The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 14

3.1K 111 3
By BitchyCookies

Nicholas

Pack Alphas from our neighbor packs greeted me and gave congratulations on my mating. I was mingling fine with other wolves between me and my mate which wasn't easy. I finally met my mate and had the opportunity to be close to him but I still must wait for everything to calm down. The after-party will be taking place soon and we can hang around our friend before we'll take off with our mate and love him endlessly. 

I looked at Percy who was with his parents and felt mesmerized by his beauty. His coat was a beautiful light brown with his ear being black. He was smaller than most wolves but that doesn't change anything, it just makes me want to protect him even more. His voice sounded so sweet and gentle, it made my whole body shiver under his control. Just as I locked eyes with my mate, I knew he will be my first priority, always. I saw papa move towards him and turned my attention to my friends. They were goofing around with Slyver, growling, and yelping, playing like pups.  

Suddenly, I felt pain and panic brew inside of me and my legs found their way to our mate. Percy was on the ground whimpering and twitching. 

"Percy! What's happening?" I asked through our link, my voice sounded so scared and weak, it took me by surprise. 

I was met with silence. Our link is somehow blocked and it feels like Percy is lost somewhere. My chest tightened and dread spread all over my body. I could see my parents and Percy's family move forward.

I growled with all I had and snapped my canines to everyone who was near my mate. Concerned looks were thrown at us as I pushed my face in my mate's neck, trying to communicate.

'Let me out, Nic.' Ivan said and I felt that his emotions were similar to mine. 

'No! I can't protect him like that.'I growled and hissed at my other half. Just the thought of handing my mate to someone else in that state sent me in fury. I'm the only one who can protect my mate. Even if he is Ivan, I'm reluctant to give him control since I know my form is the strongest.

'Give me control, Nic. There are so many warriors surrounding us, not to mention dad is here. Our mate will be safe so let me out so I can communicate with him verbally.' My instincts didn't agree with what Ivan was saying but thinking logically, I knew he was right.

'Okay.' With that, I hesitantly gave control to Ivan.

Ivan

Instead of four, I was standing on two legs with no clothes on. I didn't care about the lack of clothes covering my body and instantly kneeled beside my mate's form.

"Hey, baby." I ran my fingers in Karter's fur. "Talk to me, tell me how to help you." I looked towards the Elders and my dad pleadingly when he kept his eyes close and continues to whimper in pain. "Help me." I have never felt so vulnerable in my life and right now all of my pack could see me in this state. Showing any weakness to others isn't 'suitable' for a Pack Alpha but I didn't care about it since seeing my mate in this condition is worrisome already. 

I allowed a pack doctor to check my mate and calmed Nic so he wouldn't take control through force. My wolf was pacing around and growling regularly. It is hard enough for us that something interrupted our mating ceremony but seeing our mate hurt isn't doing us any good.

Just as the doctor was going to touch my mate, Karter's body trembled furiously before raising from the ground. He was slowly floating in the air as I fell back in shock. I noticed the whimpering has stopped completely and my mate's form is starting to change. I heard Karter's mother and my Papa gasp but my eyes couldn't leave from Karter. It didn't look like he was changing to his human body as the fur didn't disappear. His wolf was becoming bigger and bigger in seconds and in no time, the color of his fur turned white. My body was unable to move as I tried to comprehend what was happening. Nothing was making sense but the concern for our mate. 

The 'transformation' was finished when there stood a big, white, and dominant wolf instead of my mate's timid brown wolf. The wolf had his head high proudly as his eyes ranked the crowd. I let my eyes run over the creature and noticed the pure white fur which was glowing brightly. The height of this wolf was slightly taller than my wolf which is very surprising since my wolf is bigger than an average Alpha wolf. My eyes narrowed something on his forehead but before I could see it properly, a chill ran down my spine at his big silver eyes.

Instantly my knees were forced on the ground and my head hung low as to show respect. This position is done while paying respect to a strong Alpha and Luna but doing this right now seems very appropriate. I stole glances around and saw everyone was in the same position as mine. Some looked terrified while others had confused expressions.

"Το όνομά μου είναι Ομπέλιος, το παιδί της Θεάς της Σελήνης. Είναι η δεύτερη φορά που επισκέπτομαι αυτόν τον πλανήτη. Το είδος μας θα αντιμετωπίσει δυσκολίες νωρίτερα και όχι αργότερα. Τα άτομα θα έχουν κακή κατεύθυνση και παραπληροφόρηση. Θα προκύψουν ισχυρές και πολλά υποσχόμενες δυνάμεις και θα διαλυθούν. Το Alpha και το Luna θα οδηγήσουν αυτό το είδος στην επιτυχία και στα επιτεύγματα. Έχετε εμπιστοσύνη στους ηγέτες σας και συνειδητοποιήστε ποιοι είναι οι εχθροί και οι σύντροφοί σας." 

(Please don't look up the translation. I want you to know what it means when the others in the story do. But if you want to, be my guest. However, DON'T SPOIL FOR OTHERS!)

My breath was taken away by the rough and dominated voice of the humongous creature standing in front of me. This voice was so much different than Karter's and Percy's, indicating that he is a completely different personality. Even though I don't understand a word he said, I knew the statement holds importance and authority. 

" Αποχαιρετισμός, αδελφοί και αδελφές." 

The mighty wolf raised his head and let out the loudest howl I have ever heard. Chills ran down my spine due to fear and so much dominance. That howl sounded like a warning and a scary one. My eyes shut tightly at dreading feeling. I'm not bragging or anything but I'm a pretty strong wolf, stronger than an average Alpha wolf but this glowing silver wolf has me whimpering like a pup. Confusion and fear were the main emotions I was feeling and nothing was making sense. Not to mention this wolf is supposed to be my mate.

The howling stopped but no one dared to raise their heads when the sound of cracking of bones was heard. Only when I heard my mate's gasp, I looked up to see a pale Karter looking very scared and confused. His hands were trembling as he brought them to cover his mouth as took notice of the surrounding. Everyone was still in the same position since no one dared to move an inch.  

I was just about to move towards him as Karter's body gave out and he fainted. Though I tried my hardest to move quickly so his body won't touch the ground but I was just a little slow. I winced as his head hit a rock and quickly moved to assist him. Karter's skin was very pale and his natural golden complexion was dull. My vision was blurry and my eyes were fixed on my mate. Worriedly, I ran my fingers in his head to detect any injuries and felt something wet. Panic shot in my mind after I brought my now blood-covered fingers out. 

"I-Ivan." I snapped my head toward my Papa who had his eyes wide open in shock. "His hair." I pointed to my mate's head. My eyes immediately went to Karter again and this time my eyes searched for his head. I let out a gasp taking in the sight in front of me. Karter's long brown hair now had silver highlights in some places. Bright glowing silver hairs.

"H-he's bleeding." I changed the attention to something more important but the shock was still in my voice. "He hit his head on a rock." I said in a monotone and looked to the doctor who was supposed to see my mate before he transformed. 

"It's better if you bring him somewhere comfortable." My dad said, he was looking staggered but more collected than me. "Clear the field. The after-party is being called off, go home everyone." He instructed the huge crowd surrounding us. I'm glad he is here right now, doing MY job. "Hurry now, son." I listened and picked up my passed-out and naked mate. I gesture to Karter's mother to cover him and she did it immediately with her shaky hands. Werewolves are not ashamed of nudity but I feel like my shy mate would've certainly mind it.

I gazed down at him as we walked towards the golf cart. Everyone has moved aside while we hurried to take Karter away. I sat in the cart with Karter in my lap and the doctor was sitting beside me. She quickly pressed a thick piece of gauze over the bleeding and kept it there as the cart started to move. I brought up my hand to caress his pale cheek but the sight of blood on it made me jerk away. I pressed my lips together as tears started to well in my eyes.

She moved Karter's hair to assess the area where he was injured. I waited and waited for her comment but she didn't say anything. Finally, I looked at her and saw a confused expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" She flinched when I interrupted her as she was deep in thoughts.

"I-it.. I can't find the wound." She said after hesitating. "I can see the blood but not the wound. I checked pretty much all his head, but there is not even a scratch." She explained while taking her fingers away.

"How's that possible. He can't heal that quickly." Unbelief was apparent in my voice because it was true. There is no way he healed this quickly. For a wound that bled that much, it would've taken a full day for an Omega wolf to heal completely. For a Beta, several hours, and for an Alpha 2-3 hours.

"M-maybe it's because of what happened earlier..." She hesitantly said. "If you don't mind me saying!" She added instantly.

"I think so too." I sighed while looked at my pale mate. "Is there anything else to be worried about?" I asked, keeping my worried gaze on Karter.

"Other than his pale complexion, I can't detect anything wrong." She informed, feeling Karter's skin and checking his eyes.

"He'll be okay, honey." My papa put his hand on his shoulder and I glanced back at him with a nod.

"He has to be okay." I muttered, knowing not even the Goddess can stop me if anything happens to my mate. My wolf will raise hell for sure.

--------

With quick steps, I carried my mate towards the hospital. A team of pack nurses and doctors were already waiting for us. I placed my mate on the stretcher immediately and pushed it alongside the doctors.

"What exactly happened?" The doctor, who I knew to be Uncle Reid, Papa's older brother, said as we neared a room.

"He-" I found it hard to tell what happened because I wasn't even sure what took place several minutes ago.

"The Luna turned into a Godly creature and he fainted right after he changed back." The doctor who rode with me answered instead. "The creature looked like the biggest wolf I have ever seen and the transformation back to his human form left him in this state." The doctor nodded as we stopped.

"I'll have to ask you to leave the room, Alpha." Uncle Reid said with his head bowed down. 

"How can you even suggest that Reid?" I growled, my canines dropped instantly as I looked at my uncle with a glare.

"Let him stay, Reid. He won't leave the room in this state." My dad said from behind me. He was dressed in shorts and was in the process of wearing a tee.

"Damn right." I said, my eyes back to my mate. 

"Here." My papa, who was also dressed, gave me a sweatpant and I wore it quickly. With a flash, I went back to hold Karter's pale hand and caress his cheek.

"At least move aside to let the doctors help him." Dad said and I looked around to see the doctor hesitantly standing around us. 

I frowned at the thought of leaving my mate, papa had to drag me away forcefully. They checked my mate with careful hands and turned back to us after the longest 10 minutes. 

"He appears to be fine, Alpha. Other than weakness and stress, there is nothing serious." The head doctor, my uncle, said and put the stethoscope back around his neck. "He can be discharged after the drip finishes."

My eyes went to my mate, and they indeed were putting a drip. As the nurse was about to inject him with the needle, I growled at him.

"For Goddess sake, Ivan. Let them do their work." My dad growled too and roughly pulled me away so I can't see Karter.

"When will he wake up?" I asked after I stopped glaring at my dad. Of course, he didn't falter and kept his head high even though I looked at him with heavy dominance. He is my dad and was the Pack Alpha, it will take an army, or his mate to make him submit.

"I believe he'll wake up in an hour or two. He might need to take things slow and rest plenty for a few days." Uncle Reid instructed but I couldn't leave my eyes from Karter, who was being dressed in a hospital gown by two nurses.

"Thank you and sorry about earlier." I turned to my uncle with not so apologetic expression. Of course, I'm not sorry for wanting to protect my mate. 

"I would be disappointed if you didn't behave like that." He chuckled and smiled manage to slip my lips. 

"..van." A whimper was heard and my head snapped towards my mate. "Ivan." Karter's eyes were still closed but he turned his head towards me. 

I was by his side immediately as he unconsciously searched for me. I grabbed his small hand and covered it with my huge ones. Bringing his hand up, I kissed it a few times. "I'm here, love." I whispered and his eyes fluttered at my voice.

My breath was taken away when his eyes fully opened and revealed something unusual. Karter, my mate, not only had his hair changed to silver in some places but now also had a silver-colored eye. His left iris was bright silver and his pupil was black. Karter was looking around the room with confusion and when he turned his eyes on me, my shocked expression must have worried him. 

"W-what's going on." Karter's voice was weak and husky. He tried to get up and I helped him, snapping out of the zone.

"You are going to be fine, my son. Seeing that you woke u-" My uncle cut himself off when he also noticed the color of his eyes and looked at me with wide eyes. I quickly shook my head at him.

'Please don't worry him with this. I'll break it down to him, slowly.' I mind-linked him and his expression changed straight away.

"Seeing that you woke up so quickly, your body is healing well." He said with an assuring smile. 'Way too well. Considering he is an Omega, and weaker than others, his state looks oddly normal.' Reid told me through the link.

"What happened?" Karter turned to me, he looked really worried. "I don't remember anything." I could feel through our bond how concern and anxious he was.

"Hey, everything is going to be alright. Take it slow, love." I kissed his forehead, sensing that he is starting to freak out. Anyone would feel that way after passing out due to pain and waking up and seeing everyone on their knees and ending up in the hospital. I'm still not sure how to explain to him what had happened. 

"Mama." He said after calming down a bit. "I want my mama." I knew my mate was near tears as his voice cracked.

"I'll get your mother." My papa exited the room in flash and I turned to my mate. He looked so defeated, it broke my heart. I continued to run my fingers in his long hair, knowing it was helping him.

"Baby." We both turned to Anna, tears covering her face as he ran to my mate and embraced him. I backed off a bit and sat down on the chair the nurse had brought. "Thank Goddess you are okay."

"Mama." Karter whimpered and held her mother tightly, letting go of his tear and crying freely. "Mama." He continuously sobbed out. Nic howled at the sight of my distressed mate, wanting to get out and take care of him. It was physically hurting us seeing our sad mate. Our bond was fresh so I could feel his emotions fully.

"Everything's okay, baby." She kissed my mate's head, glancing at his hair but ignored them. Everyone exited the room, leaving me, Karter, and Anna.

"What happened?" Karter turned to me with his face wet with tears. I stood up and wiped them and kissed both of his cheeks.

"Let's go home and I'll tell you everything," I whispered and he agreed hesitantly. "Anna, can you please ask someone to take his drip off?" I asked the Beta who smiled at me and nodded.

'Bring Karter's clothes.' I mind-linked Alex, who I could feel was standing out of the room with Dad and papa.

'Roger.' He replied.

"Don't be so worried, baby. No matter what happens, I'll always stay by your side. I don't know if you are aware of this, but you are stuck with me forever." I said as he put his face on my bare chest.

"How unfortunate." My mate muttered quietly but I know he wanted me to hear that. 

"Hey, you little minx." A small smile managed to appear on his face, calming my world down a bit. I looked down at his face and noticed his swollen red eyes, ruffled hair, and blushy cheek. I still can't believe I'm blessed with him.

"You are my everything, Karter." I seriously said, looked his unusual eyes.

"So are you." He whispered back. "I've never felt so complete." My mate said and kissed where my heart is. "You make me complete, Ivan." My eyes stung at his words but I blinked back the tears.

Our moment was interrupted by the opening door where a small Omega came. He blushed at the sight and kept his eyes down. "I'm here to take the drip off." He said, slowly taking steps towards us. 

My body was unwilling but I managed to part from Karter so the Omega could do his work. With gentle hands he took the needle out, this time my wolf wasn't as anxious. "Thank you." Karter said after the nurse was done. The Omega looked at my mate with wide eyes before nodding repeatedly.

"Get well soon, Luna." After bowing at us he left the room.

"That was weird." Karter said.

"You'll get used to it." I replied and went by his side, taking him in my arms again. I felt someone was very close to the door and a second later, Alex entered when a paper bag.

"Hey, here are the clothes." He said with a smile that faltered when he looked at my mate and noticed a few changes.

'Don't.' I warned as he was about to say something. 'Not right now.' He nodded while handing me the bag. I went back to Karter's side and handed him the bag. He took it but his eyes were still looking ahead. I turned around to see Alex staring hard at my mate. 

"When are you planning to leave?" I asked in a not so polite tone.

"Huh?" The trace broke and he turned to me. "Oh, right." He left the room in a hurry making me sigh.

"What was that?" Karter said, feeling uncomfortable.

"Let me help you." I quickly took out the shirt and shorts. 

I helped my clothed mate get up and hugged him instantly, feeling his small body fit perfectly against mine. "Let's leave." I said and put my hands around his shoulder, keeping him as close as possible.

Our parents and Alex were sitting impatiently and stood up as they saw us exiting the room. "We are heading home. Can you please inform the Elders to come there and discuss the matter?" I asked my dad and he nodded, patting my back. "Alex, place several warriors to guard the mansion and have a few to escort our cars." I looked to my Beta who noded as well. "What about the guests? Are they staying in the guesthouses or did they leave?" 

"A few of them left, probably to spread the news with their pack and The Council but the majority are staying in the guest houses." I nodded at the answer, already expecting that.

"What news?" Karter quiet voice was heard and Alex's head snapped to my mate who had buried himself in my side. 

"Uhh... um.. you see.." His stuttering was making me cringe so I cut him off before he makes Karter more suspicious and worried.

"I told you we'll discuss that when we get home, didn't I?" I looked down at my smalled mate, still not used to the changes in his appearance. He nodded at my word but a pout was resting on his plump lips.

"I'm worried." He whispered sadly. He had just exited the building and our parents got in a car together.

"I told you, no matter what, I'll be by your side. You don't have to worry about anything. We'll face any problem together." I tried to reassure my Omega which worked when he showed me a small smile and nodded.

Alex went ahead of us and opened the car door and situated in the driver's seat after we got in. "The Elders are already at the mansion." He informed and started the car. The trip to my mansion was short and for the ride, I kept my arms around Karter and kissed his head numerous times. He's about to hear unbelievable things about himself but I'll make sure to be there for him. 

When we got to my mansion, we saw numerous cars parked in front. Our parents were ahead of us and had already entered the mansion. Peter, the guard, ran towards us and Alex handed him the car keys so he could park.

Alex and his second in command, Milo, surrounded us as we walked inside the mansion. I could sense that everyone was on edge and that was making my sensing sensitive. I was aware of the ten wolves patrolling our mansion and approximately 12 wolves inside the mansion. My wolf was instinctively making sure that our mate is safe by checking the environment.

As we entered our huge living room, we were met with arguing Elders and our parents. I looked at Karter to see his eyes wide open with fear and anger irked inside of me.

"Enough!" I shouted, irritated that no one sensed our presence, and continued their arguments.

"You have a strong mate Alpha!" Jane, the youngest elder who was just a little older than my dad, spoke in a thrilling voice. She leaped towards us and gripped our arms tightly. "The Goddess has blessed us!" She looked insane with a wild look on her face as her eyes shifted between Karter and me. As she saw the changes in Karter's appearance, her stance became randier.

"He is a curse!" Ronald's cry of hatred was enough to direct our attention to the wolf. "He's a freak! Did anyone understand what he said! He spoke of evil!" My arms gripped around Karter tightly when I felt him shake under the heavy stares.

"Oh shut up. Don't lie and tell me you didn't feel the Moon Goddess' presence today. The Luna is far from evil." Another elder said.

"Look at him! He reeks of evil!" His fat finger pointed at Karter's face and everyone's attention shifted to him. I could feel the fear and confusion through the bond and I knew it was time to tell him the truth about his appearance before I start to defend him.

"Come with me." The sitting area had two huge mirrors and I dragged my stiff mate in front of one. My back was to the mirror and I had my hand on Karter's shoulders. "You remember feeling pain before passing out?" I asked gently and continued after he nodded with wide eyes. "Well, you shifted into a huge white wolf." He opened his mouth to say but stopped himself. "You said some things. In a different tongue." More confusion. "Then you shifted back into your human form with a few changes." Slowly, I moved behind him, allowing him to see himself.

Karter let out a loud gasp and brought his shaky hands to his mouth. "W-what?" He whispered.

"There's nothing to be worried about." I tried my best to reassure him but I knew he wasn't listening. "Hey, we'll figure it out together." I embrace him after seeing that he started to cry.

"There's nothing to figure out! Banish him!" Karter flinched and my blood boiled at that voice.

"Don't you dare talk like that to your Luna!" I don't know what came over me as I took long steps to get to the annoying man. "You say one more stupid comment and there will be no tomorrow for you." I held my head high as my Alpha wolf demanded submission. Even though Ronald was shaking, his head didn't bow. I brought my hand to grip his collar tightly as my eyes changed their color. "You dare challenge me?" I lowly said, bringing my face close to him to let the man see my eyes and what lies inside of them. Ronald audibly gulps and hesitantly bowed his head. 

"Enough, Ivan." I turned my head to my dad and glared heatedly at him. I pushed Ronald away and watched him stumble in the corner of my eyes but my gaze was trained strictly at my father. 

I raised my eyebrow at my father, surprised that he was questioning me at this state. "Are you perhaps agreeing with him, father?" A sneer formed on my face as I walk towards him with slow strides.

"What? No-"  He noticed my challenging gaze as I neared him and stood straight. "What do you think you are doing?" My Dad growled but I ignored the warning and stood so close to him that our chest was almost touching.

"I won't stand still and see people criticize my mate-" I couldn't recognize my voice and this was the sign that Nic was taking control.

"Do you think I'm-"

"I'm not done!" I felt myself slip away and Nicolas take control. Between the anger and concern, I didn't notice Nic was fighting for control. He was pretty pissed by Ronald and dad just had to step in. 

I heard gasps around us and saw my father's face go from confusion to stoic, stern. Not only was I challenging the former Alpha but my father too.

Nicolas

"I don't care if it's you, the Elder, or the Moon Goddess herself. Anyone dare to look at my mate with even just a hint of malice, it will have to go through me before anything touches him." I snared dangerously the moment I felt in complete control. 

I could see my father's eyes struggle to stay the original color as his breathing went fast. But I couldn't care about anything at this moment. I just saw everyone condemn my mate and I saw how it was hurting him. On top of everything, my own father was siding with those scums. Even if I have challenged him for the first time in my life, I will do it.

"Do you think I'll bow down to you, boy?" He dangerously smirked, pressing his tone when he said 'boy' which made me shake with anger. "You really want to do it?" He raised his brows at me with a provoking expression. 

I didn't expect any less from a strong Alpha like him. The way I disrespected and confronted him, he'll not back down without a fight or it will hurt his pride. I know this because I'm the same. 

"Let take this outside." I glowered and backed off to take my clothes. I don't expect him to agree with this so my actions were just to show my dominance.

"Guys stop." I heard papa say from dad's side. "We should concentrate on other matters. Important matters." I saw papa grip dad's arm and tug it but the big man didn't move even a bit.

"If he wants a beating. He'll get a beating." A shiver ran down my spine as he ripped his shirt with his bare hand and took long strides to land behind the mansion.

'Well, shit.' Ivan said. 'Did you really had to do that?' 

'He was siding with him.' I fought back. 'You know we'll win.... right?'

'Oh, Goddess.'

----------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 139K 30
Spencer O'connor. A socially anxious wolf who is scared of everyone. He will only mutter a few words to people he knows. He has to leave his pack whe...
3.8M 159K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
931K 36.4K 45
Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his mate by his side. After seven years of...
559K 20.9K 62
The Sequel to Being Their Omega, A story revolving around Kyle and his three mates. ((This is obviously a harem type story so if you don't like more...