ateez family au

By cuteezers

Because I am a sucker for these *updates at least twice a week *mentions of mpreg More

Pilot
oo1
oo2
oo3
oo4
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9
o10
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
o19
o20
o21
o22
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28
o29
o30 - ateez family au au
o31
o32
o33
o34
o35
o36
o37
o38
o39
o40
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50 - ateez family au au pt2
o51
o52
o53
o54
o55
o56
o57
o58
o59
o60
o61
o62
o63
o64
o65
o66
o67
o68
o69
o70
o71 - halloween special
o72
o73
o74
o75
o76
o77
o78
o79
o80
o81
o82
o83
o84
o85
o86
o87
o88
o89
o90
o91
o92
o93
o94
o95
o96
o97
o98
o99
100 - season finale
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
114
115
116
117 - valentine's day special
118 - family au au pt.3 100K SPECIAL
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177

113

2.6K 139 56
By cuteezers

"You did great today," Seonghwa praised and planted a kiss on Wooyoung's forehead.

The family had finally arrived at their home after the long night. The evening had been quite eventful and exhausting for the Kim kids. These gatherings just drained them to the bone. Too many noisy people. It wasn't that they didn't like socializing, they were quite the out-goers even, but there was something about the people at the business gatherings that just didn't fit with them. On these days, they were so thankful for Chan and his siblings for being there with them.

"We won't have to go there anytime soon again, I promise," the parent added and tucked the boy in, then turned to his youngest who was patiently waiting for his goodnight peck. "Mhm~ Jongie did well too," he chuckled and pressed a short kiss on the crown of the boy's head.

"Right? I was good today!" he sleepily mumbled and snuggled into his bed. "Goodnight, Papa," he muffled into the blanket and closed his eyes, too exhausted to stay awake any second longer.

"Goodnight, bunny," Seonghwa said softly "Sleep well, Wooyoung, mhm?"

"Goodnight, Pa~"

Seonghwa left the room and finally entered his own. He and Hongjoong took turns in checking up on the kids, today had been his turn. Much to his husband's convenience.

Hongjoong had taken the twenty minutes he had to prepare his own little 'after-show-party'. He had grabbed two wine glasses, the expensive bottle from the shelf in the basement. It was ridiculous how Seonghwa still kept the alcohol somewhere high where he couldn't reach it without a step-on. But he had overcome that obstacle. Hongjoong took a last look around their bedroom and nodded at himself in approval. The lights dimmed, the wine ready and candles lit for the extra feeling. Just as he turned, the door opened and Seonghwa stepped foot into the room.

His brows rose in surprise and a soft, excited chuckle rolled over his lips. "Mhm~ I thought celebrations are over?" he purred and let his husband fill his last glass of alcohol for the month.

"the one for everyone else is... but I felt the urge to set this up for the actual person we should thank" he replied and approached the elder. Hongjoong stood on his tiptoes for a second and pressed a small peck on the elder's lips before giving him his glass. "Thank you for making this all possible for me"

Seonghwa cracked a flushed smile and held onto the younger. "You built it yourself, Hongjoong. I don't like it when you don't give yourself the credit for your work"

Hongjoong took a breath and circled his glass, a little in thought. "I don't think I would have this ambition if I didn't have you and our children... no, I know that it's you and the beautiful things that you gave me; it keeps me going and reach higher and higher" he replied and leaned his head against the elder's chest. It was warm and soft, just like he was. Seonghwa had always been the warmth and softness in his once so cold and harsh life. "I love you"

Seonghwa's lips puffed and suddenly he softened. "I love you too ~" he gave back, his voice almost whiny. He felt guilt scratch at him as he couldn't find the right words to put together. Hongjoong had this natural talent of always knowing the right word at the right time, and to this day his little confessions stole his breath and made him feel young again. And he wished so bad that once he would be able to his sweet as honey words.

"Ahh... this took a quite emotional turn~ I haven't planned that. No, back to the track-" Hongjoong called and uncoiled himself from his husband's grip. He carefully skipped to the commode and grabbed the remote for the stereo system. He played slow music in low volume and extended his hand. "May I ask for a dance?" he grinned and put his half-finished glass on the commode, next to the remote.

Seonghwa sighed with a smile. "My feet hurt~" he replied but complied.

"I earned this one dance," Hongjoong said and put his husband's glass away. "Because you ditched me to dance with Yunho instead" he chuckled and slung his arms around Seonghwa's body.

"You ditched me to talk to your dear sponsors, Sir~" he replied and let out a little giggle. "Our son had the right manners and asked his father to dance, as he should," he added and swung his hips to the rhythm. There was a comfortable silence spreading, and they both appreciated the moment to enjoy the rare peace. Little things like this started to become rarer and rarer, and whenever they found the time, it became a beautiful memory.

"Five years, huh..." Hongjoong marked by and turned them to the right. "I can't believe it's been five years since I left for service... it feels like yesterday."

The elder tilted his head and a nostalgic expression spread on his face. "It's been so long, already?"

~

"Ah, our Hongjoongie is leaving for service too!" his father-in-law cheered and rose his glass.

"He's so grown already~" Yonghwan joked and pinched the younger's cheek. "Becoming a man already, ah~ they grow up so fast"

The table was filled with all his favorite dishes, all his favorite people were sitting with him here and had his last feast with him. It was bittersweet, the taste of this occasion. The next morning this would become a memory to hold dear, something so fragile.

Tomorrow morning, before the sun would rise, he would be on his way already.

His eyes examined his family, how his children fought over the last bit of the stew, how Yonghwan and his father-in-law told their service stories. How Seonghwa and his mother were already in their emotions. The picture was so pure and beautiful, he would hold on to it whenever homesickness spread in his chest.

Soon the dinner ended, and they started to use the last hours to fresh up the memories. Hongjoong was only listening with one ear, the other was dedicated to his twins next to him. he heard them whisper to each other. Then, San nudged his side. "d-do you want to play with us... before you go?" he asked shyly and tipped his lips.

"I would love to, San" he replied and just rose from his spot, let his twins drag him to the living room. Just a second later Yunho and Mingi followed, behind them Wooyoung who tugged little Jongho with him. There was nothing he would rather do at the moment. So, he sat there in the middle of the carpet and let his children explain the game. It was this exact moment that almost got his emotions to pool. But he wouldn't dare to make his children feel bad or even sad, he wouldn't allow himself to be the cause. He had learned one thing from his father; to not be like him.

~

Giggling he fell back into the large mattress spread on the floor. His arms were wide open and closed when all six of them laid in between them. Hongjoong took in their smell, the softness of their hair tickling his nose. It was time to say goodnight – and goodbye.

Jongho was the first to sit up and puff his lips. The bottom lip trembled already and just a second later the youngest shed his first tear of the night. "Ah, Jongie, don't do this to Daddy," Hongjoong said and took his son in his arm, hugging him tightly.

"Don't go away" he hiccupped and gripped onto his parent tightly. "I don't want that"

And in just seconds, it infected the fest of his brothers and they clung to Hongjoong. It was a single tear that rolled down his burning cheek and it made him curse himself. He couldn't allow himself to give in. "It's all okay... Daddy will take as much vacation as he can to come home... Time will fly so fast; you won't even notice that I was gone. And then we will be together again, mhm? It's all fine"

"No..." Mingi cried and wiped over his puffed, wet cheeks. "It's so long..."

"And I will miss you too much"

"It's so far away..."

Hongjoong took a deep breath and spread his arms around them the last time, pressed kisses on their heads. That moment also would be engraved in his memories. He wouldn't ever be able to forget.

~

And there was the last destination.

He gathered his strength and opened the door to the attached bathroom to reveal Seonghwa preparing everything. Hongjoong had refused to get his hair cut in a salon; he wanted his husband to do it instead.

Seonghwa looked up from the razor in his hand; there was a pained smile plastered on his face. "Ready?"

Hongjoong hummed and nodded, sat on the stool quietly. He felt Seonghwa's slender fingers weave through his long hair; they massaged his scalp so softly. Then, the ear-tearing noise of the razor echoed through the bathroom and he held his breath.

Seonghwa's hand was slightly trembling as he neared his husband's hair. He didn't want to do this but he had to. So, while biting his lip bloody, he started to cut off the soft locks. Complete silence reigned over the couple the whole time, the air was heavy, almost as heavy as their hearts. Some words needed to be said, but only thinking about them hurt already. So, they kept silent. And when Seonghwa was done, when he was standing in front of him and his shaved head, the elder gave in. He let himself fall on his lap and just cried silently.

This was ridiculous, he knew that so well. Hongjoong had left for many things already, but this time was different though. He wouldn't be able to call him every night, he wouldn't be able to come home often. He would be gone. And though he was a grown man and parent, Seonghwa felt like he wouldn't be able to take it.

Hongjoong wordlessly slung his arms tightly around the elder's body and pressed him to him. he buried his face in his shoulder, allowed himself to shed a tear. The silence tore him apart but they needed this. Just a moment to just get rid of all the pressure.

"I love you" Seonghwa sniffed and dared to lean his forehead against Hongjoong's. he couldn't stop himself from crying; the drops fell on the younger's cheeks and mixed with his.

Hongjoong freed a hand and brought it to the elder's cheek; Seonghwa leaned into it immediately. He wiped off the never-ending tears softly and engraved that moment also. He wanted to remember it. "I love you"

-
:')

*I do not know why I did that*

Ouch.

-gulkurusubb

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 224 43
- Halateez !ยก au - โ You again? โž - โ You say that as if you're not secretly pleased. โž Ended : 05/01/24
181K 1.9K 26
(@woahhwa on tumblr) contains mature content; read at your own consent; requests open :D
11.1K 353 20
Welcome to Wonderland. Enjoy your stay. trigger warnings !! mentions of blood and death !!
51.3K 3.4K 15
wooyoung keeps forgetting things to see san again. ateez; wooyoung + san lowercase intended completed