☁️overcast☁️

By punchawall

a crossover where (y/n), a demon slayer, ends up protecting the karasuno volleyball team. oyakata sent the up... More

1 - sidewalk
2 - transfer student
3 - meet the crows
4 - decisions
5 - welcome to the team!
6 - the great king
7 - townsperson b
8 - finals
9 - tokyo!
10 - number three
11 - casual strolls
12 - tokyo love hotel
13 - goodbyes
14 - rooftop
15 - flowers
16 - ups and downs
17 - sun
19 - heartache
20 - eye can't believe it
v day special #1 - the moms
v day special # 2 - samurai
21 - eral
22 - run, for fun!

18 - time is running out

3.8K 205 106
By punchawall

a/n - hi! fair warning, i don't entirely remember the tournament matches so i may have switched them up a bit :)

(y/n)'s pov

"you know... you could fall from the sky, or fall from a tree, but the best way to fall, is in love with me." the volleyball player tilted up my chin, smirking and locking eyes with me at the same time.

a grin spread on my face, laughing slightly at the same time. "that's a good one!" i lightly took his hand from my chin and held it between us, "terushima yuuji, correct?"

with my recognition, the party captain beamed with pride, "yeah! you could call me teru... or you could call me tonight."

another laugh escaped my lips before i was suddenly pulled to the side, away from the flirtatious captain. "stay away from our analyst, terushima!!!!"

"yeah!! back off, dude!!"

"calm down you two..."

the second years had all somehow found me, the loud duo immediately jumping into action. they... growled at the blond, asserting their dominance? i went inbetween them both, putting a hand on each of their shoulders, "guys? calm down a bit! i was just chatting with teru, no big deal."

almost automatically, they melted into a lovestruck mood, completely forgetting the johzenji player they had just faced. "(y-y/n) just touched our shoulders!!!!"

used to their usual reactions, i smiled at them and turned my attention to the captain, "i have to go with them for our next game, but maybe i'll see you around?"

not missing a beat he grinned at me with a pink haze on his cheeks, "definitely. have a great day (y/n)~!"

i turned to the second year crows behind me, clapping my hands with a determined smile, "let's go! you boys have an hour before your next match and need to refuel your energy! i made some food for you all of you'd like it..."

they nodded enthusiastically, and i giggled a bit as we headed back to the rest of the team who was waiting in the stands and watching other matches.

time skip brought to you by akaashi and bokuto💘

"we're in the finals!!!!!!"
"let's go baybeeeeee!!!!"
"we did it!!!"
"we're coming for you shiratorizawa!!!"

the team was estatic, practically jumping up and down with excitement from winning the final point, securing their win.

a matching grin found its way onto my face, faltering slightly as i saw the heartbroken gazes of aoba johsai on the other side of the net.

i caught the team's attention, "okay okay! line up crows for our thank you!"

they turned to me with their own broad smiles before lining up at the back court line. "thank you for the match!!" the two teams said in unison, the clapping of the audience in the background.

we headed over to the stands and quickly thanked those who were cheering for us before gathering our things and heading off of the court. i grabbed my bag and my wrapped sword, slinging it onto my bag as that bad feeling started to come back.

i'm probably just nervous for tomorrow, right?

the team had twenty minutes before we all had to meet up on the bus and i strayed away from the group for a bit. walking through the halls, i bumped into someone i was looking for. "kunimi! kindaichi! are you guys okay?"

looking at me, the first years looked a bit sad but shrugged in response. "as you would expect, i guess."

frowning slightly, i quickly pulled them both into a group hug, "don't get in your head about it. take the loss and use it as motivation to train harder for next year! you both have a lot of potential, don't forget that." i pulled back and gave them both a warm smile, receiving slightly flustered faces and mumbled thank you's in return. "sorry to ruin the moment, but do either of you know where iwaizumi or oikawa are?"

kindaichi glanced behind him, "i think they're in the waiting room right now, getting the rest of their stuff. just down the hall and take a left, the first door on your right."

starting to walk where he directed, i grinned at the two and waved, "perfect. thanks you two!!"

i headed down the hall and took a left, as he told me. as i turned the hall, i bumped into the ace who i was looking for. "iwaizumi! how are you holding up?"

the ravenette looked toward the waiting room door and then back at me, "a lot better than he is. could you comfort him for me? he refuses to let me in and thinks that i don't know what he's dealing with."

seeing me nod in response, he laid a hand on my shoulder before he started walking off the same way that the other two players were headed in.

taking a deep breath, i gently knocked on the door.

"iwa chan.... i'm fine, i'll be out in a second."

ignoring his words, i opened the door and let myself in, closing it behind me as i saw the setter sitting down with his face in his palms.

he didn't notice me enter, or ignored it if he did.

i squatted in front of the boy, carefully pulling his hands away from his face. his eyes widened as they met mine, quickly pulling away and wiping his cheeks.

"(y-y/n)! w-what are you doing here?" he stammered, turning away out of embarrassment with a slightly reddened face.

i moved to sit beside him, on the opposite side that he was facing, "hey. i came to check on you before i had to go. how are you?"

the captain was still wary of me, "i'm fine!! i just wasn't good enough, but that's okay!"

his wording caused a small pout to form on my face, "you weren't good enough? you're fine?" i sighed as i placed my bag beside me and slid off my sword, "it's okay to say you aren't okay. i won't judge you, and it's a lot better than holding everything in until you explode."

"i'm fine!!! i promise (y/n). why aren't you out celebrating with the rest of karasuno?" his voice was much more serious than usual, completely missing his usual extra charm and enthusiasm.

"because. i care about you too, oikawa. you don't have to tell me everything right now, just know that i'm here for you." i carefully took his hand and held it in mine, looking forward at the same time.

that was all it took for the boy's walls to crumble.

he brought me into a tight embrace, shaking a bit as tears spilled from his face, "you're right. you're right. i'm not okay. this was our last chance and i blew it. it's all my fault!!! i wasn't a good enough captain, i wasn't a good enough setter, i wasn't good enough to win!!!"

the boy kept venting as i listened, rubbing his back in a soothing manner to try to calm him down a bit.

once his breathing slowed and he stopped shaking, i quietly spoke, "it isn't your fault that seijoh lost. dont place all of the blame on yourself. i know for a fact that your team respects and cares for you, and would never want you to think any of those things. it's okay to lose! the only way you can learn is from losing, and that makes you stronger. thank you for telling me everything, i hope you feel a bit better, but i think your team is waiting for their strong captain on their bus, aren't they?"

he sniffled a bit before nodding, pulling back and gathering his things as i did the same. "thank you (y/n)..."

i gave him a warm smile, "of course! now don't you dare keep all of that in again or else~"

as i put the sword back on my back, the brunette shivered, "wow (y/n) chan, you can be really scary when you try."

giggling, i interlocked arms with him, "awwww. let's go before they leave us behind!!"

we headed out of the hallways toward the front of the tournament building, going our separate ways as our paths diverged with a tight hug.

i ran toward karasuno's bus and quickly took my seat next to sugawara, right next to the window. on the drive back, i opened up the window to get some fresh air into the bus, also changing into my black and white haori on top of my demon slayer uniform i switched into after the final match.

sugawara wasn't asleep, instead reading a book he was assigned for homework as i watched the sunset through the window.

as time passed by, that sinking feeling in my stomach only felt deeper, causing me to grip onto my wrapped sword tightly as i tried to distract myself with the beautiful sunset that reflected upon the clouds.

it didn't work that well.

the familiar black crow had flown in through my open window and landed on my sword, cawing at me in a frantic manner that only i would notice.

unfortunately, the rest of the team obviously noticed this animal randomly enter a moving bus and come right by me.

the grey haired setter was scared, jumping back and standing up, "(y/n)???? why is there a bird? don't move! i'll help you get it out!!!"

hinata joined in from in front of me, "oh my gOD A CROW WHAT THE HECK?!?!"

kageyama looked a bit terrified, obviously woken up from his nap as he turned around to see the scene.

i ignored the boys, looking at kenji, who was worriedly starting to unwrap my sword as another crow had just flown in and landed on my arm. this bird had a symbol that i had only seen once before, used exclusively by the oyakata family in times of emergency.

this had to be bad.

by now, the entire team was awake and yelling, the two adults at the front also slightly beginning to panic.

a few boys tried to wave away the birds who jumped away from their arms and landed back by me, obviously annoyed at the attempts.

my heart was pounding as my thoughts raced in my head. what's going on? something isn't right, and that's clear.

i fully unwrapped my sword to reveal my blade in its sheath to practically the entire team.

the bus was still moving, in the middle of a street as i yelled at takeda, who was driving. "stop the bus!!!"

he looked in the mirror, obviously confused and not wanting to break the law. "(y/n)? what's going on?"

there wasn't time to explain, i moved toward the front of the bus with concern and my own internal panic, "i know!! but you need to stop right now, or i'll just jump out on my own!"

hearing my ultimatum, the teacher slowed the bus to a stop, putting on his hazard lights and watching me with concern.

the rest of the team wasn't having as much of a goof time either.
"(y/n)? stop!! where are you going?"
"is that a real sword???!??"
"why are there bIrDS?!?!?"
"that's not safe!!"

i blocked them out, simply yelling a quick, "i'll explain later!" as i jumped out of the bus. the two crows quickly went into the air as i ran behind them, vanishing from the bus' sight in a few moments.

together, the two crows flew closer to me as we ran to explain the situation, "muzan and the upper demons attacked oyakata sama's estate! everyone is fighting inside!"

tying the sheathed sword to my waist, i frowned a bit. "how are we holding up?"

somehow, the bird seemed hesitant to actually tell me anything, "well... most of the hashiras are with someone else and currently facing off with one of the upper demons. it's not an easy fight."

i glanced at the bird as we rounded a corner and were getting closer to the oyakata estate, "is oyakata sama and the family okay?"

this seemed to be the main point that the crow was avoiding, "..."

a huge structure laid before me, completely enveloping the headquarters that i was used to, "tell me."

"o-oyakata sama and half of the family s-sacrificed themselves. they knew ahead of time..."

i slid to a stop, looking at the huge structure infront of me as my heart clenched with pain.

he's gone.

they're gone.

forever.

just then, the structure collapsed with a ground shaking movement, creating ruins throughout the entire area.

pushing aside my emotions and the dulling throb of my heart, i started to walk through the rubble with my sword unsheathed, "lead the way. and... good luck kirya."

with a final glance at the paper which the boy would be looking through, we rushed through the area towards the final boss.

muzan kitbutsuji.

the king of all demons.

word count - 2170
a/n - r yall ready for next chapter? cause i'm not LMAOO LETS GO it may take longer than my recent uploads bc big fight! stay safe! hydrate! sleep! go outside (safelyyyy)
-nova✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
40K 360 17
Taking Requests Some: smut fluff Angst Disclaimers: None of these one shot story are linking with the actual story line. I...
1M 22.7K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...
12.6K 612 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...