Chapter Eight: The Plan

"All done!" You smiled, pulling the paintbrush away from Foxy's now fully painted snout.

Foxy swished his tail impatiently and stood up, rolling his eyes. "Geez, I didn't know it took humans so long to do simple jobs."

Annoyance bubbled in your stomach at Foxy's ungrateful tone. "So you'd rather have kids make fun of you for having a broken snout?" You raised an eyebrow at him, and Foxy seemed to have flashbacks to the last time he was ungrateful for something.

"No, of course not!" Foxy tried desperately to reassure you, following you out of parts and service. "I mean, they'd never have the courage to make fun of someone as cool as me, but that's beside the point!"

You smirked a little as Foxy babbled on, walking in a small circle before finding your little corner and you bag. You looked over your shoulder to see Foxy staring at your flashlight, ears perked and looking at you hopefully, like a dog waiting to be given a bone.

"So..." Foxy hummed, tugging the flashlight out of the bag and holding it out for you to grab it. "Who's looking for the other first?"

You felt an amused smile tug at your lips as Foxy stared at you expectantly. "Well, we have to wait for your paint to dry first," You told him slowly, still taking the torch from his cold metal hands. "I don't want to have to do your paint job again if it gets smudged or wiped off, y'know?"

Foxy groaned, shifting his bottom jaw face plates outwards as if trying to imitate a pout. "But Y/N!" Foxy whined as you shoved the torch in your pocket, "You said we'd play Spotlight!"

You chuckled at Foxy's display, turning towards the vent. "How about I go hang out with one of the others while we wait for your paint to dry?" You suggested as you neared the vent, preparing to get on your knees and elbows, "I'll see you in about an hour--"

You barely got to get out your last sentence before you were swept off the floor, metal arms holding you bridal style. You felt heat rise to your face, and you hoped Foxy couldn't see it as he peered at you.

"Put me down, Foxy-Fox!" You yelled, wriggling in his grasp, but the animatronic's grip only tightened. "C'mon, I'll only be gone for a bit!"

"Y/N, I can't let you see any of the others!" Foxy hissed, setting you down, but still keeping a firm grip on one of your wrists. "I think they know I'm trying to protect you from them. They won't tell me when the plan is going to happen anymore."

You let out a huff of irritation. "You don't need to protect me, I can protect myself!" You protested, snatching your wrist away.

"Not from them, you can't!" Foxy cried, waving his hands around. "Don't you trust me? They want to hurt you!"

You let out a 'pfft' of disbelief. "Why would they want to hurt me?" You pointed out. Foxy just groaned, crossing his arms and flicking his tail in frustration. "I've agreed to help them! And sure, they won't tell me what I need to help them with, but they wouldn't hurt someone that's helping them."

"What is not clicking in your head, human?!" Foxy snapped, stamping his feet and curling his hands into fists. "They--" Suddenly, the lights on Foxy's stage flickered on.

"Foxy, I hope you're not telling Y/N about the plan."

You and Foxy both turned to the glass panel to see Ballora, eyes open and glittering with warning as she glared at Foxy, and concern when she turned to you.

"Y/N, why don't you sleep in the Breaker Room tonight?" Ballora suggested softly, beckoning you out. "It's a bit louder, but I think it's time you know at least a little bit about our plans."