𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ━ 𝐭𝐰𝐝...

By weirdzilla

ᴅᴇᴄɪᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ (ɴ.) - ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʟᴀʀɢᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ the walking dead by telltale |... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑!!
𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈.
[ 001 ]
[ 002 ]
[ 003 ]
[ 004 ]
[ 005 ]
[ 006 ]
[ 007 ]
[ 008 ]
[ 009 ]
[ 010 ]
[ 011 ]
[ 012 ]
[ 013 ]
[ 014 ]
[ 015 ]
[ 016 ]
[ 017 ]
[ 018 ]
[ 019 ]
[ 020 ]
[ 021 ]
[ 022 ]
[ 023 ]
[ 024 ]
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈.
[ 025 ]
[ 026 ]
[ 027 ]
[ 028 ]
[ 029 ]
[ 030 ]
[ 032 ]
[ 033 ]
[ 034 ]
[ 035 ]
[ 036 ]
[ 037 ]
[ 038 ]
[ 039 ]
[ 040 ]
[ 041 ]
[ 042 ]
[ 043 ]
[ 044 ]
[ 045 ]
[ 046 ]
[ 047 ]
[ 048 ]
[ 049 ]
[ 050 ]
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈.
[ 051 ]

[ 031 ]

323 12 3
By weirdzilla

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ a house divided; part three ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Now," Luke said, as they walked through the woods, pointing ahead of them. "You said he was right over here?"

The area seemed familiar to Clementine, but nighttime always looked different than day. "Yeah, just a little ways."

"Hey, Clem, Kass..." Their name being called made them look toward their left, watching as Rebecca walked up to them. "Sorry if gave you some shit back there. I'm just a little on edge. I still don't like what you did, sneakin' around on us and taking advantage of my husband. But I know you were both in a tough spot. I'll try to cut you some slack."

"Why's Carver after you?" Kassidy asked, breaking Clem out of her thoughts.

"After me?" She questioned. "Oh, you mean, after us. Well, he has a hard time letting go."

"I have a hard time letting go. I don't act like he does," Kass shrugged.

Clementine frowned. No, but... She could sometimes feel the heat too much, burning herself and others around her. There were a few sides to Kass. Her normal, caring self whom Clementine loved and there was the part of Kass when she was silent, no emotions, just cold. Then... the part of her that didn't think, who only saw and tried to kill whatever the problem was, to keep herself or others safe. Both were scary, but she still loved all sides of her, even if it was hard.

"We can handle it," Clementine looked up at her. "We're not little kids."

She was silent for a moment. "I know you did your best back there. You know none of us would make it on our own. Sometimes it's hard knowing just how depended am on everybody. I'm not used to that. I'm not comfortable with that. I'm supposed to be a mom soon. Guess I need to work on my patience."

"Cut yourself some slack," Kassidy huffed, giving in. "You're making a whole ass human. Doubt any of the guys could do it."

Rebecca laughed, "I guess you're right. Alvin and I still don't know what to call her. Or him, if that man get's his wish, God help me. Any ideas?"

"Girls?" Rebecca asked after silence.

Kassidy who had tried to answer, realized that she was being dragged, turning to Clementine who walked off the side of the path and through the trees.

They came upon a delivery truck, the back doors slightly open. The words 'RED & GOLD'  were written on the side, dead walkers surrounding it.

"There," Clem said. "That's where we were."

Oliver ran toward the truck as Kass pulled out her gun. "He's not in here!" He exclaimed, looking in the back.

"This was the last place I saw him," Clem answered, looking around.

Alvin shrugged. "Maybe he's around here, somewhere."

"Keep your eyes open," Carlos said as everyone began looking around. "And stay in sight."

Kass spotted a trail of blood leading to behind a rock. She gripped her gun in her hands and followed it, a sense of dread filling her. She turned and looked behind the rock, and just managed to stop herself from puking. There, Pete lay, guts spilling out of his stomach, a dead walker beside him.

Kassidy saw the others walking over and held up her hand, stomach turning. "Don't come over," she said. "He's gone."

"What?" Oliver asked, eyes wide. "What the hell happened?" He went to walk over, but Luke stopped him.

"It's not a pretty sight, Ollie," she said. Then she noticed the bullet hole in his head. "He's been shot."

"He didn't have a gun," Clem spoke. "Who did it?"

Luke pulled Oliver into a hug.

"We need to go," Carlos looked around nervously.

They all left the clearing, Oliver and Luke taking a moment, the latter one holding the younger boy to his chest as he cried.

Luke sighed, turning toward the group again, facing Kassidy. "Now. Where was Nick?"

━━━━━━━━━━

As they broke through the foliage, Kass realized that it was the place. "There. That where we were..." she pointed, seeing how there was only one walker standing and the rest were dead on the ground.

Luke walked up and used his machete on the roaming walker, stabbing it in it's head.

The two girls and Oliver rushed to the front of the shack, with Luke killing another walker that was on the door. "Nick?" He called out.

Kassidy sighed, hoping that Nick wasn't dead in there, remembering how drunk he had been. "Open the door."

Listening, Kass pulled her gun out as she opened the door. Slowly she peaked inside, seeing a huge mess. Shelves where knocked down, more glass was ruined and there laid a limp body. "Nick?"

"Hey man...you got any aspirin." Kass looked at Nick, who lifted himself off the ground, holding his head.

"Nick, you asshole!" Oliver exclaimed, walking over with Luke, hugging his brother and friend.

The group soon moved out, making their way away from the gruesome scene.

"Hey, Kass..." she turned, seeing Nick smile softly. "I just wanted to say thanks for not giving up on me." He turned to Clem, "Tell me... Tell me how it happened."

"The last thing he said was that he wanted to say goodbye to you," Clementine said.

"Fuck..."

"I'm sorry about Pete," Kassidy added, wanting to help. Instead Nick just nodded sadly, dwindling in the back of the group, Oliver at his side.

"What happened back there in that cellar?" Luke asked, looking over at Kass. "Did he do something stupid?" Thinking, she had heard a lot from him, but what seemed more important?

"He wanted to die... And he got drunk," she responded, shrugging when Clem looked back at her.

"Dammit," he cursed. "I'm worried about that kid. Keep an eye on him for me, will ya? Oliver too." Luke looked from Kass to Clem. "You two sure you still want to come with us? Look, I know we got off to rough start, and I can't promise things won't get rougher. But we all know you now. We may not be perfect, but we all look out for each other."

"Yeah, we're with you," Clem smiled at him.

"And we are glad to have you both," Luke smiled.

"Sure about that?" Kass had sarcastically asked, deadpanning.

"Well, they'll get there," he assured them, smiling back down at the two.

"I have to look for Christa," Kassidy spoke up, shuffling her feet.

"She was headed north, right?"

"Yeah."

"So are we. Look, you have a better chance of finding her with us than on your own." He pulled a map out of his pocket. "I figure we have about four or five days to reach those mountains. Now, if they're tracking us, we should be able to loose them up there."

"Five days?" Rebecca's eyes widened.

Alvin put a hand on her shoulder. "It's gonna be okay, Bec."

"We have to keep moving now," Carlos said from the front. "We have no choice."

━━━━━━━━━━

They group been on the run from Carver for days on end and it had been rather calm.

Though Kass enjoyed the thought of having people watch her back, she found it rather annoying, too. She knew they had to keep an eye on Nick, though. He'd lost Pete, which was heart-breaking, and Kass knew the kind of pain he was in.

Oliver and Luke are alright. They listened to Kass and Clem, even if everyone else ignored them. Although Oliver seemed to have gained a small schoolboy crush on Kass, the girl was completely oblivious to it.

When they finally reached the edge of the mountains, five days had passed. Kass noticed that the group were rather unexperienced. Not that they were dumb and going to get killed, but there were things that were second nature to Kassidy that they just didn't do– or notice.

The came upon a long, red, metal bridge, that lead across a large chasm, water rushing far below.

Luke pulled out his map as everyone sat down, taking a break.

Clementine climbed up onto a rather large rock, laying down and pulling out her binoculars, looking across the chasm.

"See anything?" Luke asked her.

"She better see something. We've been walking for a damn week," Alvin sighed.

"There's a building, on the mountain," she said. "It's big."

"Seems like a good place to spend the night," Luke said.

Clem handed the binoculars to Kassidy, who looked at the large building, looming over the pine trees, far from the bridge.

"I think it's a ski lodge," she said. "It's got one of those lift things that you sit on."

"Right, a chair lift," Luke looked down at his map. "Yeah, I'd say you're right. There's a ski resort up there."

"I've never been skiing," Clem said sadly.

Alvin smiled. "Bec and I went once."

Rebecca laughed. "It wasn't pretty."

"I can see the bridge," Clementine spoke up.

"Does the bridge look okay from here?"

Luna nodded as she looked through the binoculars. "It doesn't look too damaged. Or blocked. I think it's passable."

"There's a little house by the bridge."

"How big is it?" Carlos asked.

"It's pretty small," Clem hopped off of the rock and landed next to Kass as they walked back to the others.

"We have to cross that bridge. Let's go" Carlos ordered.

"Now wait a minute. If we all go sprinting across that thing, we can get spotted and be trapped" Luke said.

"Going around that lake will take too long," Carlos shook his head.

"Right, but look, we've got no idea who's out there. Okay, I'm going to sneak across and make sure it's clear before we bring the whole group over."

"You think splitting up the group is a good idea?"

"Well, I didn't say it was a good idea. It's definitely better than risking everyone at once."

"So what's your plan?" Alvin asked.

"Me, Ollie, Kass, and Clem can scoot across low and slow and make sure nobody's waiting for us on the other side."

"We'll have a tough time covering you from back here," Alvin said.

"Well, we'll just turn back if it gets hairy."

"Oliver, Clementine, and Kassidy should stay here, they're..."

"They're what Carlos?" Luke said with a slight snip.

"They're just little kids Luke," Carlos said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"We can do it," Clem cut in sternly.

"I'm 15. That hardly qualifies as a little kid Carlos," Kass added.  "And you know I can 100% handle myself, Carlos," she huffed and stood near Luke who smiled.

"See? No problem. It's going to be fine. Okay? I will signal you guys in 10 minutes. Just watch for light at the far side."

"I can go too," Nick said, standing up.

"You stay with the group."

"I'm fine, Luke."

"I don't like this," Carlos said, pointing his finger.

"Yeah, well, when's the last time you like anything, Carlos?" Luke sassed.

"If something happens, I'll cover you," Nick argued.

"We'll be fine Nick," Oliver reassured.

"Come on..." Luke said as they walked ahead. "Hey, uh, sorry about that. I could just really use your eyes, and, well, to be honest I don't trust Nick to tie his own shoes at the moment. Everyone's just still on edge with the whole Carver thing."

"It's been five days," Kass started. "You seriously think he's following us?"

Luke was quiet for a moment. "What's the most important thing in this world? What does everyone want? Even the gangs, what do you think they're all after?"

"A family, I guess. I mean, it's the only thing that makes surviving worth it, really, is surviving for others."

"It's a tough world out there without people you can trust," he smiled.

"We know," Clementine muttered softly, grabbing a hold of Kassidy's hand.

Luke sighed, "Anyway, you can... you can ask Rebecca, okay? I'm not about to get in the middle of it. We've all made mistakes. Done things we regret. It's not my place to talk about someone else's past."

"Seems like you already are in the middle of it," Kass quipped.

"Yeah, I guess so."

They reached the bridge, two walkers were standing there, seeming not to have noticed them. Well, one was standing there. The other was missing its legs. They killed the walkers before making their way onto the bridge.

A walker attacked Luke as he fell through the floor of the bridge, "Luke!" Oliver yelled.

"I'm fine! Just... Just find something for me to climb back up in fast!" Luke exclaimed.

Clem and Kass looked around for something before Oliver saw a rebar frame and dropped it onto the two support beams so Luke could climb up.

"Thanks! Look out!" As Luke said that a walker was approaching. Oliver grabbed the machete and swung it at the walkers leg.

Luke quickly hoisted himself up onto the bridge and helped the three of them. "Thanks, kids," he said, gratefully. They started walking before he put a hand out in front of them when he saw someone approaching.

"You see him?" He pointed out.

"Yeah," they replied.

"Just play it cool... And you do the talking," he added.

"What!? Why us?" Clem exclaimed.

"We're kids Clem," Oliver guessed, shrugging.

"You'd really think he'd shoot two little girls and a little boy?" Luke asked.

"I'd shoot me," Kass responded as Clem cocked a brow.

"Well, not everyone's as cold as you, then."

"Well, who are you?"

"Who's asking?" Luke replied, making Kass look at him and then at the stranger. Of course the kids had to be the negotiator.

"I am."

"What do you want?" Oliver asked as Kassidy glared and rocked on her heels.

"Saw you coming and I thought I'd meet you halfway," he said before walking toward them. "Huh. You don't look like assholes? Are you assholes?"

"I'm not an asshole," Clementine and Oliver replied in unison with Kassidy muttering a, "Maybe..."

"Are you calling me an asshole?" Luke asked, smiling down at the kids.

The man laughed and walked a few feet in front of them, smiling. "Fair enough. You folks headed north like everyone else?"

"Everyone else?" Luke questioned.

"I see at least one group a day move through there."

"Have you seen someone named Christa?" Kassidy asked, having to.

"Christa?" he asked, shrugging, "Maybe."

"Really?!" Clementine exclaimed, eyes wide and shocked.

"No, I mean a lot of people go through here. I don't know." Her face falls flat, sad that Christa was really gone.

"I gotta say, you four look like shit. If you need food got some canned stuff at the station back there," he gestured behind himself, a gentle smile on his face.

"Well, that's, uh... Awful nice of ya. What's the catch?" Luke asked.

"No catch. I've got plenty."

"Well, all right. Thank you."

"Hey, no problem," the man smiled. "Nice running into friendly faces out here. Like I said got food and supplies back at the station. And if you want..." He slowly stopped and looked behind them, confused and surprised. "What the fuck, man!" They turned around to see Nick running over with his rifle.

"What the hell is he doing?" Luke seemed taken aback as Nick raised his gun. "No, no, no. He's-he's with us! Nick! No!"

"Nick, stop!" Oliver yelled.

"Don't shoo-" Suddenly Luke grabbed the kids, shoving them down, a gunshot ringing thought the air.

Kassidy's eyes widen at the noise, ears ringing. They looked up, still on the ground, to see the man, trying to steady his gun at Nick, blood squirting from his neck. He stumbled, struggling to stay on his feet before he toppled over the edge of the bridge.

Kassidy jumped up, trying to grab him before he fell, but it was too late. She heard a splash, and looked down to see nothing but the rushing water and red.

"Did it hit him?" Nick exclaimed, jogging over to them. "Where is he?"

"What the hell, Nick!?" Oliver exclaimed, eyes wide.

"I told you not to shoot!" Luke tells him.

"What? Who was that guy?"

"Why didn't you wait for a signal?"

"He was going to help us, Nick!" Kass snarled, Oliver placing a hand on her back. "And God knows you all need help!"

"How do you know?" Nick snapped angrily.

"Dammit, Nick! We told you not to shoot!" Luke exclaimed.

"How was I supposed to hear you? You gave me a clear shot!" Nick defended himself.

"Well, we best get moving," Kass snapped angrily. "That shot rang out for miles, and we need to be out of here before the walkers or your buddy Carver show up."

They continued down the bridge, seeing the rest of the group on their way already. It only took them a few minutes to reach the station. It was a small, old styled house with woods surrounding it.

Rebecca sat down on a log, panting, "Who the fuck was that back there?"

"I don't know," Luke answered with a sigh.

"Looked like he had a gun on you," Alvin said.

"That asshole drew on me!" Nick exclaimed angrily. "He was going to shoot."

"Oh was he?"

"I'm telling you, man. He drew first."

Alvin turned to the kids, "What did you see, Ollie, Kass, Clem? Was he gonna shoot?"

"Fuck you, Luke!" Nick said. "You've been on my case all week!"

"And why do you think that is, Nick?" Luke glared at him.

"Because you're an asshole!"

Clem shook her head, "No! He wasn't gonna do anything!"

"That guy wasn't going to do anything," Kassidy scoffed. "He just wanted to give us good."

"He was gonna shoot," Oliver bowed his head, not wanting to go against his brother.

Nick smirked over at him, "See? I told you, asshole. What was I supposed to do?"

"He wasn't going to do anything."

"I know what I saw-"

"Are you still drunk?" Kassidy asked looking over at him, annoyed. "You were the one who drew and shot first! You could've hurt us! You dumbass!"

"I agree with Kass," Luke shook his head.  "Either way," he said firmly, "You could've hit one of us."

Nick snapped, "Well I didn't!"

"Look," Luke sighed. "I know Pete was close to you, Nick, but you can't-"

"Don't fucking talk about him!"

"Okay, Luke. That has nothing to fucking do with this," Oliver hissed and Luke looked at him guiltily.

"Do you think he was with Carver?" Carlos spoke for the first time since they got there.

"I don't know! I-" Luke lowered his voice. "No, I don't think so. But he fell over."

"He fell off the damn bridge?!" Alvin exclaimed.

Carlos sighed, "We need to get moving."

"I can't." Kass looked over towards Rebecca as she sat, looking exhausted. "I need a minute."

"Fine," Carlos sighed. "Let's rest up a second. Luke, can I have a word with you? Alone." It didn't sound bad to Kassidy, she wanted to cool down before she snapped at Nick again. Everyone separated, calming down.

"Hey girls, you got anything to eat? Bec's dying over here," Alvin asked, concerned for his wife.

"Alvin, I told you, I'm fine."

"Sorry," Kass said for her and Clem. "We're out."

"Me, too," Oliver frowned. "I'll keep an eye out for something, though. Apparently there's stuff in the station."

"Mind checking it out?" Alvin asked. "Maybe we could spent the night here. Little small, though."

"You could use a little downsizing," Rebecca said.

"You're one to talk."

"I'll check it out," Kassidy responded, turning towards the station as Alvin sat beside Rebecca.

"Thanks, Kass."

"I'll go, too," Clem said, following her.

Clem and Kass walked over to the train station. Nick and Oliver had been sitting outside. Clem smiled and turned to Kass, "Give this to Nick." It was Pete's watch. She smiled at her before handing Nick his uncle's watch.

The brothers stared up at them with widened eyes. "Thank you, kid..." Nick spoke.

"Of course, Nick," she nodded with a sad smile.

Oliver stared at the watch with sad eyes as Nick seemed to notice this and handed his brother the watch, "You were closer to Uncle Pete, here."

The younger brother just shook his head, "Nick-"

"Take it," he said and the boy slowly took the watch before glancing up at his brother. He hugged him tightly and Nick stiffened before hugging him back.

The two of them made their way into the station. It was small, only a single room. There was an empty fireplace that looked unused on the far wall, and a cot in the centre. A table ran alone the right wall, where a few empty cans sat, and a locked chest sat by the window, another few empty cans laying there.

Kaas made her way over to the chest, noticing that it was locked. "For God's sake," she muttered.

"What about this?" Clem held up what looked like a machete, the holster engraved with the letters 'M.W'. "It should work."

Kass leaned down beside Clem and shoved the knife into the lock, before popping it off.

They opened the trunk, and found a stack of books, alongside a few cans of food Kass picked one up right as Alvin walked into the room.

"God," he said. "And thought we had it bad. Look at this dump." He looked at the food in Kassidy's hand. "So he did have food. Man, fuck Nick. He's lost a lot of his people, that's for sure. But that doesn't give him any excuse to go shooting up strangers."

"Give him a break," Clem said. "His uncle just died."

"Yeah, true enough," he scratched the back of his head. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost Bec. I'm just saying. Like, have you ever known someone who could do something like that?"

"Yeah," Kass shrugged. "Girl in our old group. Her dad had just died, and then she Just... shot a girl in the head."

"Damn. What'd you do?"

"Left her ass on the side of the road," she deadpanned.

"Damn," he leaned down, grabbing food from the chest and looking at the illustration of the girl on the front. "Hey, that's funny. She looks just like you, Clem."

Kass sputtered out a laugh as Clem just looked at them with a raised eyebrow as they shrugged.

"Hey, Kass, Clem, there's not a lot of food here, and Rebecca... Well, she's eating for two. Do you think we could keep this just between the two of us? I hate to say it, and I– I'd never go against the group! But I've got to put Bec and the baby first."

"Yeah, she can have it," Kass responded.

"We won't say anything," Clem added.

"Thanks," he looked out the window at Nick and his brother. "It's a shame. Nick was a good guy. He's still a good guy, but he's losing it. God knows we're not perfect. I'm just glad we have you two." He smiled, and turned to leave when he froze. "What the hell is that?"

Following his gaze, Kass saw that the bridge was filled with a huge herd of walkers, growling as they came closer.

"Walkers," Clem realized. She grabbed the cans of food, shoving them into Alvin's bag.

Kass pushed the door open, and ran out to the rest of the group. "Come on, gotta go, guys!"

"Yeah, we saw it," Luke said as everyone regrouped. "Come on, we're heading up!"

━━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.4K 32
When the walkers rise, everything went wrong and you were alone, until you met a little girl with a D on her hat. All character rights belong to Skyb...
193K 5.3K 44
It's been two years, since the dead started walking and two kids have been surviving it sense then, Y/N and Clementine. They had others protect them...
31K 1.1K 24
just some oneshots ive been writing i love violentine sm
47.1K 1.3K 81
-Completed- Y/N was a normal kid, in a normal home until he met Clementine and Lee. A Clementine X Male Reader Story. All Characters Rights are Owne...