lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 8

2.9K 84 16
By the1dfanfics

A/N: So I really hope you guys are enjoying the story now. Thanks for the support/reads!

"And here is where we bake the cookies. We bake a fresh batch three times daily. Usually they sell pretty fast." Matthew explains as he shows me around the kitchen area of the cafe.

Today I sprang out of bed to meet him here. I am utterly happy about getting a job, and Matthew is being so nice and helpful. He's like a total stranger, but is so kind he wants to help me. The job looks like fun, and it is so simple too.

"So, what do you think? Easy enough?" Matthew steps in front of me at the end of the tour.

"It seems really great. I would love to work here Matthew." I tell him and mean it.

Matthew smiles enthusiastically. "That's wonderful! You can start tomorrow and open the cafe with me. Around nine?"

I nod and thank him again for the opportunity. We say our goodbyes and I walk out, with a jump in my step.

"I can't believe it!" I exclaim to myself as I stroll down the sidewalk. It's finally happening.

As I go for a stroll in the streets of Hampstead, I start to reflect on how things are turning around. I came here broken, with nothing, and now I'm slowly climbing back up the ladder to my full potential. I have a job, the next thing is college. My parents did not believe me, but I knew I could do this. This move proves a major step into adulthood.

My thoughts get interrupted when I hear my phone buzz. I pull it out of my purse and find a message from Harry that reads:

When are we meeting again, love?  H.

I quietly laugh as I walk when I think to reply this:

In your dreams, Styles.

Instantly, my phone buzzes with his answer:

We already met there last night. I think it's time we meet again, in person.

I sigh and stop walking at his cheesy comment. I don't know what to think of Harry. He is really sweet and handsome, but I really don't know what he's thinking is going to become of the two of us.

Maybe those aren't even Harry's intentions. Weirdly though, I find myself, since the last time Harry and I saw each other yesterday, to be thinking about him, kind of wanting to text him, but he is a celebrity. What would he really want with me? I'm nothing special. I'm probably just overreacting, as usual.

I look up from my phone and realize I have been absentmindedly walking the wrong way, and have taken the short distance from the cafe to the street of Harry's apartment building, instead of my flat. The two are kind of close. I decide to turn around and head the other way to my flat when suddenly, my phone rings again with a message from Harry:

You look rather stunning today.

I freeze dead in my tracks. He can see me? Where? Then it hits me. Slowly, I look up and notice a figure standing in what looks like his window looking down at me. I know it's him.

Creep.

Come up please? He texts.

Okay I'll come up.

I enter the tall building. I figure I can use this time to think of ways and get clues to get back at him for taking my phone and looking through it. I'll have to be sneaky. Sure, I'm a little anxious to see him again. I am really nervous too, because just his presence makes me feel that way. He is way nicer when he isn't drunk though. Plus now, I am feeling a bit more comfortable with him because he was very sweet when we talked at breakfast yesterday. It was like he actually cared for what I had to say, and it made me feel great.

I reach the elevator and press the fourth button. When the doors open moments later, I map my way out to find his place. Knocking on the door, a wave of nerves races through my body. I begin to overthink me coming here but I'm interrupted from my thoughts when Harry opens the door with a cute, cheeky grin.

"Morning angel," he greets happily before placing a small kiss on my forehead, which catches me off guard, and I flush a little. He grabs my hand and leads me in, shutting the door behind us.

I stand behind him with my arms crossed.

"Stalk much?" I joke sarcastically.

He chuckles softly as he comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me close. He leans his forehead down on mine and looks right into my eyes and smiles.

Wow he is beautiful.

I'm not sure why I just thought that, but it is sort of true.

"I can't help myself. You're too irresistible."

His compliments have been sending my heart racing. Harry is great with compliments. Suddenly, the thought that it would be fun to ruin this moment as part of my payback for stealing my number, enters my mind. I love the idea.

He leans forward and tries to kiss me, so quickly I interrupt him, "I have amazing news."

He pulls his head back away, still holding me, and looks right at me, trying to play this off cool but I can see a little disappointment in his eyes that his kiss didn't go through.

Haha, not smooth enough, dork.

I mentally high five myself before replying, "I got a job at a cafe."

Harry's small frown turns into a toothy smile and he gives me a tight hug and my head rests on his chest. "I'm so happy for you Rach, you deserve this." He congratulates me.

He squeezes me in our hug, and kisses my head. I breathe in, and smell the same wonderful scent that I smelled from the shirt I wore yesterday. It's so addicting.

"Thanks Harry. It's funny, I got the job in a really weird way." I say, breaking out of his hold and placing my purse on the living room table.

"What do you mean?" He questions before shoving his hands into his jean pockets. His focus still remains on my movements.

"Well, I was just ordering coffee at a cafe yesterday, a few blocks from here, and I saw a sign that said they were hiring and the guy who gave me my coffee offered me a job. His name's Matthew and he is really sweet." I explain casually.

I notice his muscles tighten a little, and his expression immediately changed.

"He just offered you the job. Just like that?" Harry asks a little bluntly. His brows furrow and his expression is unreadable.

Oh boy...

I nod, "Yeah...he showed me around this morning. I start tomorrow."

I can tell Harry is a bit jealous. He doesn't need to be, because why would he be? I probably shouldn't have mentioned Matthew in the first place. His face is still serious, and his eyes seem to have turned a darker shade of green. I decide to change the subject, before things get bad.

"So...what's up with you?" I ask him, rocking on my heels. I notice his muscles grow less tense and he relaxes a little. His eyes seem to change to a lovely lighter shade.

Don't need him going all hulk.

"Nothing too much. Just work with the lads and some exercise." He answers, his words emotionless.

There is an awkward silence. He is still thinking about Matthew. I'm about to say something when he does, "Want something to drink? I have tea, water, um..."

"Tea is fine, thank you." I tell him with a smile. He smiles back before stepping into the kitchen. As long as this weird nervous state of his goes away, I'm good.

Quickly, I begin searching for clues to get back at him. I look around the living room. There's not much to look at, being this place is my kind of place, plain and simple.

How am I supposed to do this, if I have nothing to get information from? Soon he comes back from the kitchen with two steaming cups in his hands and catches me looking around.

"Lose something, love?" He laughs.

"N-nothing just looking." I stutter as I walk over to grab the cup that was for me and sit down on the couch.

He joins me, and scoots so close our shoulders touch. I am so tempted to rest my head on his shoulder but I stop myself.

"Is your ankle still alright?" He asks before taking a sip of the warm liquid.

"Well, it still hurts a little actually. I'm having a bit of trouble walking but it will wear off." I really don't want him to worry about me.

"I feel so bad I did this to you. You don't need to meet with a doctor? I will help you pay for-"

"Honestly Harry, I'm fine, okay?" I interrupt and force a small smile. I hate seeing doctors. The last time I did was for an injury that Jacob gave me, and let's just say that didn't go well. It's become a hard thing for me to do.

We continue to drink our tea and talk for awhile. The tea is so delicious, warming me as it runs down my throat. I never would've thought he'd be good at making food or anything. Wouldn't he have people do it for him? I don't know how the fame thing works but I know this is better than any tea I've ever tasted. I wasn't much a tea person before I came to London, so this is pretty good.

We talk about him a little, but he keeps changing the subject and asking me about myself. The way he gives all of his attention to me makes me feel so important. He wants to know about my life back home, and of course I leave Jacob and my parents out of it. I explain how I had major plans for my future, and was very focused on my studies all through my life.

"So you're a little nerd?" He teases, laughing as I hand him my empty cup.

I roll my eyes. "So? There is nothing wrong with being an intelligent, organized, and focused person."

"Of course not. It's cute. I love it when a girl is ambitious, and has her heart set on a goal. It's such a good thing. Plus I dig a girl who's smarter than me," he chuckles, telling me how fame somewhat interrupted his schooling.

I feel myself blush, and I smile. Being treated this way is nice. Harry is super sweet when he's not going through mood swings at least. When our friendly chat dies down, I excuse myself to use his bathroom before I am going to leave. I had some plans to try and look at colleges online today after the cafe meeting with Matthew, and I still want to do it.

Harry acts a little stubborn on giving me privacy, but finally he gives in. Well, I have to shove him out and quickly lock the door, but I still win. I leave his bathroom when I finish and find him standing in the living room holding my coat and purse. His expression makes him look really guilty of something. I give him a look of suspicion as he grins. He helps me get my jacket on and hands me my purse. We head over to the door, and he turns to face me.

"Let me take you home, huh, love?" He suggests as he turns to face me.

"You don't have to. I'm fine." I assure and smile. I haven't smiled this much in a while, nor have I felt like this; so cared for.

"I know. I want to." He returns the smile, grabbing his coat and keys and leading me out the door.

We take the elevator down, and he sneaks his glasses on and quickly leads me out to his Range Rover. It's a cloudy day, but I guess he has to hide from the public.

Interesting. It's weird seeing him this way, because I see how open he is when we are in his place, but he's a bit guarded when he goes out.

He opens the passenger door and I get in. Then Harry walks around the car and sits in the driver's seat.

"Fancy car. The perks of being in a boy band, right?" I joke as we buckle up. It's true, this car probably costs more than I could ever afford.

Harry shakes his head laughing and gives me a cute grin. I haven't realized how adorable his dimples really are until now. I fight the urge to poke them because they are just so tempting.

We are off, me guiding him in the right direction to my cousins's flat. It isn't much of a drive. Besides the directions, we don't talk too much during the drive. Soon we arrive, and park in front of the flat. He comes around to help me get out and walks by my side to the front door. I dig out my keys to let me in since both of my cousins are still at work.

"I guess I'll talk to you later.." I tell him as I unlock the door.

"Thank you for seeing me today."

His voice is very deep, but calm and soft. I admire him as he runs his hands through his hair. It's something he tends to do when he is nervous. I have no clue what's wrong with me.

Why am I having these weird feelings?

"No problem," I reply quickly and look up at him. I guess my nervous habit is stuttering.

My eyes trail down to his hand that reaches for mine. Gently, he takes it and we both move closer to each other. He leans his head downward to kiss my forehead. It surprises me again, because we aren't a thing, are we? My shock must be evident on my face, because when he pulls back he gives me a small chuckle. I look back down, embarrassed.

"Well, see ya." I say softly as I glance back up at him.

"I'll call you. Goodbye Rach." He adds before grinning. I grin back and enter the house, shutting the door behind me.

I realize I'm still grinning like an idiot. He said he'd call me?

Am I falling for him?

Then I stop, the bad thoughts filling up my mind. I shake any thought of a good relationship out and walk to the living room, setting my purse down.

You have major issues, my subconscious tells me as I slump onto the couch.

I know I do. Jacob had literally ruined my 'love life' to the point where I was terrified to love someone, and for someone to love me. I hate it. I can't fall for Harry...I just can't. Now I feel too depressed to look for colleges, which makes me angrier. I'm not meant for love, it's not gonna happen for me. I need to accept that, and just move on.

* * *

After a few hours, my cousins return home from their jobs.

"Hey Rachel!" Jennifer greets happily, entering the living room with Hayley following.

"Hey you guys." I reply plainly, flipping through the channels on the television. My mood hasn't gotten any better.

"How was the job thing?" Hayley asks as she comes up to me with some food she brought for me.

"Pretty good actually. I start tomorrow and I'm excited." I tell them before tossing the tv remote away from me. "Ugh there's nothing on."

I take out my phone and as I eat and check my Twitter.

"Oh...my gosh." I gasp, nearly dropping my phone.

"What's the matter?" Hayley questions as she and Jennifer come and sit in the living room with me.

I can't freaking believe it.

Harry followed my Twitter.

He must have gotten on my phone again when I went to the bathroom at his apartment today. That's why he looked so suspicious. I need to put a passcode or something on my phone.

What's worse, is that millions of girls are commenting to Harry and I.

"Who are you?"

"What do you have to do with Harry?"

"How do you know him?"

"Congrats on Harry's follow!"

"She doesn't look like a model."

My notifications are swelled with them, and I've gained an extreme amount of followers too. I continue to look at my screen with astonishment.

"Rachel! Tell us what happened?!" Jennifer orders as she and Hayley watch me intently.

"H-Harry followed me on Twitter?" I mumble loud enough for them to hear.

The two of them gasp, waiting for my next word as I continue to refresh my notifications to find hundreds of more comments. How is this even possible?

"Check your Instagram!" Hayley forces.

Oh gosh, what if he followed me there too? I'm afraid of the answer.

Quickly, I get on my Instagram to find the exact same problem, and thousands of new followers.

I was popular, for nothing?

"It's the same thing." I tell them, showing them the screen.

"Damn! From what, two hundred and ninety something followers to almost two thousand or more? That's fucking insane!" Hayley laughs as I quickly put my Instagram on private before turning off my phone. "Get me some of that action please?"

Why would Harry do this? It makes me begin to think how I had to block Jacob from all my social media after I ran away. I don't know why this enters my mind, so I force it out.

"How could he have gotten your usernames?" Hayley asks. Before I tell them a lie, I am interrupted.

"Oh! You saw him today, didn't you?" Jennifer questions with a teasing grin. I give a small nod of embarrassment.

Great, I am about to be interrogated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 425 6
"Take this opportunity run away as far as you can without a thought to look back on, Maya this is your chance" ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃ ✪ ❃...
160K 5.5K 24
Maybe she never should've joined the game. SHORT STORY.
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

41.4K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...