Strive // Kai Parker

By CobraKai_1994

Azalea Bennett, she got her happy ending only to realise it was just the beginning of the epic ride Kai Parke... More

Introduction
<1>
<2>
<3>
<4>
<5>
<6>
<7>
<8>
<9>
<10>
<11>
<12>
<13>
<14>
<15>
<16>
<17>
<18>
<20>
<21>
<22>
<23>
<24>
<25>
<26>
<27>
<28>
<29>
<30>
<31>
<32>
<33>
<Epilogue: Part One>
<Epilogue: Part Two>
<Epilogue: Final Part>
My final say ❤

<19>

1K 45 6
By CobraKai_1994

The wall's were barely standing, the vines and moss had covered every inch i could see. The bell tower had totally collapsed along with various sections of the church itself. Some stained glass had been shattered and no one would ever know. This place had long been forgotten, the perfect save haven for any runaway.

Aside from the ones who were chased by me.

Three days, it had taken. To find her, to analyse her, to corner her. In truth it was a nice place to hide, the candles provided light and heat and the surrounding forest offered an array of food. However, it was also a nice place to die. Even if that was a courtesy Kalani didn't deserve.

I had yet to step foot inside, where i knew she would be doing her daily reparation of the planks on the windows. She had to keep the cold out, to bad she couldn't keep me out with it.

One step and she knew someone was there, another one was reassurance. The third struck panic and the forth was where she finally spotted me. Stood in front of the old creaking doors she hadn't had the common sense to lock.

"You look aghast my friend." Truly she did, from the depths her eyes sunk or the paleness of her skin. Either way it was deathly.

"I hadn't expected company." She muttered out, lining her self up straight.

"I would have been here sooner had the trip been a shorter distance. It's almost as if your running from me." The silence on her end was to be expected, she was unsure and nervous of what i would do.

I held all the cards.

The uncertainty of what comes next surely had her anxious, though for me it was calming. I had spent hours upon hours planning how this interaction would go. It was what i chose to fill my thoughts opposed to the alternative that i fought to let in. And it all started with Piere.

He slammed the doors of the church open, huffing with breath as if he had been rushing with all his might to get here. As expected Kalani's attention turned to him, tears of relief swelled in her vision as she rushed towards the man.

"I thought you would have died, i though-" He spluttered and mumbled his words to his daughter, stroking her head in affection.

"It's okay, we are here now. I'm fine, i'm alive." She responded with relief, pushing her father behind her as she inched back from me. I only stood with my hands clasped behind my back.

"Let's leave, we should go." Her father pleaded as she nodded, before they made it any where near the door i had slammed it closed.

"Don't you wish to hear about my trip?" She shook her head, raising her hand in an offensive manner. I rolled my eyes taking a seat on one of the benches littering the room, turning to face her and Piere. My head rested on my arm as i let out a calm breath.

"The silence was the worst part, i must admit. But three day's of your own mind? I had to fill it somehow." I turned back towards the front watching the sculpture that stood centre stage. Nailed to a cross for the sins of others.

A shrill scream echoed from Kalani as i snapped Piere's neck. She fell to the floor with him, hitting the cold ground with a thud. I stood walking towards the pair, crouching down to twirl her hair between my fingers.

"I found my self reading for the majority of it, spell's and tricks. Hexes and mind games." Her eyes flitted to me with hatred and rage, as i made her fathers corpse float away. She grasped for it only to find thin air.

"I never killed him." I whispered as her tears halted and she stared in confusion.

"He's alive?" The hope in her voice was happily crushed by me as i dropped her lifeless curls.

"Oh no honey. He died, in way's i'm sure you never want to see." Her throat bubbled in an attempt to push back the sound of her sobs.

"I watched, of course. He liked to beg didn't he? Poor little Piere." She pushed forward, tackling me to the floor. A bemused and pitiful laugh escaped me as i latched onto her arm, draining everything she needed to escape me. When she was on the thin line of consciousness i pulled away dropping her to the floor.

"How long had you planned to torture me with hope?" I asked venomously, she looked up sobbing quietly.

"Not you, him." Was her meek response, i chuckled and unamused laugh.

"Well. Forgive me for being wounded." I looked to my stomach, like i had for the days since-

"How long?" I asked moving my eyes back to her. Changing the topic. Her eyes danced around the room, looking for escape or hope.

"5 months, then a miscarriage. I never expected you to go for a scan, i thought you would use the magical alternatives, the ones i could trick." I nodded looking down to her.

"When you go so long with out magic on demand, you rely on the mundane techniques. I wanted it all, the first scan, the first heart beat, their hands and feet in clay." I shook my head pushing back the tears, just a little longer.

"Only to find i could have none. None of it was real, and you." I sneered.

"You did it all because of some one else. What had i done to you?" I asked angrily as she shook her head.

"Nothing, you did nothing except love the wrong person." In anger, sorrow and hatred i barely tamed it.

The rush of magic that shot from my palms the release of tears, the scream proclaiming my hatred towards the world.

I watched her body smash against the wall, covering the candles in fresh blood, the wall's crumbled letting in the dim light of the moon as i fell to my knees in front of the ever still statue. With all my agony and heart ache my magic had nullified, the only evidence it had been there was the rush of warm blood trickling from the eyes of Christ.

The harsh red slipped slowly down the marble white.

With no distraction i was allowed to think, of what had been stolen from me and how i had let it happen. How i deserved what i had gotten, i always knew i had been the villain hadn't i?

Tears fell now, in sync with the statue i watched closely.

"A god? Viscous, cruel and barbaric. I thought you had given me the world and i took it, how pathetic and naïve i was." I shook my head at my stupidity, to ever think i deserved happiness.

"Your no God, your no man. Your just a sinner with the lies of a saint." The blood pooled at his feat, surrounding me.

"For a God so loving and selfless you sure did create so many monsters and so much misery." I laughed a weak and mocking laugh, tormenting myself and him at the same time.

"I guess i deserved this though didn't i? The monster in every child's nightmare. It's only fair i didn't deserve my own right father?" I sneered the name, gave it every last bit of hate i could muster. The blood seemed to thicken.

"You took my only piece of humanity."

"Am i even worth the forgiveness of one so mighty?" I snickered glaring at the God.

"Everyone is a sinner though right?" I stood from my spot, letting a breathless laugh escape me. The tears of sadness turned to tears of anger and the blood rushed quicker.

"What makes me so different? Why am i set aside from your perfect creatures? Oh wait, i get it." I don't know why i chose a God i didn't believe in to vent to. But i knew someone had to listen.

"I'm a traitor."

"A liar."

"A sinner who you choose not to forgive."

"A burden."

"A murderer."

"An abomination."

"Your not an abomination." My head whipped to the doors of the church to find Kai stood still, hands in his pockets. He began to walk forward.

"Your not a liar, a traitor, a sinner, a burden or a murderer. Not to me." A strangled sob let my lips as i rushed forward to bury myself into him. He wasted no time taking me in, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

"You don't have to worry anymore baby, you don't have to shut it out. I'm here now." He whispered the words softly as i nodded. I held the fabric of his shirt so tightly, as if he was trying to pull away but i knew he never would, not to me.

"I thought once i killed her it would all go away you know?" I whimpered out but once the words left me i felt stupid, of course it wouldn't, it never would.

"I know babe, i know." His voice came out strangled making me look up to his watery grey eyes. My fingers trailed up to wipe the liquid away.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you." I reached up placing a sad kiss to his cheek.

"It's my fault, it's all my fault-" I frowned as the words left his lips.

"Don't." He closed his mouth and looked regretfully into my eyes.

"It could never be your fault."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4K 22
What would happen if our beloved Bonnie Bennett had family that was truly in her corner, knew the ups and downs of her life and was always willing to...
1.5M 41.4K 32
{Book 1} Cassidy Gilbert and Damon Salvatore were no more than a second too late to return from the other side in the midst of its collapse, doomin...
389K 7.7K 57
"Kai, please." I whine. A smirk comes upon his face as he looks at me and my reactions. "Please what? You want me, Elle? How bad?" Kai asks. "Reall...
549 16 9
When one, small decision leads to a mystical twist in fate. To months of push and pull in a war of dyads. An epic love, in the most unlikely of pairi...