𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ━ 𝐭𝐰𝐝...

By weirdzilla

ᴅᴇᴄɪᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ (ɴ.) - ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʟᴀʀɢᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ the walking dead by telltale |... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑!!
𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈.
[ 001 ]
[ 002 ]
[ 003 ]
[ 004 ]
[ 005 ]
[ 006 ]
[ 007 ]
[ 008 ]
[ 009 ]
[ 010 ]
[ 011 ]
[ 012 ]
[ 013 ]
[ 014 ]
[ 015 ]
[ 016 ]
[ 017 ]
[ 018 ]
[ 019 ]
[ 020 ]
[ 021 ]
[ 022 ]
[ 023 ]
[ 024 ]
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈.
[ 025 ]
[ 026 ]
[ 027 ]
[ 028 ]
[ 029 ]
[ 030 ]
[ 031 ]
[ 032 ]
[ 033 ]
[ 034 ]
[ 035 ]
[ 036 ]
[ 037 ]
[ 039 ]
[ 040 ]
[ 041 ]
[ 042 ]
[ 043 ]
[ 044 ]
[ 045 ]
[ 046 ]
[ 047 ]
[ 048 ]
[ 049 ]
[ 050 ]
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈.
[ 051 ]
[ 052 ]
[ 053 ]
[ 054 ]

[ 038 ]

278 11 4
By weirdzilla

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ in harms way; part five ]

━━━━━━━━━━

The group stood around the table with the walkie. The other one was under Kassidy's pillow. They had been discussing the plan again all morning.

"Okay, we're all here," Kenny started.

Rebecca looked at him, "We need to get the radio to Luke. What's the issue?"

"We need to choose who's gonna get him the radio, before we–"

Just then the bay door opened and Tavia stepped out. Kenny grabbed the radio and hid it behind him. "Come on, get up. Daylights burning."

Ollie flinched at the banging of the bay door.

Tavia laughed, "Little pussy, aren't we?" she joked.

Sarah looked around, "Wait, where's my dad?"

"Working. Which is where you all are going. Nick, Oliver, Sarah, Rebecca, Jane. If you guys need to take a piss, do it now. Cause break won't be for a while. Troy will be coming for the rest of you."

"Why just them?" Kenny questioned.

Tavia rolled her eyes, "As I said, Troy's coming for the rest of you."

They walked out of the rest area, leaving Kass, Clem, Kenny, and Mike behind.

"Alright, we need to do this NOW," Kenny started. "If Luke's our best shot, then we meet up with him."

Mike nodded, "Gimme the radio. I'll do it. Where's the meeting place?"

"Mike. Kass or Clem should do it."

Mike scoffed, bewildered, "Are you fucking nuts?! No way, I mean, they're just kids!"

"So what? Me and Clem can handle ourselves. Plus, we've seen the same crap you have Mike. So don't say "they're just kids" cause frankly, I'm about tired of people telling us that. Oh, oh. AND. I'm fifteen. I'd hardly call that a kid," Kass argued.

Kenny nodded, "And they know Luke. So they–"

Suddenly the bay door opened again and it was that ugly fucker, Troy. Kenny quickly hide the walkie talkie behind him.

Troy smirked, "Alright little chickens. Let's get to pecking. And don't think today will be like yesterday. Cause if I see any of you fucking around, I won't go easy on you. This rooster is watching your ass all day. You hear? Got that, Kassidy and Clementine?"

"Yessir," Clem said and looked down slightly.

Kassidy didn't answer him.

"I'm gonna need an answer from you, girlie!" he snapped.

Kass huffed and waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Okay, then. Let's go."

Kenny gasped and Kass glanced at him as he turned to Clem. "You have your pockets all out," he spoke up as he shoved the walkie into Clem's coat pocket.- quite suspiciously if you asked Kassidy. But she doubted Troy would notice.

"Gonna get you tags all, snagged on somethin'" he added.

Troy still glared at him, to which he shrugged, "Let's go. We ain't got all day."

They walked out of the rest area and headed to their workstations when Bonnie came up to them, "Hey, they're with me."

"Oh, shit, I almost forgot!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah..."

"Well, take them then, I don't care," he pushed Kass and Clem with his gun.

Kenny looked at them, confused, "Wait, what's goin' on?" he asked.

Troy glared at him, "Nevermind."

Bonnie smiled slightly at the man, "Just chores of a different sort. Come on, kids."

They began to follow her down the aisle when a voice stopped them.

"Can't you cut them a break?" Kenny asked, "They'd really rather keep with us... People they know."

Kass nodded, apprehensive, "No offense, Bonnie, but I'd rather stay with my dad."

"What... What are we doing?" Clem asked her.

"Don't worry about it. Come on," they continued down the aisle and Kass looked back at Kenny with a worried expression.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay," she started. "I didn't believe you...when you told me about Reggie. I ran and found Bill once I left you. Figured even if he had done it, he'd make up some sort of excuse, but... I found out why you looked so shaken up...about Reggie. Bill was just so matter-of-fact about it... like he'd pulled up a weed or somethin'. Like it had to be done, and... that was just one of those moments when your blood runs cold. Goose pimples up and down your arm. 'Cause it turns out the person you thought you knew...was never there," Bonnie explained, shaking her head.

They got to the armory and stood outside the room. Kassidy nervously looked back at Carver's office.

"You guys look anxious. Something the matter?"

Clem hid the radio antenna with her arms and Kass grabbed her arm in nervousness.

Bonnie frowned, "You know you can talk to me, right? I was dishonest when I first met you, but I swear on everything holy that'll never happen again. You can trust me."

Clementine looked down, "We...we wanna see Kenny."

Kassidy nodded along with her words, "Right, we need to talk to my Dad about something."

Bonnie sighed, "Do you now? I can understand that you're uncomfortable... I won't force you to be around me if you don't want to. Go on back out and be with Kenny."

Kass and Clem ran to where Kenny and Mike were working. They walked to the comic shop and stopped to see Troy at Kenny and Mike's post. "Y'all better hurry that shit up. I hate babysittin' you assholes."

The girls snuck inside the comic shop and looked around for Luke but he wasn't there.

Kass looked around, "Luke, we're here. Where are you?"

There was no response.

"Where's Luke?" Clem anxiously asked.

"I don't know," Kass shrugged, "Maybe he's late."

"I don't think he'd be late for something like this," Clem anxiously replied.

"I don't know. We should go before-" 

Just then, Troy walked in and saw them, "I swear to Christ, you two are gonna fucking regret this!"

He grabbed Kass and Clem by the neck and dragged them out of the comic shop, "You people been here one fuckin' day and already you're fuckin' up. Well, you wait and see what happens. Move!"

Troy pushed Kassidy and Clementine forward to join Kenny and Mike.

Kenny glared at Troy, "Hey!,"

Troy aimed his gun at him and he raised his arms in defense.

When they got back to the rest area they saw everyone gathered around Carver and Luke. Oh no...

Oliver was shaking like crazy and hiding behind Nick.

"They found him..." Clem gasped.

"Ah, shit," Kenny and Kass hissed out in unison.

"And how is it that we're repaid for our trust? With treachery? With deceit? With theft?" Carver spoke. He walked over to Kassidy's bunk and pulled out the radio from underneath her pillow.

"Whatever you were planning is over, it's done. You can't just run from your problems. You can't just up and leave when it gets tough, 'cause there's nowhere else you can go where it ain't. Tough is all we got now. Get that through your fuckin' skulls. Luke here, he can't help you now. You gotta help yourselves. You gotta help me find the strength to forgive you. Now, you can start... by telling me where the other one is. I'm gonna count to three. If that radio ain't in my hand by then, we'll have to make things more difficult. One... Two..."

Clem started to speak, "I got it-"

Kenny grabbed the radio from her and held it in the air, "I got it right here!"

Carver held out his hand. Kenny started to walk to him, but Kass grabbed his arm with a scared look.

"It's alright, darlin'," Kenny walked to Carver, who was looking him dead in the eyes. He set the radio in his hand.

"Three..."

They both gave each other a death stare. Kenny mumbled something before suddenly, Carver smashed him in the face with the radio.

"NOO!!!" Sarita yelled.

“Dad!” Kassidy screamed, launching toward him, but Ollie held her back.

Nick gasped in panic, "Oh, God. Jesus Christ! Stop!"

"Holy shit!" Ollie exclaimed in fear.

Sarita tried going for Kenny, but Carlos restrained her as Carver continued to beat Kenny's face in with the radio.

"Oliver, Clementine, Kassidy help me!" Carlos called.

Carver continued to beat Kenny's face as Clem and Kass attempted to help him. Ollie let go of the latter and ran to help Carlos hold back Sarita.

Troy hit Clem with the butt of his rifle, but Kass continued to run until Troy kicked her in the side and she fell to the ground with a grunt of pain. 

"Kass!" she heard Ollie exclaim.

"Bill, that's enough! Bill, please! BILL, there's a breach!" Bonnie yelled as she ran toward them.

Carver bashed Kenny's face one last time and threw away the broken radio, "Alright, everyone come with me. Bonnie, you stick around. Make sure these folks don't get into any more trouble."

Bonnie nodded, brows furrowed, "Yeah...Okay."

Carver spoke one last time, "No supper for y'all tonight. Maybe an empty stomach will give you some perspective, then we'll try this again tomorrow." He walked out and closed the bay door behind him. 

Carlos ran to kneel beside Kenny as Bonnie checked up on Clem and Kass. The latter on her knees, clutching her side.

Ollie let Sarita go and ran over to the two girls.

"Do your best with him, Carlos. You need to get him able to move, 'cause we're leavin' tonight," Bonnie told him.

The group looked at Bonnie with widened eyes, "We're leavin' tonight," she repeated.

━━━━━━━━━━

Clementine, who had been knocked out by that horrible man Troy after she and Kassidy tried to help Kenny, finally woke up in her bed groaning from the sharp pain on her right cheek, "Oww... Dang it!"

She sat up and saw her friends all looking torn after what they witnessed earlier that day. Sarita and was crying while Rebecca and Sarah comforted her. Nick was in bad shape. Carlos was tending to Kenny's wound. Ollie was sitting beside Kassidy, who was showing no emotion. Luke and Mike were at the bay door talking to Bonnie. She got up and walked to her friends over by the fire.

Rebecca asked, "What did she say, Mike?"

"She said she can get us out of the pen if we get the PA system working. Once she hears it, she'll run over and spring us."

"That's great!" Rebecca exclaimed.

"it's not great," Luke denied.

"What're you talking?" Rebecca scoffed.

"Look, I know part of this is my fault, I... I know. I was hungry, I got reckless tryin' to steal some food and I got caught..."

"We can't stay here!" Clem exclaimed.

"Exactly," Rebecca agreed. "We have no idea how long Alvin's got before Bill just kills him. We have to leave now."

Kass looked around, "Can we even trust Bonnie?"

"We got no reason not to trust her. I mean, if she wanted us caught, we'd be caught. But tonight... tonight is risky," Luke replied with a sigh.

Nick agreed, "It is pretty damn risky, guys."

Mike scoffed, "Risky? Did you see what that son of a bitch just did? Look, the plan works. Nothing needs to change. It's all set up. The hard part is done. This guy's fucking crazy. Who knows what he'll do next?" he snapped.

"Yeah, but now we're dealin' with a guy beat to shit, Sarita in no shape to do anything, and I'm a goddamn mess. Look, we should rest up, okay? We should bide our time, and we should wait for an opening.

Mike scoffed, bewildered, "Bonnie's agreeing to help us tonight."

Luke shook his head, "And that doesn't mean she can't do it some other night."

Nick frowned, shaking his head in agreement, "I don't know, guys. Luke's makin' sense. Maybe we should wait."

Rebecca scoffed, looking away from the two, "We're not waiting."

"Ain't nothin' out there, guys. Trust me, I looked!" Luke exclaimed. "There's no food, there's no supplies. They picked everything clean. I'm just sayin', we gotta be sensible about this."

"This is being sensible," Mike snapped.

Clementine looked around, "Where's Kenny?" Just the mention of him made the others freeze and Kassidy's head shoot up at the sound of her father's name.

"Doc's over there workin' on him. It don't look good," Luke answered quietly.

Carlos joined the group not a moment after, Clem shooting around to look at him.

"You better fix him...you better," the pre-teen murmured, voice cracking.

Carlos frowned, nodding gently, "I'm doing my best."

Mike looked up at the man, concerned, "How is he?"

Carlos sighed, "His orbital is crushed. I don't think there's much hope for the eye. I got him as stable as I could, cleaned it, got some of the swelling down, bandaged it as best I could, but until he wakes up, we won't know if there's any damage to the brain."

Sarita continued to sob, hearing about her boyfriend's wellbeing.

Kassidy whimpered and bit her tongue to hold back a sob as she squeezed her eyes shut, "Can't we steal some decongestants or antibiotics? They've-they've got to have those, right?"

Oliver rubbed her back and muttered comforting words to her.

Luke sighed, "Okay, look... maybe I'm just playin' devil's advocate here, but if... damn it, if y'all are serious about goin' tonight, then we're gonna have to start talkin' about maybe... leavin' some folks behind."

"Woah, man," Oliver shook his head at the suggestion.

Sarita's head shot up, "No!" she exclaimed as Kassidy turned to give Luke a deadly glare.

"This is no other way," Luke said.

"This is bullshit," Rebecca scoffed.

"Well, I don't like it either, but guess what? It's where we're at."

Sarita let out a shaky breath, "Kenny and I are only here because of you people, and now you intend to leave us behind?!"

"So we should risk all of our lives?" Carlos spoke up.

Rebecca turned to look at him, "What are you saying?"

Carlos averted his eyes, "Nothing. I'm... I'm just thinking out loud here."

"We are not leaving him!" Sarita exclaimed.

Clementine shook her head, "No! We're not leaving Kenny! That's not fair! We stay together!" but quickly calmed at seeing the look in Kassidy's eyes.

"Kass-" Oliver and Clementine warned.

Kassidy snarled and jumped up, "FUCK YOU, LUKE!!! WE'RE NOT LEAVING MY DAD!!!"

Luke and everybody else flinched at her dangerous tone and the deadly look in her teary eyes. Luke looked away, "Kass-" she cut him off.

"What if it was Pete?! Huh!? Would you leave him behind then!?"

They all stared at the teen with wide eyes at her words.

"Exactly. So we're not leaving without Dad. It isn't fair!" she snapped.

Luke finally looked back up at her, "Life ain't fair, Kassidy. We're just trying to make the best of a bad situation. No one wants to leave your dad behind."

"Good...cause...you won't have to."

They turned to look at Kenny, looks of surprise on their faces. He looked beaten and had a bloody eyepatch on his left eye. Sarita got up and embraced him in a hug.

"I'm alright, hon..." he said softly. Kenny looked at the rest of the group. "We leave tonight... plan don't change."

Kassidy looked ready to burst into tears as she ran to her father and cried into him.

Kenny made a grunting sound and Sarita looked at him worried. He just waved her off as he rubbed Kassidy's back.

Nick smirked, "Not bad, old man."

"Thanks, asshole" Kenny replied.

"You're so fucking cool, man!" Oliver exclaimed with adoration.

Kenny grinned and nodded at the teen.

Mike smirked, shaking his head, "You are one tough bastard."

"Do tough bastards get their ass kicked in front of everybody?" he asked. Clementine slowly walked up to him and he looked down at her. "You alright? That wasn't y'all's fault, okay? So don't go blamin' yourself-"

Before he could finish, Clem quickly added herself into Kenny and Kassidy's embrace.

"It's alright, girls. I'm alright," he soothed. He let go of them and looked back at the group.

"Alright... Well, then, what now?" Luke asked after a moment.

Kenny scoffed, "We get the hell outta here."

Luke did a quick double take, "Like now, now?"

"Yes!" Rebecca exclaimed, exasperated.

"Where are we goin?" Kenny asked. "In case things get squirrely and we gotta make a break for it, we need a place to meet up."

"We can meet out at Parker's Run," Mike suggested.

Kenny scrunched his nose, "The hell is that?"

"It's a Civil War site a just few miles north. Tourist trap. Got signs all over. Just follow the road," Mike explained.

"We stopped there after we escaped the first time. Luke and Carlos know where it is. It's not far," Rebecca added.

"Yeah, me too," Oliver said with a grin.

Kenny nodded in agreement, "Well, at least if a few folks know where it's at, it'll be easier to find if we're split up. Alright, that works."

Luke looked around, "Then we just need someone to go set off that PA, right? I mean, you never bothered to explain who's supposed to do that."

They all turned to stare at Clementine and Kassidy. 

Luke grew concerned about their decision, "Wait, wait, hold on. They're the plan?!"

Ollie looked back at him, "Luke, they can do it."

Luke sighed, "I don't doubt that. It's just that if they get caught, who knows what Carver will do to them."

Clem looked at them, "We're gonna need a boost."

They went over to the winch and Oliver told them to be careful and pat Clem's head with a grin, hugging Kassidy. Luke and Mike lifted the two kids up to the ladder.

Rebecca began explaining the plan to the girls, "Be sure to remember to flip the switch for the outdoor speakers. Just the indoor speakers might not draw the herd. It's right on the microphone box. By default it's set to play music, so you should just have to turn it on, right? Then climb back up and drop into the stockroom. We'll meet you there."

"Down into the office, outdoor speaker switch, turn on PA, up to the roof, down into the stockroom to meet you guys," Clem repeated. "That right?"

"Perfect," Rebecca smiled up at them.

"Be careful!" Sarita exclaimed.

"Kay," the girls murmured.

"Girls!" Rebecca called up to them one last time before they reached the top. "Make sure you bring Alvin."

The two girls finally the to the top of the roof and saw the horde stumbling around the parking lot. This was gonna be hell. They made it to the skylight at Carver's office. They climbed down and saw Alvin in the chair, still beaten to a bloody pulp.

"Alvin!" Clem exclaimed, running over to him to check him for a pulse.

"Is he...?"

She shook her head, "No, he's alive."

Kass looked over at the desk and remembered her mom's revolver, "Clem, go figure out the PA system."

"What are you gonna do?" she asked.

"I'll see what's on Carver's desk. It might have something," Kass answered. She eventually found it and checked the cylinder. Ha. Bullets! "Clem, how's it coming?"

Clem nodded, "Almost...there we go."

She pushed a button and it turned on the PA at the outside. They saw Bonnie go into the rest area to pick up the rest of the group. Kass also noticed some guys running up to the office.

"We need to go."

They turned and saw Alvin, sitting in Carver's chair holding a tiny gun that was in his desk.

"Alvin?" Kassidy questioned.

Alvin looked at them, "Carver talks all that tough guy shit, then keeps the tiniest gun in the universe," he chuckled, "Somethin is funny about that."

Clem looked around quickly, "Alvin, we have to go. Come on."

Alvin shook his head "No," he coughed, "I ain't goin' anywhere, but you are. Go on. I mean to get some payback."

"No!" Clem exclaimed. "We're leaving. We're all leaving."

Alvin sighed, "I ain't fit to move, kid. I've... I've run outta road."

Just then, they heard the guards pounding on the door trying to get in.

"You gotta get outta here. They'll be here any second."

"Thank you, Alvin," Kass murmured gently.

They climbed back up the skylight when Alvin said, "You take care of my girls. I get the feelin' it's... it's gonna be a girl. Just a hunch. Go on."

Just then, two guards busted in. Alvin shot the first guard, but the second guard shot him. The guard turned his back to us and was about to shoot the girls until Alvin got back up and shot the second guard. Alvin took one last breath and died in Carver's chair.

Clementine whimpered and Kassidy put her hand on her shoulder. "We have to go," she said quietly.

Clem frowned, "I know..."

They climbed through the skylight and up to the roof. They got back onto the roof and saw that the walkers were still moving toward the store.

They ran to the skylight where the stockroom was. Clem opened and held it open, Kass went in first and did the same for Clem. Once they got there, they saw the group being held at gunpoint by Carver.

"You wanna disrespect me, fine! You wanna throw away the life I'm tryin' to build for us all, then fuckin' fine! You wanna run off with this dogshit group of crippled fucks, then fine! Be my guest. But I will put a bullet in you and that baby before I let you leave again with my child!"

Rebecca scoffed. "It's not yours!" she exclaimed.

"You don't fucking know that! And until we do, you're not goin' anywhere!" Carver snarled.

They shimmied across a shelf above Carver. As he continued to talk, Clem and Kass looked at each other. Kass huffed and quietly said, "This asshole is really starting to annoy me!"

As Kassidy said that, Clem jumped off of the shelf and onto Carver, making him stumble toward Kenny.

Kenny punched him in the face and made him stumble to Luke, who took the gun away from him.

Kassidy climbed down as Luke pointed the gun at Carver, everyone picking up their weapons.

"Get back," Luke warned.

"Come on, Luke. This ain't none of your business," Carver scoffed.

Rebecca looked at the girls, confused, "Kass, Clem, where... Why isn't Alvin with you? Where is he?!"

They both look at her with sadness and Kassidy shook her head. Once she did, Rebecca widened her eyes, a frown making it's way into her face, “Alvin...”

Luke gasped, turning toward the pregnant woman, "Rebecca, I am... Oh, God, I am so sorry."

"Kill him," Rebecca snapped.

"Rebecca, Rebecca, sweetie, my God. How did we get here, you and me? This is just a bit of a custody battle we got on our hands, here."

Oliver finally snapped at hearing that Alvin didn't make it, "Shut the fuck up Carver!"

Clem sighed, beginning to speak, saying something about tying him up, before Kass cut her off.

“Just fucking shoot him, Luke! Goddammit!” she snapped, shaking with rage.

"What?! No I-"

BANG! BANG!

Before Luke could finish, two gunshots went off simultaneously and Carver screamed in pain as he held both of his legs and fell to the floor. They looked over to see Kassidy and Kenny aiming their guns at Carver.

Ollie looked at the girl in surprise.

Kenny put away the gun and walls over to the table, picking up a crowbar as Carver tried to crawl away.

"Go on and wait outside..."

They all knew what Kenny was going to do, so everyone, except for Rebecca, Oliver, Sarita, Luke, Clementine, and Kassidy left.

Sarita shook her head, frowning, "Kenny... Please."

"I only need a minute..." Kenny looked over his shoulder at Kass and Clem. "Go on. You two don't need to see this..."

Carver scoffed, "Those girls have already seen more than you can imagine!"

"Shut your mouth, Bill! You're all just gonna let him do this?" Luke pointed at him.

"Yes," Rebecca finalized.

Luke sighed, shaking his head, "There ain't one part of that son of a bitch I don't hate, but that does not make this right. I don't want nothin' to do with this."

"I'm not going anywhere," Clem shook her head.

"And I don't wanna miss the show," Kass replied, grinning dangerously.

"It's gonna get messy..." Kenny warned.

"I know."

"I hope so."

Carver laughed, "Look at you, kid. A fucking killer, just like I told you. You're just looking for a new way to kill someone, is that about right?"

"Shut up!" Kassidy snapped, kicking Carver in the face. Clem quickly put her hand on her shoulder to calm her.

Oliver knew Carver couldn't hurt him anymore after this.

Sarita tried to pull Kass and Clem away, "Come on. I'm not letting you two see this!"

Kassidy shove her off. She didn't want Clem to see this so why wouldn't she just go with everyone else? She couldn't force her, though.

"It's not your decision," Clementine said.

Carver smirked, "That's it. Learn from your friend there, Clementine. It's what makes you stronger than the rest of 'em."

"Come on. Let's go," Carlos led Sarita away from them.

"Yeah, go on! Let the sheep out of the pen! We'll see how long that lasts," Carver scoffed.

"I'll be right there," Rebecca answered.

"You won't see anything," Kenny snapped.

Carver looked up at Kenny, "That's funny comin' from you. How's that eye? Just follow my voice... it'll get ya there. You got a thick fuckin' skull, Kenneth. Should've put you outta your misery right then. Now look at ya. You're a mess Your kid there, too. Oh, and Oliver. Shoulda slit his throat right then and there last time."

"Shut the fuck up!" Oliver snapped.

Luke frowned, "Come on, Ollie," he said and guided the teen away from there as Carver spoke.

"Not too pussy anymore, huh? What happened to the quivering little bitch?" he asked with a sneer then turned to Rebecca, "The fuck are you looking at, bitch? Don't act like you didn't love every second of it-"

Kenny had enough of his mouth and hit him across the face with the crowbar. He did it a second time and his face started to turn into mush.

Clem squinted a few times but Kass didn't even squint once. She just watched the whole thing with a blank stare.

Kenny swung one last time into Carver's dead body and got a little stuck, yanking the blood-covered crowbar out of his face.

"Let's go..."

Kenny left and they followed.

Outside of Howe's was a total warzone. Gunfire and groans from the thousands of walkers stumbling toward the establishment. Everyone inside the building was firing their weapons, trying to defend their home. Except for a handful of people. Once they got outside, they were shocked by the number of walkers.

"Shit! I thought that they were coming from the south!" Kenny exclaimed.

Rebecca nodded, "They did...looks like we're in the eye of it."

Nick panicked, "Oh man, we ain't gonna make it through this!"

Luke looked at him, "Come on, Nick. If a kid can make it through a horde this big, so can you!"

"Yeah, Nick. Man up," Oliver teased his older brother with a smirk.

Nick pushed Oliver and rolled his eyes.

Luke looked over at Clementine and Kassidy, handing them some weapons. He gave Clementine a hatchet and gave Kassidy a bowie knife, "Here, you two are gonna need somethin'."

"Thanks," they said.

"You guys better hurry up and get to smearing if you wanna live. Or you can die here... Doesn't matter to me," Jane scoffed. "Do it quick. We need to get covered before the rest of them get close, or we're fucked."

A walker approached the two kids, Clem hitting it with her hatchet and it fell to the ground in front of them. Just then, they looked over to see Jane gutting a walker.

Clem took her hatchet and started gutting her walker. The teens immediately smelled the foul smell of the dead corpse.

"Oh, god, this is disgusting!" Oliver gagged.

"You're gonna put that on yourself?" Sarah exclaimed in disgust.

Clementine huffed, "We have to, Sarah."

Kassidy nodded quickly in agreement, "It's the only way. Clem, get my back."

Clementine covered her friend with the guts and she did the same with her back. Kassidy turned to Sarah with some guts while Sarah looked in horror at what was about to happen, though she didn't say anything and stood still as Kassidy rubbed the guts on her front and back.

Oliver grabbed the guts and rubbed some on himself. "Oh, God. I'm gonna puke," he gagged.

"Everybody shut the fuck up and get covered," Jane hissed.

As Kass continued to smear the guts on Sarah's back, Carlos approached them and helped cover Sarah in blood and guts.

"It'll be okay, honey," Carlos assured. "Just stay still," he murmured.

"Are... are you sure?" Sarah whimpered, hesitant m

Carlos spoke gently to his daughter, "I'm sure. There's nothing to fear if you remain calm. I'll keep you safe."

"Hurry the fuck up," Jane snapped.

"We ain't got all day here, everybody ready? They're almost on us," Kenny said as he looked around.

"What in the actual fuck is going on here?! What is this sick shit?" They turned to see Troy approaching. "Someone say something before I start–"

Luke reached down for the AK but Troy spotted him. "Hey, hey, hey, hey! Don't you even fucking think about it, motherfucker! I will end you, you hear me?!" Luke put his hands up as Troy pointed the gun at him.

Jane sighed as she picked up her pistol and hid it behind her back, "Troy, Troy... We talked about this." She slowly inched closer to Troy, making him back away from her, "What? The fuck you talking about?!"

Jane sighed, "I told you I wanted to get out. You said you'd help, then I'd help."

Troy shook his head, "I thought you meant get outta the pen! Not whatever the fuck shit is!"

Jane smiled at him, trying to assure him of something, "I did, but now we can leave. Troy, you can come with us..."

Just then, some walkers passed the group, confirming that the guts did work.

Troy paused, looking around himself, "What? Well...where would we go?"

"Away from here. Together," she smiled.

Troy laughed, "Man, you smell really bad. You gotta get a bath before we-"

Jane shot Troy in the dick and he dropped to the floor, screaming. "You shot my dick off! You bitch!"

Jane picked up the gun and walked back toward the group, where they all had shocked expressions at the her sudden action. "Come on. Don't make any noise, got it? They might hear something they don't like. And for fuck's sake, walk. Act like you belong and you will belong."

They all began to walk amongst the dead as Troy's screams filled the air along with the gunfire and groans from the walkers. It was going pretty smoothly until Sarah started to whimper.

Carlos tried to soothe her, "Shh. Quiet, honey. Kids, come help me! Calm her down, please. Just say something, you're her friends."

"Sari, it's gonna be okay," Oliver comforted before moving toward Kenny and Mike.

Clem sighed, "Sarah, listen to us. You're gonna be-"

Suddenly, Carlos got shot in the ear, stumbling into a few walkers who quickly chomped down on him. Sarah screamed in horror at her father getting eaten. Bonnie then started to shoot at some walkers who had their attention drawn from Sarah's screams.

"Clementine, Kassidy, get Sarah!" someone exclaimed as they watched Sarah bolt.

"Goddammit Sarah!" Kassidy exclaimed. The teen ran after her, leaving Clementine in the sea of the dead.

Clem heard a scream behind her and turned back to see Sarita, a walker biting her wrist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 170 10
I know you're all tired of me making New Books, but it helps Fund My Creativity and overall morale so... Trigger warning for Some: Dark topics. But...
13.1K 227 37
The dead have started walking, and you and your sister, Clementine, are alone. Your parents are gone. They went to Savannah. You met someone named Le...
1.4K 79 17
"stop the world I wanna get off with you" Angel never thought she would survive on her own. Somehow though, she's made it this far, after the events...
23.2K 352 17
𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇. Everything is taken from my tumblr account @maybemitch.