𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚 || h.potter

By -catherined0blar

"Take my hand, Cassiopeia!" Harry shouts, looking at her with pleading eyes. "I can help you!" "I'm sorry, Ha... More

introduction
prologue ;
ONE | year 3
TWO | year 3
THREE | year 3
FIVE | year 3
SIX | year 3
SEVEN | year 3
EIGHT | year 3
NINE | year 3
TEN | year 3
ELEVEN | year 3
TWELVE | year 3
THIRTEEN | year 4
FOURTEEN | year 4
FIFTEEN | year 4
SIXTEEN | year 4
SEVENTEEN | year 4
EIGHTEEN | year 4
NINETEEN | year 4
TWENTY | year 4
TWENTY-ONE | year 4
TWENTY-TWO | year 5
TWENTY-THREE | year 5
TWENTY-FOUR | year 5
TWENTY-FIVE | year 5
TWENTY-SIX | year 5
TWENTY-EIGHT | year 5
TWENTY-SEVEN | year 5
TWENTY-NINE | year 5
THIRTY | year 5
THIRTY-ONE | year 5
THIRTY-TWO | year 5
THIRTY-THREE | year 5
THIRTY-FOUR | year 6
THIRTY-FIVE | year 6
THIRTY-SIX | year 6
THIRTY-SEVEN | year 6
THIRTY-EIGHT | year 6
THIRTY-NINE | year 6
FORTY | year 6
FORTY-ONE | year 6
FORTY-TWO | year 6
FORTY-THREE | year 6
FORTY-FOUR | year 6
FORTY-FIVE | year 6
FORTY-SIX | year 6
FORTY-SEVEN | year 6
FORTY-EIGHT | year 6
FORTY-NINE | year 6
FIFTY | year 6
FIFTY-ONE | year 6

FOUR | year 3

4.1K 157 42
By -catherined0blar

BOGGARTS

"Don't be so dramatic, brother." said Cassiopeia, grabbing the Daily Prophet and skimming through it, she noticed a familiar face in the front page. Achintee is not far from Hogwarts. He's coming closer.

"Sirius Black, he's trying to kill me."

His words echoed through her head...that would mean he's coming closer to murder Harry.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" asked Pansy, looking at Draco like he's a dream.

"It comes and goes. Still...I consider myself lucky." began ferret boy.

"Don't encourage him, Parkinson." muttered Cassiopeia.

"According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm."

•••

A tall wardrobe rattles violently, Cassiopeia frowns, regarding it warily along with her classmates.

"Intriguing, yes?" questioned Lupin, "Would anyone a guess as to what's inside?"

"That's a Boggart, that is." said a Gryffindor boy in a hushed voice.

"Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." said Hermione, Cassiopeia looks at her, the bushy haired girls' necklace shining. "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so --"

"Terrifying, yes.  Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart.  Let's practice it now, shall we?  Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" The students chorused.

"This class is ridiculous." scoffed Draco, as he mutters softly.

"Good.  So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough.  What really finishes a Boggart off is...laughter." He continued to explain, "You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing.  Neville, come up here, will you?"

Neville eyes the rattling wardrobe, steps forward queasily.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" questioned Lupin.

Neville says something very soft to be even heard by Lupin.

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."

"Professor Snape." said Neville, looking down embarrassed. The class laughs and Lupin nods.

"Hmmm... yes.  Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either."

"It won't.  But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind.  Can you do that?"

Neville closes his eyes. "She carries a red handbag..."

"That's fine.  We don't need to hear it.  If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Lupin leans close to Neville and whispers.  Neville's eyes pop open in shock and he Considers Lupin uncertainly.

" You can do this, Neville." reassured Lupin. Neville nods nervously, takes a deep breath.

"Right then.  Wand at the ready. One.  Two.  Three!" Lupin points his wand on the doorknob and with a click, the wardrobe bursts open. Snape appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward.

Cassiopeia watches as Neville backs away in fright.

"Think, Neville. Think!" said Lupin, giving the boy a small smile.

"R-r-riddikulus!" The boy stuttered, but still managed. Crack! Snape stumbles in a flash, and reappears in  long, lace-trimmed dress, a huge moth-eaten hat and red handbag. Cassiopeia laughs along with the class.

That'd be something she will never forget.

Neville blinks, amazed, then slowly, grins himself. Lupin turns on the music, and music fills the room.

"Ron! Forward!"

Snape dissolves into a mad whirling mass then mutates into a giant spider. Ron makes a scared cace, Ron raises his wand.

"Ridikulus!" Roller skates materialise on the spider's hairy feet and it begins to shuffle crazily in place. Ron relaxes as the class' laughter rings out.

Lupin laughs, "Parvati!"As Parvati steps up, the spider spins faster and faster, its skins darkening with diamond-thatched scales becoming a giant cobra.

"Ridikulus!"

       The cobra's hooded head bobs back and forth, transforms into a jack-in-the-box Lupin grins.

"That's worse than that cobra." muttered Cassiopeia, she was pushed into the line by someone and she stood behind Potter. She hits his back, and she muttered a sorry when he looked back.

"Next!" Lupin turns to see Harry step forward expectantly. Concern flickers through Lupins face, the jack in the box pivots on its spring, and transforming into a dementor.

Suddenly the music fades.  Harry starts to raise his wand, then... freezes, transfixed.  The Dementor looms closer and closer, when Lupin steps between, snaps his wand.

"Here!"

The dementor vanishes and roiling mist appears, which becomes clouds. Something glows within the clouds. The moon?

Why would someone be afraid of the moon?

"Ridikulus!"

The orb falls on the ground with a splash, it turned into slime. Lupin lets out a breath and continues, "Next!"

Cassiopeia approached the Boggart, she didn't know what or who she feared. Her father? Clowns? Rats?

The slime floated and started to spin. The sight before her is shocking.

It was herself.

She was scared of herself?

The Boggart who is the exact copy of her wore black robes, dark circles under her eyes, hair a mess. She was paler than before, her face looking rather drained and tired, her eyes that were once crystal blue looked like grey. She also looked older than her right now, maybe a few years.

Whispers follow in the classroom, and Cassiopeia took a step back in fright.

The Boggart opened its mouth to talk, her voice hoarse. "Your greatest fear will come true."

The Boggart started to lift her left long sleeve, and it hit her. She sees Something black on her forearm, before the boggart could lift up to show what's under her sleeve, Cassiopeia lifted her wand and yelled:

"Ridikulus!"

The Boggart exploded into confetti, but it did not make her laugh. Lupin used his wand to place the Boggart inside the wardrobe. The door slams shut.

"Well done, everyone." said Lupin, eyeing Cassiopeia who still stared at the same spot. "I think that's enough excitement for today."

Students 'awe' in disappointment, chattering loudly and some whispering while walking out of the classroom. Lupin glances at Cassiopeia as Draco grabs her arm to walk out of the classroom. As they exit, the wardrobe gives one last rattle.    

•••

"May I ask what it is that you saw?" asked Draco, confused.

"Didn't you see?" questioned Cassiopeia, "I'm sure you saw it."

"I did not." He shook his head, "Are you scared of yourself, Cas?"

"No." She shook her head, then turned to the fireplace. "I don't know."

"Your boggart looked tired and drained, like it has been staying up for decades." said Draco, "Are you sure you are all right?"

"I'm fine. I'd rather like it if we do not talk about it." She said, "The more we dwell on it, the more we get confused."

"I'm gonna go to bed." announced Draco. "Goodnight."

"Night." She replied, sitting down on the green couch, hugging the huge pillow.

No, she was not scared of herself.

But scared of being a Death Eater.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 17.1K 46
"Order of the Phoenix." When Hogwarts becomes an unsafe place, Cassiopeia Tonks learns that if there's going to be a real war, she'd rather fight kno...
55.2K 1.3K 51
Cass only moved because her Father wanted her to (the fact that she had been denied access back to her old school quite frankly had nothing to do wit...
43.3K 806 73
"I'm sorry Gemini." The blonde said to me looking like he was about to cry. "Why? Why would you do this?" I said screaming at him and pushing him awa...
110K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...