Anduin: Royal Liberty Pt. I (Romance Arc)

Sorry... if this took too long, then I understand. I got quite busy since 2nd semesters are demanding, turning my brain to scrambled eggs. Anyways, this one is also heavily inspired by a work in Fanfiction.net, and I want to put my own spin. Anyways, I will relabel Jaina and mark many others as a Romance Arc, to make a storyline of its own. Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

-DarkInfinity

................................................................................................................................................................

AN HOUR AFTER JAINA AND RAYNOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP
KING'S CREST

Anduin Llane Wrynn, High King of the Alliance during the War against the Horde after the Legion Invasion at the Broken Shore. In the Nexus, he has met Sylvanas from a different time, and has learned to accept her eternal presence here and that she's not the same one he confronted after his father's death.

Now, being in the Nexus, he has in a way, been freed from his duties as king. He was reassured that there was a different copy of him running things like normal back in post-Legion Invasion Azeroth. This relieved him greatly, knowing that the Alliance still has a leader.

Meeting his father here, King Varian Wrynn, was both a source of shock and joy to him. His father aided in the process of making him accustomed to this realm. Many others such as Uther and Muradin, being long dead in Azeroth a long time, only added to the suprise. Suffice to say, the Nexus has become a very interesting world to him, owing to his scholarly approach to life and his drive to know things.

To Anduin, this universe is one great paradox. Many heroes long dead in their original universes thrive here, and many from different timelines. He couldn't wrap his head on how the Nexus hasn't destabilized from the varied sources and timelines potentially warping it, from experience based on the events when Garrosh formed the Iron Horde on an alternate Draenor. 

With no obligations to royal duties, and the fact that death here is only temporary, opened up many possibilities for the 18-year old monarch. Every hero here is on the same level, even if they had any powerful title or rank back in their original universes. To think about it, not being king over anything in this realm is quite a blessing in disguise. You get to fight to your heart's content, and you can interact with others just like normal people. The only sad part is that the Realm Lords dictate many of the battles requiring participation of the heroes. But Anduin can probably manage that just fine, especially with his father around to help guide him and offer counsel.

The new romance that Jaina had with James Raynor caught his attention, especially when it was just announced earlier this day. For today, he would ask them on how they came to be out of curiosity. He found them under a tree in King's Crest, with Jim Raynor in his armor, and with Jaina donning her usual outfit. 

Both their weapons were side by side on the grass, just like they were. They just shared a kiss when Anduin arrived, making it a bit awkward.

"Aunt Jaina.. pleasure meeting you here. And greetings to you, Commander Raynor. I've heard tales of your bravery from the other heroes. Uther seems to dote on you."

"Sup, man. Nice seeing you here. Still, why do you look and sound like Valerian? Tryin' to get used to that."

"Who is this Valerian you are referring me to, commander?"

"He's a prince that's close to me back home. You really resemble him, kid. Freaks me out a little bit. But don't worry."

"Anduin, it's nice seeing you too. How are you handling the Nexus so far? I understand seeing people like Uther alive and well, as I felt the same way the first time."