Green

Third POV
"Class dismissed!" Snape yelled. Harry was whimpering, covered in the acid-like substance used to make polyjuice potion. Quickly he ran to the small child and brought him to his office. With a dry cloth, he wiped the sobbing boy's face.

Snape's POV

"It's going to be okay" I whispered softly, not sure if it was to assure myself or Harry. "You're going to be okay. You're going to be clean and smiling in a few minutes, and then I will bring you to Minerva, and she will give you some food, and everything will be fine. You're going to be okay. Please be okay!" I pleaded. Harry was shaking now, his shoulders up and down, but his hands were also moving. It was like he had a fever, but a very sudden one. To be sure, I checked his forehead, which seemed at a normal temperature. When he was clean, I checked him over one more time. He looked okay. Like he hadn't just been covered from head to toe in unfamiliar substances. But then I noticed something. His face, normally a light tan colour, was slowly becoming green. I think it was a reaction to the ingredients, but I didn't know how to reverse it. I had to figure it out before I handed the boy back to Minerva. She wouldn't want a green child. At least green is an acceptable colour, imagine him being red! Though, maybe Minerva would prefer that, as head of Gryffindor... What ingredients could produce this hideous look anyway? Perhaps eyes of newts? Or maybe the hippogriff feathers combined with the tongue of a beetle?

After half an hour, I still hadn't found the solution! Maybe I just had to go to Minerva and confess what happened. "What will she say? She is deputy headmistress, and if she asked, Albus would probably fire me. Maybe I should go look for a new house. Okay, calm down Severus." Harry was looking at me, his eyes filled with confusion. He was now a pine green, and his colour changing was now finally slowing down. "He still didn't look remotely like he should. Maybe I could ask Poppy. Surely she wouldn't tell Minerva? But what if she does? She has known Minerva for longer than she has known me." Okay, I'm stressing again. Just try to find a solution!

Third POV

After a while, Snape became desperate. What could he do to help the poor child? He really had to bring him back to Minerva, as his next lesson would begin, and Harry was unsafe in the potions classroom. Finally, after having a lot of time to think about what he was going to say, he got over the fact that Minerva would be angry and took the floo to the Transfiguration professor in her office. There, he handed the boy to Minerva and turned around, on my way out of her office.

McGonagall's POV

"And where do you think you are going, young man?!" I yelled. Severus had swiftly made his way towards the fireplace, but not fast enough. "You don't think that I don't notice that this boy has been returned to me, with a green face? He looks like a snake! What have you done!? I thought you were responsible enough to take care of a child for less than an hour! Apparently, I was wrong. You made him look like he has been travelling by boat for years. What happened?" Severus had already turned around during my outburst. His face, normally pale, was now as white as paper. You would almost think he was under the same charm as harry, but a different colour. "Severus, Harry is a child, you should be careful with him! Why is he green? Are you responsible for this? Did you even try to make him look normal again? Why is it green, why not red? I guess you had something to do with that too! And is it deadly? Does he have a fever?"

"If you would be silent, and let me speak, I might actually be able to answer your questions." Severus interrupted me. And when I said nothing, he explained.

- Time skip (3 hours later) -

Every professor in the school had already tried to help him. Even a few students had taken on the challenge. We had asked a healer to come and try, and even Dumbledore did his magic. Still, all these people had been unsuccessful in returning Harry's colour. He was still green, and his hair was also starting to become the colour of grass. Harry himself didn't mind all this. He looked happy with his green hands. Well, at least he was content.