Consequences

נכתב על ידי CourtesyTrefflin

Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywal... עוד

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Future
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 3 - Visions
Chapter 4 - Journey to Cloud City
Chapter 5 - Bespin
Chapter 6 - Vader
Chapter 7 - Escaping
Chapter 8 - From the Past
Chapter 9 - Visions
Chapter 10 - Mustafar
Bonus Chapter - Vader
Chapter 12 - Confirmation
Chapter 13 - Tatooine
Chapter 14 - Rancor
Chapter 15 - Sarlacc Pit Battle
Chapter 16 - Old Friends
Chapter 17 - Endor
Chapter 18 - Speeder Bike Chase
Chapter 19 - Into the Trap
Chapter 20 - Ewoks
Chapter 21 - Confrontation
Chapter 22 - Battle
Chapter 23 - Mission Complete
Chapter 24 - Homecoming
Chapter 25 - Awakening
Chapter 26 - Knighting
Bonus Chapter - Anakin
Chapter 27 - Chaos on Ringo Vinda
Chapter 28 - To the Rescue
Chapter 29 - The Investigation Begins
Chapter 30 - Arrival
Chapter 31 - Discovery
Chapter 32 - Planning
Chapter 33 - Assassination Attempt
Chapter 34 - Crashing
Chapter 35 - Off the Front
Bonus Chapter - Sidious and Plo
Chapter 36 - Duel at Daybreak
Chapter 37 - Into the Underworld
Chapter 38 - Spice Shipments
Chapter 39 - Darth Maul
Chapter 40 - The Battle of Mandalore Begins
Chapter 41 - The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 42 - Captured
Chapter 43 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 44 - A Promise Unbroken
Chapter 45 - Aftermath
Epilogue

Chapter 11 - The Rebel Alliance

388 10 0
נכתב על ידי CourtesyTrefflin

We've arrived at the Rebel Alliance base – which for now is just a cruiser floating around in space until they find a better option. I stand in the medbay next to Luke's bed as medical droid works on replacing his hand. Leia is nearby. Artoo and Threepio are standing by the large viewport in the room, looking out into space at the other Rebel fighters flying about.

"Luke, we're ready for takeoff," Lando's voice comes through the commlink in Luke's other hand. Chewbacca and Lando are leaving for Tatooine on the Falcon to go in search of Han.

"Good luck, Lando," replies Luke.

"When we find Jabba the Hutt and that bounty hunter, we'll contact you," Lando informs him. I still wonder exactly what happened to Boba during that the past twenty years. Not that it's as important as everything else, but I really find it sad how someone like the child I met so many years ago could have become someone like the person we know now.

"I'll meet you at the rendezvous point on Tatooine," Luke tells him.

"Princess, we'll find Han, I promise," he assures Leia who smiles in response.

"Chewie, I'll be waiting for you signal," Luke informs him. The Wookie grows a response.

"Take care, you two," cautions Luke.

"May the Force be with you," I add before the call disconnects and Luke sets the commlink down.

I glance over at the medical droid as it begins pricking the fingers on Luke's new hand. It looks real, unlike Anakin's mechanical arm back from my time. Technology has certainly advanced a lot during these past twenty years. At least that's one good thing. Maybe someday he'll be able to get an arm that looks more real also. With his hand replacement finally complete, Luke slides off the bed and walks over to Leia, who has moved to stand by the viewport.

As I watch them, I'm again reminded of my suspicion. Leia looks so much like Padme, it's just eerie. I can't help but wonder if perhaps they're actually twins. It doesn't sound likely, but then again, everything I've found out is also next to impossible. I'm guessing even if they're not, Leia's closely related to Padme in some other way. I haven't had a chance to talk to Leia much about her past, and besides, I know it's going to be a painful topic for her, but I'll try sometime to see if I can figure it out.

A tinge of sadness hits me as I realize that Padme's gone too. The last time I saw her was at my trial, when she was the only person willing to stand up against the entire Senate, struggling to prove my innocence. Just like so many others, she definitely didn't deserve her death. Maybe... maybe I'll be able to change everything. I can only hope.

Luke wraps an arm around Leia as I come to join the others at the viewport. Artoo and Threepio stand beside me. The Falcon suddenly flies into view before turning about and zooming off into space before disappearing from sight. Before long, they'll be gone into hyperspace.

Silence hangs in the room for many long moments as we watch the ships flying outside. Finally, Leia breaks it.

"It's probably time for us to head to that meeting with the Rebel Alliance leaders," she remarks. Right. They wanted to meet me after Leia informed them of my presence, but she's leaving it up to me to explain to them that I'm not the Ahsoka Tano they're expecting. At least she's given them a warning.

"I'll come with you," offers Luke.

He and I have already discussed his training and decided that we aren't going to return to Dagobah until this whole situation with Han is taken care of. While I'm anxious to have a talk with Yoda, and Obi-Wan, for that matter, it will have to wait for now. In the meantime, I'll continue training Luke. How ironic. I'll technically have a padawan even though I'm still a padawan. Well, was before I was thrown out of the Order. The only question will be lightsabers. We're going to have to make new ones as soon as possible. Luke needs to be much more skilled with his lightsaber before we can do anything about Han, and he needs to be practicing now. Especially since there's no way to know what else will happen before I go home.

The fact that I'm training him will also mean I'll be able to spend plenty of time around him... and help him deal with the discovery. It's certainly brought us a lot closer. I think he sees me as the only one who really understands how he's feeling right now – which I suppose is true. He's the only one could understand my feelings too, of those that are left alive, anyway. In some ways, Anakin was just as much a father to me as a brother.

Luke and I haven't had another chance to talk alone about everything since our brief conversation this morning. We're both still struggling with the truth, but I'm trying to keep my mind on other things, so it won't overwhelm me again. I need some time to meditate on everything, maybe after the meeting. Maybe I should start by meditating on being a Grey Jedi, and then the long list of other stuff I need to think over. After that, I need to have a big long talk with Luke to try to make him feel better and find his balance.

Leia leads the way through the rebel cruiser to the meeting room while I prepare myself for their surprise and disbelief. Considering the circumstances, they'll probably be more shocked than I was when I first came here.

Several people are sitting in the room waiting for us as we enter. My eyes scan over them, to see if I recognize anyone. Only one looks familiar, and even though she looks much older than when I last saw her, I still definitely know who she is. Mon Mothma.

"We're here," announces Leia as we take seats.

"So, she is the one who claims to be Ahsoka Tano?" inquires one of the people I don't recognize.

"Yes," confirms Leia. All eyes focus on me, making me feel rather uncomfortable. This is already an awkward situation without having to be the center of attention. I do my best to maintain a sense of calm as I deal with the situation.

"How can you be her when you're only like half the age she is?" questions Mothma.

This will not at all be easy to explain to a bunch of politicians and soldiers, especially not when the Jedi have been gone for two decades. Bracing myself for reactions of disbelief, I just get to the point. "The Force brought me here. I'm from the past."

They all gape at me with varying degrees of disbelief and suspicion. "I'm afraid I just can't believe that," replies one of them.

"It's the truth," Luke speaks up for me, "She appeared on the planet I was on with Master Yoda. There's no other way she could have gotten there. Besides, he would have known if there was something suspicious about her that we needed to worry about."

None of them look much more convinced than before. "Time travel is impossible," states another one of them flatly.

"I know it's hard to believe and sounds completely far-fetched. I didn't believe it was possible either, but anything is possible with the Force," I reply.

"It's clear the Force transported her there because there's no other way she could have been there. That planet is uninhabited," Luke points out, "And besides, Chewbacca and Artoo were able to confirm it as well."

"It's impossible," insists the first one again. Most of the others murmur their agreement. Oh great. They don't believe me at all.

"I must say that I am inclined to agree with Commander Skywalker, as hard to believe as this all is," Mothma speaks up finally. I'm grateful that at least someone believes me. Alhough, I shouldn't find it too surprising that she does, considering that I'm sure she had many dealings with the Jedi when she was still a Senator.

"Seriously, this is pushing things a little too far, Mothma," objects the other.

"There's no other explanation for it," Luke argues.

"Could we perhaps do something more productive than debate over whether or not I am Ahsoka?" I sigh finally, tiring of the argument. It's pointless anyway. Those who firmly believe that it's impossible aren't going to change their minds no matter what, so we probably should just move on. "Perhaps you can do a DNA test if you must."

"I can call in a medical droid to do it," offers Leia. The others murmur their agreement. She leaves the room, returning a little later with a droid in tow. "Please perform a DNA identification test on her," she instructs the droid.

It approaches me. "Your hand please," it requests. I hold out a hand, impatient to get this over with already. It withdraws some blood before beginning to perform its analysis.

Many long moments tick by before the droid begins to speak, sounding about as confused as a machine can. "The results do not make sense. Her DNA has an exact match to someone with the name of Ahsoka Tano, who is much older than her." Thankfully, it doesn't dare suggest I might be a clone.

Most everyone in the room stare at each other in shock. With the evidence right in front of them, there's no way they can deny it anymore.

"So now that we have confirmed my identity," I declare, turning back to everyone and cutting off the droid's continued protests, "For as long as I'm here, I offer to help the Rebel Alliance, but I need to stay with Luke to continue his Jedi training."

"We are grateful for your help. What time period are you from?" inquires Mothma,

"Near the end of the Clone Wars," I answer, shifting uncomfortably as I'm reminded once more of what was happening when I came here. It's something I really prefer not to think about.

"So, I'm assuming that Luke has caught you up on everything about the Empire?" I nod in confirmation. Everyone else seems too shocked to speak.

Mothma glances around the room. "Unless anyone has any other comments, this meeting is adjourned." No one speaks. We're finally dismissed and exit the room.

"Maybe we should do a bit of training now," I suggest turning to Luke. Plus, maybe we can have a talk if he's in the mood for it.

"Sure," he agrees. And perhaps we should start with a class that has to do with mediation. I'm no great fan of it, but with everything that's happened over the past several days, I think that would really do both of us a lot of good.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

50.6K 974 78
there have been millions of AUs and I've read them. I hope mine is up to par. Luke Skywalker now 26 travels the galaxy with his sister, Leia Organa a...
10.5K 275 20
When Luke Skywalker is sent to the past, he ends up in the middle of the last skirmish before the Battle of Coruscant. He is fast running out of time...
56.8K 2.8K 86
Instead of leaving the Jedi Order, Ahsoka stays and is present for the fallout of her master's fall to the dark side, the fall of the Jedi Order, and...
29.4K 936 20
The chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, was found by the Sith before the Jedi. Now as war rages between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Gala...