A Fanged Fate

By xEscapeMyFatex

Marriages never last, especially with royalty and power. Being preferably selected from the huddles of women... More

[Prologue]
[Chapter One]
[Chapter Two]
[Chapter Three]
[Chapter Four]
[Chapter Five]
[Chapter Six]
[Chapter Seven]
[Chapter Eight]
[Chapter Nine]
[Chapter Ten]
[Chapter Eleven]
[Chapter Twelve]
[Chapter Thirteen]
[Chapter Fourteen]
[Chapter Fifteen]
[Chapter Seventeen]
[Chapter Eighteen]
[Chapter Nineteen]
[Chapter Twenty]
[Chapter Twenty-One]
[Chapter Twenty-Two]
[Epilogue]

[Chapter Sixteen]

301 2 0
By xEscapeMyFatex

"I was always searching, 

 For the last piece missing, 

 Now that I found you, 

 Wishes do come true." 

 -"I'll Be Yours." 

================================================ 

 "How much blood did you give her?" I heard Luc ask, my ears picking up every noise while I was half-conscious. "Maybe you did not give her enough, she should have been awake by now." I could hear the worry evident in his voice and because I knew him so well I knew he was either pacing, or running his hands over his face. 

 "Look, I told you I am not a real doctor. I gave her about three bags already, which should help suffice for her and the baby. I am not sure if it was enough but I think that it should have been."

 Feeling groggy, I opened my eyes to my surroundings and soon noticed that an IV was plunged into my left arm, making me quickly look away. The second thing was that my shirt was pulled up to my chest, making my newly white bandages around my waist clearly shown. 

 Looking up from my body I saw Luc holding the other man, "I did not ask for the facts, I just asked how much blood you have given her. And I know you are not a doctor, but you did have some medical background for providing to the King and Queen." 

 The male narrowed his eyes at Luc, "Maybe so, but I am not the one blackmailing other vampires to help save myself and my pregnant girlfriend. Even so, I did not murder the prince in cold blood, and I am also not the fugitive running from the law." 

 Luc also narrowed his eyes, then released the male vampire. "If I was not so close to you, Jakob, I would presume you were trying to pick a fight here. Let us not recall who's been training for more years and who was recruited to the army." 

 The male vampire, Jakob, just shut his mouth. After taking a moment to close his eyes and breathe, he looked back at Luc with a more sincere expression. "The fact, Luc, is that you are in some major trouble right now. Now, you and I both know I would do anything to help you but I cannot keep you two longer than a few days. If the boys were not so young I would let you guys stay longer, but I cannot risk the safety of my family. You of all people should now know the responsibility weighing on your shoulders by keeping your family safe." 

 Luc nodded, "I know and I understand that Jakob. Everything has been happening so fast lately I figured I would have more time. But I really do appreciate what you and Helena are doing for us."  

 Jakob smiled at him, then his black eyes landed on me. "Well, looks like Sleeping Beauty is finally up. I will leave you two alone." Jakob left the room, leaving Luc to rush by my side. 

 He gripped my hand in his, kissing the knuckles. "How are you feeling, love?" He asked. 

 I smiled faintly at him, "I have been better, but there is no more pain anymore." 

 He smiled back at me. "I am glad." Then his facial expression turned serious. "My god, Nadia. You had me so worried. I did not know if you and the baby were going to make it. You lost so much blood and you kept coming in and out of consciousness. If Jakob had not been there to save you two, I do not know what I would have done." He slumped his head against my chest and I let my hands run through his hair, gently scraping my nails against his scalp. 

 "Everything is all right now, just relax." Still running my fingers through his hair, we stayed like that for a while. 

 Luc was about to say something when my stomach grumbled very loudly, so instead he just started laughing. Glaring down at him, I gently pushed him off my chest, now the nice moment was officially ruined. 

 "Hungry, are we?" He asked, still laughing. 

 I crossed my arms over my chest, and ignored the strange feeling of the IV being gently tugged at. "I do not even remember the last time I ate." 

 Luc sighed, then stood up. "All right, let me go see what you can eat." Brushing off some dust from his clothes, he marched his way out of the room. 

 Once he left I gazed at my surroundings. I was in a living room, one that contained some windows, two couches, a coffee table and multiple paintings hung on peach walls. 

 I myself was sitting on one couch, and even though this room gave off a warm welcome, I still felt uneasy. 

 A sot giggle made me look towards the doorway in which Luc had previously gone through. Two hands wrapped around the edge corner of the doorway, while a head peered it's way into the room. A little boy with dark hair, like Jakob's and smoldering dark eyes made his way towards me. 

 He was wearing denim overalls with a striped polo underneath, he was absolutely adorable. 

 "Do you want to play with me?" The little boy asked, shyly. "I have tons of toys in my room, and you can even be the superhero." 

 Before I could accept this little boy's offer, a woman walked into the room and I presumed her name was Helena -- Jakob's wife. 

 "Cris," The woman snapped. "Leave the poor woman alone, she needs to rest." Helena was a thin woman. She had fair, blond hair that was cut short into a bob. She wore a loose sundress, a strange choice for this weather. 

 The little boy turned towards her, frowning. "But I was just asking if she wanted to play! Blake is not old enough to play with me." 

 Helena shook her head, "Come on," She held out her hand. "Nadia needs sleep, not to play with toys." 

 "Actually," I said, making Helena look at me curiously. "I do not mind him." 

 Helena smiled, "That is sweet of you, but Cris needs to start cleaning his room anyway." Giving him a little push, Helena made a gesture for Cris to leave. Cris huffed angrily, then stomped his way out of the room. 

 "I really am sorry about him, he's usually very shy. I did not think he would bother you." Helena started re-arranging some things around the room, but stopped mid-way. "Can you excuse me for a second?" She asked, and once I nodded my head she left them room. 

 But she returned again shortly, this time carrying a small bundle in her arms, and a small bottle was in her other hand. 

 "This is Blake," Helena cooed. She walked to my side, then bent down to show me him. He had chubby cheeks, with small patches of blond hair on his head. Sharing the same dark eyes as his father, but resembling his mother perfectly. 

 "He is gorgeous," I whispered, staring at him. I gave him my index finger, and he gladly gripped it with his small hands. Gurgling and smiling, Blake started to move about in his mother's arms. 

 "Do you want to hold him?" Helena asked. 

 "Of course," I breathed, opening my arms for him. Helena gently placed him in my arms and I was surprised to find him to be heavier than he looked.  

 Looking down at him, I started to make funny faces. He started laughing and jumping around in my arms, therefore making me smile widely. 

 "Well Luc, it looks like she is going to be a fine mother." Helena said, turning towards the entry way of the room. I looked up from Blake to see Luc smiling at me with a plate full of food in his hands. 

 "I always knew she would be." Luc replied, walking over towards me. "Hello, Blake." He said, placing the plate down on the nearby coffee table. He grabbed Blake out of my arms and held him up above his head, making the baby laugh. 

 "Here," Helena said, making me look away from Luc and the baby. "You can feed him when he gets hungry. I have to go check on Cris." With that said, she left the room. 

 Sitting up a little straighter, I ignored the protest my body was giving me and turned towards the two. Luc was now rocking the baby in his arms and I watched in amazement as Blake started to slowly close his eyes. 

 Once the baby was completely out cold, Luc walked over towards me and sat on the floor, Blake still in his arms.  

 "You are so good with kids." I mumbled, starting to pick at the food Luc had given me. 

 "So are you," Luc replied. "You are going to be a great mother, Nadia." He looked at me seriously. 

 "And you will be a great father, Luc." I said after finishing the food in my mouth. 

 "Oh, I know." He replied arrogantly, making me roll my eyes. "But, I cannot wait to meet our child." Luc looked towards my stomach and I silently agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 16.9K 18
βπ‘«π’Šπ’‡π’‡π’Šπ’„π’–π’π’• 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”.- #π’Šπ’π’”π’‘π’Šπ’“π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’βž ~ Isabella is working as a maid i...
292K 3.3K 7
"Saying I Love you with a mouthful of lie is bad,so bad that It can cause disaster." He whispered as his eyes turned a shade darker than it already w...
14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
522 13 55
In a world full of lies and secrets, Hilda, a princess, comes of age. Through the darkness of being told who she should marry, she falls in love for...