An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 43 - Turning Point

91 7 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

You had heard the other department heads whispering about it before. The coldness of Yoongi's stare. But you hadn't been on the receiving end of it.

Not like this.

You weren't sure what you expected from your sudden interruption. But having him pause mid-bite to glare at you was definitely not it. He held your gaze for a few seconds before lowering it back to his food.

"We'll talk about it later. I'm working."

"Yoongi--"

"Later," he replied more firmly. "Shut the door on your way back out."

You shut the door before you realized what had happened. Since when had he acted like such a boss? Since when did he think he could talk to you like that?

True to his word, he did not return your message from earlier. He did not make any attempt to contact you before you got in the car to head home at the end of the day. He kept his gaze firmly fixed on the darkening sky ahead of him as he drove.

"Are you going to tell me what crawled up your ass and died today?" you snapped.

His grip tightened on the steering wheel. "What on earth were you thinking, pulling something like that? What if I had been on the phone, or meeting with someone?"

"Then they'd know our marriage sucks." You crossed your arms. "I don't know why you're so upset, I thought you'd be happy! I have a solution to our problems. But if you don't want to talk about it--"

Yoongi turned on his hazards. "No. You want to talk?" He pulled the car to the side of the road and parked. "Let's talk. Please, tell me. What is this brilliant solution that I haven't thought of? You have my full attention.

"Choi Siwon said he'd look at our contract."

"That's it?"

"What do you mean, 'that's it'? He handles things like this all the time for his clients. If anyone can find a loophole, it's him."

"Did he tell you that?" Yoongi laughed. "Wait, of course he did! He's a lawyer, he just wants money. My money--"

"Not everything in the world is about money, Yoongi!"

"Then how did we end up like this in the first place?" he demanded. "Your parents wanted money, my parents wanted to protect theirs. That's why that damn contract exists at all!"

"If you're so worried about the money, I'll pay for it."

"Yeah? Then why tell me about it in the first place?"

You rolled your eyes. "You have to sign off on it if he looks at the contract. Since you're another party involved in it."

"Great, then that's settled. He's not looking at it."

"Why not?! Don't you want to be done with this? Working at a job you hate, married to someone you don't like, feeling like you're trapped with no way out."

Yoongi didn't answer for a minute. He slumped back in his seat, listening to the rain that had started outside.

"I can't do this with you right now."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm sick and tired of this, that's why! I'm sick of people I thought I could trust hiding things from me. First Tae, then Jin, and now you? What, is Namjoon going to be next? I'm tired of things not going my way for once in my fucking life. From now on, do whatever you damn well please but leave me out of it, do you understand? We're done talking about this."

"Fine."

You did not speak the rest of the ride home. You went upstairs and he stayed downstairs in his studio. You couldn't believe this. What was going on with him? 

Jungkook was probably still working, but there was someone else who'd know the answers you were looking for. You quickly changed clothes and grabbed your keys.

Jin was finishing up dinner when he heard a faint sound. He froze for a second, waiting for it to repeat. When he heard a more urgent knocking, he raced to the door to find Yoongi standing there, soaking from the rain.

"Yoongi? What--?"

"Is she here?"

"Who?"

"(Y/N), who else?"

Jin opened his mouth to reply but someone else beat him to it. "Jin? Was someone knocking?" Yoongi turned to the hallway to see Ailee making her way over. 

He immediately turned back to Jin. "I guess that explains why you didn't answer your phone."

"Yoongi--"

"Forget it. Amy, have you seen (Y/N)?"

Amy shook her head. "No. Is everything all right?"

"Well--"

"Wait!" Jin held out a forceful hand. "Take off your hoodie if you're coming in."

Yoongi sighed. "Jin--"

"You're not going to drip all over my floor, Min Yoongi."

He quickly peeled the hoodie off, grumbling the whole time. He made sure to ball it up tightly so that it wouldn't drip everywhere.

"Now, as I was saying," he continued with a glare at Jin, "we had a fight. And she stormed out again. I don't know where she went. I thought she'd be here."

Jin shook his head. "We haven't seen her. But why do you think that?"

"I thought she'd be with Amy, but I already drove by her house and saw her car was missing."

Amy glanced up from her phone. Her car was actually sitting outside, but Yoongi was apparently too preoccupied to have noticed it, storm or not.  

"Joon left work early because he was sick. I checked with Jungkook, and he hasn't seen her either. Can't get a hold of Tae for anything, so--"

"She's with Hoseok," Amy interrupted.

"What? He locked up the studio already."

She held out her phone. "They're out at a cafe." He glanced at it to see a picture from Hoseok's social media feed. The man did love taking pictures of his food, and you were sitting across from him in the picture. Thank god for those fluffy cloud pancakes.

"Thanks."

He turned quickly, but Jin put a hand on his shoulder.

"You're not going back out in that storm. Sit tight and join us."

"I can't, (Y/N)--"

"--Is fine," Jin finished. "She's with Hoseok, so she isn't lost out in the storm. Just let her cool off for a while."

Yoongi sighed heavily. "Fine."

At Jin's coaxing, Yoongi threw his hoodie in the dryer and joined them at the table. He picked at his food for several minutes in silence, sulking at the events of the day. Until a sudden thought struck him.

"So...how long's this been going on?" he asked, gesturing vaguely between Jin and Amy.

"A couple of weeks," Amy told him. 

"Really?" he glanced at Jin. "Interesting."

Jin swallowed his food. "If you're thinking that I quit working for you to date Amy, then you're barking up the wrong tree."

"But there's more to you quitting."

"Yes," he admitted with a sigh. "I want to find a job I like. Not just one that's expected of me. I was afraid to tell you because I didn't know how you'd react."

Yoongi turned this thought over in his mind for a few moments in silence.

"And how do you feel now?"

"This is the best I've felt since getting released from the hospital." 

"I think I get it."

"What?" Yoongi stood up. "Hey, where are you going?"

"To find my wife."

"What about your hoodie?"

"You can return it later!"

"Yoongi!"

But he was already gone. Jin ran a hand through his hair and looked at Amy.

"Is now a weird time to ask for seconds?" she asked.

He chuckled softly. "Hand me your plate."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.4K 18
"Being in an arranged marriage with your childhood friend isn't that bad." That's what Jeon Jungkook, the young CEO thought. His marriage was steady...
335K 9.8K 15
He walked to me and I was stepping backwards until my back hit the wall. "Don't go out with any other guy ever again." ❤💋❤💋 After I turned 20, my...
107K 4.3K 53
"What did you think? That I would be scared off by your threats?" I leaned down to him making our faces inches apart. "From now on I'll do what I wan...
8.1K 453 27
What happens when a cold, rude business man who doesn't believe in love and a fearless and a stubborn girl crosses path. You - I see. I'll show you w...