Out of the Blue (Ch. 13)

Out of the Blue

Chapter 13

***...quite short im having trouble lengthening my writing at the moment...im so used to writing poems for my creative writing class that tangents and paragraphs are quite foreign to me. 

(c) stillhere

************************************

My head just then registered that Kessie had been squinting the entire time we had been talking. It was all Keegan's fault! I hadn't been this dimwitted before we met! 

"So why are my eyes glowing, o wisest of all sirens?" I asked sarcastically, trying to mask my embarrassment. Who forgets that their eyes are glowing? 

Kessie regarded me silently for a while, never looking me straight in the eye.

"Well, when we saved you all those years ago, the only way we could save you was by infusing some of the sea's energy into you."

"And...." I trailed off still not quite comprehending where this was leading.

"There must be something that is triggering that energy in you." Kessie explained softly almost to herself, trying to work out everything that was occuring.

I thought over all that had happened today, trying to pinpoint anything that would be the source of my sun-like eyes. Then something occured to me. 

"Kessie." I said sharply

She jerked out of her train of thought, eyes questioning.

"You have known for quite a while Keegan's true nature haven't you?" I accused, recalling her and Odelet's secret conversation that happened earlier today.

Kessie looked down shamefully, "I am truly sorry Nereida I-"

"Really? Why would you keep something like this from me? How could  you!" I shrilly screamed at her, Keegan's intoxicating presence wearing off. Instead of the hazy pleasure that had accompanied me all afternoon, a sharp, bitter sting from my closest friends' betrayal.

"Nereida," She started, reaching out to grasp my arm comfortingly. I jerked back from her, shaking my head. She sighed and continued. "I wanted to tell you! You know how Odelet is! Once her mother sends down an order, she follows it religiously. She threatened me into not telling you!" 

I mulled over her words for a few minutes. Odelet was unbelieving unloyal to her uptight mother. Though Odeelt wasn't particularly fond of her mother, she still clung to her. Before Kessie and I showed up, all she had was her mother. All the other sirens were scared to talk to her, afraid of offending her, and receiving Thelchtereia's wrath. Kessie was not afraid of anyone, so she of course did not mind such things. Me, ever since  that first day when they saved me, they became my new family. 

I nodded hesitantly. My eyes were watery, and my feelings still bruised, but Kessie and Odelet were my sisters. Family was family, and it was forever.

"Okay, okay. But you still aren't forgiven! We've never had such secrets between us! At least not for long!"

Kessie sighed in relief after I spoke, and responded, "This isn't something to be taken lightly Nereida!"

"Considering I'm the one whose eyes are glowing, I think I can handle quite a lot!" 

She looked at me then sighed oncemore, "Alright, alright. I am probably going to be sent to the Furies for this...oh well."

She looked me straight in the eyes then, despite my glowing state, and said seriously, "Nereida, there is quite a lot you do not know. What I'm about to tell you isn't something you'll want to hear in the slightest. Just remember that Odelet and I will always be there for you, so don't question that".

Kessie cleared her throat and began.

********************************************

okay so I literally just wrote this without any planning and...wow so not sure about this. ( not even put through microsoft word or thoroughly read over so please message or comment me if theres anything wrong....which without a doubt there is.)

Since I last wrote on this story, my ideas and plans for this has changed drastically. You will see this all in the next chapter.

So anyways, as you might have guessed, this is by no means a long 200+ page book. I started this quite literally years ago and I really want this to come to end so I can pursue all the other wonderful stories that are locked in my head. So my promise still stands: end this story by the time it's warm again...and the latest when summer comes.

Thank you all those beautiful readers out there who I hope still are with me and this long ass, drawn out story.

thanks bunches,

    - stillhere