Abstruse | H.S.

By fvck1dmyheart

ab·struse: difficult to understand; obscure. "Baby?" Harry questions, a hint of worry in his voice, "Fuck Ara... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Seventeen

326 10 1
By fvck1dmyheart

HARRY

Didn't think I'd be in this situation again.

Waking up in a bed next to Ara, for the second time.

I let my head get the best of me again, and I felt..bad for Ara. What I saw last night, what I witnessed was heartbreaking. That wasn't a word I used a lot.

In my line of work, I never feel bad. There is not a sympathetic bone in my body. But for whatever reason without my control, I couldn't help but want to help her. I didn't even know I was doing it until after it was done.

I have seen a lot of horrible shit. Hell; I've done a lot of the horrible shit I've seen. But seeing Ara so..angry and so destroyed after interacting with her mother was an image I couldn't get out of my head. It was haunting; and I hated that I felt that way.

I never want to see Ara so distraught ever again. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous. And that's because it is. But I had an overwhelming, uncontrollable need to, I don't know, protect her?

I can't even begin to explain it. I don't even understand it myself. I hardly know the girl and I don't care to necessarily, but a part of me just wanted to know more.

I have never felt this way about anyone. And last night was just a snap. And I hate it. I don't want to feel this way towards her or anyone.

She's still beside me, her head on my chest and her leg swung over my waist and her small hand laying on my stomach as it rise and falls. Her eyes are closed so delicately, she looks so peaceful. But the way her eyebrows are almost permanently pushed together makes it look like she is in her own head even when unconscious.

She wouldn't be doing this if she were awake. I know she wouldn't. I'm surprised I'm even allowing this right now. But it's just so..comforting. I don't have the heart right now to push her off.

I sound like a fucking pussy.

I look like a pussy even being in a bed with a girl, while we're still clothed.

My mind just keeps trying to put the pieces together to figure this girl out. I knew there was something about her the night we met. How she didn't jump my bones, and how she made out with Niall, how snappy she was with me but also frightened. Or how when we drove to her place so Olive could give her her things and she flipped like a switch. I've never seen anything like it. She was so unpredictable and it was frustrating how I couldn't get a good read on her.

Clearly, her mother is on drugs. I could tell the moment she walked out the house to greet Ara. And my assumptions were correct when Ara lost her shit on her and said she chose drugs over her.

I felt bad. I actually felt bad, and angry for Ara. I could feel the pain in her voice. I know what it's like to grow up with shitty parents who abandon you. I know that first hand. At least she was fortunate enough to go to a family members house. It was a nice, big, and welcoming place. Looks like a stereotypical happy family home.

I couldn't tell if Ara was just so upset by her mother or what, but when we walked through the front doors she had this look of disgust and panic. It flashed through her eyes so suddenly and vanished as quickly as it came. That was a telling that maybe it wasn't all so perfect as you would think just by looking at the place.

Fuck. I hate that I'm trying to read into this. I don't want to but I, I just can't help it. It's literally hurting my head with utter confusion.

I feel Ara stir next to me, a soft groan coming from her closed lips. I immediately stiffen because I honestly don't know what to do, and I catch myself holding my breath.

She moves around a little more before her eyes flutter open, exposing her deep brown eyes.

Once she realizes where she's at and who I am, I see the panic take over her features as she quickly pushes away from me to sit up on the bed. Avoiding my presence.

"Morning." I decide to tell her, scooting up to sit up right.

She rubs her eyes, "Morning." Her voice is groggy, yet so soft, "Look I'm sorry about last night." She says, looking down at her lap.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." I tell her, surprised by my tone in voice. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah," She nods, "I'm fine. It was really nothing, honestly."

I shrug, "Didn't seem like nothing."

Her body freezes, and she fumbles with her fingers. "Well I'm sorry you had to see any of that. I shouldn't have let you come. It was stupid, I don't know you."

"I wanted to drive you, I offered."

"Yeah, okay but I should've been more persistent on making you stay here or go home. That was stupid of me."

Why is she trying to blame this on herself?

"I would've driven you anyway." I tell her honestly, "You were in no shape to drive. Couldn't get a word out of you the whole ride."

She continues playing with her fingers in her lap, "I'm sorry."

"Why do you keep apologizing Ara?"

It's her turn to shrug, "Don't know. Just feel bad I guess."

My lips part as I'm about to say something, but I'm cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I reach around to the end of the bed to pull the device out of the pocket of my jeans, it's Louis.

I bring the phone to my ear, "What's up mate?"

He sighs in relief, "Fucking finally man. We've been texting and calling all morning. Where the fuck are you?" He snaps.

"Jesus Lou, I was sleeping. What's up?"

"The guy, Kurt? You remember?"

My eyes squint, thinking for a moment. "Uh, yeah. What about him?"

"Well Niall was doing some more digging on him, because Jack wanted a more detailed report about who he was. Turns out he had another motive for wanting to kill you, and it wasn't just revenge."

What?

"What do you mean?"

He sounds annoyed, "I can't get into it over the phone. Niall needs to show you. You need to come down to the warehouse."

I glance over at Ara, who is just looking at me with confusion in her tired eyes.

"Alright. See you in a bit." I hang up the phone.

I look at Ara again, "I gotta go."

She takes a moment, analyzing my face like she's trying to put something together, "Alright."

She stands up off the bed, stretching her arms out in relief. I follow her actions after and grab my clothing off the floor, putting everything on hurriedly.

I sit back on the bed momentarily to slip on my boots, zipping the back to secure them around my feet before standing up to meet Ara.

Her arms are crossed over her chest in a way that made her look almost uncomfortable, my eyes can't help but rake down her body to look at her short bare legs.

Fuck. That's definitely my favorite part of her body. Those damn legs. Could stare at them for hours.

I snap my eyes away from my trance and grab my leather coat, slipping it on my arms and over my shoulders.

I walk to the door with Ara standing behind me, holding the door as I'm walking out.

"Harry," She says, making me stop in my steps and turn my head around to look at her over my shoulder, "Uh, thank you. F-For staying here last night."

She looks so guilty, and nervous. But I don't know why. She has absolutely nothing to feel guilty for.

"It's not a problem," I give her a small smile, "I'll see you around, yeah?"

She nods, squeezing her arms tighter around her chest. "Bye Harry."

I turn my head back around and walk down the hall and down the stairs to the parking garage, spotting my vehicle and quickly unlocking it.

Why do I feel so bad for leaving? I never feel bad about leaving a girl alone.

God, I am fucked.

~•~

Niall points at the screen of his computer, "See, see this right here? He a had a private transfer going straight to his account that would go into his bank after the thirteenth. Which was the day after he came to Direction with a gun in your face."

We were all in the warehouse, Niall in his chair with his laptop and Zayn, Louis, Liam, and myself crowding around him to listen to his gibberish.

I sigh and roll my eyes, "It's a transfer Niall. Probably from his job or something."

"No, no it's a private transfer. It doesn't show who it's coming from. Just the date that it can be used through your bank."

"Okay so do your magic and find out who it's coming from?" I say, like it's the most obvious solution. It really is, he's being too fucking complicated.

"I tried." He sighs, "It won't show me who it's coming from. But I did find the IP address, location is from somewhere in New York, and it came with a list." He does some more clicking, pulling up a separate tab.

He points yet again, "It's all of our names. With a price."

My eyebrows furrow, "What?"

I lean closer to look at the list, my eyes squinting in confusion.

Louis Tomlinson: $450k
Niall Horan: $600k
Zayn Malik: $525k
Liam Payne: $450k
Harry Styles: $550k
Zac Grey: $225k
Jack Ramirez: $1mil

What the fuck is this? Is this a—

"A hit list?" Liam says shocked, concluding my thoughts.

"On hit men? On drug smuggling, dealing, hit men? We are literally in a drug ring!" Louis says, "And why is Niall's higher than ours?"

We all chuckle, "It's because I work on computers. I'm more valuable." Niall states a little too confidently, "And the money that was supposed to go right into his account after that night was exactly $550k. Then it was cancelled after we killed him. He was after you Harry."

"This doesn't make any sense. I thought he just wanted revenge? But he was doing it for money? He's a fucking child molesting, used car salesman!"

Niall shrugs, "I don't know man. I told Jack about it and he wants me to look in deeper. Can't find much else other than this."

"Can you see who else has access to the list?" Zayn asks, rubbing his temples.

"No. Brings up nothing. I'm trying to code a new program to see who has viewed it, but so far; nothing."

"Okay so we need to make sure we double security in Direction, and than we just need to be more on the look out for psychotic inexperienced citizens who want our heads." I tell them, "I'm sure we'll be fine. They don't stand a chance, they don't know what we're capable of."

"Do you think they'll go after other people? Like people we're close with?" Liam asks, nothing but worry in his voice.

What a pussy.

"What? You scared they're gonna go after little Olive?" I joke, making Liams face full with anger.

"Yes. Yes I am. I like her man. Fuck off." He hissed, "Shouldn't you be worried about your little Ara too?"

Why the fuck would he say that? Ara means nothing to me, I don't express anything to anyone ever. I'm not capable.

My fists clench, "I could give two shits about Ara. I was fucking messing with you Liam."

He scoffs, "Please, you were in such a rush to go down to Ara's after Olive said she wanted company. Didn't even fucking say goodbye to us-"

"She was alone and bored." I scoff right back, "Just wanted to fuck. That was it." Okay so maybe I lied, but he doesn't have to know anything.

"Both of you shut up." Zayn interrupts holding his hands up in annoyance, standing up straight to look at all of us. "Bottom line, we have fucking people at our heads right now and have no idea who they are or when they're gonna test us. I for one am not concerned. But we need to be careful on how we play this out."

"When we figure out who this fucker is, I'm gonna fucking rip his throat out myself. Sending civilians out against us, he has no idea who he is fucking with." I hiss through my teeth. This guys doesn't stand a chance. No way in hell was he is gonna pull this off.

"I bet he's just some rich boy wanting to spend daddy's money so he could feel important, maybe he's scared of competition? Maybe starting some drug scandal of his own." Louis chimes in, making a good assumption.

"He's an idiot, that's what he is." I tell them, pulling a pack out of my back pocket and popping a cigarette in my mouth, bringing the flame to light the end and inhale the toxins.

"Fucker is going down."

**

just a small harry update, focusing on him and the boys of direction ;)

who is behind the hit list?

please vote, comment and follow

i like updating a lot....

i want more reads tho! get some lovely people in the comments to start conversation. i hope i get there one day:)

much love,
xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
85.9K 2.9K 87
[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with urgency, at last pulling my bottom lip bet...
289K 6.7K 70
"You know I can't just let you go." He says. "You have no choice" I weakly say with tears falling. "I'm not letting you go. I just can't allow you...
31.3K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...