The Crown Prince (Taegi AU)

Von cherlyswan

The two kingdoms have been under conflict for many years. When war seemed inevitable and disadvantages seemed... Mehr

Disclaimer
synopsis
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 (Last chapter)
Extra Chapter: The promise of the Meteor shower
Extra chapter: The young master and the monk
Extra chapter: The young master learns a lot from the monk.
Finallyyy!!!

Chapter 21

2.2K 142 37
Von cherlyswan

The soft sunshine peeked through the window curtains as a man with a fierce look plastered on his face, stood by silently, looking at the letter in his hand.

The man who stood behind him stepped back with his head bowed down and his shoulders quivering slightly due to the fear. 

Hanyu's grip on the paper grew stronger and as a result, creases started to form on the paper. 

He immediately scrunched the paper into a ball as he finished reading it and threw it back at the face of the man who was standing behind him. 

"Why am I only finding this out now?" Hanyu asked, his voice louder than usual with so much pressure that it made the man in front of him fall to his knees. 

"Your h-highness..." The man didn't dare look up at the face of the man in front of him. 

Hanyu glared at the man and didn't let him speak before he ordered, "Get him back here." 

The man did not move from his place and instead, he started to hit his head against the ground as he spoke, "Forgive me for being so incompetent." 

Hanyu didn't say anything nor did he try to stop the man in front who was trying to kill himself by banging his head against the floor.

A minute passed and the man finally stopped as he saw the floor getting smeared by his blood. Maybe he didn't want to stain the floor with his blood or he might have started to finally feel the pain kicking in. Whatever the reason was, it caused him to stop ruining the floor.

When he peeked up to see the reaction of the man he wasn't too shocked to see Hanyu looking at him with an unfazed expression and crossed arms.

"I gave you an order," Hanyu decided to finally speak up and it wasn't in a kind tone at all, "Get him here!"

The kneeling man was left in a sticky situation as he didn't know what he was to do. Of course, he understood who the 'he' in the conversation was but although he understood it, it didn't mean that he could quietly go and complete the order that was given to him.

He had been a eunuch for more than ten years and never in his life had he dealt with such a situation.

Hanyu wanted him to go and retrieve their young prince that had been sent to the enemy kingdom but how could that be possible?

It was the queen's decision to abandon her son so how could a mere eunuch go to the enemy kingdom to go against his queen's wishes just to retrieve a person who would possibly bring with him a war?

He could understand Hanyu's feelings. This man was much younger than him and had already been burdened with the title of the countries next king. This eunuch had seen him grow so of course, he knew how close this man was to his brother.

Hanyu and Taehyung were worlds apart from each other in topics of talent and personality, but somehow, they were able to have such a harmonious relationship with each other that it struck jealousy within the hearts of others who could only wish to have something like that.

The eunuch would dare not refuse to complete the order and he would dare not complete it as well. This was a sticky position to be in and he suddenly started to wonder if he made a good decision earlier to hand over the letter he found to Hanyu.

If he hadn't been so eager to hand over the letter, he might not have been in this position at this moment. When he thought about it a bit more he shivered a bit as he realized it might have been worse if Hanyu were to find out the truth by himself.

Now that he had handed the letter over, he could at least be called a trustworthy servant but if he hadn't done this, he was afraid his head wouldn't have been attached to his body for too long.

"If you can't do it, go and tell your queen!" Hanyu's deep voice was heard once again, "I'll go there myself."

A shiver ran down the eunuch's back as he looked at the seriousness of the young prince. There was no way the queen would be happy to hear this and the one who would suffer the repercussions would be this eunuch who was in charge of looking after the future King, Hanyu.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

By much difficulty, Taehyung had finally managed to stop the tears. It might have been mostly due to Yoongi who promised to take him out to play if he were to stop crying.

The crown prince was coaxing him like he would coax a child.

It worked like magic.

Taehyung immediately looked up at his face with hope-filled eyes as he asked, "Really?"

Yoongi chuckled when he saw this reaction. He nodded as his hand reached out to pat the man's head, "Didn't I promise?"

Taehyung wiped his tears away and smiled as he let go of the useless thoughts that would only push him into depression. 

"Where are we going?" Taehyung asked enthusiastically to which Yoongi shook his head.

"Not today. Let's go out tomorrow."

Taehyung stretched his hand forward and held his pinky up with the rest of his fingers curled up in a somewhat of a fist, "We're going tomorrow."

Yoongi wanted to laugh at the cuteness of this man as he saw this small action. It was as if Taehyung would sometimes turn into a child who was too innocent for this world and should be treasured with one's all might.

Yoongi stopped patting his head and wrapped his own pinky around Taehyung's, "I give you my word."

Taehyung was happy to hear this. At this moment, he felt like he was worried over nothing. He had been locking himself up in his room ever since he had got sick. He was too afraid to come face-to-face with the crown prince again but now that he had finally seen this man be so frank towards him, he didn't know what his current emotions were.

It just couldn't be summed up in one.

He was relieved to see that the worst-case scenario where the crown prince repulsed him hadn't played out in real-time.

He was glad to see that Yoongi hadn't changed at all but although he was happy, his heart ached a bit.

He already guessed Yoongi to be the type to ignore such things and act like nothing ever happened. He had predicted it but he still could not help but feel a bit disappointed to see that he had guessed right.

When he looked up at Yoongi who was probably smiling at him from behind the veil, he had the sudden urge to ask him why he was pretending.

He wanted to question him and ask him what he was thinking since he really could not guess what went around in that head of this crown prince, but in the end, he gulped down his curiosity and only smiled as he happily bobbed his head up and down.

"Let's go tomorrow!" Taehyung exclaimed and he heard Yoongi chuckling.

"Hehehe... Cute..." It was the crown prince mumbling. His mouth getting the better of him and blabbering on without his permission. He had voiced out his thoughts by mistake and all he could do about it was pray that Taehyung hadn't heard it.

How could he not have heard it when they were so close to each other, just a hand distance apart, Taehyung was even able to hear his breathing so how could he not hear what he had said?

The heat seemed to climb up on Taehyung's cheek as he questioned his own self. Had he heard it wrong?
He wanted to believe that he hadn't but his mind told him that the crown prince would never say that, and so he had to double-check if he had heard correctly or not.

"What did you say, your highness?"

Yoongi coughed as he heard this and it made Taehyung worry.

He moved forward to get a hold of Yoongi's shoulders as he asked with worry written all over his face, "Are you okay?"

Yoongi chuckled as he heard this and immediately calmed himself down to answer, "No need to worry. The air is just a bit dusty."

Taehyung tilted his head as he looked at Yoongi. He found it hard to believe that the man was speaking the truth.

If the air was dusty, why was Yoongi the only one coughing and why was it that he was also the one who had a veil on his face that would help filter out the dust?

Yoongi's reason was ridiculous and most people would never want to say anything further to question the credibility of the crown prince's words but Taehyung wasn't like most people.

Sometimes, he really would forget to filter his words before spouting them.

"The courtyard was just cleaned." Taehyung decided to tease the man, "Is your highness having breathing difficulties? We should contact the doctor."

Yoongi coughed once again as he heard Taehyung and the coughing eventually turned into him laughing and coughing at the same time.

"Your highness, please remember to breathe," Taehyung would be lying if he said that he wasn't a bit delighted to see Yoongi laughing, but as much as he liked it, he was also worried about the crown prince since Yoongi sounded like he really had something stuck in his throat.

Yoongi shook his head with his hand clasped around his chest that had somehow started to hurt. It was a bit embarrassing for him to show this side of him in front of Taehyung and the embarrassment was clearly displayed on his ears in the form of a light red pigment.

Taehyung reached out to pat Yoongi's back but before his hand could come in contact with the man's back, Yoongi immediately jolted up and spoke, " Since that's decided, I'll head back for now."

Taehyung was left at a standstill as he looked at the back of the crown prince, who, for some reason, suddenly seemed to be angry at him.

Yoongi wasn't really angry. He was simply too embarrassed by his current state so he did what he was best at and pushed it away by turning his back on it and ignoring the situation. How was he to know that Taehyung would take this as him being mad at him?

"I came to check in on you. I'm glad to see you doing all better now," Yoongi spoke as he still didn't turn his head to look at the man.

"I see. Thank you for your concerns, your highness," Taehyung gulped as he wondered if he should say the next thing on his mind or not but in the end, he still ended up voicing out his gratitude, "Thank you for looking after me when I was sick."

It was silent for a minute as Yoongi didn't reply nor did Taehyung try to speak up to cover his own flustered self.

After a minute of silence had passed, Yoongi turned his head halfway to look over at the man as he responded, "I did it because I wanted to."

Taehyung blinked. He hadn't expected such a response. He didn't dare say anything but the crown prince wasn't finished with what he was saying.

"I'm guessing you remember everything?"

Taehyung gulped as the words slowly registered into his mind.

Yoongi was talking about the kiss.

Panic immediately rose up as he wondered what the most appropriate response would be at the moment bit how could he come up with something so soon?

It wasn't like he had been too appropriate towards the crown prince in his sick drunken state so how could he come up with something appropriate to defend himself at this moment?

__________________________________

A/n: Promised surprise update is here!🎉🎉

We got to know a bit about Taehyung's brother who is planning on going to Mingyu to retrieve his brother? 
We also got Yoongi not wanting to pretend like it never happened. 🤭

This update is a gift for *drum rolls*

Happy birthday missmyffi 🎊🎊
I hope you have a great day.✨ Hope whatever you ask may you receive, whatever you seek may you find, whatever you wish may it be fulfilled on your birthday and always. 💫

Have a great day and thank you for reading! 💜💜

Next update: 1 Feb, 2021

With that said, 
Fare Thee Well

Don't skip your meals, remember to stay hydrated and if you don't sleep, the monsters under your bed may catch you, so go to sleep on time. (~ ̄³ ̄)~💜

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.1M 53.4K 63
"Spread your legs for me now." Taehyung growled and stared at me with his dark almond-shaped eyes. "Or I'll ask Jungkook to join." The royal family...
27.4K 1K 19
Who's that?" Jimin asked eyeing the talented blue haired boy as he blocked the other team from scoring effortlessly despite his height. "Him? That's...
16.7K 1.5K 11
The Kim family had all one could ask for, from looks to wealth they had it all. Yet their youngest suffered in despair and agony , isn't being forced...
3.2K 125 12
Yoongi is used to being nonchalant. He didn't let anything affect him nor did he try to affect other people. He kept to himself and was pretty quiet;...