a christmas break | draco mal...

By lunaspuddin

a story of a witch that loved the night and stars too much and a boy that found comfort in the constellations... More

a christmas break
characters
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
playlist
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
dandelions
draco's necklace
please read!!

46

2.9K 105 21
By lunaspuddin

A day or two had passed since Astera saw Draco. He was kept in the Hospital wing and visits were limited. Draco was always surrounded by people healing and mending him that she could never possibly sneak in to see him. Once or twice did she catch Blaise and Pansy squeeze their way in at least for a few seconds.

And as she waited for the last nurse to leave the wing, Astera stood behind a wall, her eyes peeking ever so often and waiting to hear the doors open and close. She pressed her back against the wall as the only light was the moon and the fire on the walls, hearing the footsteps of the last nurse as she left Draco and walked down the stairs.

Astera moved quickly, using her hands to push open the doors and close them behind her. She looked and her eyes fell on his blond head easily, but he wasn't alone. Beside his bed was a black haired girl who sat in a chair with a book in her hands, lazily flipping through the pages as Draco quietly slept next to her.

The girl moved towards Draco's bed, slowly as she kept her eyes on Pansy and waited for her to look up and possibly destroy her with a look. In a way, Astera admired Pansy. Not because she was, well, Pansy, but because she had authority and made a name for herself just like that. Not everyone was able to do that.

"So, you're her," Pansy said, not looking up from the old book in her hands as Astera sat on the chair on the other side of Draco's bed. Her eyes scanned his pale face and closed eyes, not daring to touch him because she was scared he'd wake up.

"You know me?" Astera asked, finally acknowledging Pansy who was now staring at Astera like a prey, her eyes cold and piercing into hers.

"I know of you. He never told me you're name," Pansy looked at Draco for a moment and then back at the girl in front of her who, for some reason, seemed so much smaller and younger than her.

"He told you about me?"

"Eventually, yes. He didn't want to say anything, but... He talks in his sleep sometimes," Astera nodded, already giving Pansy the answer she needed, "I asked him when he woke up. And, he slipped that day when he got drunk."

"Oh..." was all she managed to say, looking down at him as his body laid motionless under the covers.

"I didn't thank you," Pansy said, getting a look from Astera, "When you brought him back. Thanks," the girl before her nodded, biting her lip as Pansy's aura and intimidation seemed to make her squirm under her gaze and shift in her seat, "So, it's true?"

"What is?"

"That he's in love with you."

Lilith sat there without a reaction. She looked at Draco and then back at Pansy, opening her mouth but, again, no words came out. Pansy smiled, chuckling quietly and turning her head.

"Look, I just needed to know who you were. I'm not here to judge you or to tell you to stay away from him like a possessive dog," said Pansy, surprising Astera, "But... Draco's my best friend. Even if right now we're kind of fighting. I get what you saw in him. So, if I see him that way again; dead inside, he won't just be mourning the fact that you're not his anymore. Got it?"

Astera's mouth felt dry as she nodded, "Y-yeah. Got it, thanks," she said, "I, erm... I'm glad he has you in his life. You're a good friend."

Pansy stood up, pulling her black shirt down over the hem of her skirt. She took her robe from the chair, putting it on and standing before Astera.

"It was nice meeting you, Astera."

The girl took Pansy's hand in hers, shaking it as Pansy's hands were a tad larger than hers, more slender and fingers accessorised with cold rings, "Nice meeting you too, Pansy."

The black haired girl left. She left Astera in the quiet and slightly lit up room all on her own as the only sound was the calm and steady breaths that left Draco's lips. She watched his chest rise up and down as his eyes remained closed, a hand over his stomach and the other on his side whilst his palm faced up.

From her pocket, Astera took out a ripped piece of paper with handwriting that was so messy you would not recognize as hers. She slightly opened his fingers, placing the paper in his palm and closing it gently. Her legs straightened up as she stood from her chair, moving her hair out of her face and kissing the top of his forehead, gently, careful not to wake him from his slumber.

She pushed open the doors on the room, exited and quietly walked herself back to the Ravenclaw common room. She was close, that is, until Harry had to stop her.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" she asked him, noticing his gaze and how his brows were knit together as if he was studying her, looking at her like he knew a piece of information that she did not.

"Could ask you the same. This isn't your part of the castle."

"Neither is it yours," she said, tilting her chin up and showing dominance as he stood with the same set of confidence she walked with, "If you have something to say, I suggest now would be quite... Efficient."

"Yeah?" he asked, tilting his head, "Alright. Why'd you follow me?"

"To stop you from doing exactly what you did," she said quicker than he asked, taking him aback, "Why'd you attack him?"

"Because he cursed Katie."

Astera stared back at him, her face expressionless and cold. Harry's eyes depicted a slight change in her stare, one that he recognized in Ron when he was stuck. Stuck in his thoughts.

"He didn't tell you that, didn't he?"

"Harry!"

Harry stood still before Astera as Hermione's shoes slapped the ground as she ran behind him, Ron quickly catching up to her. Astera's moved away from Harry's locking with Hermione as her face twisted with confusion and pain.

" 'Mione..?" her voice cracked, "How could you?" she asked, stepping to the left and moving herself to stand in front of Hermione. Harry and Ron looked at each other for a second before looking at the girls in front of them.

"I'm sorry! It just-"

"Slipped?" she asked, her lip quivering as she shook her head, "I can't believe you. I trusted you."

"Look, Astera-"

"Don't you dare start," she looked at Ron who shut his mouth as quick as he opened it. He backed away, standing next to Harry who noticed how guilty Hermione actually felt.

"I'm sorry, Astera, I didn't mean to!" Hermione said, "I told Harry that you have nothing to do with Katie and that you aren't even on his side."

"Oh, yeah and from the looks of it, Harry so believes it, don't you?" she looked at Harry who stood quiet, afraid he might say something wrong, "I can't believe I trusted any of you. You're just like the rest."

She locked eyes with all three, scoffing and pushing her shoulder against Hermione as she walked away, the energy and force in her fingertips burning with power she felt she could not hold. So she let it out. And all the light was gone. The fire in the hallways that lit them up was gone and the common rooms turned dark.

Harry looked at his friends, taking his wand out and lighting up their way. They followed Astera's footsteps but she was long gone, running outside the courtyard and falling on her knees in front of the tree Draco always climbed ever so easily. Her hand held onto the tree, feeling its carvings under her skin as she sunk to the ground, putting her back against the tree and pulling her knees close.

She let out a sob and quickly covered her mouth after it escaped, trying to calm herself down by breathing and counting, something Draco told her to do. Her hands reached to touch his but they weren't there. His rings around his fingers weren't there for her to twist and his chest wasn't there for her to lay her head on.

She was afraid. And confused. Draco had cursed Katie.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

His pale blue eyes opened as the light made his skin almost tingle. He opened his eyes only to find the weather foggy and grey. Draco's palm felt something inside of it, his fingers pinching it and taking his hand from under the covers. He saw the tore piece of paper and unfolded it from its neat form, his eyes squinting at the scribbled handwriting that he knew to be hers.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus," Draco read the words in a hushed whisper, his brain ticking as he understood. She had found it. She found the spell that could repair the cabinet. The spell that would unleash war and chaos. She did it.

He gulped to water his dry throat, pushing the covers off himself and standing on his bare feet on the cold ground. Draco was quick to leave the Hospital wing and wondered whether he'd see Astera on his way or not. Sort of, he wished he didn't see her or bump into her. Draco could not for the life of him explain to her what he would be doing. He'd rather crash his skull in the ground.

His feet, agonisingly, slowly dragged him over to the cabinet, taking the white material off of it and closing his eyes as the dust fell over. Draco took the apple he stole on his way to the Room of Requirement, placing it inside and closing the door, feeling his chest tighten as he flicked his wand and spoke clearly.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus," Draco worded out, waiting for a second until he opened the door again, seeing the apple disappear. He widened his eyes, closing the door again and wording the spell once more. When he opened the door again, his hand gripped the apple, twisting it and seeing that a bite has been taken from it.

He looked in front of him, closing the door as the realisation hit him like a wave caused by a tsunami; the cabinet was finished and his last task was murder. He longed to see her at least one more time because be was not sire whether he'd see her again, or ever. But Draco had to finish his task. He had to prove himself.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

It felt like a blur. Like a fake reality and a prank gone wrong. Like a scene from a play. It couldn't be real, could it? Astera couldn't take her eyes from the dead body in front of her, but so desperately tried to. Her tears streamed down her face as Harry clutched onto Ginny as she stroked his head, the two silent as everyone's wands were raised, quietly mourning the loss of their Headmaster.

Her eyes couldn't find him but her ears rang as she entered the castle, evil laughter and crashes could be hears as the witch known as Bellatrix Lestrange unleashed every bit of terror inside her. Draco's eyes squinted as she broke all the windows, as she walked on the tables and stepped over plates, kicking glasses and forks all over the ground.
He walked behind her like a scared dog, as if his tail was tucked in behind him and his head hung low in shame and embarrassment.

Quickly, he walked the halls, trying to avoid people's gazes.

"Draco?"

He stopped in his tracks, almost making the Death Eater behind him bump into his back. Draco turned around, his eyes glossed over and lip quivering as he hesitated taking a step forward. Luckily for him, she took a step or two, face twisted in confusion and anger as her eyes fell upon his wrist. His sleeve had stayed rolled up, exposing his Dark Mark proudly, but to him it felt shameful. Once he had noticed, he tugged at the sleeve quickly, pulling it over his arm and hiding it from her, but that changed nothing.

She felt a single cold tear slip from her eye and down her cheek, falling down her jawline and onto the floor, sinking in the stone. Draco's heart felt like it stopped, ripped out of his chest as the girl in front of him no longer seemed so in love with who he was. Or, is. Her eyes went behind him as Draco heard muffled noises, spells casted her way, but knew she could defend herself. She blocked out spells, evil ones as Bellatrix Lestrange yelled in annoyance, being held back by Snape who had his hand in her shoulder, his eyes rotating between Draco and Astera.

But when Astera's wand fell out of her hand, it all stopped when she blocked Bella's curse with only her hands. Snape widened his eyes, full well knowing the thoughts and crazy ideas running inside Bella's mind as he shouted loudly, signalling for everyone to move, including Draco.

His eyes locked with hers one last time as he turned on his heel, his back to her and walked away from what seemed like the only good thing in his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 294 9
Two families. Two purebloods who fell in love. A short Draco Malfoy love story.
10.3K 57 38
๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐š๐๐ž ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ. *หกแต’สทแต‰สณแถœแตƒหขแต‰ โฑโฟแต—แต‰โฟแตˆแต‰แตˆ*
19K 393 9
A very complex and slightly realistic story about a boy named Draco Malfoy falling in love with an apple.
2.1M 27.1K 91
๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐š›๐šข ๐š™๐š˜๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ ยฉ๐š๐šก๐šก๐š๐šข๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ