A Note A Day

By Siriusly_fandoms

Anxiety-ridden, nightmare expert Charlotte 'Charlie' Jackson has been receiving witty, heartwarming, anonymou... More

summary
1 | nowhere
3 | on her desk in homeroom
4 | in the front cover of her book
5 | in her lunchbox
6 | in her binder's pocket
7 | on her chair in biology
8 | in her locker
9 | in her backpack
10 | in her homework folder
11 | wrapped around her pencil
12 | in her hoodie pocket
13 | on the floor in front of her locker
14 | in her math book
15 | taped to her pen
16 | on her desk in history
17 | in the spiral of her notebook
18 | on her chair in spanish
19 | in her planner
20 | wrapped around her earbuds
21 | on top of her water bottle
22 | under a magnet on her locker door
23 | on her chair in english
24 | in her history textbook
25 | in her blazer's pocket
26 | on her desk in SLP
27 | in her health folder
28 | on her chair in creative writing
29 | in her glasses case
30 | in the palm of her hand
AFTERWORD

2 | inside her pencil case

67.8K 3.2K 2.2K
By Siriusly_fandoms

| 2 |

You're so beautiful when you smile.

THE DAY AFTER Charlie recieved two [technically three] notes, she narrowed down her list of possible note-makers during Spanish class. She had to admit it was a bit challenging, having to track down who had been absent more than just that one time, and having to think back to yesterday to remember if anyone on her list had been absent again.

She eventually made it to a list of four people, four people that were all absent on the same day for the first time. She found that a little strange, but she didn't feel the need to touch up on it. It was probably just one big coincidence.

- Shane Marshall

- Malcolm Dawes

- Theodore Higgins

- Sadie Hunter

Nick had been absent multiple times throughout the year, and Darla was absent again yesterday, so they were off the list.

She decided to get started on narrowing it down, and finding the writer behind the notes. As soon as the bell rang, she had finished calculating her plan to find the note maker, starting with the last name on the list, simply because Charlie had her next class with her.

She got to English class and headed straight to the back of the classroom, where she knew the famous Sadie Hunter would be seated.

She nervously slid into the desk beside Sadie, who was chomping on a piece of bubblegum with her black combat boots crossed and resting on the chair in front of her.

Sadie gave her a side glance of disgust before staring straight ahead as the teacher walked in. Gosh, Charlie really hoped that this wasn't her note-maker. No offense to Sadie Hunter, but she just realy scared the crap out of her.

Sadie reminded her a bit of her sister Hazel, with a give-no-cares attitude and an eff-you-all-I'm-the-queen vibe. Even though Charlie had limited social interaction, she was pretty confident she could handle the ice princess, the ruler of the school, gorgeous badass Sadie Hunter.

Her hair was pin-straight, and a deadly, dark brown color, bangs messily [yet perfectly...how?] covering her forehead. Her eyes were electric blue, startling Charlotte, black eyeliner curled around her eye kind of like a wing, her eyelashes rolling like a wave and her eyebrows practically perfect. Her black, skinny jeans were ripped at the knees and her shirt was of some band. She had cheekbones resting high on her face, and the slight shadow of a dimple.

Charlotte was super weird to be staring at her like that. She was a super weird person in general, most people would agree, and it seemed Sadie seemed to think that too. Her glances of confusion and repulsion lowered her confidence in the plan and her overall self-esteem for herself. Sadie Hunter found her repulsive. Honestly, Charlotte should have seen it coming.

She was a nobody, a loser in an oversized, black Boston Bruin's hoodie with dead-looking, brown hair and dull, pale brown eyes. The fact that she had bags under her eyes and a decent-sized stain of god-knows-what on her grey sweatpants didn't help her look reasonable, either. She didn't take the time to use makeup like other girls did, or curl her hair, or to even comb her hair. She completely understood why Sadie looked at her like a freak.

The teacher was lecturing, and Charlie was frantically scribbling down notes, attempting to rid her thoughts of that. Stop it, who cares what Sadie Hunter thinks? Not you. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sadie picking at her nails.

"Are you going to take any notes?" Charlie whispered to her. More like whispered into her desk, however, terrified that she was talking to freaking Sadie Hunter, a largely feared girl throughout the school. Sadie was the resident 'bad girl' that still managed to get straight A's. She was a legend.

She needed to take notes on this or she was definitely going to fail. The teacher just said they were going to have a quiz on it tomorrow! What was she doing?

Her not taking notes was also going to screw up her plan. She needed to see Sadie's handwriting. Then she would compare that to the handwriting on the notes.

"Uh, excuse me?" Her voice wasn't squeaky, but it wasn't scratchy, either. It was strange, her voice flowed almost like a river of perfection. God, this was making Charlie really uncomfortable. She shifted in her chair slightly with nerves jittering through her body. Just how perfect was Sadie Hunter?

"Do I know you?" Sadie whispered to her harshly.

Besides being in, like, two classes with Charlie... "No, I don't think so."

Sadie rolled her eyes and opened up her notebook, giving her a side glance [glare]. Sadie began ignoring her, once again, but put pencil to paper and scribbled down a couple words from the teacher's lecture.

Charlotte pulled today's note out of her sweatpants' pocket that she had found in her pencil case this morning and smoothed the small, crumpled up note onto her desk.

You're so beautiful when you smile, she read.

She was fairly sure that Sadie didn't write these for her, but just in case...

She kept her eyes trained on Sadie's writing as she mentally compared the writing.

The note writer's handwriting was very stiff and narrow, where hers was big and loopy cursive. There was no way she wrote these.

A big weight was lifted off of Charlie's shoulders. No offense to Sadie, but she was glad she didn't write the notes, because Charlie would just feel awkward. Recieving notes from the most terrifying and famous girl at school, and the notes talking about Charlie's 'pretty eyes' and 'beautiful smile' was a little strange. Now that she thought about it, if she found the person who wrote them, if it were a guy, she would find that extremely awkward.

She barely knew how to approach her own gender, nevermind the male species! There was only guys left on the list, that made her extremely anxious. She could barely approach her own siblings. God, she was doomed.

Shane, Malcolm, and Theodore.

Those were the last on her list.

Shane Marshall was the big shot basketball player of the school. Extremely popular, extremely good looking, and extremely rich. Practically everyone's dream guy and one of the most popular kids at school. He had a killer jawline, Charlie had to admit, and nice hair, the kind of hair that shines in the sun and swishes while you walk.

It was said that he was actually a really nice, sweet, kind, caring guy, but Charlotte doubted it. Highly. Because it was unheard of for someone that popular to be nice. All the populars at the school were mean bullies full of insults. But, if it were true that by some miracle he was actually a good guy, she could use that to her advantage.

Malcolm Dawes, however... He was her dream guy. Disheveled, messy brown hair that fluffed wildly on his head, a dimple on his cheek when he smiled.

She may not interact much with people or hang out with other humans, but it was impossible not to know every detail about Malcolm. He was best friends with Shane, and maybe the complete opposite of him. Almost always with a book or a pencil and paper in hand, singing or humming. He had a taste for theater she had heard, musicals, singing, overdramatic entries, the whole lot of it. She had gone to a summer theater class with him one year and she was all googly-eyed over him. He was sort of extremely geeky, but she found it adorable. He wasn't as well known as the magnificent Shane Marshall, but he wasn't invisible. People loved Shane and Malcolm.

Malcolm was also extremely intelligent, a somewhat math whiz who also had the ability to whip up an ingenious poem. Intelligence was something Charlotte thought was prior for men to have because, quite frankly... A.) It's hot when a guy understands the nerdy things you say [so she heard from television shows and some wattpad books] and B.) There was no way she'd be able to interact with a guy that's all 'whaaaaaaaat duuuude that's totally sick'

Not that she'd be interacting with him, but anyways.

And lastly, Theodore Higgins. She didn't know much about him other than the fact that he sat behind her in History class. She guessed she could call him cute, nerdy glasses perched on his nose and black hair swirling around his ears and curling over his forehead. He was the closest she had ever gotten to anyone out of the three of them, being right in front of him in History. He kind of reminded Charlotte of herself. He barely talked and she rarely saw him with other people. He'd have to join her club. The anti-socialites.

She supposed she'd need to make a club first, but she'd get to that.

Those were her possible note writers.

One basketball-playing rich kid, one [fairly gorgeous] math geek with a style for theater, and one silent kid in her History class.

Charlotte didn't know what to think anymore. She never thought any of them could be writing notes to her.

This was probably going to be harder than she thought.

a/n

if you didn't realize, the chapter titles are where she finds the note that day, and the italicized sentence in the beginning is what was on the note =D

hi guys

are you liking this book so far? do you have any guesses as to who it may be? maybe one of the people left on her list...? ;)

so i do realize this book is really slow right now and really confusing, but after a couple chapters it should be getting a bit more interesting [hopefully]

i'm surprised by all the comments and votes last chapter, thank you! i'm going to try something, the person who posts the best comment will get a dedication next chapter!

i preordered mockingjay and it should be coming in soon + a free poster, i'm so psyched omg i cried through the whole movie >>> yes i read the books as well. multiple times. cried through those too

i'm going to do something that @kpgcatlover [a really perfect and amazing person who is pretty much my literal queen as most of you probably know tbh] does on her books that she said i could do a while back. they're personal goals to see how far i come. it won't determine how fast i'll update. it'll probably give me motivation [like sometimes i see a comment like 'cool!' or something and i'm like wow, maybe they actually like it. maybe i should write more. it's kind of like a reminder when someone votes or comments], but it won't have any impact on updates. it's just something i wish i did on my other books.

GOALS:

5 votes

10 comments

900 reads in total

• dedicated to Aoioa527 who made the awesome banner on the side, thank you bae! I'm sorry I didn't feature it earlier!! •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 10.4K 53
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . Victoria Kalie Maurice, despite having a terrible truth about...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
1.1M 32.5K 54
"The moon's really beautiful, if you think about it," I blurted. "Yeah?" he asked, mild amusement and curiosity mingling in his voice. "Yeah," I conf...