Everything & More (Book 1 in...

By SelMarX

Martha, a strong blinded by love woman, must come to terms that Everything she knows in life is going to chan... More

🚨AUTHOR'S NOTE 🚨
Chapter 1-Martha
Chapter 2-Martha
Chapter 3-Ryan
Chapter 4-Martha
Chapter 5-Jonathan
Chapter 6-Ryan
Chapter 7-Martha
Chapter 8-Martha
Chapter 9-Ryan
Chapter 10-Jonathan
Chapter 11-Martha
Chapter 12-Martha
Chapter 13-Martha
Chapter 14-Martha
Chapter 15-Martha
Chapter 16-Ryan
Chapter 17-Martha
Chapter 18-Martha
Chapter 19-Ryan
Chapter 20-Ryan
Chapter 21-Martha
Chapter 22-Martha
Chapter 23-Jonathan
Chapter 24-Martha
Chapter 25-Martha
Chapter 26-Martha
Chapter 27-Ryan
Chapter 28-Jonathan
Chapter 29-Martha
Chapter 30-Martha
Chapter 31-Ryan
Chapter 32-Ryan
Chapter 34-Ryan
Chapter 35-Jonathan
Chapter 36-Martha
Continuing Update🚨
Chapter 37 - Martha
Chapter 38-Martha
Chapter 39-Martha
Chapter 40-Ryan
Chapter 41-Martha
Chapter 42-Martha
Chapter 43-Martha
Chapter 44-Martha
Chapter 45-Jonathan
Chapter 46-Martha
Chapter 47-Ryan
Chapter 48-Martha
Chapter 49-Ryan
Chapter 50-Martha
Chapter 51-Ryan
Chapter 52-Jackie
Chapter 53-Martha
Chapter 54-Jonathan
Chapter 55-Martha
Chapter 56-Ryan
Chapter 57-Martha
Chapter 58-Third Person
Chapter 59-Ryan
Chapter 60-Jonathan
Chapter 61-Jonathan

Chapter 33-Martha

445 27 1
By SelMarX

When we got to the V.I.P section earlier, I thought Ryan was having a fucking stroke. That was until I noticed his eyes shamelessly raking up and down my body. He was so lost that I don't think he realized that he was doing it. I felt completely exposed under his gaze. Ever since Lori put the idea of Ryan actually having feelings for me, I've been avoiding being alone with him. I didn't want to read into every little thing that he did around me but how could I not when he looks at me like that.

Though, as payback for her forcing me to go out, I made sure to invite Mason. Only to find out Ryan already did. Seemed like he had the same idea I did. We both knew damn well Lori wouldn't be able to function properly with him here. I know that's why she immediately made us go to the dance floor.

We both drowned ourselves into the music as Hips Don't Lie by Shakira fills the air. Moving our hips and waist, as I tossed my hair around. The strobe lights made everything that wasn't important just background noise. Soon enough, my eyes fell on the bar and the two men that were standing by it with one of them drinking a beer. They were talking but their eyes weren't on each other, they were on us. I could clearly see Mason trying to subtly look over at Lori from time to time but the other guy wasn't being subtle at all. It's like Ryan wanted me to know that he was looking. With my gaze locked on his as Lori spoke in my ear, "Follow my lead." With that she grabbed onto my hips and pulled me closer. We grinded on one another as her hands explored the side of my body. I pressed my back against her and brought my arms up to wrap around her neck. "Keep looking at him." She didn't need to tell me twice, my eyes never left Ryan's. I saw his clenched jaw and the tight grip he had on the water in his hand. My heart began to race and I was feeling hotter than usual. The pull I felt in my lower abdomen was more intense than I felt in months. I was getting seriously turned on by this. But as quick as it came, it went the minute I saw a woman approach the guys taking their attention away from us. Mostly Ryan in particular. Lori and I slowed our pace till we came to a stop. I turned to her and saw her scowling in their direction. "Who the fuck is that?"

"Don't know, don't care." I shrugged, fixing my outfit.

Lori rolled eyes and gave me a playful shove, "Oh come on, you're telling me, you weren't as turned on as I was. I saw the way he was looking at you. Though my eyes were elsewhere as well." She glanced in the guys direction. I knew she was talking about Mason. 

I knew my cheeks were more pink and it had nothing to do with the heat that accumulated through our dancing. "I don't know what that was."

"That was us teasing them, they were just as turned on." She giggled as she spoke, I could hear how proud she was of herself and her little scheme. As fun as that was I didn't know how I felt about the fact I was able to feel that way looking at Ryan.

"Oh and to think this is coming from someone that almost flipped when they saw the doctor."

Lori nodded as she bit her lip, "The alcohol is helping if I'm being honest."

"When did you find time to drink? You practically dragged me onto the dance floor the second our coats came off."

"The V.I.P section had complimentary drinks. I may have drank yours as well." I nodded understanding where all this new found courage from my best friend came from.

When I looked towards the bar again, the woman was gone and Ryan was enthralled into a conversation with Mason.

"I'm gonna get a drink." Lori immediately rolled her eyes knowing I was changing the topic on her.

"Have fun," she said teasingly with a wink, "I'm gonna keep dancing."

Walking up to the bar was a bit nerve racking. My mind wouldn't shut off. Ryan must have seen me out of the corner of his eye because he immediately turned and smiled.

"Hey." I said putting my hands on the counter continuously tapping my fingers.

He took a sip of his ice water. "I see someone was having fun," he said, gesturing to the dance floor.

"Someone enjoyed watching." The words left my mouth on their own accord. The implication of them alone had me a little embarrassed though when I looked up Ryan had pure amusement in his eyes. Those royal blues sparkled and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm not gonna deny it." He mumbled but he knew I heard it. He was teasing. This wasn't the first time, but it was the first time I was seeing through the lense of the possibility of this man actually being interested in me. And to say I didn't like it would be a lie.

I looked at Mason who had a beer in his hand. His eyes were a bit glossed over, I could tell that it wasn't his first beer. He smirked as he looked back at the dance floor, Lori was in a group now. Surrounded by a bunch of girls, she was grinding on about half of them but we all knew who he was looking at. "Have to say, it was hot."

Ryan moved to lean onto the counter and wave down the bartender. "Yo, my man. Let me get a shot of tequila for the lady." With that the bartender nodded and immediately poured the shot for me.

"Thank you." I said to the bartender and to Ryan at the same time as I downed it in one go.

"Hey listen," Ryan said, gaining both Mason and I's attention, "I wanted to tell you something, both of you actually." I looked back at Mason and he looked at me with the same curiosity. When I turned back Ryan had a nervous look on his face and rubbed the back of his head. Taking a deep breath he started, "I don't work at the local auto shop anymore."

"Dude I knew that." Ryan sighed before looking at Mason slightly annoyed, "Sorry continue."

"I haven't worked there in close to three years." Confusion must have been written all over my face.

Why would he lie? "Why would you lie?" I asked, voicing my thoughts.

"Because I've been trying to accomplish something that I didn't want anyone to know about."

Mason scoffed, "Garrett knew." Ryan huffed and rolled his eyes again.

"Whose Garrett?" I said looking in between the two of them.

"Oh, just my buddy at where I've actually been working." He waved off.

Mason had a sour look on his face as he mumbled under his breath, though we all heard it, "Yea the only buddy you trust." I elbowed Mason, signaling him to shut up.

"Where have you actually been working?" I pressed.

Ryan gave Mason a pointed look before answering my question, "Precision Fixes & Tires."

"I knew that too." Mason pointed out, "Is there anything I don't know?"

"I own that shop." Mason was completely silent. I saw him blinking a few times and I didn't see him speaking anytime soon.

I was still highly confused about the situation so decided to try and clarify, "Wait, what do you mean by you own it?"

"Exactly that, I've been the owner of it since I left the local auto shop."

My eyes widened and felt immense pride hearing Ryan's news, "Oh my God! Why would you hide something like that? That's amazing! You own one of the chain stores of one of the best auto shops in the country."

"Well actually," Ryan seemed lighter as he spoke, like he was happy to tell someone about it, "um the one store is just a test, Garrett's uncle is the absolute owner. Apparently he's getting up there in age and needs a successor. Garrett presented my history with cars and even got me a meeting with him at one point. He was so impressed with me, he wanted me to run the shop here in town before taking it further." I was completely speechless. Mason still looked like he was recovering. Ryan took this as his opportunity to continue, "Recently I met with investors, who seemed to also be impressed with me and Garrett's uncle wants to sign everything over to me."

Mason finally snapped out of his "Why would keep that a secret?"

With his hands in his pockets and lightly bouncing back and forth on the balls of his feet, he gave his only reason, "I didn't want to say anything in case it fell through."

I hadn't reacted yet there was something that came to mind that I knew made this all worth wild. "Ryan, isn't Precision Fixes & Tires also one of the main companies that NASCAR uses?" I said with full anticipation of the answer I already knew.

Looking at Ryan he seemed so proud, the glint in his eyes shined brighter as he pressed his lips together suppressing a smile and nodded. "That's fucking amazing!" I jumped into his arms and held on tightly, "I'm so proud of you."

His laughter filled my ears as the vibration through his chest shook my whole body. When he settled me back down on my feet we were still hugging. His arms were tight around my waist and I was feeling myself melt into his body. "I'm very impressed man." Mason said with pure admiration for his friend. "So I'm guessing you're the epitome of rags to riches then."

"Ha Ha." Ryan said dryly.

"What is he talking about?" I said. I was still in his arms enjoying his embrace. His hands were rubbing my back softly, it was another thing that I didn't think he realized he was doing.

"I'm talking about the fact that Precision Fixes & Tires is going to make him a pretty buck." Mason said with a smug look, "Which means... drinks are on you tonight." Mason whipped around to the bartender, "Let's get a round of shots over here and put it on his tab!" Ryan rolled his eyes at Mason for acting like a child.

I expected a position that involved handling a company would make Ryan well-off. This was an amazing opportunity, after working so hard his entire life.

"Hey you guys." The sound of my best friend made all my sense come rushing back and I subtly removed myself from him.

I turned towards the bar grabbing two of the shots that Mason ordered and held it up to her. "Hey, want a shot?"

"Ooo, yes please." With that we both downed a shot together. I saw the glistening sweat on her body as she settled down from dancing. She looked around with wide curious eyes, "So what were you three talking about?"

"How my best friend here is going to be running a business." Mason said, patting Ryan's back.

Lori's eyes almost flew out of her head as they darted from Mason, to me, to Ryan and back again "Excuse me?"

Grabbing her arm, her attention focused on me, "I'll tell you later." She nodded but I knew how desperate she wanted to know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 349 14
Love is a beautiful thing. It takes commitment for it work. Alicia and Harrison are newly weds and building a beautiful life together. A chance meeti...
741 92 36
A story of love and loss, Joy a young lady, recently divorced, sets out to find her piece of happiness which has so far alluded her. Finding her tr...
748 135 41
Navigating parenthood doesn't come with an instructional manual. Now before you go saying 'Cathy, they have those you know' I will say "Sure, they h...
584K 14.8K 22
Catherine was a woman blinded by love. She lives with her cheating husband who betrayed her and took everything she once owned. She can't leave, beca...