Jaina: Begin Again (Romance Arc)

First romance chapter I've ever written for this story. Inspired by an artwork made by Gasone, from a story and a oneshot I've read in the past. Remember, this is only a one-shot, like all the other chapters. No continuity. Enjoy. Happy Holidays!

-DarkInfinity

P.S. This is gonna be one long-ass chapter to help it develop and not feel rushed. In other words, my longest chapter ever. And I do not own the artwork posted here. They belong to their respective creators.

New Edit as of January 2, 2021: Many chapters will be labeled as Romance Arc to signify their continuity in this separate timeline. Meaning, Jaina's romance here will continue in the other chapters with the label, and so on, and so forth.

................................................................................................................................................................

"When two broken hearts meet, they find their missing part in each other."

Luffina Lourduraj

Jaina Proudmoore was a very colorful individual, in terms of her life experience. She has had many experiences that would be deemed too much for a woman her age. 

Her love, Prince Arthas Menethil, fell prey to the Scourge and became the Lich King. This broke her heart, for she felt that he let his vengeance get the best of him and she felt guilty for not stopping him. She faced the Burning Legion's second coming at Mount Hyjal, and cast aside her prejudice for the Horde. She took up arms and became Theramore's leader, in an uneasy armistice with the Horde after her father, Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, was killed. 

Now, in the Nexus, she had taken a whole new level of life experiences

Now, in the Nexus, she had taken a whole new level of life experiences. She had never thought that beings like Zagara, Kerrigan, and even Diablo could exist. Yet, the searing mark that she carried stung again when she saw Arthas in the Nexus again, albeit in his fallen state.

It reminded her of those times of regret, and it was hurting her mentally. In this realm, death is only a temporary setback, which only served to amplify her pain that Arthas may never find rest. Despite all that, it was hinted that she still loves him.

James Raynor, founder of the Raynor's Raiders, has had his own share of life experiences that are indeed worthy of legendary status. Yet, despite surviving many events such as the Swarm attacking the Dominion, Mengsk trying to get him imprisoned for life, and the constant assault of Moebius Corps, he is not immune to tragedy.

Sarah Louise Kerrigan, former Confederate Ghost-turned-Queen of the Swarm, was his one and only. Now seeing her in her primal zerg form in the Nexus, he is reminded of the losses he faced in Koprulu, and could not forget that she was responsible for slaughtering millions of innocent lives and his close friend, Praetor Fenix. He ended their relationship years after she rescued him from imprisonment in Moros.