Our Ever-Lasting Love (Amours...

By Bc34Valor

Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The w... More

Information
Chapter 1: The Gathering
Chapter 2: Brock & Misty
Chapter 3: The Straw-Hat Girl
Chapter 4: Ash vs. Brock (Part I)
Chapter 5: Ash vs. Brock (Part II)
Chapter 6: A Pallet Town Arrival
Chapter 7: Ketchum-Style Reunion
Chapter 8: Gary's Mysterious Pokémon
Chapter 9: The Abandoned Audino
Chapter 10: Visiting the Lumiose Siblings
Chapter 11: Rebirth of a Bond
Thank You!🎉
Chapter 12: The Package
Chapter 13: A Call with Clemont
Chapter 14: Double Trouble
Chapter 15: Flight to Kalos
Chapter 16: Perform and Conquer
Chapter 17: One Big Coincidence
Chapter 18: Ash at Serena's Performance
Chapter 19: Reunion of Amour
Chapter 20: Our First "Real" Date
Chapter 21: Promise Between Us
Chapter 22: The Hotel Experience
Chapter 23: A Night with Her
Chapter 24: Aftermath of an Intense Night
Chapter 25: Memories at Coumarine
Chapter 26: The Lapras Festival (Part I)
Chapter 27: The Lapras Festival (Part II)
Chapter 28: Bonnie's New Friend
Chapter 29: The Heracronite Search
Author's Note ✏
Chapter 30: Shamus Returns
Chapter 31: Evolution by Fire x2!!!
Chapter 32: A Day Before Departure
Author's Note 2 ✏
Chapter 33: Goodbye Kalos!
Author's Note 3 ✏
Author's Note 4 ✏

Prologue

7.8K 116 95
By Bc34Valor

Kanto Region 7:34 pm, Vermilion City

It was a peaceful night at Professor Cerise's Research Laboratory in Vermilion City. It was currently dinner time. Ash, Goh, the main Cerise family, Ren, Chrysa, and a couple of Professor Cerise's other laboratory assistants were enjoying a homecooked meal. The dinner was cooked by none other than Chloe's mother, Talia.

The Pokémon such as Ash's Pikachu, Chloe's Yamper and Galarian Ponyta, and Goh's Cinderace, Drizzile, and Grookey were currently eating their Pokémon food and berries nearby.

There were some mini side conversations on the side, but the room soon was filled with a peaceful silence. Suddenly, Ash stood up from his chair and cleared up his throat to get everyone's attention.

Ahem*

This caused everyone present at the table to look towards the raven-haired trainer and the Pikachu on his shoulder. Ash glanced over to Professor Cerise, who gave him a reassuring nod and a kind smile.

"Attention everybody. I have an announcement to make." Ash started off. "I am sorry Goh, Chloe, and everyone for this sudden announcement, but I need to get this off my chest because this will be the last time you will be seeing me for a while."

This statement caused Goh to spit-take the water he was drinking and nearly drop his glass of water. Everyone looked at Goh for a moment because he started making a scene. Goh was clearly surprised and was sputtering random words.

"W-what w-why?! H-huh!? Why won't we see you tomorrow?!" Goh asked in a desperate tone. Why is one of his only friends leaving the institute? Especially Ash, who is serving as one of Professor Cerise's research fellows alongside himself.

Ash sighed and shot Goh a small tender smile. He was well aware that this may be hard on Goh due to him not having many friends and his antisocial behavior. Goh's only friends were basically Ash, his girlfriend Chloe, his Pokémon, and everyone else in the laboratory.

"I have decided that I need to go back to Pallet Town and train for the next month and a half before the World Coronation Tournament," Ash explained to everyone during dinner.

"Pikachu." Pikachu squeaked to signify that Pikachu was supporting his trainer's decision. Ash had already told Pikachu and his team about returning home, which honestly made Pikachu happy. He preferred it in Pallet Town rather than Vermilion City.

This caused Goh to look down at his food in disappointment and sorrow. Chloe, her mother, brother, and the lab assistants were also surprised by Ash's announcement. Professor Cerise was the only one that appeared to not have expressed any surprise or emotion at all, since Ash had told him beforehand about his decision. Ash did this so the professor could get ready to transfer his Pokémon from the greenhouse to Professor Oak's laboratory.

"But why?" Goh asked after taking in Ash's announcement to everyone. "Why can't you just continue training here?"

"Well, the thing is. There will be many rounds before I can challenge Leon for his title. The World Coronation Series will be held for at least three weeks since there are going to be nine hundred and ninety-eight other participants from all around the regions." Ash explained with a deep concentration in his eyes. He took a breath of air before continuing on.

"I have decided to use my other Pokémon back at Professor Oak's laboratory for this. They deserve to take part in this. I realized a long time ago that I cannot solely depend on my new Pokémon alone. Especially since I would be taking part in over a hundred matches over the course of at least three weeks." Ash continued explaining to his friend and everyone at the dinner table. "I need to train with all of my Pokémon to get them in the best condition possible. That ranges from my very first Pokémon like my Bulbasaur and Charizard to my more recent ones like Lucario and Gengar."

"I see..." Goh replied dejectedly with a sigh. It looked like the raven-haired trainer has made his choice and there is no stopping him.

"You'll come visit, right?" Chloe suddenly asked, while petting her Eevee, who was on her lap at the time.

"Evoi! Vee!" Eevee barked out to express herself.

"Of course, I will!" Ash answered. His answer made Goh and Chloe smile. Although Ash and Chloe didn't have the best relationship at the start, they gradually got to know each other better and became good friends. Chloe and Goh were also grateful since Ash was the one that helped the formerly dense Goh realize his feelings for his childhood friend.

"You guys can visit me at Pallet Town too," Ash added. "I will be training with my friend Gary at the laboratory and I might even be traveling around Kanto for a bit."

"That's a deal, bro," Goh said as he fist bumped Ash and laughed. The two shared a close bond like they were blood-related brothers. "I am sure going to miss you around though, now I only have Chloe to hang out with..."

"Hey!" Chloe yelled in irritation. Ash and Goh laughed, and soon Chloe joined in as she knew Goh didn't have the intention to hurt her.

"Remember to take care of your girlfriend, Goh. It's not every day where you experience true love." Ash stated. A mental image of a certain honey-blonde girl appeared in Ash's mind at that moment, causing him to sigh.

"I think it is a good choice and I respect your decision, Ash." Professor Cerise stated his thoughts before excusing himself from the dining room. "I will go ahead and transfer your Pokémon to Professor Oak sometime after dinner." 

"Thank you so much, professor. A friend is going to pick me up tomorrow early morning." Ash thanked with gratitude in his voice. "I hope to see Rillaboom, Corviknight, Dracovish, Grimmsnarl, and the others arrive safely."

Professor Cerise shot Ash a smile and left the room, most likely to go back to his workspace.

"I will help the professor make sure that Professor Oak receives them and they have arrived safely." Ren offered to Ash. Ash nodded at him as Ren excused himself from the table and followed Professor Cerise to his workspace.

Ash suddenly got up and excused himself from the table. "Thank you for the meal, Mrs. Cerise. May I go and use the transfer machine at the professor's workspace?"

"Of course, what for if you don't mind me asking," Talia asked curiously.

"I need to contact Professor Kukui from the Alola region to get my Alola Pokémon for this tournament." Ash answered as he walked to the transfer machine with his Rotom phone out. He was dialing someone's number.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A few minutes later...

"Thank you so much, Professor Kukui. All four of the Poké Balls have transferred through safely." Ash informed as he showed the four Poké Balls to him.

"Good to know, Ash." Professor Kukui replied with a chuckle. "Good luck with your training for the World Coronation Series. Don't forget that Lei, Burnett, myself, and everyone in Alola will be cheering you on!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot it is getting broadcasted all around the world..." Ash muttered to himself.

"I have already reserved tickets for Galar for the family and your classmates. Think of it as another one of our field trips to them." Professor Kukui said.

Ash nodded. "I appreciate that you are all able to come. You have no idea how much it means to me."

"Pika-chu." Pikachu squeaked.

"I think I have a pretty good idea, Mr. Champion." Professor Kukui grinned at his Kantionian son.

"Well anyways thank you for transferring the Pokémon, Till next time, Professor!" Ash said as he gave the professor a farewell.

"Pika!" Pikachu waved bye.

Kukui said his farewells back to the trainer and Pokémon duo before ending the call.

Ash sighed and placed down his Rotom phone on a nearby table. He then took the moment and looked at the four Poké Balls he just received with a face of content. He slightly smiled as he knew that this was one step towards his plan.

"Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Melmetal, everyone... we will need to train hard these next weeks before the tournament..." Ash said to himself and smiled. "We will be needing everyone... " 

And Ash literally meant everyone. From the moment he heard that there would be nine hundred and ninety-nine trainers participating in the World Coronation Series, he decided to gather all of his Pokémon, even the ones that he released, if possible.

"Pidgeot... Primeape... Goodra... Greninja..." Ash recalled the names of some of his "lost" Pokémon in his mind. Ash knew that all of them held great power and skills that will prove useful at the tournament, especially his Greninja. 

"We will need to train hard, buddy!" Ash said to Pikachu, who was on his shoulder. Pikachu nodded in understanding and shot his trainer a confident look.

"We got a lot of competition this time around and there will only be eight spots available in the end of the tournament before we make it to the final tournament," Ash said. He then started thinking about all the people he encountered that made the top 999 in the preseason of the World Coronation Series. 

"Gary, Paul, Barry, Iris, Trip, Clemont, Korrina, Sawyer, Alain, Gladion, Hau, Bea... and who knows who else we will meet..." Ash thought to himself. Many of them proved to be very skillful and powerful trainers that shouldn't be underestimated. Ash clenched a fist of determination. "I will need to train hard with all my Pokémon."

"Pika pi!" Pikachu squeaked as he playfully pawed at his trainer's face. This snapped Ash out of his thoughts. He broke out of his determined face and formed a light-hearted smile at his partner Pokémon.

"You are right, buddy. We will aim to be the very best like no one ever was!" Ash declared as he raised a fist in the air. He will train hard to become a Pokémon Master.

"Pi! Pikachu!" Pikachu squeaked cheerfully.

Ash looked up at the ceiling and thought back to when a certain honey-blonde female traveling companion occupied his mind once again during dinner. 

"Cerulean-blue eyes as beautiful as the crystal ocean...  medium-length honey-blonde hair as smooth and silky as the silk created by Leavanny... a majestic soft smile that could melt the heart of many... a personality of a beautiful goddess..." Ash started describing her in his thoughts.

"I will find you soon... Serena..." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Somewhere in Kalos, Vaniville Town...

A certain honey-blonde performer has just returned to her home region recently after a couple of years participating in Pokémon Contests at the Hoenn region and meeting new friends and Pokémon. She had returned to her mother's home in Vaniville Town to rest before deciding on what she should do next. Her honey-blonde hair was gently flowing in the wind as she was petting her mother's pet Rhyhorn. 

"You know, Rhyhorn... I think something interesting is about to happen, soon," she spoke softly as she looked at the ground/rock-type Pokémon, happily munching on its breakfast. 

Serena looked away from Rhyhorn and looked to her left to see her other Pokémon that were also out of their Poké Balls at the time. They were all enjoying some breakfast and Poké Puffs that she baked during the night. Delphox, Pancham, Sylveon, Hatterene, Altaria, and a female Pikachu made up her team as of right now. She made some new additions since her farewell with her friends from Kalos. Serena glanced at her Pikachu and smiled to herself, remembering a certain raven-haired boy that she fell in love with.

"Ash... I know we will see each other again soon..." Serena thought as she smiled at the thought of her crush.  

"My promise to you will come into fruition soon..."

To be continued... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
712K 9K 108
Ash Ketchum, with Pikachu and the rest of his Kalos team (except for Goodra & Greninja), return home to Pallet Town, where his former travelling comp...
6.8K 93 2
Ash just lost the Kalos League and is heading on his own journey with Serena after the siblings left. They don't know they have the same feelings for...
89.4K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...