Happy Birthday Lloyd!「✔」

"Yeah, but it sure must be tough to be that kid."

Suddenly, the TV is turn off by a woman with [Skin Colour] skin with [Eye Colour] eyes. She's in her 30's and she looks like she hasn't slept in days or even years.

"[Name]! Get up NOW!" The woman screamed. "Coming Mum....geez!" The girl yelled back within a toning of irritation, also known as [Name].

"Don't raise your voice at me, like that, [Name]!"

The girl was in a rush so she just had to go with a hoodie and sweatpants for the day. She of course remembered that it is Lloyd's birthday today. Lloyd is one of her best friends and also her crush. But, she will obviously meet him on the bus for now let's get back to her getting ready.

Sure it was indeed to be Lloyd but at least he has his other friends and he has [Name] by his side. All she wanted to do was see him smile but he often doesn't do that a lot because of what has been going on lately.

She grabbed a [Favourite Snack], [Favourite Drink] and a cupcake with a messily stuck on candle for Lloyd, as she rushed out of the door while saying, "Bye, Mama!"

...

WHIRR!!

WHIRR!!

"Hello?"

"Hello."

The boy's eyes widen as he realizes who called him, his father.

"What do you want?"

The boy also known as Lloyd is very confused as to why his own father asks him this question.

"Uh, you called me."

"Hang on a second."

His dad try to move the phone so that he can see his own face as well.

"I must have butt dialled you. Who is this?" He asks oblivious to the fact that he is talking to his own son.

"It's Lloyd."

The father is still unsure of who he is, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"Lloyd Garmadon, your son."

Oh yes, I forget to add that yes, his father is the one and only Evil Overlord Garmadon.

"No, my son is totally bald and has no teeth." He says in a bored tone while eating his cereal, it almost seemed like he didn't care at all at this point.

"Yeah, well surprise. I'm not a baby anymore!" Lloyd responded back in a sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes tiredly.

"Duly noted. How old are you? You're seven, right? You're seven." Garmadon questions, just randomly guessing in his tone seething with a somewhat bored tone.

"Sixteen." Lloyd reluctantly spoke up, in a sad tone, of course, because his own dad doesn't even know him that much.

"Huh?"

"Just add nine to that." Lloyd quickly said, while rolling his eyes, yet again.

"Well good talk, son."

"Wait! Are you sure there isn't a special reason why you might have called me today?" Lloyd inquired in a hopeful tone, hoping that his father could, at least, remember what today is. "On this day. Specifically today."

Lloyd was hoping that his own dad would remember what today is even, if he is an evil warlord that so happens to ALWAYS try find a way to conquer Ninjago City, but fails miserably.

"Look I didn't call you. My butt called you."

"Oh." Lloyd said in disappointment, his mouth turned to the shape of an 'O', as he said that.

"Well no time to chat. Sorry, Daddy's gotta go to work. Gotta get that Green Ninja and Mysterio Ninja or is it Cappuccino Ninja?"

"Yeah. It's Mysterio Ninja, dad."

"Glad the teeth finally came in. Bye-bye."

And the call ended. That's just nice, his own dad doesn't even remember his birthday.

"Lloyd, good morning!" Lloyd's mother, also known as Koko, called out in excitement.

His mother places items as Lloyd's washes the dishes while thinking of how to explain to his mother why he really shouldn't go to school. To be honest, I am surprised that Lloyd isn't home-schooled, but his mum believes that he can make people see the real him.

"Mum, hey, um, here's a thought." Lloyd started in a nervous manner and fumbled with the strings on his hoodie. "What if I didn't go to school today?" Lloyd questions, while cleaning a bowl.

"What? Oh, no! You don't want to miss school, honey." She exclaims, knowing the fact that he is the most hated person in Ninjago, but she still wants him to try again and again. "These are the best years of your life." More like the worst years of Lloyd's life, unfortunately.

"Um, have you...have you been to high school?" Lloyd questions. "Cause, uh...It's judgey. Pretty judgey." He says.

"Oh honey. You just need to give them a chance to see the real you. I know that, [Name] likes you for you." Koko states. As soon as she said that Lloyd felt an arise of warmth surround his cheeks.

"Yeah, thanks mum." Lloyd stuttered out. "But, yeah I don't think I can show people the real me. Besides not everyone is like [Name]. She is kind, caring, funny and-." Lloyd stops himself as soon, as he realises he is off track.

"Back to the subject." Lloyd says trying to hide his tomato face to not see his mother smirk at him. "But, yeah I can't show them the real me.." He stated in disappointment, his shoulders slumped in a defeated manner.

"That's not true." Koko says in defence. "All you've got to do is show them the person you are on the inside." She says while putting her hand on his shoulder. "Right here." She adds while pointing to his chest. "Where it matters most." She finishes.

"Oh, and also, don't forget if your dad attacks the city today, just be sure to-" Koko says but Lloyd joins in as he knows the drill.

"Duck and cover till the Secret Ninjas and Mysterio give the all clear." They both say in unison.

"Oh, and also, don't forget..." She adds once again. 

"Yeah?" Lloyd replies, glancing at his mother. 

"Have a happy birthday honey." She finishes and gives him a sweet sixteen kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, mum. I will try my best." He says while walking away and rubbing off his cheek of where his mum gave him a kiss.

"Of course you will!" Koko says to try encourage him.