave me and wore my wedding ring. It still fit perfectly well. It was different from the one I usually wore but it was beautiful.

I returned the box and closed the drawer then left the house. Outside, I met Christian in his casual clothes. He looked better than the last time I saw him. I didn't even have the power to be angry at him.

"Why are you in your casuals?" I asked him.

"I came with my resignation letter. What happened was my fault. I...."

"You can take the weekend off but I want you back here on Monday. Burn that letter," I ordered him. I saw a smile creep up his face. He had been scared the whole time but he seemed relaxed now.

"Thank you, Sir and I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have left with her and I should have called for help earlier."

"It's fine. Next time you follow my instructions."

Christian promised to follow my instructions and then I let him off the hook. I got into a car with two bodyguards and the chauffeur drove us to the hospital.

I made it safely to the private ward where Monica was without paparazzi flashing pictures and asking me questions. I left the bodyguards by the entrance and proceeded forward on my own.

I saw Layton standing by the door, holding a bouquet of roses. I walked towards him and when he saw me, he hid the bouquet behind him.

"Roses?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Horrible timing, Jay," he remarked, sitting on the bench. I joined him.

I took one and smelled it. Freshly picked. He gave me a warning look.

"How romantic," I teased, putting it back in place.

"Not now please."

"So what's up? You brought her roses, romantic roses. Is something going on between you two?" I asked him.

"Nothing's going on. These are her favourite flowers. I'm just being nice."

"Does Nick know?"

"He doesn't and you're not telling him either," he warned, looking at me sternly. I laughed and threw my hands in the air. He was so similar to Kyra in ways even words couldn't describe. Adding Lisa to the package made it much crazier.

"Isn't it funny that the contract husband is suffering more than everyone else?" Layton remarked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Go ahead and rub it in," I sighed. He chuckled.

"You can talk to me, brother-in-law."

"Seriously, dude."

"What? Aren't we brothers-in-law?" he laughed.

"That reminds me. I'm not divorcing your sister no matter what happens. It's either the two of us decide on it or we stick to the contract. You can't decide that for us."

"What's the point anyway? You love Kylie, not Kyra."

"She's still legally my wife for the next seven months," I argued.

"Kyra needs someone who can take care of her."

"I can take care of her."

"With Kylie around that's impossible."

"I'm still not divorcing her."

"You can't fall in love with her, come hail come thunder."

"And who are you to declare that?" I asked him, staring back at him.

"I am Kyra's brother. I know I'm not the best brother in the world but I know you are a threat to her safety and peaceful living," he shot back.

"Why is that so?"

"Kylie is obsessed with you. She's capable of murder when it comes to you."

"She is not a murderer. Natasha was just a maniac. She forced her to act in that manner with her."

"Really, Jay? This is a fact and you know it. She'll hurt Kyra if you do anything with her."

"She has changed. She's very nice towards Kyra. She's been very supportive all along and she is as worried as we all are," I defended her.

"A tiger never changes its stripes."

"Can we stop talking about this?"

"Fine. Change of subject. Have you kissed her already? Okay, that's too easy. Have you made love to her?"

"Kyra is still the subject."

"Fighting with you is so much fun."

"You're so much like your sister. Frustrating and so much more," I grumbled. He laughed and messed up my hair.

"Don't play Kyra. Play your game but keep her safe. Don't involve her," he advised, his voice gentle. I nodded. We smiled at each other.

Just then, Nick opened the door. He was in work attire. Layton and I created space between us. We were weirdly close.

"Roses?" Nick asked, looking at Layton. Layton scratched the back of his head and looked at me.

"I brought them here. Her faves," I lied, smiling convincingly. He nodded slowly.

When he left, Layton and I got in to see Monica. She looked okay except for bruises and puffy eyes. I hugged her and held her hand.

We talked. She told me everything she knew. She knew nothing about the deal since she was unconscious by then. She was really strong.

She blamed herself for everything but I convinced her it wasn't her fault. She showed her full support. I couldn't wait to have the real Monica back.

I left her about an hour later with Layton. I didn't know what was really happening between them yet but she seemed really happy talking to him.

Now I had to deal with Kyra's case on my own. I closed my eyes and made a small prayer. I needed guidance. I needed a clue. Her father's death anniversary was coming up soon. She had to be there.

Just then, I got a call from Valencia updating me on important stuff I had to know. My dad handled most of the issues since he was the CEO at the moment. Kyle helped too with my personal issues. Best friend for life.

"One more thing, Natasha was here to see you half an hour ago. She waited for about an hour," Val informed me.

Weird. It had been long since we talked. She was a chapter I was past in my life.

"Did she leave a message?"

"No. Just the normal mean Natasha. She said she'd come back. It must be money related. She said it was personal."

"Fine. I'll see her then. Call me if she comes."

"Sure."

The drama in my life was already enough. What did she want? She was a painful memory. A horrible ex girlfriend. She humiliated Kyra months back. Was she back to rub in the fact that she was missing?

*********

Hi.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Enjoy your day.

~😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 117K 55
New release! (( This book is a sneak peek at what is now available on Amazon and FREE on Kindle Unlimited! There are 5 chapters available for you to...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
456 60 47
Like every other book worm, Tamina used to have that dream where a man would swoop in and buy that desired book, and that is how she meets Brandon. N...
10.4K 636 38
Jayce Mirella may just come to realize that she is not the only one that has been deeply scarred by her past as Rhys Chandler is unexpectedly hurled...