𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 ||...

By maikolsedges

"You been actin' kinda shady, you ain't been callin' me baby. Boy you can go and stop playing games, playing... More

cast and a/n
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

159 8 20
By maikolsedges

Oh, why'd you have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you

NARRATOR

The next week for Kehlani was kind of a blur. It went by pretty fast and she and everyone else was now on Christmas break.

It had also started to get a little awkward when she was around Michael, since of course, she had grew feelings for him. But she wasn't gonna let that get in the way of their friendship.

"So are you gonna tell him?" Isabella asked as she and Kehlani were walking up the stairs to Isabella's bedroom.

"No. Our friendship is already starting to get awkward, I don't wanna make it even more awkward by confessing my feelings for him."

"I think he likes you." Isabella shrugged and Kehlani scrunched her face up at her.

"He doesn't." She shook her head making Isabella smack her teeth as she sat down on her bed.

"You don't know 'dat."

"Okay, then. Let's say he does like me. Where would we go from there?" She asked as she opened a bag of chips she got while she and Isabella were downstairs.

"Yall can do 'dat talkin' stage thing. You know, when you get to know each other more relationship wise." Isabella suggested and Kehlani thought about it before shrugging. "It doesn't matter anyways. He's probably talking with another girl as we speak." Kehlani said and Isabella could sense a bit of jealousy.

"I'on see why you like him if you know he's... what's the word?" Isabella tried to think of the right word but Kehlani said what she was thinking.

"A hoe?"

"Yeah. His history with girls is horrible. Like I'on see why he still deals wit' relationships at 'dis point."

"I don't know. We just started to text and hang out and I got to know him a little more too so..." Kehlani shrugged as she pulled out her phone.

"Like I said, you should tell him."

"No."

Kehlani can be a lot of things, but bold isn't one of them. She would tell anybody anything, but when it came to her having a crush on someone she'll get shy. The only she would tell is her friends.

"If I gotta tell him, you gotta tell Amari you-" Isabella cut Kehlani off in the middle of her sentence.

"Shh. Quit bein' so damn loud." Isabella whispered as she had her pointer finger against her lips as a sign to be quiet and Kehlani slapped her hand.

"Girl, ain't nobody even here." She said while Isabella rubbed her hand.

****
"Why do you always have yo face all up in the camera?" Kehlani asked as she was on a FaceTime call with Michael. She had her camera faced up at the ceiling while Michael obviously had his face in the camera.

"'Cause I'm fine as hell." Michael said and Kehlani paused from eating the cup of noodles she had in her hand and looked at him.

"Nigga, shut up. You ain't that cute."

"Lani, go on somewhere and slurp up yo noodles." He smacked his teeth. "Anyways, whatchu' doin' later?" He asked after his and Kehlani's short laughter.

"No. I still have to pack for our flight tomorrow, but that's it." She and her mom were flying back to Dallas for Christmas.

"You gon' come over?"

"Sure, I guess. I'll talk to you later."

"Ight, bye." He said before hanging up.

Although she wasn't lying, she really needed an excuse to get off the phone.

Kehlani had originally called Michael to tell him her feelings, but she chickened out. Once again, she isn't bold. Before she called him, she paced back and forth with her phone in her hand and his contact on her screen for about fifteen to twenty minutes.

She finished her noodles and got some clothes from her closet to put in her suitcase. She already had the smaller things like her toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup, and hair stuff in her bag, she just needed clothes and shoes.

Soon, she was done packing and she went to put the bowl she was eating her noodles out of in the sink.

She texted Michael and told him to pick her up. Soon, Michael was in front of her house and Kehlani put on some low top black Ugg boots, her coat, and grabbed her phone and keys before walking out the house.

She got in his car and there was an awkward silence between the two of them while Eastside by Benny Blanco was playing on the radio.

"You want somethin' to eat?" Michael asked as he started to pull out of her driveway.

"I ate before we left." She shook her head. She regretted saying that afterwards because she was low key in the mood for some Chick-fil-A.

"Ight." He was going to get them something to eat anyway because he knew she would ask later. "So, wassup? Whatchu been doin' all day?" He quickly looked over at Kehlani then back at road.

"Nothin' much. Just packed all day." She shrugged as she thought of ways to tell Michael how she felt.

"You so boring." He joked.

"Shut up." She smacked her teeth and laughed. "Okay, I gotta tell you something." She felt her heart beating out her chest and her palms sweating.

"What?"

"So, I like you and I been havin' feelings for you for a minute now." She confessed and deeply sighed.

Michael stayed quiet for a minute. Kehlani started to feel a little embarrassed before he looked over at her with a smile on his face.

"For real?"

"Yeah."

He pulled up to a Chick-fil-A, like she wanted, as the smile on his face grew bigger. They waited in line as the person in front of them ordered their food.

"You look like a dork with that big ass smile on yo face." Kehlani laughed.

"But you like this dork." Michael said and Kehlani smacked her teeth and lightly hit him on his arm. "Nah, but for real, I like you too." He admitted.

Kehlani was surprised to hear that because she thought he only thought of her as a friend.

"Really?" She asked. Now, she was the one with the dorky smile on her face.

"Hell yeah. I've been likin' you for a minute too."

"Okay, then." She smiled some more.

She was relieved that he felt the same way, because if he didn't she would've jumped out of the car while it was still moving.

After the car in front of them drove off, he ordered their food and soon, the food was in the car. The two of them went back to his apartment and they ate and talked until he had to take Kehlani back home.

When she got inside her house, she laid down in her bed and thought about the past few hours.

She was happy now that she confessed her feelings to Michael. Unfortunately, she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

*************
heyyyyy

like i said, nothing has been changed i just wanted to make a chapter of them confessing their feelings to each other cuz i thought it was weird that i didn't include that ...🧍🏾‍♀️💀

anyways i'mma go to sleep . yall stay safe 😙🥂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 16.4K 32
Two different people with completely different mindsets who find each other at their worst. One doesn't realize what's right in front of them.
6.2M 232K 36
When star athlete, DeAndre Parker clashes with a tough no-nonsense female classmate, he quickly learns that unlike basketball, there's no playin' har...
19.7K 894 28
Life keeps throwing lemons and stones at her , when she believes that she wants to live her life until she dies alone , but when she meets her Mr rig...
3.5K 193 31
Growing up in a strict religious household, Aaliyah Jackson knew she would have a rude awakening on her 18th birthday. Knowing so, she got job, two...