Out of the Blue (Nereida's AutoBio)

(c) stillhere

Nereida's Auto Biography

PLEASE READ NOTE AT THE END OF THIS MEAGER THING

*************************************************************************************

My name is Nereida Sysco, and I have lost count of how old I am. Before you jump to conclusions, I will tell you who I am, and where I came from. I assume I was born somewhere around 700 B.C., in what is now referred to as 'Ancient' Greece. It was not ancient back then. It was a busy nation, happy to be free of the dark times of the Mycenaean's. There was not a lot of contact between the undersized communities because there were too many obstacles (valleys, water bodies, mountains, etc) blocking the way. My childhood was filled to the brim with joyous outings such as going to the marketplace, the Olympics, and swimming in the sea. My father was a wealthy and powerful merchant; therefore, my family received the finer things in life like slaves, feasts, and many first-rate clothes. Along with these riches came the most important - social acceptance. My family was invited, honored guests even, to the most prestigious parties. Naturally, I was in the 'it' group; the popular ring of the girls who ran the young adult scene in Greece. I say all this to emphasize how spoiled I was. I was an overindulged brat, and so were my older siblings, Artemis and Apollo (funny, I know...I have come to believe that my mother was not right in the head. Besides, my sister Artemis acted more like the God Apollo. Get it? No? Okay...). My self-centeredness, led me to a fatal decision. In my clique, I was by no means the leader, hence why I sought for a reason to become the star. In my then 16-year-old mind, meeting a famous boat maker (they were widely respected) twice my age, near midnight, seemed like the obvious solution. What happened next should come to no surprise, even though I was flabbergasted, someone began to attack me. When they were done, and, believing I was dead, they threw me into the Mediterranean like garbage. Two Greek mythical creatures- Sirens then, even though I was lifeless, rescued me. They were not what the author Homer had described them as, half-birds; they were mermaids, tail and all. When I came to, I was informed that I was now a siren, no longer a human. The two girls, who later became my closest friends, told me everything I needed to know- the how's, what's, when's, where's and why's of this new, strange world. Oh and there is something else needed to be talked about - the Gods. They are real and alive, and very, very power hungry...

So that is it- my (human, well for the most part) life history. As you can see, I am just your average murderous siren. Well, at least, I was murderous, now however, I am not sure...

**************************************************************************************************************

Note :)

Hello there!

ZOMG you guys met the bar waaay to quickly for my liking, and just my luck (sarcasm) the next school week I was given over five essays to complete in the span of two weeks.

I am SOSO stressed..GAHHH

So this autobio thingy was something I had to to do for my lit class, because my teacher wants us to 'develop a character to make a short story'. So, of course, I did nereida because I can relate most to her, and I find her the most fun to write aboutand give my views on things through. this bio is very CRUCIAL forthe next chapter seeing as I mention a few things that might confuzzle lots of people.

Ok so since I have soooo many more essays to complete the bar shall be set atttt.....

5 votes/2 comments

(It isnt a proper chapter after all ;P)

I will upload in the span of two weeks after the bar is met as I just did (barely).

Thanks so much for all your support, because of you I was on the 'What's Hot' List for Historical Fiction for like a day!!!

and the Historical Fiction/Fantasy page, I am in first two pagesss....

WOOHOOO!!!!!