Garrett's Other Side

By sxmply_basxc

Garrett Overboe is a tik tok-er you went to school with and are just now catching up with. He's so sweet, car... More

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.) 🍒
16.) 🍒
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.) 🍒
22.)
⚠️ ATTENTION ⚠️
23.)
25.)
26.) 🍒
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.) 🍒
33.)
34.)
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.) 🍒
39.)
40.)
41.) 🍒
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.) 🍒
47.)
48.)
Part 49: Jimmy
50.) 🍒
✨ EPILOGUE ✨

24.)

1.2K 32 0
By sxmply_basxc

Rachelle's P.O.V:

"Are you ready Garrett?!"

We planned to leave at 3pm and it's currently 6:35pm.

"Babe, come on! I told my parents we'd be there at 11 tonight" I yelled.

"But that's not gonna happen because we're almost three hours behind schedule" I mumbled under my breathe in anger.

I heard Garrett stomping out of his bedroom to the living room.

"Rachelle, I told you I'd be ready in 5 minutes. Please be patient."

I just sat there with my arms crossed and my eyebrow raised in annoyance. I told him yesterday what time we had leave in order to be at my parents house at a reasonable time and he's still not ready.

Well, 11pm isn't really "reasonable" per-say, but we thought getting there the night before was smart so we'd have a whole three days to spend with my family.

But now we're not getting there until at least 2:40am. But at the rate Garrett's going, we won't be there until next week.

Finally, Garrett came out saying he was ready to go and asked where my bag was.

"I already put it in the car since you were taking forever." I mumbled the last part not wanting to completely start a fight, but wanting to get it off my chest.

He just rolled his eyes at me.

***

"I need water" I stated honestly.

"You grabbed a water before we left, right" Garrett asked looking at me in disbelief.

"Well, yes, but that was 4 hours ago" I said.

"You can't wait any longer" he asked sounding annoyed at me.

"Clearly not, Garrett" I said giving back attitude.

"Babe, is something wrong" he asked looking at me for a split second.

"Yes. I'm thirsty" I answered sarcastically.

"That's not what I'm talking about."

"Then what are you talking about" I asked.

"You've been moody all day. This whole car ride you've been snarky" he said calmly.

"What" I asked not believing he'd just said I was "moody" for needing water.

"Did I do something wrong? Is there something I need to know, baby" he asked so sweetly.

I realized that my stress was starting to seem directed towards him. I didn't even realize it.

"I'm sorry Garrett. I... I just" I started. "Well, I was annoyed that you slept through your alarm and that we were three hours behind schedule, but the main thing is..." I stopped for a second.

"What is it" he asked.

"Nothing. I don't want to make excuses. I shouldn't be rude to you just because I'm upset. I'm sorry Lover Boy" I said not wanting to play the victim.

"No. If you're having a bad day let's talk about it" he said grabbing my hand.

"Garrett, it's fine. There's no reason for me to be rude" I said again.

"Rachelle, if you don't want to talk about why you're mad, fine, but I want you to know that I can understand being upset. If you're not directly mad at me then I'll leave it alone, but I want you to know I'm here if you want to talk" he said kissing my hand.

I wanted to cry. I'd been mean to him all day and here he is being so sweet. Thank God for Garrett.

"Ok. I am sorry though. I don't mean to be rude" I said sincerely.

"I forgive you Princess. You're human, I don't blame you" he said looking at me to smile before looking back at the road.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have snapped" he said.

"I forgive you" I said simply.

I leaned over to kiss Garrett's cheek. "I don't deserve you" I said after the kiss.

"Please stop saying that" he said shaking his head.

"Why" I asked slightly embarrassed.

"I'm the one that doesn't deserve you" he said making my embarrassment go away.

"Oh, no. You don't get to steal my sweet little line" I said jokingly.

"Yes, I can. You don't need it because it's not true for you. It's true for me so it makes more sense for me to say it" he said trying to use "logic".

"Garrett, we're not doing this. I don't deserve you and that's that" I said thinking I finished the argument.

"Babe, no! You're literally an angel. You're perfect. I'm the f*cked up one" he said getting serious.

"I've literally been mean all day. I'm not an angel" I said honestly.

"You were angry for other reasons. You didn't mean to be rude" he said making excuses for me.

"That doesn't change the fact that I was mean" I said back.

"You weren't even mean. You were just sarcastic" he said.

"Well, I'm still no angel" I said again.

"What makes you think that" he asked sounding absolutely baffled.

"I put a strain in the relationship" I said speaking before I thought about what I was saying.

"Wait, what" he said looking over at me.

"Nothing" I said cringing slightly.

"No, what are you talking about" he asked authoritatively.

I paused hesitantly.

"I know I've been stressing you out lately" I said sadly.

"I mean, I can hardly sleep, so every time you're with me you don't sleep either. I hardly eat, which stresses you out. I'm exhausted all the time from no sleep so I'm boring, and so much more" I said completely crushed.

I don't know where this was coming from, but it was true. I don't why I just broke, but I just stated how I'd been feeling for about a week.

His silence was scaring me. Did he agree?

Suddenly he pulled over.

"What are you doing? This probably isn't legal" I said worried about a cop driving by us on the freeway.

"I'm not worried about that right now Rachelle" he said looking at me seriously.

"Look at me."

"What" I said avoiding eye contact.

"You don't really believe that stuff do you?"

I had no idea what to say. Of course I believed it. I know he doesn't want to admit it, but I'm draining us. He won't leave me alone, so he's just as tired and stressed.

I know seeing me like this was not what he signed up for when we got together.

"Baby..." Garrett said sounding so broken.

"You not being ok isn't a strain. It may not be fun, and it may even be hard, but it's not straining on me. I want to be here for you" he said.

I really didn't know what to say.

"You know I'm not upset with you because of this, right" he asked tugging my chin to look at him.

"I— I don't know" I answered.

"Oh, baby" he said scooting his chair as far back as it would go.

"Come here" he said patting on his lap.

"What" I asked.

"Come here" he said lightly smiling.

I slowly climbed over the armrest and into his lap.

He cradled me for a little bit before speaking.

"Babe?"

"Yes?"

"I want you to know that I'm not upset with you. This isn't easy, but nothing like this ever is. It's ok to not be ok. I'm not judging you, I'm not angry, I don't think you're a drag, nothing like that" he said rubbing my thighs.

I started to cry.

Damn it, Rachelle. Don't cry!!! Ugh!!

"Awww, babe... What is it" he asked wiping my tears before pulling me into his chest.

I just cried in his chest for a little bit before talking.

"I just don't want you to leave me" I said after sitting up.

"Honey, I'm not going anywhere" he said assertively.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to be over dramatic" I said trying to wipe away my tears and stop crying.

"It's ok Princess. Don't be sorry" he said pulling me in against his chest again.

I just sat there quietly waiting for this wave of sadness to leave.

"You're my angel" I said just loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh, Rachelle. I'm so happy I have you" he said rubbing my back and kissing the top of my head.

There were a million things rushing through my head. All doubt.

He can't really love you. You're too much for him to handle. You're the problem. You're stressing him out. He's scared of being with you. He can't handle this strain. This isn't what he wanted when he asked you out.

He pulled me up to look at him. My sadness and doubt of his care was wiped away with just a couple of words.

"I'll never want to piece anyone else together" he said kissing my lips sweetly.

"I love you" he said pressing our foreheads together.

"I love you too" I said kissing him again.

// A.N: I thought this was sweet and gave a deeper look into Rachelle and Garrett's relationship, so I really hope you enjoyed it. If you enjoyed it, vote :) Much love <3 //

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 356 46
"I want to help you." His bright eyes sparkle in the moonlight. "You can't help me! You hurt me!" By now, the tears I had been desperately trying to...
20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
84.1K 3.7K 69
Hide who you are so they can't see your vulnerable side. Hide your beauty so you know how they act when you have flaws. "I hate it!" I hate this s...
239 1 34
"Tell me how bad you want it," he spoke softly. "How bad you want me to ruin you." He caressed my waist, running his hands up to my chest. I moaned i...