Our Ever-Lasting Love (Amours...

By Bc34Valor

Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The w... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Gathering
Chapter 2: Brock & Misty
Chapter 3: The Straw-Hat Girl
Chapter 4: Ash vs. Brock (Part I)
Chapter 5: Ash vs. Brock (Part II)
Chapter 6: A Pallet Town Arrival
Chapter 7: Ketchum-Style Reunion
Chapter 8: Gary's Mysterious Pokรฉmon
Chapter 9: The Abandoned Audino
Chapter 10: Visiting the Lumiose Siblings
Chapter 11: Rebirth of a Bond
Thank You!๐ŸŽ‰
Chapter 12: The Package
Chapter 13: A Call with Clemont
Chapter 14: Double Trouble
Chapter 15: Flight to Kalos
Chapter 16: Perform and Conquer
Chapter 17: One Big Coincidence
Chapter 18: Ash at Serena's Performance
Chapter 19: Reunion of Amour
Chapter 21: Promise Between Us
Chapter 22: The Hotel Experience
Chapter 23: A Night with Her
Chapter 24: Aftermath of an Intense Night
Chapter 25: Memories at Coumarine
Chapter 26: The Lapras Festival (Part I)
Chapter 27: The Lapras Festival (Part II)
Chapter 28: Bonnie's New Friend
Chapter 29: The Heracronite Search
Author's Note โœ
Chapter 30: Shamus Returns
Chapter 31: Evolution by Fire x2!!!
Chapter 32: A Day Before Departure
Author's Note 2 โœ
Chapter 33: Goodbye Kalos!
Author's Note 3 โœ
Author's Note 4 โœ

Chapter 20: Our First "Real" Date

6.2K 94 73
By Bc34Valor

"Ash, where are you taking me?" Serena asked the raven-haired boy. Ash had his hands over her eyes as he casually guided her towards the location. Serena was visibly excited about what Ash had in store for them for the day and she could not wait to find out.

"Almost there, Serena." Ash responded. "Trust me."

"Can you at least give me a hint at where we are going?" Serena asked. Ash shook his head in response. But then he realized Serena couldn't see his response. "Is that a yes or a no? I can't see since you are covering my vision..."

"No, it will take out the element of surprise. We are nearly there." Ash replied playfully. "You will love it though, that is a guarantee."

Ash continued to guide Serena a little bit more, until they suddenly stopped in front of the building.

"Okay, now you can open your eyes." Ash says as he lifts his hands away from Serena's face. She opened her eyes and gasped in surprise at where she was. Ash took her to the front of the Restaurant Le Wow. One of the most expensive restaurants in all of Kalos. It usually takes weeks to get a reservation and even with that it is hard to even get inside.

"A-Ash... how were you able to call in a reservation or even afford this? Only a cham-" Serena paused and then smiled with realization, "Oh, that's right! You are the champion of Alola now~"

"Oh, you saw?" Ash asked sheepishly. He was planning on telling Serena about it during their meal, but it seems she already knew.

"Yes, I did. On television, while I was in Slateport City. You were amazing Ash! The way you were in sync with Pikachu and your Pokémon. That climax with the two Lyncaroc was really suspenseful." Serena said.

"Haha... yeah. There were moments where I thought I would have lost, but luckily everyone pulled through in the end." Ash replied with a light laugh.

"I scheduled the reservation for another two hours from now, so I guess we have some time to kill." Ash said, while thinking. "Have anything in mind?"

"I saw a clothing boutique nearby... How about some window shopping?" Serena asked with a cute smile. Ash knew he couldn't resist her.

"Sounds good to me." Ash replied with a fist pump. 'At least I won't have to carry any bags...'

"Thank you! Thank you! Let's go!" Serena said with excitement in her voice. She begins dragging Ash towards the boutique, so she can hopefully seduce him with her looks and body. Then that will allow her to make her move tonight.

After about half an hour of furious shipping, Serena finally found some cute outfits she wanted to try on. She ordered Ash to sit on a nearby bench near the changing stalls, so she can get his opinion on her potential outfits. After a few minutes, Serena comes out of her dressing stall with her first outfit. Ash couldn't help but stare. Serena was wearing a baby blue dress with a crescent moon-like pattern. She didn't wear a hat, but had her hair tied back by her favorite blue ribbon. A pretty sapphire necklace was present around her neck. She also wore matching earrings.

Serena was blushing at the way Ash was staring at her in awe. "S-So... Ash, how do I look?" she asked attentively, looking at her crush nervously with a faint blush on her cheeks. She knew that Ash was looking at her out of attraction.

"Y...yo... you look so... gorgeous..." Ash said under his breath. He wasn't lying, he thought she looked like the most beautiful thing in the world. He wouldn't mind if she was the only person he sees every morning.

'Oh my! He actually called me gorgeous!' Serena was mentally celebrating, but on the outside, she was smiling and blushing. "T-thank you, Ash! I might just buy it! Let me try out some more, okay?" Serena quickly disappeared back into the dressing stall.

For the next hour, Serena was changing into outfits, while she had Ash express his opinion on each outfit. Serena kept on blushing as Ash complimented her outfits and looks. To Ash, he slowly became accustomed to looking at Serena in different outfits without staring at her too often. Serena made a mental note and took pictures of which outfits she wants to buy later on.

"Looks like it's almost time to head to the Restaurant Le Wow." Ash stated as he checked his Rotom Phone. "Did you have fun trying on outfits?" Ash asked as the two were walking towards the restaurant.

"Well, that depends. Did you enjoy seeing me in those outfits?" Serena teased. Ash slightly blushed, but made sure to turn the other way. After he recovered he turned back to Serena.

"Of course I did!" Ash replied with a smile. "Who wouldn't enjoy seeing your pretty face in different pieces of clothing?"

Serena blushed at his comment and said, "Well next time I better get to see you try out some outfits."

Ash laughed. The two continued to make little comments and talk until they reached the outside of the Restaurant Le Wow.

"So, shall we go in m'lady?" Ash asked, as he gestured with his hands. He opened the door for her, waiting for her to step inside.

"Oh, Ash..." Serena giggled.

The two then went inside the restaurant. What Serena saw made her jaw drop. She was completely stunned. Ash must have spent a fortune to get a reservation at the Restaurant Le Wow. The restaurant was a couple of stories tall, so there was a staircase that led up. The interior was decorated with special Kalosian flowers and various photographs hung on the walls. Apparently, some were provided by Viola the Santalune Gym Leader. Finally, the room was filled with music provided by a piano player.

"This restaurant is so beautiful..." Serena said, with her eyes shining with delight. She felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Ash look at her with a smile.

"Serena, our seats are upstairs, let's go." Ash said. He then motioned to her that they had to follow the waiter. Serena nodded and got a hold of Ash's arm. She's been doing that a lot today with full confidence.

"Perhaps... today is the day I will confess to Ash..." Serena thought to herself with a blush. She knew she loved Ash and judging from his actions today, he may finally realize that he feels the same. The kiss she gave him three years ago at the airport must have done some magic on him.

"Mr. Ketchum, here are the best seats in the house in our private dining area by your request. Please sit down and get comfortable, while I grab your menus." the waiter said. Serena looked around in awe. The private dining room was even more spectacular than the normal dining area. There was a water fountain, a magnificent view, and they were the only ones in the room.

"Thank you, sir." Ash replied to the waiter. The waiter bowed and made his leave, promising to return with the menus shortly. Before Serena could get herself seated, Ash pulled her chair out for her.

"Allow me." Ash said, as he motioned for her to sit down.

"Why thank you, Ash." Serena thanked with a blush on her face, as she sat down. She swore that by the end of the day, her face would be as red as a tamato berry. Ash smiled and gently pushed her seat in. He then got himself a seat across from her.

"So, how are you liking it so far?" Ash asked Serena.

"It's amazing," Serena responded in a happy tone. "Thank you so much Ash."

"It's not a problem at all. I'd do anything for you, Serena." Ash answered honestly, while rubbing under his nose with his finger. His words caused Serena to smile warmingly. Moments later, the same waiter returned with two menus.

"Here you are, monsieur and madame. Please enjoy your meals and visit." the waiter said as he handed each person a menu. The waiter then bowed again and left, closing the doors behind him.

"Wow, these are so fancy menus." Ash said with awe. The menus were actually electronic, so they could order from their seats, while the food was delivered to them.

"Yes. I heard about their menu tablets and how efficient they are. But not many people get access to them at the restaurant. I guess it's reserved for Champions or people that can afford eating here." Serena speculated.

"Science is so amazing!" Ash said with stars in his eyes. Serena giggled at him. It reminded her of how often Ash would be amazed by Clemont's inventions.

For the next few minutes, Ash and Serena begin ordering food. Ash actually ordered a lot, while Serena was hesitant because the food looked so pricey. However, Ash gave her a reassuring look and told her to order whatever she wanted since he will pay the bill.

'Wow. Ash has been acting like such a gentleman ever since he got back to Kalos. I really want to know what happened to him...' Serena thought deeply. "Why take me out on a date out of everyone else?"

Ash could see that she was deep in thought and he got curious. "What are you thinking about?" he asked. Serena got startled when Ash asked the question.

"Oh, nothing much..." Serena answered with a blush. However, Ash wasn't buying it so he placed a hand on top of Serena's and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Come on. You can tell me." Ash said, as he gently squeezed her hands.

"Well... I guess I was wondering... why take me out of all the people out on a date?" Serena asked with a sad expression.

'Well, it's because I love you. But I can't tell you until tonight. What should I tell you?" Ash thought in his head while staring at Serena. He was about to come up with an answer, but was interrupted when the doors to the private dining room opened. A couple of waiters came with their food and said that dessert will be coming up later.

"Oh wow, this looks good!" Ash said with his mouth-watering, as he looked at the food in front of him. Ash ordered a fillet-mignon with a side of potato and carrots. The dish was drizzled in Razz Berry sauce. He also got an appetizer of hot wings with cool ranch dressing. For the drink, he received a Liechi Berry Ice Cream Milkshake made out of Skiddo milk.

"I agree!" Serena said as she admired the dishes she ordered. On her main plate was a Kantonese Omelette over rice with cheri berry curry inside. She also got a side of an oran berry salad. For her drink, she ordered a pinap berry sweet bubble tea.

"Itadakimasu!" Ash and Serena said in unison. The two began consuming their food.

"This is such high-quality food." Ash said to Serena, as he took a bite out of his fillet-mignon. "You know, it reminds me of Cilan's cooking."

"Who's Cilan?" Serena asked with curiosity, as she took a sip from her tea.

"He's a friend I made in Unova. He traveled with me around the region with our other friend, Iris. He makes very high-quality food and he owns a restaurant with his brothers, Cress and Chili." Ash explained. "He's also a gym leader. Well, one of three gym leaders. Their gym is special because it counts as a restaurant and a gym! You also get to choose who to battle, either Cilan, Cress, or Chili."

"Wow, that sounds so cool. Who did you end up battling?" Serena questioned. "Knowing you, you probably challenged all of them."

"You know me so well." Ash said with a grin. "Yeah, I battled them all, with Pikachu, Oshawott, and Tepig." The mention of Tepig made Serena flinch and made her frown. Ash noticed this and wondered what was wrong.

"Something the matter, Serena?" Ash asked with concern.

"Well... two weeks ago, I encountered a trainer abusing his Audino and abandoned it..." Serena started. Ash was listening with all ears and continued listening.

"The trainer was beating Audino very badly with a Pokémon called Emboar. He then chose to abandon her..." Serena continued. "I confronted him, but I felt powerless as he continued beating Audino, despite her condition. Fortunately, he left right after I confronted him."

"That's a relief. I'm guessing that you took her to the Pokémon Center." Ash said with relief in his voice.

"Yes. But what concerned me is what he told me before he left..." Serena said as she reminisced about the event that day.

"What did he tell you?" Ash asked with concern in his voice. 'That boy better not have bullied Serena or I swear I'm gonna find him.'

"H-he told me... that he met a trainer with a Pikachu in Unova... and t-that the trainer took in a Tepig he abandoned in Unova..." Serena stuttered, on the verge of tears.

"Shamus..." Ash whispered in recognition. Serena heard it and nodded solemnly.

"Yes, that's him. He said he used Audino as a punching bag for his Pokémon during training sessions and that he only wants powerful Pokémon..." Serena said. She then started crying. Ash stood up, sat next to her, and wrapped his arms around her in an effort to comfort her. Serena leaned on Ash's body.

"That guy... I have a score to settle with him now then. Both Pignite and I." Ash said angrily with a clenched fist. "Don't worry, Pignite and I will beat him for Audino and your sake."

"H-he called me despicable Ash. He c-called you despicable for rescuing Tepig and me for helping Audino..."

"You aren't despicable, Serena. You are the kindest girl I know that is willing to make anyone happy. Especially me..." Ash said as he rubbed her back. Serena continued to look at the floor, whimpering slightly.

"I ran into many trainers that utilize unethical methods of Pokémon training, the best we can do is to get them to understand their actions and realize what they do is wrong." Ash said as he consoled the crying girl in his arms.

"T-thank you, Ash..." Serena responded in a still sad tone. "I just can't believe trainers like him exist..."

"Me too..." Ash whispered as he continued rubbing her back. He then moved on to stroke her honey blonde hair with his free hand.

The two sat there in silence, until Serena slightly felt better. Ash then got up and returned to his seat across from Serena. The two continued to eat in a silence. Ash could see that Serena's eyes were still somewhat filled with sorrow and grief and he wanted to make her happy. So he did the most reasonable thing at the time. He didn't know why he did it, but it seemed right.

"Serena, say ahh..." Ash said as he took a spoonful of his fillet mignon and held it up.

Serena blushed slightly, but obeyed. Ash then fed Serena part of his dish. It seemed to cheer Serena up as she licked her lips in satisfaction.

"Ash, now it's your turn. Say ahh..." Serena said as she got a spoonful of her omelette over rice. Ash happily obliged and opened his mouth. She then dropped the food into his mouth.

"Mmm... that's pretty good... especially since you fed it to me." Ash said with a smile, as he swallowed the food. Serena giggled and then continued to eat her food. 'At least she seems happy again.'

Ash and Serena occasionally continued feeding each other from their plates. It felt right to the two of them and it was highly enjoyable. The two continued to share their food until it was all finished.

"So, what should we get for dessert?" Ash asked as he browsed around on the electronic menu. Serena was next to him, also inspecting the menu.

"That chocolate éclair looks delicious," Serena said as she pointed it out on the menu. "But it only comes at a shareable size." Serena was hoping that Ash would take the hint. Luckily, he did.

"I'm fine with sharing it, are you?" Ash said.

"I'm fine with it if you are." Serena responded, with a slight blush.

"Okay, let's order it." Ash said as he went through the process on the electronic menu. Minutes later, a waiter came with their dessert. It was actually a decent size for two people. Just like their main courses and appetizers, the two decided to feed each other the dessert.

"So, do you like the restaurant experience?" Ash asked.

"I did. Thank you, Ash." Serena said as she wiped her mouth with the white cloth.

"I'm paying the bill." Ash said as he pulled out his wallet. He proceeded to leave a decent-sized tip in Poké Dollars. The two got up and went to pay the bill by the entrance. After that, they walked outside the door, with Ash opening the door for her.

When Serena stepped outside, she was greeted by a cold gust of air. It was almost night time, so it started becoming cold out.

"Brr..." Serena shivered. She then felt a foreign material around her and noticed that Ash gave her his jacket. Ash could see that she was worried about him.

"Don't worry about me, as long as you aren't cold, I'm not cold." Ash reassured with a grin. Serena wasn't so sure, so she just wrapped her arms around Ash to keep him warm in an embrace. Ash melted into her. 'Man, she's so warm...'

"Come on, let me take you somewhere else." Ash said, as he reached out his hand. Serena smiled joyfully and held his hand. Together, the two walked around the city and towards their next destination.

To be continued... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
234K 4.8K 34
Serena finally takes the guts to confess to Ash while the latter wins the Kalos League....in a way. Delia reveals her true nature of work and Ash tak...
182K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
42.3K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...