[1]Season's Greatings

"There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled
With things from far away
The special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile
On a rainy day"

Athena

"ATHENA! Get in here, i want you to meet somebody!" I heard my daddy yell, he's rather angry today i hope he's okay.

"I'm coming daddy!" I yelled back

As i stepped into the living room i saw my daddy, he was bent over talking to a little boy. He looked older than me.
"You called for me daddy?"

He looked at me and then back to the little boy- "Yes, Athena this is Eden, Eden this is Athena my daughter. He will be your new-" He paused, trying to find the right words. He settled on- "friend- or bodyguard whatever."

"What happened to Josh? I thought he was my bodyguard, daddy?" He took a deep breath before answering. "I fired him he wanted more money if i was going to give him 24 hours for guarding you."

That's what he does. He gives me babysitters and bodyguards because he can't stand to be around me. But that's otay because he lost mom. She died when i was 7, she went into his room because he had slapped me for some reason, i can't remeber. She never came out. When i asked him what happened he said. "I'll tell you when you get older." But I'm older now, why can't he tell me?

I understand why he can't stand to be around me, it's because i look like her and he hates that. My daddy's white- well he's Canadian but still white, they're the same right? I don't know I'll learn when i grow up. My daddy hates that my skin looks just like hers,he hates how i like my thick,black hair in braids just like she did. He hates me.

No.
No, that's not right. He hates the idea of me, he hates seeing my brown eyes that remind him of my mom. He hates me for what he did to her. He thinks i don't understand, but i do. Mommy said not to ever marry a man like daddy, she said because "He'll pull you in to tight and when you wanna leave you won't be able to. He'll do horrible things but you'll love him so you can't imagine your life without him." I asked mommy if daddy was a bad man.

She said "It's not him, it's what he does. It's what he stands for, it's how he acts. Your daddy is a dangerous man Athe (a-thee) i dont want you to up end like him or me. We both chose the wrong path, baby i want you to be better than us."
Then she said she was indicted-

No.
No, that's not right. Astricted? Infricted? Addicted! Yeah, that's the word. Mommy said she was addicted to daddy.

"Daddy i thought-" I was gonna ask him why he hadn't told me yet, but he cut me off. "Now that's enough, I've spent more than 15 minutes here i need to get back to work, i expect you to be at the diner table in 1 hour and 8 minutes." He looked at me sternly as he said the last bit.

"Wait, how do you expect her to know the time." Eden spoke, his voice sounded deep for a 12 year old.

"She'll know"

"She's litteraly 9 i-" he stopped because daddy wasn't even there anymore. Silence fell in, I stared at him and he stared at me. "Fucking kids." He said as he rolled his eyes. My hand flew over my mouth, as i pointed at him with the other one. "Oop! You said a no-no word!"

He looked at me with a humored scowl. "A....no-no word?" "Yup! Mommy said kids like me shouldn't say no-no words." He looked angry now but still with humor. "Well I'm not a kid like you. Im not rich, I'm not spoiled, I don't even have a mom." He stepped closer with every word. "Well, neither do I." He stopped after he heard that, but he was already too close. He looked shocked, "You're kidding right, I'm sure there's a baby making housewife somewhere around here." He said as he looked around with cautious eyes. I shook my head 'no'.