Two's Company

By evelynsloane_

Meet Kara Stratford. This academically focused seventeen-year old is your typical teenage girl. The perfect e... More

Two's Company
1. Pizza is the meaning of life!
2. It is Wednesday, my dudes
3. How to be a failure 101.
4. The happiest person on the planet
5. Ugh, Breakups
6. The guy from California (and I mean the whole state)
7. Pretzels and Awkward conversations.
8. I strangle my brother with my eyes.
9. That was not a sneeze!
10. The Gothic Snowball's day out
11. Ponytail flicks and Scarlett Johansson
12. She knows everything.
13. Hold your horses.
14. That's hot.
15. The Wrath of Nana.
16. DIGEST THEM
17. Jump into a toilet.
18. Sexy but scary
19. Cilantro.
20. Bedroom Aerobics.
21. I Nachos sono il significato della vita.
22. Spatula on his chest.
23. We're Leo.
24. Not all sticks are straight
25. Spitting out inspiration.
26. Duct tape my mouth.
27. Charisma of an adidas slipper.
28. Discuss my dick.
29. Microwave a plant.
30. Don't harass my unborn child.
31. I will kick your ass to Antarctica.
32. Switched personalities.
33. Cut metal with my jaw
34. Dora the ostrich.
35. SHAILENE AND ROSALEEN.
36. Wood comes from trees.
37. Potassium can go die in a hole for all I care.
38. Bozo
40. It should be a crime to look that good.
41. Its bananas.
42. Default location.
43. In a friend way.
44. I suffer from sleep deprivation.
45. Is he yours?
46. They're all vegetables.
47. Potential, my ass.
48. I'm not blind.
49. Whack them back to their respective homes.
50. Breakfast plus lunch.
51. X chromosome, my butt.
52. Half a boyfriend.
53. The Secret.
54. The jaw thing.
55. Cosmopolitan failed me.
56. Happy.
Epilogue: Ready.
About the Author.

39. Married to an alien.

246 21 1
By evelynsloane_

Chapter 39: Married to an alien.

I woke up before Calvin. 

It was almost seven in the morning but I had been up for since six-forty five staring at him. He had gotten hot during the night so his shirt was off somewhere in the room. His lips were slightly parted and his face relaxed as I took in his features from the slope of his nose to the tiniest scar under his eye from the boating accident.

He looked so at peace. Relaxed. He lay on his stomach, his face turned to me and one arm draped loosely around my back. There was another scar on the back of his shoulder from the same boating accident and I lightly traced my finger along it. He shifted a little.

I let my body curl around his and rested my face on his back, my arms holding his sides as I pressed my lips to his back. To the small scar on his shoulder. Calvin moved and groaned as I backed away onto my pillow.

He rolled over onto his back and rubbed his fist against his eyes. When he saw me, he blinked several times and frowned. Once realization had settled in, he smiled sleepily. He looked almost lazy right. It was adorable.

"Good morning baby." he whispered. Baby, "This is one hell of a view to wake up to."

I smiled as he pulled me closer but placed my finger on his lips when he leaned in, "Brush your teeth first."

He rolled his eyes and tried to bite my finger. I pulled it back. He shifted so that he was looming over me on the bed, balanced on his forearms and leaned forward to kiss my jawline, my neck. I gasped at the sensation of his lips on my skin and my breathing sped up. He kissed down the side of neck, at that one spot that he knew drove me crazy.

"Why do you always smell so good?" he murmured, "Seriously, its making me crazy."

I laughed and I could feel him smile against my neck, "Its probably the-"

"Hey Kara, do you have- holy fucking shit, what the actual fuck?" I pushed Calvin off my body as I heard my brother's voice and he landed on the ground with a loud thud. Luke was already turning away and Wesley was behind him, laughing, "I'll, um, just come back later." he paused, "Use protection."

Heat rushed to my face as Luke closed the door and I leaned over the side of the bed. Calvin scowled, sitting up and rubbed his back, "Did you have to push me off the damn bed?"

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." I covered my mouth with my hand and he got up, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay." He stood up, "Can't say the same for your brother though huh?"

"I guess not." I let out a small laugh. Of course Luke was petrified. He had just seen his sister making out with someone.

"I better go." Calvin sighed, dragging on his shirt, "I'll see you later."

"Wait." I stopped him, "Where are we going today?"

"I said it's a surprise, bella." he said, "Besides, it's in the afternoon. Why are you so anxious?"

"I'm not anxious." I said, "I just want to know what to wear."

"What to wear?" he raised an eyebrow, "How about clothes? You're very beautiful but it's probably not a good idea for you to roam around naked."

"Not like that, you idiot." I shook my head, "You know what I mean."

"You look good in literally everything. So wear whatever you want." he shrugged and reached over to kiss my cheek, "I really have to go and shower now. I'll see you at breakfast."

"Bye." I slumped back onto the bed once he had left and an enormous grin spread on my face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My eyes are permanently scarred because of you." Luke said when I walked into the dining room. Wesley burst out laughing the moment he saw me. Since the two of them already knew, I had also told Valentina and she squealed so loud that Ms. Clawford had fallen off the bed.

"Drama queen." I rolled my eyes, "It was nothing compared to the amount of times I walked in on you and Taylor."

"So is this thing with you guys permanent or..." Wesley trailed off.

"Um, no." I picked at the hem of my shirt. I wore a t-shirt with leggings, "Temporary. Only till we get home."

"And then what?"

"Then we go back to being friends." I twiddled with my fingers.

Wesley's eyebrows shot to the roof, "You do realize that one of you or both of you is going to end up being hurt in the process right?"

"Yup."

"Wow my sister has a boyfriend." Luke said and realization crept in on me at his words. I had a boyfriend, "Who knew that could happen?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Dude you're scary." Luke shuddered. Valentina and Calvin walked in simultaneously and she rolled her eyes at him. His eyes lit up when he saw me and I smiled in response when he bent to kiss me. Luke gagged.

"Calvin?" I started after he dropped on the seat opposite to mine.

"Yeah, babe?"

"Are you scared of me?"

"Terrified." he shuddered, "I'm pretty sure everyone in this room is scared of you too."

I looked at the other three and they nodded vigorously. Well great then. Soon ugogu made some sort of South African delicacy for breakfast. Valentina had warned me not to tell ugogu about my new relationship as she absolutely could not keep a secret.

"Blue or red?" Calvin held up two ties. I was sitting on his bed, my head in my hands, "Bella, please help me."

"Oh my god, Cal!" I said, "Why would you ask me this? You know that I'm the most indecisive person on the planet. Ask Val."

"No, Val told me and I quote, 'I don't give two fucks about your stupid tie so get the fuck out of my room'." he said, "And Wesley is on set-"

"Video call him!"

"You think I haven't tried that?" he asked, "He's doing a scene. Shit, I'm screwed."

"Why did you bring two ties?" I asked.

He sighed and fished out two more ties from his suitcase, "I brought black and grey too. Do you like these any better?"

I stared at all the ties he had laid out on the bed, "Oh my god, now there are four."

"Just tell me which one you like!"

"I don't know." I said miserably, "They're all so different."

"Well of course they're all different-"

"Why did you bring so many ties, you idiot?" I glared, "You could've just brought one."

"Yeah but what if I spilt milk on it or something?" he mumbled, gathering the ties in his hand. His hair was tousled and he wore a dress shirt and slacks, his jacket draped over a chair.

"Spilt milk over it?" I asked incredulously, "You realize that your best friend is a movie star and would let you borrow a tie right?"

He blinked, "Oh yeah."

"Idiot." I muttered, "What're you gonna do now?"

"I have no idea." he sat down in front of me and took my hands, a pleading look in his eyes, "Babe, please help me."

"Well babe," I mocked him and sighed, holding up a blue tie to his chest, "This brings out your eyes I guess but I like the red too. The black looks too basic. And the grey- what?"

He was staring at me with a strange look in his eyes, "Nothing. It just sounds really hot when you say babe."

I smiled and slung the blue tie around his neck, "Wear this." I paused, "Babe."

Calvin shook his head and crushed his lips against mine. I gasped at the spontaneity of his actions but responded immediately, my hands going on his shoulders as he pushed me back on the bed. My legs wrapped around his waist and I pulled him closer.

His kisses became harder and my fingers plunged into his hair when he lowered his lips onto my neck. I brought his face back to mine and met his lips with burning intensity. His hand slipped under my shirt and caressed the skin on my torso as he gently pulled on my lip, making me gasp.

"Oh my God, not again." Luke sighed from the doorway and Calvin rolled off my body before I could push him off, "What the hell, you guys?"

"Knock if you don't want to see." Calvin muttered and I sat up. His lips were swollen and his cheeks slightly flushed, "What do you want, man?"

"How are you going for your interview?" Luke asked instead.

"Wesley's letting me borrow his car." Calvin replied.

Luke's eyes widened, "The Ferrari?"

"What? No." he scoffed, "He treats that thing like his child. I'm taking the Prius."

"Why are you asking?" I eyed my brother with suspicion, "Why do you care on which car my boyfriend takes?"

"I don't." Luke put his hands up, "I just came to ask if he could drop me off by that skate park Wesley was talking about."

"Uh, yeah sure." Calvin swallowed hard, making his Adam's apple bob up and down, "Be down in ten."

"Great. Thanks, man." Luke left.

I turned in Calvin's direction, "Why do you look like I've just told you that I'm married to an alien?"

He raised an eyebrow, "That is pretty specific. Anything I should know about?"

"Nope." I smiled cheekily, "Now tell me why you look like that."

A small smile appeared on his face, "You called me your boyfriend."

My smile disappeared and panic set in, "Was I not supposed to? 'Cause that's fine. I'm sorry, oh my god-"

"Hey no." He grabbed my hands, "Its fine, bella. It's just that...it just registered to me that we're dating."

We're dating.

I had a boyfriend.

Kara Stratford panic mode: on.

He must've noticed my expression as his eyes turned wide, "Okay, woah did I freak you out?"

"No no." I put my hands on the side of his face and he leaned into my touch, "Its just... you're my boyfriend."

"Well, you can say it without sounding so disappointed, you know." he rolled his eyes and I laughed, kissing him softly. It was short-lived but when I pulled away, I was breathless. I secured the tie around his neck and pulled at it to make our lips meet again. He laughed against my lips.

"Well, at least one thing is true." he winked, "People with brown eyes are the best kissers."

"Then kiss me again." I pulled him forward by his tie and he kissed me with no hesitation. I couldn't get enough of this. If I could, I would kiss him all day. I wish I could capture moments like this forever. I wish I could grab this moment and lock it in a box, keeping it right by my thundering heart.

Because this- this was everything.

_

"I mean I'm just saying its weird." Val complained. She had barged into my room in just her black undergarments and a long transparent white robe over it, "Dude, have you ever been backstage at a fashion show?"

"I have never even been to a fashion show." I admitted. Since Val had turned eighteen a few weeks ago, she was now told to walk topless on a runway, "Val, its not like you'll be throwing your boobs around. You'll have a bra on."

"I know but still..." she paced around, "And are you serious? You have never been to a fashion show?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Dude what the hell?" she hit my arm lightly, "How is that possible? I grew up on fashion shows."

"Because you're mother was a designer. Mine is a middle school math teacher." I explained slowly, "And why are you worried? You're literally half-naked in my room right now and you're not embarrassed, are you?"

"I guess so." she looked down at herself, "Why am I half-naked in your room anyway?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I scowled.

Calvin trudged into my room. He was late and he had apologized about it a billion times over texts and phone calls. His eyes drooped shut and he blinked to keep them open, shooting me a small smile. He frowned at Valentina's clothes but didn't even give her a second glance as he staggered in my direction and dropped face first in my lap. Val excused herself.

"Hey." I smiled as he climbed up to lay his head on my chest, his arms around my waist, "How was the interview?"

"I'm so tired." he muttered and I pressed my lips to the top of his head, running my hands down his back, "We can still get something to eat though. I know a place."

"What? No." I said, "You're tired. Go to sleep, Cal."

He propped himself up on his elbows and pressed a kiss to my lips, "I'm so sorry-"

"I know you are." I said, "And its okay-"

"Yeah but I had so much stuff planned." he said and I placed his head down. The weight of his body on mine didn't bother me. It was comforting, in fact, "Where'd you go today?"

I loved how even though he was tired, he still wanted to know about my day. I ran my fingers through his hair, "Val took me to the Griffith Observatory."

"Oh." he smiled, "Did you feel like you were Emma Stone from La la land?"

"Not really." I laughed. He knew that that was my favorite movie, "She took me shopping too. I got two dresses."

"Can I see?" he asked, "What else did you get? Did you get more sweatpants? You literally have so many pairs of sweatpants but you always wear those old adidas ones."

"They're comfortable." I argued, "And I like adidas."

"I know."

"I didn't get them though. I'll show you the dresses later." I said, "Don't you wanna change?"

"Too tired." he said and jerked a little, "Is this fine? Should I move?"

"No no, its okay." I pulled him back and slumped lower on the bed.

"Good. 'Cause I'm really comfortable." his arms tightened around my waist, "And can you keep doing that hair thing- yeah that. God, it feels so good."

"At least take off the tie." I suggested, running my fingers through his black hair, "You hate wearing ties anyways."

"Bella, if you wanted me naked so badly-" I hit him on the back of his head and he scowled, "Yeah okay, I'll take off the tie."

But he was too tired to even take off his blue tie so I had to do it for him while he kept slumping down on my shoulder. He slipped into the similar position as before with his arms around my waist and his head on my chest, falling asleep almost immediately.

When I woke up, it was dark outside and I was alone on the bed. How long had I slept? And where was Calvin? As if on cue he walked into my line of sight. His shirt was gone. Not that I was complaining.

"Hey you're up." he grinned as I sat up, yawning and stretched. My muscles were slightly sore and I cracked my back.

"What time is it?" I asked through a yawn. I felt incredibly refreshed.

"You slept through dinner." he said, "Um, I didn't want to wake you. Sorry."

I frowned, "Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you apologizing so much?" I asked, "This is not a big deal. You know that, right? I'm not mad at you."

"Oh okay." he nodded and turned away for a moment, "You said you brought your swimming suit, right?"

"Yeah." I said, "Why?"

He grinned, "Wanna go swimming? Wesley has an indoor pool."

"Now?" I asked but smiled before he could reply, "Fine. Give me five minutes to change."

Five minutes later, we were walking towards the pool. I wore a cobalt blue one-piece under my enormous t-shirt, my hair in a little bun on top of my head to prevent it from getting wet. My hand was in Calvin's as he dragged me to the pool with child-like excitement.

The room was pretty big with a lower platform leading to the nice swimming pool. Plants and fountains covered the sides of it and one side of the wall was plain glass, showing the sprawling gardens of the estate. It was amazing.

"This is so cool." I stated, gaping at the room.

He pulled off the t-shirt he wore over his swimming trunks and dragged me towards the water, "C'mon."

I stuck a toe into the water and yelped, "Dude this is so cold."

"You'll get used to it, bella." Without a warning, he lowered himself into the pool, "C'mon, its fine."

He leaned his forearms on the ground. I shook my head, "Turn around."

He rolled his eyes, "Are you serious?"

"Yes. Turn." he didn't protest any further and turned in the water. Carefully, I took off my shirt and placed it on a chair far away from the water. I dipped my toe in the pool again, "Are you sure this- oh my god!"

Calvin turned swiftly and grabbed my ankle, pulling me into the pool. At least he didn't get my hair wet. I shivered and stood in the water.

He winked sheepishly, "Sorry babe."

One more sorry. Why? Shivering, I came closer and wrapped my arms around his neck, "O-Oh my g-god, its so c-cold."

He laughed against me and hugged me tight. My one-piece was deep at the back and his hand on my skin was warm, "Its okay, bella."

I pulled back a little but kept my arms around his neck, "Calvin?"

"Yeah?" he kissed my lips.

"Why are you apologizing so much?" he drifted us around and sunk in the water until he was neck deep in it.

"What do you mean?" his eyes were clouded.

"You know what I mean." I said, "Is it, um, is it because of June?"

His eyes darkened at the mention of her name and I held on tighter, "What about June?"

"You never told me about her before." I said, "And Val said you guys dated. And that...it didn't end that well."

"June is...my friend, bella." he sighed, "I like her as my friend-"

"I don't." I scoffed, "She's clearly in love with you."

Calvin raised his eyebrows, "Do I sense jealousy?"

"I don't know what you sense but all I'm sensing is this cold water and I do not like it." I muttered and he laughed. His hands went to the back of my bare thighs and he pulled them up to wrap around his waist so that I had the advantage of the height.

"You have nothing to be worried about." He said and bumped his nose to mine. I scrunched up my face, "I don't feel anything for June."

"But don't you hate her?" I asked, "Val told me how she treated you. She used you, Calvin. She told me that June manipulated you and controlled you and-"

His lips pressed to mine before I could finish. Hard but careful. I felt myself being pushed back against the back of the pool as he devoured me with burning passion. I kissed him back but not the same way. I kissed him softly as if to ease the pain she had caused him. Gentle and slow. When we pulled back for air, his eyes were blazing.

"Bella, we have limited time together." He pressed his forehead against mine, "Do you really want to talk about my ex-girlfriend?"

I swallowed and nodded, "I want to know, Calvin. If not today then later. Whenever you're ready to talk about it."

His eyes opened and he looked at me through his lashes, "I don't hate June. But you're right. She used me, cheated on me more times than I can count on all of my fingers-"

"What?" My eyes widened. I traced my thumb across his cheekbone. Rage boiled in my veins. I was going to kill her, "How can you still like her after all of that?"

"I didn't like her for a long time." he responded, "But she was Liz's friend and Liz and Wesley were...you know what they were and that's how we got closer again. I didn't develop any feelings for her after that and it was okay."

"Did you, um," my voice trembled a little, "Did you love her? June?"

"No. I thought I did but no. I didn't love her." he said it with no hesitancy, "But all the while I was with her, I felt like I was messing up. Like I was doing something wrong. And she didn't bother to tell me to stop apologizing. Not like you did."

"But you didn't mess up anything." I retreated my arms and legs but stayed close, "Cal, do I make you feel like you're messing up?"

"No."

"Because if I am, then I should be the one who should be sorry." I said, "Not you. You did nothing wrong, you hear me? Don't feel guilty."

"You're amazing, you know that?" he smiled and I reached forward to squeeze his hand, "Why are you so far?"

Frowning, I looked at the distance between us. He was right. I was pretty far. So I waded over in his direction but he swam back, smirking. I shot him a look and swam over but he moved back again. Jerk face.

"Dude, my hair's coming off- oh my gosh, I can't even stand here." We were now in the deep end of the pool and I was bobbing up and down desperately to tie my hair back. He laughed and came closer, holding me up until I had tied my hair. The water was up to his chin now and if I had tried standing, it would be to my nose. I let out a breath and gripped his shoulders, "Thank you."

He frowned and tucked back a loose strand behind my ear, "For what?"

"For this." I gestured to the pool, "For making me laugh, for picking me up from that horrendous party back in October, for cheering me up when I was moody, for this necklace and for that figurine you made me during Christmas, thanks for just being you."

He pressed his lips to mine gently, "It was my pleasure."

"I want you to know that you shouldn't have to change yourself. For me or for anyone else, okay?" I said and he nodded. I picked at my necklace, "You never told me why you got me this."

"Do I need a reason?" He asked. I was holding on to him for my dear life and I was pretty sure he was standing on his tip-toes, "I liked it so I bought it for you."

"And the figurine?"

"You don't like it?"

"No of course I like it." I said quickly. I had seen other things he had made and everything was amazing, "It's just...no one's ever built me anything."

"That was hardly anything, bella." He laughed, "And no one's built me anything either."

"Really? What about in class and stuff?" He shrugged and shook his head, "You know that that figurine is my good luck charm right?"

"What?" He laughed softly.

"Dude, I'm serious." I said, "I have it with me upstairs. That's the only reason my audition went well."

"No it's not." He said pointedly, "It went well because you're talented and you practiced. Not because of some stupid figurine."

"Say what you want." I muttered, brushing my lips lightly against his, "I think it's my good luck charm."

Out of nowhere, ugogu's voice echoed from the hallway, "Who's in here?"

Calvin's eyes widened like mine and he quickly pressed his lips to mine before taking a deep breath and ducking underwater.

Oh my God.

Is he retarded?

Before I could pull him up, ugogu was by the doorway, "Who's here?"

I turned in her direction and squeaked out, "Hey ugogu. It's just me."

Calvin's hands were on my legs under the water, the calluses on his fingers brushing against my bare calves.

"You here alone, dear?" She asked, frowning a little, "I'm pretty sure I heard voices."

"Nope it's just me." I said, hoping she couldn't see past my lie. His hands were on my thigh now, slowly running his fingers up and down.

"Right." Ugogu did not sound convinced, "Have you seen Calvin anywhere?"

"Nope." My voice came out a little shaky than necessary when he stroked the back of my knees. Ugogu still didn't leave.

Oh my God, my boyfriend is going to die.

"Well I can't find him anywhere." She wondered out loud, "He's not in his room so-"

"He's probably showering or walking around or something." I gasped out loud when I felt his lips above my knee, "H-He likes walking."

Oh my God, just leave. He's gonna die.

She narrowed her eyes at me, doubtfully, but finally turned around. I couldn't relax since his lips pressed against the back of my thigh, "Fine. Have a nice swim, dear."

The moment she stepped out, I pulled him out if the water and he gasped for air, grinning at me, "Hi."

I glared and he shook his head like a dog, "How stupid are you?"

He chuckled, "I think we've established that I'm very stupid."

"Yeah but you don't have to prove me right every time." I hit his shoulder lightly.

"What else was I supposed to do?" He asked.

"Uh, maybe just stay?" I suggested, "Two friends can swim in a pool, you know."

"Yeah, I guess so." he mumbled and I rolled my eyes at him, "And by the way, she totally knew you were lying."

"You couldn't hear me!" I exclaimed, "How do you know I was lying?"

"I told you." he smiled, "Its this thing you do-"

"With my whole body?" I asked. My mind couldn't stop thinking about the way his lips had felt on my leg, "Oh my God, Calvin."

"What?"

"How did you hold your breath for so long?"

"I didn't. It wasn't that long, bella." He said and reached to hold my face. His eyes drifted to the bun on top of my head, "I know you told me not to apologize but I'm kind of have to for what I'm about to do."

"What-"

Before I could even blink, Calvin had pulled me underwater. My eyes shut tight and I held my breath as he locked our fingers, pulling me closer.

I understood why he wanted to apologize since my hair was loose and undone but I didn't care as he pressed his lips to mine. Neither of us opened our mouths due to the water but it didn't make it any less overwhelming.

Percy Jackson wasn't lying. It really was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 656 16
*A SHORT WINTER ROMANCE* .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅. 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 and 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 used to be best friends. Until Bonnie's parents decided to mo...
16K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
1.3M 56.1K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...
1.7M 35.6K 34
After a tragic accident that completely changes her life, Annie and her twin brother, Austin, are taken in by the Emersons, a family of seven (drop-d...