Chapter Two: Spotlight

You looked up from your knees. Funtime Freddy was inches away from you, but his head was facing something over his shoulder. Bon-Bon was smiling at you, a little bit menacingly. Funtime Foxy was a little bit further away, but he was facing you, his animatronic eyes somewhat narrowed and eyebrow plates furrowed downwards, explaining the narrowed-eyes look.
"Aw, c-c-c'mon-on, Ba-by!" Freddy whined. "Lemme-me have some-me f-fun!" You leaned over some to see who the bear was talking to, instantly recognising the animatronic from the poster, except in much better quality. The only thing that was different was that her eyes were an emerald green instead of a sapphire blue.
"No," the animatronic replied calmly, walking past Freddy to inspect you. "We need her. You will help us, won't you?"
You gulped and considered your options: you could dive through Freddy's legs and make for the vent, but then again, Foxy was fast, and the slimmest of the animatronics. With those features combined, he could easily grab you like a bear would grab a fish from a river. You could say no, and possibly be killed. That was about all you could do. You sighed.
"Before I give you my answer, what is this for?" You asked.
The animatronics glanced at each other knowingly.
"It's for something, and that's all you need to know," Foxy spoke in a snide tone, walking forwards and bending his knees to level with you. "Let me make this a little simpler: do you want your neck broken, or do you want to live?"
"Keeping me here may not be as simple as you think," although you knew what you would choose, you still tried to weasel your way out. "I need to shower—"
"There's a bathroom upstairs." Baby said coolly.
"What about food and water?" You asked. Maybe they have this a little more in the bag than you thought, but you'd find a loophole.
"It s-seems like y-you have some li-iquid in your back storage tank," Freddy pointed out.
"My what?" You asked, but then shook your head. "Well, whatever. The people watching my phone will get suspicious when I've been staying down here for a while."
"Oh, you'll still have your job," Foxy growled, flicking his tail. "You just won't go home at the end of the day."
Now you were starting to tense up. "W-what if I try to escape?"
"I have a built in camera system inside me," Baby told you in a matter-of-factly tone. "I can see you whenever, wherever. Oh, and I can jam it anytime, so don't count on anyone coming down."
You gave in, and felt tears starting to sting at your eyes again. "Okay," you sighed shakily. "I'll... my answer is yes."
Suddenly, a small music box chime started playing. And in came the twirling, spinning ballerina you recognised.
"Well, isn't that a good thing?" Ballora opened her eyes and bent down next to Foxy. "Trust me, death here isn't pretty."
"Wha—I—" you spluttered, but Ballora interrupted with a curious tone.
"Have we met before?" She asked. "You seem... familiar to me."
You loosened up a little, smiling shyly. "Yeah, but I'm not sure if you'd remember—"
"I remember every single party I've been to. Try me."
"Oh, well, um..." you rubbed the back of your head. "My friend's name is F/N—"
"August 28th, at the park down the street," Ballora smiled. "Oh, now I remember! You were so tiny back then..."
You blushed. You had always been called short, especially by F/N, but never by a robot. "Uh, yeah, I guess I was!" You chuckled awkwardly.
"Could we stop with the chit-chat?" Foxy growled loudly. "It's getting boring."
You felt your temper starting to short-circuit. "Well, kids would get bored of you, wouldn't they? You seem like the type to only talk about yourself," you snarled unmercifully.
"Oh, honey," Ballora sighed. "You have no idea."
"Hey!" Foxy barked. "You're supposed to be on my side! And anyways," Foxy grumbled, "I was gonna ask where... sorry, what's your name?"
"Y/N," You tried to crack a nice smile, but you could tell by Foxy's expression that it wasn't nice at all. "Y/N L/N."
"Well, anyways," Foxy went on. "I was gonna ask where Y/N wanted to sleep."
"Sleep?" You cried, setting your camo bag in front of you and getting your phone from the side pocket. It read: 12:25 A.M.
Ballora blinked. "Are you alright, Y/N?" She asked kindly. "Something you need?"
"Oh, no, I just didn't realise the time," You reassured her. "Normally by now, I would be having my third coffee and binging a show I found on Netflix—"
"Oh, you're sleep deprived, right?" Foxy asked. His eyes widened, then he sighed. "The best thing for hmhghmph..." Foxy mumbled.
"What was that?" Ballora asked.
"The best thing for sleep deprived humans is a hmhghmph..." Foxy fiddled with his tail.
"You'll have to speak up, Foxy-Fox," You grinned, knowing people like Foxy were annoyed by the nicknames you gave them.
"THE BEST THING FOR SLEEP DEPRIVED HUMANS IS A COLD, DARK ENVIRONMENT FOR THEM TO FALL ASLEEP IN!" Foxy yelled, then he added quietly, "we don't want our new 'guest' to be sleep deprived..."
"Well then," Ballora smiled. "That settles it!"
"Wait, what?!" You cried. "I have to sleep in the same room as him?! What about your room?"
"My room had lights in it," Ballora explained as she made her way to the vent. "So I'm sorry, but you're sleeping with a boy. I don't mean this in a rude way, but put up with it." And with that, Ballora was gone, leaving you and Foxy alone. You narrowed your eyes at him.
"Don't try anything sneaky," you warned him. "Lights or none, if you try anything, I'm sleeping with Ballora!"
"Same to you," Foxy spat. "But I'd be kicking you out, understand? Also, don't call me 'Foxy-Fox'. It'll only get you killed faster."
You rolled your eyes. "Aye aye." You put your bag on its back, using it as a stand in pillow. Laying your head down, you fell asleep to animatronic footsteps and the distant tune of Ballora's music box.