The Temple of Fragile Foundations

Start from the beginning

"That's right. She was the most awesome ninja warrior I'd ever seen. I remember the first time I laid eyes on her."

...

"It was during a raging war. I was pillaging a peaceful village with my skeleton army."

There was indeed a war against the skeleton and some people wearing skulls as their helmets. Garmadon held his enemy by the throat, ready to defeat them when he stopped to look at something, more specifically someone.

"When I spotted this beautiful warrior queen from across a crowded battlefield."

It was indeed a lot of chaos, but this is Garmadon we're talking about. Chaos is literally his ideal lifestyle. But, anyways, the person he was looking at was indeed Koko, also known as Lady Iron Dragon, fighting her enemies as well doing flips and kicks.

"She was fighting for good and looking great doing it. Even as she decimated my evil forces. I couldn't take my eyes off her."

She stopped fighting as soon as she laid eyes on Garmadon, as well.

"I was speechless."

Garmadon smiled sheepishly and dropped the person he was holding into a volcano. That was expected and there was an explosion after he caused that.

"I summoned all my courage to approach her."

Koko smiled at him and hit a skeleton charging behind her, without looking behind her. Garmadon came up to her and smirked. "I asked her if she fought here often. She said, 'I do.'"

Koko nodded at him with a smile. Then Garmadon went and slashed his sword at her, but she blocked it quickly. They flipped backwards deflecting their weapons and finally clashed them against each other, both with smirks on their faces.

"And let me tell you, La-Loyd. When our eyes met, sparks flew."

The forced themselves backwards. Garmadon brought out his four swords and Koko brought out her spear. They let out a war cry, racing towards each other and throwing weapons at one another that formed a heart with an arrow in it.

"It was love at first fight!"

...

Both Garmadon and Koko were on their own horses, having the time of their lives. "Your mother and I were a true power couple. I thought we were gonna conquer the world together."

They are then seen decimating their own enemies from back-to-back. They are then fighting against each other. none of them getting the upper hand. Until, Koko found the right moment to strike and kick Garmadon in the chest, causing him to fall onto the floor, wincing in a bit of pain.

Koko gasped in shock and worry for him, but he started laughing. Koko picked him and they circled around each other, looking at the other lovingly.

"It was the happiest time of my life."

They both did something of a ballet balance and slashed their enemies that raced behind them.

...

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute." Lloyd interrupted. "If you guys were so perfect, then why did you leave us?"

"It's..." Garmadon struggled to find the right way to say it. "Complicated."

...

Garmadon and Koko were seen on a mountain and looking at Ninjago from a distance. "One day, we came upon Ninjago. I told your mother that I wanted to build our son's future on the ashes of that fine city."