Garrett's Other Side

By sxmply_basxc

Garrett Overboe is a tik tok-er you went to school with and are just now catching up with. He's so sweet, car... More

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.) 🍒
16.) 🍒
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.) 🍒
22.)
⚠️ ATTENTION ⚠️
24.)
25.)
26.) 🍒
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.) 🍒
33.)
34.)
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.) 🍒
39.)
40.)
41.) 🍒
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.) 🍒
47.)
48.)
Part 49: Jimmy
50.) 🍒
✨ EPILOGUE ✨

23.)

1.4K 31 10
By sxmply_basxc

Garrett's P.O.V:

It's been two weeks since Rachelle's nightmares started, and it only seems to be getting worse.

She won't tell me what they're about, but I know it's not good. Well, duh.

She's been going to work absolutely exhausted and coming over my place to sleep after work. She said she feels safe in my arms, so that's where she lays.

It's still not enough. She still cries and shivers due to the nightmares. I kill myself over whether to let her sleep or to wake her up.

I wish I knew how to help, but I just don't. Even if she told me everything going on up there I still wouldn't be able to make it go away. It doesn't work like that.

I'm so worried about her.

I don't see her eat anymore. When she does, it's because I practically beg her to, and that's scary. I can't imagine what's going on in her head.

***

I heard my phone ring, so I rolled over to shut it off. Before I did, I read the name.

*Rachelle*

"What's wrong baby" I asked completely out of it.

I heard her sob into the speaker. She sounded like she'd just been tortured and given 10 seconds to notify someone.

"Babe?" I yelled.

"BABE? What's wrong??"

Rachelle's P.O.V:

"It won't stop" I sobbed to him.

"What won't stop babygirl" he asked in a raspy voice.

He'd clearly been sleeping, but I was too caught up in my nightmare to care who's sleep I'd disrupted.

"I n-need you" I stuttered out.

"Ok, ok. I'm— let me—" I heard him rustle around, his words being muffled from the speaker being covered.

"I'll be over there asap, ok? Imma tell Mo I'm leaving and I'll be there, ok" he asked sounding terribly concerned.

"Ok."

...

I heard a knock on the door, pulling me from the pillow clung to my chest for comfort.

I slowly walked to the stairs of the apartment, still shaking from terror. I tumbled down the stairs, unlocking the door to see a tired Garrett holding a duffel bag.

"Oh God, Baby. I was so worried" he said slamming his body to mine.

"I'm so sorry" I said starting to sniffle.

Garrett turned from locking the door up again, looking as serious as a heart attack saying "no. You're not sorry."

I was confused. What does he mean?

"You're not sorry because I'm not letting you be sorry" he said with full sincerity.

"There's no need to be sorry. You need me and that's all that matters. Nothing else, ok" he asked tilting my head up to look at him.

"Nothing" he said again.

His words were so sweet. How could he be so loving right now? I just woke him up from a good sleep and had him drive 20 minutes to see me and he's not upset?? How? Why?!

"What did I do to deserve you" I asked softly.

"Oh stop" he said pulling me in for another hug. "You know I'm the one that got lucky."

He took his shoes off and hung his coat up before walking upstairs. He grabbed my waist, helping me walk.

When we got in the room I decided to ask about the bag to distract myself.

"W-why do you— you have a b-bag" I asked shakily.

"I'm not leaving you" he stated boldly.

"What?"

He got under the covers, patting next to him for me to lay down, completely ignoring me.

I glided to the bed, barely picking up my feet when I walked. I laid down next to him, cuddling close to him.

"I'm staying here until you kick me out" he said.

I snuggled my head into his neck and curled my hands in between our chests while his hand draped on my hip.

"I guess you're gonna— gonna be here a l-long time" I replied back.

"Good."

He slowly rubbed up and down my side, circling his fingers when they were dragging along my hip.

I instantly felt calm. It wasn't completely gone, but I felt like no one could get me here. I was safe. He can't touch me now.

"Did you pray" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes. I called my d-dad and we... we prayed after I called... you" I answered.

"Good. That's good Princess."

"I love that nickname" I said moving my head up to look at him.

It was dark, but I could kind of see his face light up with a smile from the television light.

"Oh, ya" he asked leaning back, creating more space to see each other better.

"Yes"

"Why is that, Princess" he asked smiling when he emphasized the name.

"It makes me feel special I guess."

It was a lazy answer, but truth be told, it's just that simple. I like it. It's a sweet, loving, and cute nickname.

"Well, it's a special name for a special girl" he said kissing my forehead.

His lips stayed pressed on my head for a long time. I didn't mind though, it was nice.

My dad used to hold me and kiss my head while he prayed for me when I had nights like these.

I know it sounds weird but this felt good. It felt like home.

I miss them.

"Garrett?"

He removed his lips looking down at me. "Yes?"

"Do you want to meet my family" I asked, feeling silly for asking it.

"Of course I do, babe. I've been waiting for like, ever" he said laughing lightly making me smile.

"Why? Your mom ask about me again" he joked. I laughed with him.

"Well, the only people who know about... this... is my family. I know you're trying your best, but I can't... I can't talk to you the way I can talk to them" I say hoping he doesn't get mad.

"I understand babe. It's ok to want them right now. I see how heavy this is weighing on you" he said placing my hair behind my ear.

"I appreciate everything you're doing Garrett. I mean that" I said.

"I know you do, honey" he said sweetly.

"But... I can't... I can't tell you yet" I said quietly.

It was quiet for a little bit. I didn't know what else to say. It was true. I don't want his idea of me to change.

I know what happened wasn't my fault, but it's still hard to have someone look at you like a lost puppy when you tell them what happened.

I didn't want him to baby me because he's scared of triggering or repeating anything from the past. I want us to be free. Free to makes bad memories... good memories.

I just don't think I'm ready yet.

"I'll still be here" he said ripping me from my thoughts.

"I'm not going to leave just because I don't know everything about you."

As he spoke I sat quietly, not wanting to ruin his heartfelt words.

"You're like a book. I don't look at the cover and know everything, I have to read you chapter by chapter" he said.

I couldn't stop smiling at him. This was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard someone say before.

He's so understanding.

"I... I love you" I said starting to believe it. Maybe.

I could see him smile. He smiled so big the light from the television made his teeth glow.

"No, I love you" he said kissing me before I could protest.

My body still lightly shook, but I tried to ignore it since this was an amazing feeling.

His lips against mine? Pure bliss.

"Are you cold babygirl" he asked pulling away from me, resting his head on mine.

"A little... but it's mainly... um" I stuttered.

"That's ok baby. You're not bothering me" he said ever-so-sweetly, understanding me.

He abruptly sat up, reaching behind his head to grab the hood of his hoodie, pulling it over.

"What are you doing Lover Boy" I asked looking at his bare back.

"Wear my hoodie" he said handing it back to me.

"Garrett, it's ok. We have covers" I said trying to reason.

"Please" he said, pushing his lip out to pout.

"I don't need it Lover Boy" I said sitting up and handing it back to him.

"It'll make me feel good if you did" he said giving the cutest puppy eyes.

I smiled at his adorable face. I grabbed his chin and pulled it close to mine, placing a kiss on his soft and plump lips.

"Ok" I said pulling over the hoodie over my head and down my torso.

...

Before I went to sleep I needed to make sure he'd pull me from my Hell when I needed him to.

"Will you wake me up if I'm loud" I asked slightly embarrassed that I've woken him up multiple times because I scream in my sleep now.

He hesitated.

"I... I guess so" he said with a pity-filled smile.

"Thank you" I said, getting "you're welcome" from Garrett.

Drifting off to sleep, I snuggled as close as possible to Garrett's chest. I started to trace shapes and words on his bare chest before planting a kiss there.

"I like me better when I'm with you" I said quoting his words from ages ago.

"I like me better with you too" he said kissing the top of my head.

// A.N: don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter!! much love <3 //

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
3.9K 147 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
135 0 13
"He looked into my eyes before he bent his head down and started dragging his tongue along my wet body. Grinning as he got higher, I knew what he was...
84.1K 3.7K 69
Hide who you are so they can't see your vulnerable side. Hide your beauty so you know how they act when you have flaws. "I hate it!" I hate this s...