The Cure To My Pain ✔️

By LikeToBe_u

Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place... More

Hello!
Character Aesthetics
1. Relocation
2. Settling
3. New Day
4. Meeting Asher
5. Warning
6. Necessary
7. No More
8. Bloody Basketball!
9. Take care
10. Friends?
11. Crush
12. Tracks
13. Be Selfish
14. Are we good?
15. I tried
16. I'll be there for you
17. Ash's House
18. You'll get through this shit
19. The Party
20. Of course this happens
21. I'm way past denying it
22. Ash has a crush
23. It's you
24. Only if you want
25. Get used to it
26. I'm all yours
27. One last thing
28. Why me?
29. never losing me
30. I admire you
31. Right
32. Sure to the core
33. No more lies
34. Is it enough?
35. Time Apart
36. I'm sorry
37. Kill me
39. The aftermath
40. The truth
41. The pain
42. The plan
43. The first step
44. The final day
45. The result
Epilogue

38. Lie

1.3K 40 18
By LikeToBe_u

Percy's POV

Men walk in through the door, instantly gaining my attention. I search for my dad in all those faces. I sigh disappointingly when I don't see him. With a sad frown I continue playing with my ball. Everyone is chatting and all other kids are playing around. I should too, but I don't like people. I like silence.

I only like my dad, he is the only person I play with. I don't have a mom but I never needed one, only beacuse of my dad. He left me in this house with all of these people in the morning, like he often does when he is busy for the day. It's my summer holidays and he says I will get bored at our house, so this is where he brings me. He says this is his second home, I will be safe here.

He thinks I'm still a kid. I'm eleven not five, but I guess for him I'll always stay that way. In the midst of my thinking, I notice a girl sitting on the stairs, with her eyes watching everyone. She looks sad, from inside.

"Percy?" my eyes stray to the voice which called me,"I have something to tell you."

He gestures for me to follow him to the adjacent room. I nod at him and walk inside,"What is it Declan? By the way why isn't dad here yet?"

His face morphs into one of remorse and he sighs heavily,"That is what I had to tell you. He- he is dead, Percy."

I stare at him for a moment and then find my voice,"I'm sorry? I asked you about dad?"

"I know it's hard for you to believe but that's the truth. He is gone. But you know he loves you," he says seriously.

My throat clogs up and my eyes prick with tears. I shake my head,"No, he- no he just cann-, how- why?"

He places his hand on my shoulder,"I'm sure you know our job is dangerous. Some things happend in the past week and he took the hit."

Tears flow down my cheek freely,"Who did that to him!? Why did they do that to him!?"

He looks down for a moment and then finally met my eyes,"Last week a man left his daughter here for money. Infact that man was one of our business partners. Yesterday, he came here to collect his money and he bumped into your dad. You see, your dad has done his fair share of bad things and he hurts anyone if required. But when it comes to kids he couldn't let anyone hurt them. I mean you were the most precious person in his life. We knew that about him, so we didn't let him know about that deal. When he got to know about the girl, he threatened to expose him. This afternoon, his men jumped your dad and...."

"No! No! No!" I shout and clutch my head.

I punch on the wall beside me and then press my forehead on it, sobbing,"He was just trying to be a good person."

"You see, sometimes being good is not enough. Sometimes bad is required. He was the good in all those bad and it cost him his life," he says sadly.

"So now what? Are you not gonna do anything about it!" I yell at his face.

He grits his teeth and speaks,"We have no proof against them."

I clench my fist,"Who wants proof? You said bad is required, then go and kill them! Kill him, kill his family, kill his daughter! She is the reason all of this happened!"

"Well she isn't his daughter anymore. She belongs to us, she lives here," he says calmly.

I frown,"She lives here?"

He nods,"Yes and so will you from today."

I instantly shake my head,"No, No I don't wanna live here. I don't like this place, it's too loud and sketchy!"

He sighs heavily,"If you don't live here, you go to an orphanage and then maybe to some places which are way worse than this. Do you want that?"

I grab my hair and tug at it in frustration,"No I don't want that," a sob breaks out,"I just want my dad. He was everything I had in my life."

"I can't make the pain go away son and probably you can't either, but you can reduce it. You can lessen it by punishing the culprit." I look up at him in confusion,"You can make that girl hurt for the rest of your life. Make her feel what she did to you. As I said, bad is required and to avenge your dad's death, you need to be bad."

I look down at the ground and think upon his words. My dad always said he would do anything for me. He loved me the most and he would protect me at any cost. He is gone, forever, he tried helping someone. He tried being the good person, but I won't be. I'm not letting her live in peace. I won't let her have a life when my dad gave up his. Every breath she takes from now on, she will regret taking it.

"Do you wanna see her?" he asks rasing his eyebrows.

I nod firmly and follow him out the door. He points to the front and towards the staircase. Her chin now resting upon her hands, the girl from earlier stares into nothingness. She looked sad earlier and now I will make sure she would stay the same forever.

Declan's hand lands on my shoulder,"Go, explore your new house. We'll give you your room later. I've to go and arrange for the funeral."

With that he leaves me there and walks away. I watch as the girl gets up from her place and starts descending the stairs. I start walking towards her. When I reach her, I bump my shoulder against her hard, making her fall down.

She gasps and speaks from the floor,"Why did you do that?"

I glare at her,"Because you deserve it."

"Everlee! Are you okay?" an older girl walks to her and crouches down to her level.

I continue glaring at her making her lowers her eyes. Fear, that's what I see.
It's just the start, there is so much more to come.

"Percy, you up?" my wide, open eyes turn towards the door.

I spot Damon leaning agaisnt the doorframe,"Declan is calling you. He seems pissed. Good luck."

I roll my eyes and get up from the bed.

When is he not?

Yesterday after all of the fiasco, I was angry. More at myself than at anyone. Yesterday was a hard day, my dad's seventh death anniversary. All the years which went by it became just a little less painful. Everything was okay until I saw her, looking happy. She gets to fucking walk this Earth with a smile and the man who tried saving her is 6 feet under the ground.

This world is unfair.

I couldn't help myself but lose it. A few years before I didn't know any better. I bullied her, hurt her because she deserved it. But as I grew up, I realised my dad didn't wanted me to grow up like this. He wouldn't want me to hurt people, even when they deserved it. So I stopped hurting her physically, to some extent. But that did not mean I wanted her to live peacefully. I wanted the satisfaction of seeing her in pain, even when it wasn't physical.

Dad won't be proud, but I'm not exactly sorry either.

When I got out of the house, I drove to the main base. We got many spare rooms here but not everyone is allowed. All the important business is done in this place and they couldn't risk that shit. I'm always here, because after all of these years I still don't like people and this is the best place to be free of them. Everyone minds there own god damn business.

I reach Declan's office and enter it without knocking. He is expecting me anyway. I am surprised to be met by Rob as well. I don't like him one bit. Bitch is always gloating about his wealth. He is a piece of shit.

Declan immediately turns around and glares at me,"What the fuck did you do?"

I raise an eyebrow,"The fuck are you talking about?"

He slams his fist on his desk and yells angrily,"You don't know what I'm talking about!? You almost killed Lee yesterday!"

I give an unimpressed shrug,"Exactly, almost."

He grits his teeth,"You don't know how fucking important she is right now-".

"Then fucking tell me!" I yell at his face,"What's with her? You hate her the most but you want her safe and sound?"

"That's none of your fucking business. Just know that if she doesn't make it, I'm going to kill you," he seethes.

I narrow my eyes at him,"So, she's more important to you than me. Has she always?"

"Yes. She is the one surviving for free, isn't she?" he smirks.

"If you think I don't know about the papers, you are wrong," his smirk falls off at my words,"And you know, it won't take me much time to find out what they are about."

He takes in a huge breath and glares at me,"You won't do no such thing."

I give him a scowl,"I'm not a kid anymore Declan and neither am I Lee to do as you say. I had no problem with whatever you wanted do to her, as long as I got to do whatever I want! If you fuck with me, I fuck with you too."

He lunges at me but Rob comes in between and holds him back,"Shut up! I should've killed you, just like your Dad!"

"That's enough Declan!" Rob shouts and turns to me,"Percy, get the hell out."

I frown,"What the fuck did he just say?"

Rob scoffs and pulls out his gun from his pants. Aiming at me he says,"Get out, right now."

I eye the gun and turn around. With my heart beating erratically I walk out of the room and run a hand through my hair.

I should've killed you, just like your Dad.

Just like my dad, just like my dad, just like my dad.

What did that mean? Cut the bullshit, I know exactly what that means.

I punch my fist on the wall and scream,"Fuck!"

No, no, no. It was just a slip of tongue. No, my whole life can't be a lie.

I breath heavily and try to calm down. There is just one person who can help me with this. Carson, my dad's old friend. The only one I knew. He doesn't work for the gang anymore but being one of the old members, he lives here with the rest of them. I never asked him about what happened to my dad, beacuse I thought what I heard from others was true.

I don't know anymore.

I walk to the celler downstairs and pick up two bottles of vodka. That will make him speak. When I reach his room, I enter it without knocking.

Startled, he looks up from his magazine and looks shocked to see me,"What brings you here, Percy? After so much time."

I show him the bottles,"I was just remembering Dad after yesterday. Thought we could remeber him together."

He gives me a sad and understanding smile,"Sure, why not?"

And we do remember, a lot of things. Some unbelievable, some unimaginable. From where it started to how it ended, or where it didn't. After everything was said and I was left with disbelieve. I went out to do something right in my life. Because now I realised,

My life is indeed a big fat fucking lie.

********

Rate this plot twist from 0-5.

Who's excited for the backstory?

If you liked the chapter please vote!

-Love❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
591K 29.3K 68
ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs. ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ. Two inseparable best friends. A bond so beautiful that nothing could've broken them apart. But it all changed 𝘵�...
8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...